• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#31 Kolink

Kolink

Almighty Shinx

• GMC Member
  • 2351 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 11:51 PM

I'm afraid your post isn't helpful. Was it the download? The extract? The installation of the extension? What??

#32 Masterjohn74

Masterjohn74

GMC Member

• 358 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 11:57 PM

it was the extension part of the dowload

#33 Masterjohn74

Masterjohn74

GMC Member

• 358 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 11:59 PM

the .gex file

#34 Kolink

Kolink

Almighty Shinx

• GMC Member
  • 2351 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 12:00 AM

Okay, let me put it as simply as I can.

It is working on my computer, and it has worked with other people too.
It is not working for you, therefore there must be something different about your computer.
What might that be?

#35 Masterjohn74

Masterjohn74

GMC Member

• 358 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 12:04 AM

i dont know its ok u dont have to worry about it my computer is probably screwed up :lol:

#36 kylemason01

kylemason01

GMC Member

• 1 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:27 AM

hey i downloaded the file and started to use the extension, my question is when you call a speech box, how do you set it so the next speech box will appear after the first has closed? You see im making a TLOZ game and zelda is talking, but then link talks over the top of her and i dont want that. I want it to be set so that when zelda is finished speaking then link will speak, how do u set this up using ur ext.

#37 Bytewin

Bytewin

GMC Member

• 92 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:37 AM

I don't know if the creator is active or whatnot. But I support this extension's awesomeness, because it has greatly helped me.

#38 Silver Scratch

Silver Scratch

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 166 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:55 AM

Wow! All i need for mah game! (still haven't downloaded since cellphone memory full Lol!) Ill download tomorrow! Can you put an image? Please? Thanks!

#39 Caliginous

Caliginous

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:40 AM

THANK YOU I LOVE IT!

#40 Monstr Gaming

Monstr Gaming

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 372 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:11 PM

can you please add a function that tells you if there is no speech happening.
This is so I can get a sequence of various dialogues without glitches.

EDIT: I'm using this in my game now. But will be hard to finish it without a function that does this. :(

Edited by Monstr Gaming, 11 April 2012 - 04:17 PM.

#41 Bytewin

Bytewin

GMC Member

• 92 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:59 PM

EDIT: I'm using this in my game now. But will be hard to finish it without a function that does this. :(

Just check using variables? Just a quick fix since this topic seems abandoned.

#42 Monstr Gaming

Monstr Gaming

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 372 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:24 AM

Do you mean using if CS_show because i didn't think that would work
Please tell me. I am a noob :yes:

#43 Bytewin

Bytewin

GMC Member

• 92 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:42 PM

I just meant- every time a dialog box opens, set speech (or your own variable) to 1 or "yes". Then when the box closes (where it says to put the ending code)- make speech 0 or "no". Make it so that while speech=1 nothing happens if you try to open a new dialog. It should work.
And look at my posts. You've been here way longer!

#44 Monstr Gaming

Monstr Gaming

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 372 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:42 AM

I just meant- every time a dialog box opens, set speech (or your own variable) to 1 or "yes". Then when the box closes (where it says to put the ending code)- make speech 0 or "no". Make it so that while speech=1 nothing happens if you try to open a new dialog. It should work.
And look at my posts. You've been here way longer!

Ohhh... So is that CS_endcode cuz I was wondering what that meant XD

#45 _260086

_260086

GMC Member

• 6 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:49 PM

The "execute code at end of text box" action wont work for me, I can enter GML but when I then hover over the action it just says "Execute code: 0" any ideas how to fix this?

#46 Bytewin

Bytewin

GMC Member

• 92 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:59 PM

The "execute code at end of text box" action wont work for me, I can enter GML but when I then hover over the action it just says "Execute code: 0" any ideas how to fix this?

Try the example that comes with the .gex. If that works, you should export the resources then import them into your game, and see how that works out.

#47 _260086

_260086

GMC Member

• 6 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:46 PM

Try the example that comes with the .gex. If that works, you should export the resources then import them into your game, and see how that works out.

already did, it didn't work in the example either, thats why i assumed it was a problem with the actual extension
and im kinda a noob when it comes to gml or i would just put it into a regular 'execute code'

do you have any idea how i would code that btw?

