#1 Murska

Murska

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 323 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 04 February 2010 - 12:28 AM

Posted Image

Arcane Adventures is an online role playing game that has reached its public beta testing stage.

ArAd has currently:
- Dozens of quests
- Hundreds of different items
- Many different types of enemies and places.

You got to see the game with your own eyes to witness its epicness.

Screenies:

Screenie 1
Screenie 2
Screenie 3

The game has couple music files that bloat the filesize to 15 megabytes. That is why I use an autodownloader that will ensure that only the necessary files are downloaded. You can get the downloader from here:

DOWNLOAD

In case you're having problems with the updater:
Mirror: Watzels' download channel
(You'll still need the other files, though. Use this if the updater fails in the end while its trying to download the big executable file.)

The server is on, and will be open 24/7 as long as there are no technical difficulties. Have fun playing!
~~Murska

Edited by Murska, 14 May 2010 - 01:42 PM.

flow_banner.png

#2 Krisando

Krisando

GMC Member

• 1351 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 12:30 AM

First post!! This game is very fun guys.

Posted Image

#3 AvengedAngel

AvengedAngel

GMC Member

• 163 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:00 AM

looks good but change the equipment thing it just looks ugly...

help out on the graphics for my game! Graphics Request

#4 linx137520

linx137520

Graphics Designer

• 1284 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:08 AM

Might you be talking about the wooden texture B-) ? This game is great by the way, waiting for some of you viewers to come online :).
Posted ImageLinx~

#5 AvengedAngel

AvengedAngel

GMC Member

• 163 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:26 AM

Might you be talking about the wooden texture B-) ? This game is great by the way, waiting for some of you viewers to come online :).

no where it shows what's equiped(head,chest,feet etc etc) it just looks ugly.

#6 linx137520

linx137520

Graphics Designer

• 1284 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:54 AM

Alright, i'll try and fix that up :) since im the graphics designer, it's been a long process remaking the graphics, and we're still not even finished B-). **Friendly note: Some things are not explained well so i'll put them in this post.**
1: Read the Readme, it helps.
2. You do not regenerate health so collect berries or cook rat meat (click the meat by a fire) to get items to heal yourself.
3. To make money, you can sell berries, mushrooms, rat tails, ect. To sell meat, you must cook it first.

Have fun everyone :D
Posted ImageLinx~

#7 iluvfuz

iluvfuz

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1452 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 04 February 2010 - 02:01 AM

It's okay. I like the game right now though and it does have the elements of an MMORPG. I suggest you go for a more unique style of an MMORPG than trying to create a high quality GM clone. Also, all of the HUD is ugly IMO. No offense to whoever made the sprites, but you really need to change the look of HUD to be less messy and bland.

Good job. 7/10 I guess B-)

#8 BlaXun

BlaXun

Slime Online Creator

• GMC Member
  • 2750 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 02:25 AM

Bug report:

When you accept the quest from "Hugo" he'll give you 70 gold.
I got a disconnect later and the 50 gold were gone and he won't give it to me again.

I stopped playing when I realized that putting points into strength doesn't even make me stronger.
The game is to slow imo...

Suggestions:

-Don't make the Player loose his head when a rat bites his feet or a chicken kills him...this is stupid...I dont think this game needs such gore effects.
-Player walk animation seems weird
-Loosing ALL items when beeing killed is bad...let the player loose 3 random slots or something, maybe some money but not all items
-Adda fullscreen option
-When you have a party open, where it shows the empty party slots...why not add a textfield there where u enter the person you want to invit instead of forcing the Player to use "/invite"

Edited by BlaXun, 04 February 2010 - 02:46 AM.

iBNKRoX.png

#9 AvengedAngel

AvengedAngel

GMC Member

• 163 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 03:10 AM

Suggestions:
-Add a quest log
-Add a map
-Add a freaking quest log!
-Show the exp needed for the side skills(cooking,fishing etc)
-Let you be able to control the player with W,S,D,A

PS: Does strength really not do anything? why not?

Edited by AvengedAngel, 04 February 2010 - 03:15 AM.

#10 linx137520

linx137520

Graphics Designer

• 1284 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 03:20 AM

Str is for getting new weapons which will increase your damage (i'm pretty sure). Murska knows the exact formula, and if im correct you could ask him to change it B-)

Edit: Tested by hitting with the lowest level item (stick). Im pretty sure im correct since i only did 2's, strength is for being able to get new weapons. Higher your strength the stronger the weapon you can get :) (with money of course).

Edited by linx137520, 04 February 2010 - 03:38 AM.

Posted ImageLinx~

#11 2DLuis

2DLuis

Graphic Designer

• GMC Member
  • 2527 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 04 February 2010 - 03:24 AM

Epic updater, how did you make this :)

AWESOME GAME!
6/5 B-)

Edited by luis148, 04 February 2010 - 03:36 AM.

#12 AvengedAngel

AvengedAngel

GMC Member

• 163 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 04:12 AM

Epic updater, how did you make this :D

AWESOME GAME!
6/5 :)

Yeah strength should not just be for getting new weapons it should also increase your damage(maybe +1 damage per 5 str?) because maybe later on you will want a pvp area(hint hint?) and everyone will be doing the same damage would be quite boring B-)

Edited by AvengedAngel, 04 February 2010 - 04:13 AM.

#13 Krisando

Krisando

GMC Member

• 1351 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 04:45 AM

Raising minimal damage like AvengedAngel is a nice idea. It's odd how everything is really combined to dex, and not so much strength.

[Edit]
Blasted downloader fails far too often.

Edited by Krisando, 04 February 2010 - 04:48 AM.

Posted Image

#14 Watzels

Watzels

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 601 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 07:22 AM

Firstly, nice to see this game finally released to the public! Looking forward to more and more people online.

-Loosing ALL items when beeing killed is bad...let the player loose 3 random slots or something, maybe some money but not all items

Argh, but then there is no real punishment for dying. If i die and will lose 3 items, then i will just collect an inventory full of items i want to take to town to sell to make a bit of money and will just let myself die as it would be a much faster trip.

Games are supposed to be challenging otherwise they just get boring rather fast, where is the challenge if you can freely die without punishment?

Your other suggestions however are good!

Show the exp needed for the side skills(cooking,fishing etc)

You can see this by typing
/mystats

However, i agree that this is not the best way for it to be shown and im sure in the not so distance future, that if murska can find the space in the stats section to add it.
Also, type
/stats playername
to see other peoples stats!

Blasted downloader fails far too often.

I have the same problem. It is because the server (website one) losses connection quite often. Ill post a mirror for people having trouble if murska doesnt come online soon (i want people to play with!). Hopefully murska can post a mirror of the .exe in future!

The game is to slow

Character speed or how fast you lvl? Be more specific!
Character speed in increased when you upgrade your agility.

Finally, IF str gets changed to cause more damage for the player then please also do the same for conjuration otherwise a mage and a fighter will be very unbalanced!

#15 Murska

Murska

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 323 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 10:51 AM

All of the HUD is ugly IMO. No offense to whoever made the sprites, but you really need to change the look of HUD to be less messy and bland.

Yeah I have to admit that its not very good looking. But the game is a work in progress, so we'll do something about that! : P

Bug report:

When you accept the quest from "Hugo" he'll give you 70 gold.
I got a disconnect later and the 50 gold were gone and he won't give it to me again.

Sorry for that, hugo accidentaly gave you 70 experience points when he was supposed to give you the gold coins (on the servers side, thats why you probably got disconnected too). Its now fixed.
And about the losing items thing; there are chests where you can store the items you feel that are important to you. I wanted to keep the fear of dying, otherwise the trips to the deeper caves would be really boring if you could just get back to the city without losing anything if you died.

Suggestions:
-Add a quest log
-Add a map
-Show the exp needed for the side skills(cooking,fishing etc)
-Let you be able to control the player with W,S,D,A

PS: Does strength really not do anything? why not?

The game has over 70 rooms currently so it would be quite a job to make a map for it, surely I will make one, but its not my #1 priority at the moment. I'm sure you will get to know all the places after you explore a little. Quest log is a good idea actually, I'll see what I can do. And yes the strength does have only a minimal impact on your damage currently, its more like a skill that will allow you to use better weapons -> more damage.

