• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1 Sindarin

Sindarin

Indie Game Developer

• 1644 posts
  • Version:GM:HTML5

Posted 09 January 2010 - 02:15 AM

Not supported anymore, please use a more cross-platform extension instead.

Edited by Sindarin, 19 April 2012 - 06:31 PM.

GM 8.1 / GM:HTML5 User

#2 Sindarin

Sindarin

Indie Game Developer

• 1644 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 12:42 PM

Updated the dll to version 1.2 with functions to fade volume, pitch, pan.
Ability to set and get the position and length.
Check if playing, paused, stop, looping.
(Also changed the name to Sin Bass, because I might port other sound systems in the future)

Edited by Sindarin, 12 January 2010 - 01:32 PM.

#3 Pallas

Pallas

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 94 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 10:58 AM

Excellent work, Sindarin! I was looking for a while for a clean, simple-to-use audio engine to play my .OGG files (without getting errors on game end) and this fits exactly. I'm impressed by the number of functions while it remains easy to understand.
Just great; I'll be using it. :(
Ninjamboree, my YoYo Games competition #03 entry!
See:
GMC Ninjamboree Topic
Play and vote:
Ninjamboree on YoYo Games (Instant Play and Download)

#4 Mock

Mock

GMC Member

• 17 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 04:17 PM

Verry good work :(
.ogg rulez

#5 scream681

scream681

Nick Larin

• 1152 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 01:32 PM

Very good DLL mate. I'm using it in a new game im working on. Simple and usefull.

One feature I would suggest, since you have fadeout, you could make a fadein feature aswell.

Posted Image

#6 Tuz

Tuz

GMC Member

• 106 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 01:41 PM

One feature I would suggest, since you have fadeout, you could make a fadein feature aswell.

Isn't there already?

+ Fade in/out volume, pitch, pan easily

#7 scream681

scream681

Nick Larin

• 1152 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 12:46 PM

Hmm, I remember searching for fade in and not finding the script. I'll check again.

Posted Image

#8 Sindarin

Sindarin

Indie Game Developer

• 1644 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 05:12 PM

Excellent work, Sindarin! I was looking for a while for a clean, simple-to-use audio engine to play my .OGG files (without getting errors on game end) and this fits exactly. I'm impressed by the number of functions while it remains easy to understand.

Verry good work :P
.ogg rulez

Very good DLL mate. I'm using it in a new game im working on. Simple and usefull.

Glad you all like it. :blink:

Hmm, I remember searching for fade in and not finding the script. I'll check again.

you can use sinBassFadeVolume to do either fade in or fade out,

sinBassFadeVolume uses 3 arguments (sound id, amount to fade to, time in milliseconds)
e.g. use sinBassFadeVolume(global.mysound_id,0,3000); to fade out and sinBassFadeVolume(global.mysound_id,1,3000); to fade in.
Same with the sinBassFadePan and sinBassFadePitch functions.

#9 scream681

scream681

Nick Larin

• 1152 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 06:37 PM

Oh yeah I got GM 7 so I couldn't check the example, so I was guessing things through. Its still pretty easy, good work :P .

Posted Image

#10 Graviton Software

Graviton Software

GMC Member

• 55 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 08:31 PM

how do i get this in GM 7

Also would mind a simple text file listing the commands at least.
I realy need this as supersound gives an error after i close my game.
Any help would be greatly apreciated.

#11 Sindarin

Sindarin

Indie Game Developer

• 1644 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 08:00 AM

At the moment the gmk is GM8 only, you can import the gml scripts in your GM7 project though.

#12 Graviton Software

Graviton Software

GMC Member

• 55 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 04:33 PM

At the moment the gmk is GM8 only, you can import the gml scripts in your GM7 project though.

Um im a semi-noob wen it comes to using dlls could you explain how to use it /codes ? Also i managed to import the scripts into gm7pro and now im stuck, i just need few simple codes to explain were n how to um, start and exit bass in my game and all i want to do is play a level track .ogg and stop it. please help.

Edited by Graviton Software, 18 March 2010 - 04:45 PM.

#13 scream681

scream681

Nick Larin

• 1152 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 02:57 PM

I finally posted a demo of the game where I'm using your dll, thanks again, it works perfectly.

http://gmc.yoyogames...howtopic=469455

Posted Image

#14 Brasonic

Brasonic

GMC Member

• 15 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 01:14 PM

which software do you use to convert WAV/MP3 to OGG? I tried the free converter SUPER, but the bass.dll doesn't play my files :medieval:

#15 scream681

scream681

Nick Larin

• 1152 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 03:39 PM

Audacity is all you need. Its the best freeware tool for audio.

Sindarin, someone reported a problem with your dll on one of his machines, you should check it out.

I asked him to test your example aswel, to make sure its not my code fault:

I tested the sin-bass example, it loads the DLL perfectly, it just can't define the function thingies from the DLL :/
Weird, this only happens with this DLL, as I can define stuff from 39DLL...

Posted Image

#16 Sindarin

Sindarin

Indie Game Developer

• 1644 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 08:52 AM

I finally posted a demo of the game where I'm using your dll, thanks again, it works perfectly.

No problem. Glad it worked out for you. :D Game plays nice too.

Sindarin, someone reported a problem with your dll on one of his machines, you should check it out.

I've noticed over time that some dlls may be not loaded correctly in some cases through Game Maker. There are cases that loading the dll through the external functions does not work (does not generate an error either) but loading the dll from an extension works all the time flawlessly. That might be the problem. My DLL is compiled as release so no other special library is required except bass.dll
Might try to compile with some other compiler in the next version.

Edited by Sindarin, 11 April 2010 - 08:56 AM.

#17 Marchal_Mig12

Marchal_Mig12

The Rhouan

• GMC Member
  • 1182 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 11 April 2010 - 04:49 PM

I am not very skilled with the audio part of a game. However, although this dll looks nice, how can I make possible to play 4 times the same sound effect without starting it over again. I want them to play idependently... Will I need to load them 20 times on a different variable to make sure my explosions will be able to stack? If it cannot do this, GM's still superior for playing sfx. But anyways, good job!

#18 PrimuS

PrimuS

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 103 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 11 April 2010 - 04:55 PM

If i know right, Bass can play module music. Can you add its support, please?

#19 Sindarin

Sindarin

Indie Game Developer

• 1644 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 03:19 AM

I am not very skilled with the audio part of a game. However, although this dll looks nice, how can I make possible to play 4 times the same sound effect without starting it over again. I want them to play idependently... Will I need to load them 20 times on a different variable to make sure my explosions will be able to stack? If it cannot do this, GM's still superior for playing sfx. But anyways, good job!

Yes, you are correct about that. Never really noticed it cause I was using the dll for music myself. Bass has streams and samples. I used streams which are intended for music. I am guessing samples are for sound effects. I'll add it in the next version.

If i know right, Bass can play module music. Can you add its support, please?

I was primarily going for OGG support. MOD playback wasn't really useful for me so I didn't include it. I may add it in later version.

Edited by Sindarin, 12 April 2010 - 03:22 AM.

#20 PrimuS

PrimuS

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 103 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 12 April 2010 - 10:08 AM

Good job anyway.

#21 Sindarin

Sindarin

Indie Game Developer

• 1644 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 11:11 AM

how can I make possible to play 4 times the same sound effect without starting it over again. I want them to play idependently...

Updated the DLL to version 1.3, now the DLL uses 2 sound types. Streams for music and Samples for sound effects.
More than 1 of the same sound effect can be played simultaneously with no problems.

Good job anyway.

Thanks.

Edited by Sindarin, 12 April 2010 - 11:23 AM.

#22 Marchal_Mig12

Marchal_Mig12

The Rhouan

• GMC Member
  • 1182 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 11:58 AM

how can I make possible to play 4 times the same sound effect without starting it over again. I want them to play idependently...

Updated the DLL to version 1.3, now the DLL uses 2 sound types. Streams for music and Samples for sound effects.
More than 1 of the same sound effect can be played simultaneously with no problems.

Good job anyway.

Thanks.

Great news! I will definetely use this. The other bass dll does not allow that. Nice job for this nice little update. I'll be looking forward for more updates. What are you planning next?

#23 Sindarin

Sindarin

Indie Game Developer

• 1644 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 12:44 PM

Most likely Mod support.

#24 scream681

scream681

Nick Larin

• 1152 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 02:18 AM

Nice update, I'll probably use sound effects that need pitch with this, thanks.

I'm having some issues, Im not sure if its the DLL or my code, or GM, but I can't seem to work around it completely. Sometimes the position checking is wrong (maybe its because gm is restricted to checking it once per frame), I'll check it some more and let you know.

Posted Image

#25 scream681

scream681

Nick Larin

• 1152 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 04:44 PM

Ok i gave it some really extensive testing yesterday, the problem seems to be some sort of random glitch. I replaced all music files with very short sound effects (like 2 second each) and watched if the music will get messed.

Here is the code I use in the "music system" object:

CREATION EVENT
atmo = 0;
ambientlength = sinBassStreamGetLength(global.m_ambient);
atmolength = sinBassStreamGetLength(global.m_atmo);
amusic = global.m_ambient;
sinBassStreamPlay(amusic);

delay = 0;

STEP EVENT

if global.combat = 0
{
if delay > 0
delay -= 1;
}
else
delay = 90;

if atmo = 1
if sinBassStreamGetPosition(global.m_atmo) = atmolength
{
amusic = global.m_ambient;
atmo = 0;
}

if atmo = 0
if sinBassStreamGetPosition(global.m_ambient) = ambientlength
{
amusic = global.m_atmo;
atmo = 1;
}

if delay < 1
{

if sinBassStreamIsPlaying(amusic) = 0 
{
sinBassStreamFadeVolume(global.m_combat,0,1000);
sinBassStreamSetVolume(global.m_ambient,1);
sinBassStreamSetVolume(global.m_atmo,1);
sinBassStreamPlay(global.m_combatend);
sinBassStreamResume(amusic);
}
}
else
if sinBassStreamIsPlaying(global.m_combat) = 0 
{
sinBassStreamFadeVolume(global.m_ambient,0,1000);
sinBassStreamFadeVolume(global.m_atmo,0,1000);
sinBassStreamSetVolume(global.m_combat,1);
sinBassStreamLoop(global.m_combat);
}

if sinBassStreamGetVolume(global.m_combat) = 0 sinBassStreamStop(global.m_combat);
if sinBassStreamGetVolume(global.m_ambient) = 0 sinBassStreamPause(global.m_ambient);
if sinBassStreamGetVolume(global.m_atmo) = 0 sinBassStreamPause(global.m_atmo);

It works fine most of the time, playing the ambient music and atmopsphere one and switching to combat music when you enter combat, and playing combat end when combat ends. However at some random points when the ambient music or atmosphere music ends, it plays the combat end theme for some reason, I tried just sitting still nto entering combat, it care it was my code, but its still does it.

I'm cant be 100% sure how the dll works, so I'm posting this, maybe you could point me the problem.

Thanks in advance, Nick.

Edited by scream681, 13 April 2010 - 04:45 PM.

Posted Image

#26 Sindarin

Sindarin

Indie Game Developer

• 1644 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 09:46 AM

However at some random points when the ambient music or atmosphere music ends, it plays the combat end theme for some reason

Haven't tried your code yet, but I believe it has to do something with Volume. When the volume goes below 0 it goes back to the max. Try checking for if(sinBassStreamGetVolume(global.m_combat) < 0.1) instead. See if this helps. Maybe I'll hard code volume checking in the DLL later.

I am currently checking to see if there's any problem with the getting/setting the stream position. One remark, if you wish to proceed to the end of the file, you must do

position=sinBassStreamGetLength(global.m_ambient); //get the total length
sinBassStreamSetPosition(global.m_ambient,position-1); //set the position at the end

the position-1 is required to go at the end of the sound, otherwise you will get error 7 (BASS_ERROR_POSITION)
again maybe this also needs a hard coded check.

Maybe,

if (sinBassStreamGetPosition(global.m_atmo) == atmolength)

could be

if (sinBassStreamGetPosition(global.m_atmo) == atmolength-1)

as well?

Finally, check for error codes after each of your functions, if sinBassErrorGetCode() reports 0, everything is okay, if not, something went wrong.

Edited by Sindarin, 22 April 2010 - 10:12 AM.

