#1 margoose

margoose

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 277 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 06:16 AM

OSG Templates

Download Here

This is a set of three templates [or engines?] that can be used to create an one script game
without the hassle of dealing with things such as screen refreshing, io handling, and error
handling. With these templates you can immediately start coding your game. A Registered
Version of Game Maker is required to use these templates. Credit is required for .exes.
Credit is also required in .gmks if you remove my name from the comments. In either case
give credit to Marcus 'Margoose' Winslow. For more information view the
README file in the .zip file.

Features

* A simple "snake" game example has been included for each template (created by me) for learning purposes
* Uses surfaces for screen refreshing
* Each template varies on OSG strictness
* Uses game exit error handling techniques
* Code is well commented and very expandable based on varying needs

Enjoy!

Edited by margoose, 18 February 2010 - 06:24 AM.

My Creations:

#2 YellowAfterlife

YellowAfterlife

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 4157 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 19 February 2010 - 01:39 PM

Monstorous snake game :(
Never thought that it's possible to make till 300 lines.
If my posts contain broken links, try looking around my website. I gradually make blog posts for any examples I make.
_.png_.gif

#3 Devilfromhost12

Devilfromhost12

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 735 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 01:36 AM

One thing I have to say besides awesome Sane Example. In the snake example you don't die when you crash into your self. In the original snake you did. Besides that it is awesome.

#4 margoose

margoose

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 277 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 10:31 PM

First of all, thanks for your replies and compliments. It really is appreciated. I didn't have any problems with the snake running into itself before, when I get back to my laptop I will check it out, I might have missed something when copy and pasting my code to my finalized templates. As much as I appreciate your comments on my snake example, this topic isn't for the snake example as I could have made it insanly better if that were the purpose. It is simply a great game to display the proper coding elements needed in a well coded OSG. What I would really like is input about the templates themselves, whether it be questions, comments, or suggestions.

edit: I double checked the code and the exe's and they all correctly die when the snake collides with its self. I see no reason why it wouldn't work on anyone elses computer for any reason as resolution shouldn't matter.

Edited by margoose, 23 February 2010 - 08:13 PM.

My Creations: