• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Dylijn

Dylijn

GMC Member

• 553 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 03:00 PM

Posted Image

My upcoming game Warverse's engine is complete now.

All thats left are ideas,

Its a space strategy where you have to defend your planet and destroy the enemy's one.

I still dont now what resources I should use, because its in space you cant just pick a resource used on earth...
I also need unit ideas, different units etc and ways to protect your planet from exploding.

Currently I use crystal as a base resource in game.
Sorts of units already ingame:

- Gatherer, gathers resources...
- Scout, this unit is fast but has less armor and does little damage
- Space Nuke, Nuke missile launched directly at the enemy's planet, fast once launched and does heavy damage.
- Shield, protects the planet.

As you can see I need more unit ideas.

Another idea of mine is that you can defend your planet with turrets or bases that circle around the planet attacking incoming enemy's and asteroids.

Achievements

I need many achievements ideas :)

Current achievements that are already ingame:
- Jeweler, collect 10000 crystals (name changes when resource changes)
- Planet Defender, destroy 10 incoming forces within 10 seconds
- Detonater, destroy a planet with a Nuclear Missile.
- Final Nuke, do the final kill with a nuclear missile

Are these some good ones ?
Please help me, these are the major things before I can post a W.i.p
Any other suggestions are appreciated,

Thanks for reading, and or helping me

#2 ND4SPD

ND4SPD

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 2180 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 03:53 AM

I was thinking of making a space RPG. Anyway, my ideas:

-For a resource, just have one. Crystals are fine. Maybe ore? Or rock or some mineral found on the planets around the area. This can be picked up my the Gatherer ships - found in asteroids floating around (have asteroid fields in the game) and on other planets.
-For bases, have socket bases. You start with one planet, which has 4 sockets. You can put upgrade structures, factories, defence structures or mines in the sockets. Once the four sockets are full, you can't build more on that planet. However, some planets have moons which act as another socket. You can take over planets with a Space Station (by moving it onto the planet) - a planet MUST have a Space Station orbiting in order for you to build there.
-For buildings, have them in four categories - factories (these make the units), mines (you got ore from the planet, such as +10 ore each second from each mine), upgrade structures (these research new units, buildings, attacks), defence structures (these are things like turrets and missile sites that defend the planet from attack).
-For units, I'm not really sure. Depends on the tech level - maybe bullets, lasers, missiles, beam weapons, or a combination of these. You need a Space Station and a Gatherer (gets the ore from asteroids and whatnot). Maybe 'hero' units, too? (if you have a story).

#3 razourik

razourik

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1871 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 26 January 2010 - 04:53 PM

Here's my ideas for units and other things, I hope this post isnt too much reading.

Gatherer is a little guy wearing a space suit who has a sort of 2-handed machine that cuts off a small chunk of asteroid (that could be the resource, asteroids) and sucks it into the machine. It does this process rapidly, you dont need to go into that much spriting detail since I bet these guys would be tiny, I just explained so that you knew exactly how :)

Scout is a little guy wearing a space suit and a jetpack who has a pistol-like laser gun. He isnt that fast, you need to spam them to do much damage, they are cheap, (lol tlaking about people being cheap) and personally I think he should be renamed, you don't send lots of scouts into battle lol... So I suggest renaming him Astrosoldier.

Fighter ship is a small ship with a guy in it, a rapid-fire laser gun, and a rocket launcher, its a bit slower but has more health.

Destroyer ship is a large ship that has a rapid-fire rocket launcher and can spawn astrosoldiers if you have the asteroids or whatever lol

Space mine is a spiked mine that sits in space and if an enemy comes by it will rush towards it and explode, causing damage.

Floating turret is a self-controlled robotic turret with a rapid-fire laser gun and it has more health than the fighter ships. It can be moved to different places if you wish but it isnt as versatile as a fighter ship.

To buy structures, ships, etc you need asteroid, (to use to make the ships out of once its refined in factory and stuff, you dont really need to use crystal or ore do ya? o3o) but to get anything that involves a person in it you need to get space fodder points. Space fodder can be odd mutant-like harmless alien creatures that vary in appearance and fly around. To get more space fodder points you kill them and have gatherers gather their corpses. (I know, that sounds hella nasty, but there's not really anything else to eat in space...) Since your troops will have their food teleported into their suits or ships, you will have to replenish your space fodder supply by killing and gathering space fodder every now and then.

Edited by razourik, 26 January 2010 - 05:02 PM.

Posted Image

#4 Dylijn

Dylijn

GMC Member

• 553 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 05:58 PM

Hmm,

I like the ideas and I really like the resource change to Asteroids...

However I think you guys get the game itself wrong,

Its an side version of planetary battle, something like Stick Battles on the YoYo games website if you know it :)

Here's a little screen( Its a test room for planet graphics and effects of space)
Posted Image

The mouse is going to be changed, just a test for the cursor itsel but I REALLY dislike it...
The planet graphics are temporary too, got better ones but they need to be heavily modified cuz gamemaker shows them wrong ;)

Edited by Dylijn, 26 January 2010 - 06:00 PM.

#5 ND4SPD

ND4SPD

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 2180 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 11:11 PM

However I think you guys get the game itself wrong,

Its an side version of planetary battle, something like Stick Battles on the YoYo games website if you know it :)

What does it change if it's side view? I haven't played Stick Battles...maybe you should explain more what you're going for first.

#6 Xalrons444

Xalrons444

GMC Member

• 588 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 02:45 PM

By side view do you mean platformer view like the 2d mario games.

#7 loganGames

loganGames

GMC Member

• 86 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 12:21 AM

I think he means side view as in the really really old fashioned space RTS games, like from DOS and Win95, if you've ever played them.
The Golden Age
working title
Progress
Engine: 10%
Graphics: 10%
Sounds: 0%
Menus: 100%
Gameplay: 10%
Concept: 25%

Overall
8%

#8 Redyoshi

Redyoshi

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 09:28 AM

Looks kinda like Earth vs. Mars to me.

#9 SirCumferance

SirCumferance

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 148 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 06:29 AM

Masters of Orion 2?

You know what would be cool, if the planets have gravity that effects mass weapons, so you have to take that into consideration. Also, if you keep things slow and quiet, like space...