Epic updater, how did you make this :)

AWESOME GAME!
6/5 B-)

I made it with C(++), it uses the Windows API interface. Simple, but it works. It just seems that my filehost makes the bigger file downloads fail way too often : (
I'm glad that you liked the game! : )

PS. I made an update that fixes some of the current bugs. I'll also add an mirror for those who are having hard time downloading the executable file. Note that you will still need the other files that are downloaded by using the downloader.

flow_banner.png

#16 Batch

Batch

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 728 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 11:53 AM

Very nice game, it's fun.
But yes, I got lost pretty easily in caves, so some sort of minimap would help.
Also, I don't think people are used to putting stuff into chests. I'd much rather lose 3 items when I die.
Quest Log is also good, as I tend to forget the objective of quests I have accepted XD.

Anyways, very awesome game.

-CubinJ
~spriter / programer for free~
You may have known me in my past life as CubinJ...

#17 BlaXun

BlaXun

Slime Online Creator

• GMC Member
  • 2750 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 12:28 PM

Okay, so when you die you loose all items....what if you got rly rare stuff with you?
Sure, its okay if u only got berries or random loot with ya, but once you get something rly nice and THEN die you'll bite your @ss :/

And I absolutely agree that games should be challenging, but there is a difference between challenging and frustrating.
Challenge is hard fighgts, frustrastion from loosing everything you worked for ^^,

Edited by BlaXun, 04 February 2010 - 12:30 PM.

iBNKRoX.png

#18 tamper2

tamper2

GMC Member

• 369 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 03:41 PM

I really like this game ::lmao::
I've seen it earlier in closed beta, and it was not as good as now :)
The graphics now are much better, and it's fun to play with ACTUAL MUSIC! :P
Good thing the game finally came public... it's about time.

Tamper :)

#19 Watzels

Watzels

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 601 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 06:25 AM

Okay, so when you die you loose all items....what if you got rly rare stuff with you?
Sure, its okay if u only got berries or random loot with ya, but once you get something rly nice and THEN die you'll bite your @ss :/

Argh, why not store your rare items in the chest? Or if your chest gets to full, use the bank.

You do realise that you get to KEEP what you are wearing?

Also, most online rpgs you lose all your items when you die. And some you dont get to keep what you are wearing either. For example, the ever popular (cof) runescape, when you die you lose ALL ITEMS EXCEPT 3 (or 4 if you cast a spell). That includes what you are wearing.
Also, if you have a "rare" item, would it not be smart to save some food for the trip home? Dont use all your food up fighting then on your trip home die!

Its all about strategy.

#20 AvengedAngel

AvengedAngel

GMC Member

• 163 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 07:02 AM

Argh, why not store your rare items in the chest? Or if your chest gets to full, use the bank.

You do realise that you get to KEEP what you are wearing?

Also, most online rpgs you lose all your items when you die. And some you dont get to keep what you are wearing either. For example, the ever popular (cof) runescape, when you die you lose ALL ITEMS EXCEPT 3 (or 4 if you cast a spell). That includes what you are wearing.
Also, if you have a "rare" item, would it not be smart to save some food for the trip home? Dont use all your food up fighting then on your trip home die!

Its all about strategy.

World of Warcraft lets you keep all your items but you have to run back to find your body to rez(with some -equipment durability) or rez there but lose power for 10 In game minutes which i think is a better way then losing all your items.

#21 Watzels

Watzels

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 601 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 07:20 AM

So there is no punishment at all for dying???

World of whatcraft?

#22 AvengedAngel

AvengedAngel

GMC Member

• 163 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 07:28 AM

World of whatcraft?

Yeah there is you have to pay to repair your equipment also you have to play for 10 mins at 50% power(which is really hard :/ )

and World of Warcraft is the biggest mmo known to man(10 million+ users)

Edited by AvengedAngel, 05 February 2010 - 07:28 AM.

#23 Watzels

Watzels

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 601 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 07:52 AM

World of whatcraft?

Yeah there is you have to pay to repair your equipment also you have to play for 10 mins at 50% power(which is really hard :/ )

I dont think you understood. I know what it is. It did just copy another game.

So what happens to any food you are carrying?

Also, id prefer to lose my berries then to play at 50% for 10 mins. Which would you prefer?