#27 scream681

scream681

Nick Larin

• 1152 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 08:17 AM

I think I managed to go around this by changing some of the if arguments. Thanks for your help though, this dll works like a charm. I'll be checking for updates.

Geia xara!

Edited by scream681, 24 April 2010 - 08:18 AM.

Posted Image

#28 Pete W

Pete W

GMC Member

• 92 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 02:18 PM

Hello! Great DLL, I've found it very useful since otherssuch as supersound won't work properly with game saving. Are you adding support for sinBassSampleIsPlaying() ?

#29 Sindarin

Sindarin

Indie Game Developer

• 1644 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:34 PM

I think I managed to go around this by changing some of the if arguments. Thanks for your help though, this dll works like a charm. I'll be checking for updates.

Geia xara!

Glad it worked out for you! Geia kai se sena! :blink:

Are you adding support for sinBassSampleIsPlaying() ?

Possibly yes.

Edited by Sindarin, 03 May 2010 - 07:36 PM.

#30 DaveC

DaveC

GMC Member

• 2 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 06:41 PM

Hi

How can I translate the position expressed in bytes into time (or even better a musical value for position)?

It would be great if I could synchronise tracks that way and layer them (e.g. trigger and add a combat layer to the more general background theme). I was thinking I could somehow get the background music's position and then have the additional layer come in at the next sensible musical position (e.g. the beginning of the next measue). Is that possible?

Right now I don't quite understand what good knowing the position in bytes is, other than to know where to resume an interrupted track.

Thanks for sinBass and thanks for any hints as to how achieve this.

#31 michael14721

michael14721

GMC Member

• 222 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 07:34 PM

Whats the difference between sample and stream?..
Don't worry, the zombies are looking for brains, you're safe..

#32 FmMan3

FmMan3

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 189 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 04:39 AM

While I am always blown away by your DLL's by their ease of use and great functionality I'll admit, in my few weeks experimenting with this and planning to work it into a game I'm making I'm real disapointed in this DLL. It's not its quality, the quality is awesome, only when it decides not to go super weird on me. Now, I can be testing out an app I've made, and despite not changing a thing, from time to time the init and define stop working and always throws out the following:

for object object0:

Error defining an external function.

Note that I've in no way changed any code since I last used it, it just starts doing that at some random given number of runs of my apps, and it's happened with a few projects and I'm thinking of just using a different DLL, which disappoints me even more.
Signatures are nothing but a fad.

#33 Marchal_Mig12

Marchal_Mig12

The Rhouan

• GMC Member
  • 1182 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 05:42 AM

I finally added the dll to my game and I must say it works better than any others. Great job! I don't really see anything else that could be added at this point. Any plans?

#34 Xcure

Xcure

GMC Member

• 44 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 01:56 PM

Good job im using this in my game and it works fantastic :)

#35 DaveC

DaveC

GMC Member

• 2 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 03:40 PM

Hi all,
I'm trying to use sinBass but I get the following error:

"for object bass_control: Error defining an external function." (all sin_bass global variables are -1)

Here's what I did:
It's weird because when I open the sin-bass-example-GM8.gmk, it works perfectly. Then I imported the scripts and I tried to adapt it for my game but it didn't work. So I imported the "room_test" and the object "bass_control" from the example file into my game to find the cause of error. Turns out, this room doesn't work in my game either.

The same happens when I import the resources from another gamemaker file where I experimented with sinBass.

Does anyone have any ideas how to solve this? It's for a student project and GoldMaster is rapidly approaching! I read somewhere something about using sinBass as an extension rather than an external function. how would I do that?