Edited by _260086, 13 April 2012 - 08:48 PM.

#48 Bytewin

Bytewin

GMC Member

• 92 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:55 PM

already did, it didn't work in the example either, thats why i assumed it was a problem with the actual extension
and im kinda a noob when it comes to gml or i would just put it into a regular 'execute code'

Hmm... Either the downloaded .gex is corrupted, your gamemaker is incomplete (some files missing, gamemaker can still run but not execute code depending on what folder you have or don't have), or your computer's at fault.
And I haven't coded with this extensions, I've only tried the drag n drop.

#49 _260086

_260086

GMC Member

• 6 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:01 PM

Hmm... Either the downloaded .gex is corrupted, your gamemaker is incomplete (some files missing, gamemaker can still run but not execute code depending on what folder you have or don't have), or your computer's at fault.
And I haven't coded with this extensions, I've only tried the drag n drop.

well regular 'execute code' works fine, so that should rule out it being a program or computer problem, right?
and there is a download for the gml version, i just understand it all that much :')

#50 Bytewin

Bytewin

GMC Member

• 92 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:16 AM

I'm stumped. There doesn't seem to be anyone else that;s had your problem. Maybe reinstalling the extension or gamemaker :unsure: .

#51 _260086

_260086

GMC Member

• 6 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:24 PM

I'm stumped. There doesn't seem to be anyone else that;s had your problem. Maybe reinstalling the extension or gamemaker :unsure: .

already did both :( it just doesnt want to work for me

#52 _260086

_260086

GMC Member

• 6 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:30 PM

already did both :( it just doesnt want to work for me

do you know how to remove the extension completely?

#53 Monstr Gaming

Monstr Gaming

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 372 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:19 AM

This is happening to me :(

#54 _260086

_260086

GMC Member

• 6 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:21 PM

This is happening to me :(

could you tell me if you find a solution please? thanks

#55 Monstr Gaming

Monstr Gaming

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 372 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:39 PM

I'll probably find a different extension. This is getting steadily worse

#56 Sasino97

Sasino97

GMC Member

• 35 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:07 AM

Is it possible to use two characters instead of one a s "Block delimiter"???

Edited by Sasino97, 06 May 2012 - 08:08 AM.

#57 Alamantus

Alamantus

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:10 PM

I know this is long dead, but the extension doesn't seem to work in GM Studio. I get this error when trying to run the example with the GEX installed:
"In object object0, event Alarm 0, action 1: Unexpected symbol in expression."
The "expression" in action 1 is the Set Block Delimiter. I even changed it from the example's original delimiter, but to no avail. And deleting the step just produces a blank screen with no text.

Just thought I'd let anyone know in case someone stumbles upon this with GM Studio.

I have tried it in GM 7 Pro, and can confirm that the GEX does work on that, so that's good at least. :)/>

Edited by Alamantus, 12 February 2013 - 05:10 PM.

#58 Myster

Myster

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:37 AM

I don't know if you've been working on updates to this package, but it would be great if you could add a GML command to change the depth of the object which is created when the speechbox appears. You see I use a lot of foreground effects/images but these often get in the way of the speechbox! :(
I assume that's how addon works, everytime a speech box is 'spoken' or drawn to the screen your script creates a new object and then this object performs the draw action, or something along those lines.
Please add a depth control to this addon, so that I can set the depth to a custom depth set by me (and not the default depth of 0 when the object is created).
Currently this script is greatly hindered and is completely unusable in some instances!

#59 dynamictoys

dynamictoys

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 12 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:32 PM

Hi,

I try to use this extension but it seem do not work in my test program. I use Gamemaker Master V1.1.867

I put in the following code at initial of one object and this object will be called in the room.

CS_init(back_text,back_text,font_speech,c_black,c_white,vk_left)
var text = "hello, this is a test"
var str = CS_show(text,-1,-1,10,50,0)

What is the meaning of vk key? Is that mean user need to press that key before the text show up?

Thanks!

#60 Nediradesigns

Nediradesigns

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 93 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:56 PM

thanks for this :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users