Oh i forgot... your items dont just disapear, they are dropped on the ground, you have 2 mins to go collect them.

#24 AvengedAngel

AvengedAngel

GMC Member

• 163 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 08:33 AM

World of whatcraft?

I dont think you understood. I know what it is. It did just copy another game.

So what happens to any food you are carrying?

Also, id prefer to lose my berries then to play at 50% for 10 mins. Which would you prefer?

Oh i forgot... your items dont just disapear, they are dropped on the ground, you have 2 mins to go collect them.

i'd rather play at 50% then lose all my rare items

Also another suggest: why do items now stack? like at all?

#25 pk_3270

pk_3270

GMC Member

• 15 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 10:51 AM

6/10 cute game....Lot of improvements can be done...

#26 theweirdn8

theweirdn8

Unrivaled Legend

• GMC Member
  • 4108 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 05 February 2010 - 01:41 PM

the game is really smooth. IDK, but something about typing in the chat feels weird. Also, I suggest you improve the battle system greatly, dying is not fun. Also, especially at such a low level. Get us hooked, then make it harder!(as in beyound level 15)

[My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard]

2h2fg3c.png

#27 Watzels

Watzels

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 601 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 04:19 AM

In what way is typing in the chat weird? It feels perfectly normal to me :S

#28 theweirdn8

theweirdn8

Unrivaled Legend

• GMC Member
  • 4108 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 02:16 PM

It just feels weird to me. Also, you should save make bigger updates, not daily micro-updates. LOL, I am not made of a money for a fast-downloader

2h2fg3c.png

#29 Watzels

Watzels

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 601 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 02:52 PM

If there was a small update it would be because of a bug that required immediate attention.

#30 linx137520

linx137520

Graphics Designer

• 1284 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 03:13 PM

http://www.arcaneadventures.co.cc/
Link to the ArAd site (with forums!). The site is undergoing changes, so please bear with us :GM074:.
Edit: I highly suggest you check out the development forum if you want to suggest some changes :D

Edited by linx137520, 06 February 2010 - 03:15 PM.

Posted ImageLinx~

#31 Watzels

Watzels

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 601 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 08:45 AM

There appears to be a bug. Nothing major. Just that the attack points do not show correctly... they show 1 instead of the actual attack points :S

#32 theweirdn8

theweirdn8

Unrivaled Legend

• GMC Member
  • 4108 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 07:49 PM

can you make a rez house on the island the pirate takes us to. Think like Pokemon did when they had the pokemon centers.

2h2fg3c.png

#33 lasttea999

lasttea999

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 290 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 11:32 PM

I LIKE this game! Two issues:

1) It's kinda generic. That's not really a problem, though.
2) I don't quite like the graphics. Perhaps some major pixelling is in order?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#34 Batch

Batch

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 728 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 03:22 AM

As I understand it, many of the graphics here are replaceable subs. Although many of them are done very well, some of the scenery still needs to be finished. Some more scenery that you currently see will be updated whether you notice the change or not. It is planned to fix most of the bigger scenery, then the rest, then add more if possible.

The graphics are also a cartoon style if you haven't noticed yet. Everything has a black outline (or should have one) and uses major contrast between two shades of a color to produce "shading", instead of "pillow" shading or "dithering" or "gradients".
The only things with an exception to this is effects. Such as spells or decorations (a flame/smoke).

-CubinJ
~spriter / programer for free~
You may have known me in my past life as CubinJ...

#35 lasttea999

lasttea999

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 290 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 04:12 AM

As I understand it, many of the graphics here are replaceable subs. Although many of them are done very well, some of the scenery still needs to be finished. Some more scenery that you currently see will be updated whether you notice the change or not. It is planned to fix most of the bigger scenery, then the rest, then add more if possible.

The graphics are also a cartoon style if you haven't noticed yet. Everything has a black outline (or should have one) and uses major contrast between two shades of a color to produce "shading", instead of "pillow" shading or "dithering" or "gradients".
The only things with an exception to this is effects. Such as spells or decorations (a flame/smoke).

-CubinJ

I see. Well done.