Thanks a lot for any ideas or advice.

david

#36 Glen

Glen

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 841 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 10:03 PM

How does this compare to the FMOD sound system? I'm wondering what the pros and cons are.
Avic Pro (Work in Progress):
Portable media manager. Just pop in your usb drive and use Avic Pro to organize and present all of your media content in categories. On top of that, it makes handling portable games, software, and other utilities a breeze. It allows you to launch just about any of your media content quickly and efficiently from your system tray. No more long paths to finding content.
Savage Defence| Text FX | Ragdoll Axe Engine | Professionalism | Online Games | Game Progression | 3D Game Development | Online Anti-Hack Strategies

#37 sevcik.daniel

sevcik.daniel

GMC Member

• 66 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 10:34 PM

It will be nice to see support for WMA or AAC addons.
Cold Engine Graphs - free graphs system for your games
Cold Engine Console - free debugging console system for your games
Posted Image - upcoming indie game

#38 Shocker51374

Shocker51374

GMC Member

• 27 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 08:25 AM

How can I set pitch of sample to 2x the original pitch? Getting pitch on loading samples, and then setting pitch with SetPitch to floor(argument1*original_pitch) isn't working, it's still the same pitch.

#39 Sindarin

Sindarin

Indie Game Developer

• 1644 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 07:54 PM

Whats the difference between sample and stream?..

A sample is a sound effect.
A stream is a background music track.

While I am always blown away by your DLL's by their ease of use and great functionality I'll admit, in my few weeks experimenting with this and planning to work it into a game I'm making I'm real disapointed in this DLL. It's not its quality, the quality is awesome, only when it decides not to go super weird on me. Now, I can be testing out an app I've made, and despite not changing a thing, from time to time the init and define stop working and always throws out the following:

for object object0:

Error defining an external function.

Note that I've in no way changed any code since I last used it, it just starts doing that at some random given number of runs of my apps, and it's happened with a few projects and I'm thinking of just using a different DLL, which disappoints me even more.

This error has been haunting me for some time. It happens with a lot of DLLs, especially on Vista. I had even created a topic addressing this issue.
I have started using extensions instead of DLLs for some time and now I don't see this issue anymore. Perhaps it is the method Game Maker initializes DLLs? Memory issue? No one can tell for sure.
What I know is that I'll start turning my DLLs to extensions when I get the time.

I finally added the dll to my game and I must say it works better than any others. Great job! I don't really see anything else that could be added at this point. Any plans?

Not any plans to update the DLL at the moment due to me working on my own game projects. Glad you like it.

Good job im using this in my game and it works fantastic

Thank you. :)

Hi all,
I'm trying to use sinBass but I get the following error:

"for object bass_control: Error defining an external function." (all sin_bass global variables are -1)

Here's what I did:
It's weird because when I open the sin-bass-example-GM8.gmk, it works perfectly. Then I imported the scripts and I tried to adapt it for my game but it didn't work. So I imported the "room_test" and the object "bass_control" from the example file into my game to find the cause of error. Turns out, this room doesn't work in my game either.

The same happens when I import the resources from another gamemaker file where I experimented with sinBass.

Does anyone have any ideas how to solve this? It's for a student project and GoldMaster is rapidly approaching! I read somewhere something about using sinBass as an extension rather than an external function. how would I do that?

Thanks a lot for any ideas or advice.

david

I am sorry I wasn't here to help. I am glad to know you pulled this off with Fmod though. ;)

How does this compare to the FMOD sound system? I'm wondering what the pros and cons are.

Without having done any deep research to the Fmod features, I'll say that they are practically the same except for the license. Also I believe Fmod has a mod tracker tool(?) and a file packager. But again I can't say with certainty.
Fmod's license is $ 3,000(!) per game while Bass is about $100 for all commercial games you use it for.(as long as they all sell under 40 euros each)
So Bass has a far better indie license.
Of course both are free for non-commercial games, but if you're going commercial, Bass is the way to go.

It will be nice to see support for WMA or AAC addons.

Might look into those.

Edited by Sindarin, 16 August 2010 - 07:57 PM.

#40 novaz

novaz

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 592 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 05 September 2010 - 07:18 PM

it's a very good dll :)
maybe you can add the function to load the audio from memory. So you dont need
to use a lot of files to load the music, you can use one file to load
the music. There is an example here:
http://www.un4seen.c...m/?topic=3398.0
There is a c++ example and a Delphi example, I tried the code in Delphi
and it works.
The StreamCreateFile function use the first argument to load the audio
from memory, it's a boolean variable, so for exameple:
StreamCreateFile(false,filepnt,0,0, etc..) loads the audio from a file
(filepnt is the pointer to the file),
StreamCreateFile(true,mempnt,0,audiosize, etc..) loads the file
from memory, also you must use the audio size in the argument of the
function.