After further consideration, I think this game also depends too heavily on grinding. I spent a couple of hours on it, and I still did not feel like I was doing too well against enemies. It's difficult!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#36 sasracer

sasracer

GMC Member

• 499 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 05:24 AM

Very nice. Has lots of longetivity. I could play for hours trying to get my fishing a cuisine skills up. The quests add some nice spice too. I saw a couple people complain about how hard the game is. I actually think its kinda easy :). Course, I know a big secret to playing well. Anyhow, thanks for the awesome online game. Good luck with future stuff.

Also, how do you get recipies?

#37 linx137520

linx137520

Graphics Designer

• 1284 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 05:30 AM

Very nice. Has lots of longetivity. I could play for hours trying to get my fishing a cuisine skills up. The quests add some nice spice too. I saw a couple people complain about how hard the game is. I actually think its kinda easy B-). Course, I know a big secret to playing well. Anyhow, thanks for the awesome online game. Good luck with future stuff.

Also, how do you get recipies?

The new release shall feature things like recipes and potion making, it should come very soon :) (Im going to estimate anywhere from 3days-7days)
Posted ImageLinx~

#38 Watzels

Watzels

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 601 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 06:52 AM

After further consideration, I think this game also depends too heavily on grinding. I spent a couple of hours on it, and I still did not feel like I was doing too well against enemies. It's difficult!

It is a little grinding, but the quests help mix things up a bit.

If anyone has ideas for new quests please feel free to fire away.

Also, the secrete to making things easy for yourself when killing enemies, is search around a bit for an area that has both food and enemies. Just to the right of sebseb(starting town) is a place with easy enemies and berries. Or if you go left and to the second cave there is rats and mushrooms(lvl 3 cuisine req). Also, if you are low lvl then do not attempt to take on harder enemies (you will fail). Stick with white rats, rats, chickens until you get some lvls and attempt a harder enemy such as a skeleton(if you lose hp fast get more lvls in endurance and buy some armour). If you need money then a simple way is to pick mushrooms and sell them. Just get enough money for a half decent weapon and iron armour. Hopefully by that stage you can take on the skeletons and get sticks and bronze helm drops and make money by selling them.

So yes, it is a little grinding, but with quests to do it becomes quite fun, so like i said, any ideas for quests and they will defiantly be taken into consideration to be added in time for the next update :)

@ sasracer
Currently the only working recipe is combining flour with water to make bread. Well, at least the only one ive found.

#39 BlaXun

BlaXun

Slime Online Creator

• GMC Member
  • 2750 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 01:41 PM

It is a little grinding, but the quests help mix things up a bit.

If anyone has ideas for new quests please feel free to fire away.

Also, the secrete to making things easy for yourself when killing enemies, is search around a bit for an area that has both food and enemies. Just to the right of sebseb(starting town) is a place with easy enemies and berries. Or if you go left and to the second cave there is rats and mushrooms(lvl 3 cuisine req). Also, if you are low lvl then do not attempt to take on harder enemies (you will fail). Stick with white rats, rats, chickens until you get some lvls and attempt a harder enemy such as a skeleton(if you lose hp fast get more lvls in endurance and buy some armour). If you need money then a simple way is to pick mushrooms and sell them. Just get enough money for a half decent weapon and iron armour. Hopefully by that stage you can take on the skeletons and get sticks and bronze helm drops and make money by selling them.

So yes, it is a little grinding, but with quests to do it becomes quite fun, so like i said, any ideas for quests and they will defiantly be taken into consideration to be added in time for the next update :)

@ sasracer
Currently the only working recipe is combining flour with water to make bread. Well, at least the only one ive found.

You gave a solution for every porblem (Die fast = get endurance, enemy to strong = get str for new weapon, ...) but is it even possible to have different "builts" ?
What about people that want to be a "tank" or those that just want to be extremely strong?

I'd alos love to see dual weilding weapons (two daggers) and stats like AGI affecting your attack speed!

iBNKRoX.png

#40 Watzels

Watzels

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 601 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 11:22 PM

You gave a solution for every porblem (Die fast = get endurance, enemy to strong = get str for new weapon, ...) but is it even possible to have different "builts" ?
What about people that want to be a "tank" or those that just want to be extremely strong?

I'd alos love to see dual weilding weapons (two daggers) and stats like AGI affecting your attack speed!

I mentioned str? (reads post twice) No, im pretty sure i said nothing about str. Perhaphs you misread what i said? Also... i wouldnt call it a solution... id call it advice.

What i mean is that if you lose health fast aka get hit alot with 2-3 then you need more endurance. With a bit over 10 endurance and full iron the skeletons do hardly any damage to you.

And of course you can have 2 different builds, but of course there will be advantages and disadvantages to doing it that way, and even for doing it balanced. You cant expect to not take on alot of damage if you put all your stats in str. I got to lvl 25 str before i started putting stats into other skills so yes its possible (but having 1 endurance and 10 hitpoints meant i could only kill rats).

You do also realise that more str = more damage. It effect the maximum amount of damage you can cause.

And also, you want to be able to swing a weapon faster? Put more stats into dex. Dex makes you swing faster and more accurate.

You should go speak with tolsnar in the building furtherest to right in sebseb (first town), he explains all the skills for you.

2 weapons, interesting.

#41 Seach

Seach

GMC Member

• 208 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 09:42 AM

Why can't you drop your items? I find myself running around with half my backpack full with rotten berries, which I can't eat nor drop.

Also the server is offline :)

//Seach
I'm not a werewolf. I hope that'll resolve a lot.

#42 Jizeri

Jizeri

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 359 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 11:14 AM

What the ****? My Norton said that the game file is dangerous. I got a virus from it, but good that Norton deleted it.
Visit my logo -, banner - and button shop!

#43 NamelessHero

NamelessHero

GMC Member

• 209 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 12:42 PM

Guys chill. Server's down because(i suppose) Murzka is updating the game. There is no virus, I have the game currently on my pc and I have played it more than 100 times... my PC's ok, the "virus" is probably the Anti-decompilator or smth

To drop items hold shift and left-click
Current Project: Time Loss
~30% done (engine 100%, graphics 30%, 8% level design, 8% story, 5% sound)

Main programmer of NamelessGames Ltd.

#44 Seach

Seach

GMC Member

• 208 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 11:15 AM

So thats how you do it?
Thank god!

#45 Watzels

Watzels

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 601 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 11:30 AM

What the ****? My Norton said that the game file is dangerous. I got a virus from it, but good that Norton deleted it.

HAHA. There is no virus in it. Its just norton being over protective like it is. Do not fear. The game has various dlls in it that get spat out here and there. Some antivirus programs go "A file came out of another file.. must be a virus".

I would assume you have that problem with alot of gm games... well gm games that use the anti-decompiller at least.

And yes the server is down, as im sure you have already worked out. Murska could not leave the server running while he is away but it will be back online soon.
Dont download until the server comes back online, unless you want to have a look at the log in screen :S

#46 Murska

Murska

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 323 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:27 AM

I'm sorry, something had happened to the server while I was off to a trip. Now the server is back online.

The warning your virus scanner gives is probably a false positive. Many people have played the game without problems.

flow_banner.png

#47 Krisando

Krisando

GMC Member

• 1351 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 04:18 AM

Mhm, is the protection on the game. Also in windows 7 when you close the game it shows an error message, and sometimes I get a VC++ error message. I should read it. Sometimes it pops up telling me the program failed to return 1 in main, making it seem as if the program crashed or un-expectedly ended.

Posted Image

#48 theweirdn8

theweirdn8

Unrivaled Legend

• GMC Member
  • 4108 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 05:48 AM

this game is totally epic. The updater rocks, also, the quests actually are interesting at times.

2h2fg3c.png

#49 Tzunami

Tzunami

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 368 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 02:49 AM

This has to be one of the best games I have seen on gamemaker... There are a lot of Runescape inspired ideas here, but they are refined in an individual way. I love it. Although I'm not a fan of Rpgs, it was actually really fun. Finding another player online was also surprising, I have not played a gamemaker game with online function with more than one person online before.

10/10

Regards, Tzunami
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.

#50 Seach

Seach

GMC Member

• 208 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 11:02 AM

So I just wanted to download the game on another computer. I download the downloader (Weird) and found out that I could not download one of the sounds. Since it couldn't move forward, the executable wasn't downloaded either. So I thought I come in here and download the exe alone, but that link is broken.

What do I do? Besides cry?