#41 Shocker51374

Shocker51374

GMC Member

• 27 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 02:18 PM

How can I set pitch of sample to 2x the original pitch? Getting pitch on loading samples, and then setting pitch with SetPitch to floor(argument1*original_pitch) isn't working, it's still the same pitch.

#42 Sindarin

Sindarin

Indie Game Developer

• 1644 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:35 AM

Are you sure you can change the pitch of that particular sound at all? Maybe you need to re-encode it?

I used:
bassSampleSetPitch(global.coincollect_sound, floor(2*bassSampleGetPitch(global.coincollect_sound)));

It worked.

Edited by Sindarin, 09 September 2010 - 10:35 AM.

#43 The eleventh plague of Egypt

The eleventh plague of Egypt

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1045 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 11 October 2010 - 05:33 PM

I was amazed by how easy and intuitive this is to use. Good job, keep it up!

Can I keep the names of my sounds local to the object instead of global?

Does it work with Bass 2.4.6?

Edited by The eleventh plague of Egypt, 11 October 2010 - 06:12 PM.

#44 Sindarin

Sindarin

Indie Game Developer

• 1644 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 04:30 PM

I was amazed by how easy and intuitive this is to use. Good job, keep it up!

Thanks a lot!

Can I keep the names of my sounds local to the object instead of global?

Yes, why not. Except global keeps the sound accessible to other rooms and objects.

Does it work with Bass 2.4.6?

I haven't tested it actually. As long as the bass.dll hasn't changed the function names or other core functionality, it should work.

Edited by Sindarin, 24 October 2010 - 04:31 PM.

#45 dark_master4

dark_master4

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1232 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 05:04 PM

Why didn't you include a document with all the argument descriptions needed?

2nd, is it possible to play a sample, then change its volume and play a new one so that the first one will still be playing with the old volume?

Is it possible to save the instance of the sample that was just played to further change its volume independent from the other instances of that sample playing?

My YoYoGames Marketplace (Has scripts, shaders and poker chips)

GM:Studio
Desktop Intel i5-4440 3.1ghz, 8gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 2gb
Laptop AMD Athlon x64 2.1ghz, 4gb RAM, 256mb shared VRAM

#46 poopoop

poopoop

GMC Member

• 2 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 12:51 AM

yeah it would be GREAT to see some better documentation on how to use the functions; not really sure how to use the GetPosition SetPosition, but like DaveC, I'm trying to sync up notes and events with the stream -- also, using setPosition would allow me to skip ahead 30 seconds both in the room and the track, so I don't have to playtest the WHOLE song to line up the notes at the end.

I suppose I could speed up the tempo with Pitch, and speed up the "notes" scrolling along for a Fast forward effect.

Let me know if you can help, thank you!!!

#47 Rafa-Master

Rafa-Master

GMC Member

• 2 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:41 PM

How do I convert bytes in seconds? I mean in the sinBassStreamGetPosition returns the position but in bytes, i want to convert it in seconds

#48 MasterOfKings

MasterOfKings

The True Master

• GMC Member
  • 4888 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 10 January 2011 - 01:20 PM

Now, this Dll is great. It really helped with my music playlist with volume option. Thanks a lot!

Now, I just wanted to say; I guess there's a good reason why you need both bass.dll and sin-bass.dll? Would it be because you don't have access to the source of bass.dll?

If it is, ignore the following.

---

I just think it would be helpful if you made it into a single dll package; as it would mean only one dll is needed; rather than two.

-MoK

Did I help you? If so, help me by pressing the + button above here.

bannersyd.png

banner22z.png

#49 Rafa-Master

Rafa-Master

GMC Member

• 2 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 07:43 PM

How do I convert bytes in seconds? I mean in the sinBassStreamGetPosition returns the position but in bytes, i want to convert it in seconds

No way then :(?

#50 MasterOfKings

MasterOfKings

The True Master

• GMC Member
  • 4888 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:23 AM

No way then

If you know the actual time length of the file, you can do a direct conversion; but other than that, I'm not sure you can.

-MoK

Did I help you? If so, help me by pressing the + button above here.

bannersyd.png

banner22z.png