• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Rafferty97

Rafferty97

GMC Member

• 268 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 08:47 AM

GMAnaglyph

GMAnaglyph is a small tool I created to make anaglyphs. An anaglyph is a 3D image created from two separate images of the same thing from a slightly different angle, blended together with different colour channels. I searched the internet for a tool like this and found a good free one, however it didn't allow for green-purple anaglyphs, only red-cyan ones. So I decided to make my own.

My tool allows the user to load two images and combine them to make a red-cyan anaglyph, green-purple anaglyph or (although I haven't seen any yet) a yellow-blue anaglyph. It can switch between colour and grayscale, and you can adjust the images so they line up correctly. Slide your mouse to the right side of the screen to access the toolbar. It is pretty much done, but I might make another version if anyone has any suggestions (or bugs).

(The program creates a small file in the program files directory to save the default settings. To disable this feature, press F4. It should say "Disabled" in the corner. The file is automatically deleted. Because there is no default settings file, you will have to do this every time you use the program :) )

If you used this program, please post and tell me what you think of it :P.

Screenshot:
Posted Image

Download: GMAnaglyph.exe

-Alex

Edited by Rafferty97, 04 January 2010 - 04:08 AM.

Want a place on the internet to put your files? Get 40mb free at Host-a.net
Gm member since 2007

#2 Maarten Baert

Maarten Baert

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 750 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 04 January 2010 - 11:59 AM

The blending is wrong. You should use additive blending, this way it will never work.
Posted Image

#3 Rafferty97

Rafferty97

GMC Member

• 268 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 03:24 PM

It does use additive blending.

Gm member since 2007

#4 LoopStan

LoopStan

North-See Developer

• GMC Member
  • 1398 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 02:10 AM

Interesting....
To make this more effective you should have the user input the depth of the object. I am not sure how it goes, but i think that farther back the object the more distorted it is, the closer it is to your glasses the less it is. I could be wrong, this is just something i was examining when I was watching Avatar in 3D (which btw is awesome). If this has more depth then it would make your game actually 3D. If they were all the same it would just look like a mess! XD maybe you can also try making it so it has compatibility with the new iMax glasses

Posted Image

#5 Rafferty97

Rafferty97

GMC Member

• 268 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:06 AM

The imax glasses use polarization, which isn't possible on ordinary computer screens. There ha been a huge topic on this.

Gm member since 2007

#6 Lewis X

Lewis X

Artist

• GMC Member
  • 1050 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:32 AM

I like this. Thank god I have the glasses. Good job, but please round the image positions, or atleast, make it look like it, somtimes it looks like it is destorted and in between pixels)

Edited by Sonica2, 07 January 2010 - 11:19 AM.

#7 Rafferty97

Rafferty97

GMC Member

• 268 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 11:39 AM

What image positions? The offset positions are rounded to the nearest integer. Do you mean rounding them to higher numbers?

Gm member since 2007

#8 Lewis X

Lewis X

Artist

• GMC Member
  • 1050 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 07 January 2010 - 12:09 PM

What image positions? The offset positions are rounded to the nearest integer. Do you mean rounding them to higher numbers?

Well, somtimes I get some dodgy pixels, try it yourself, uing the arrow keys, somtimes the perfect position for them to work, makes them destorted. I'm sure you have rounded them, but I still get the dodgy images.

Its every other pixel you move it. Maybe it will blur instead, if you use interpolation between pixels

Edited by Sonica2, 07 January 2010 - 12:12 PM.

#9 Rafferty97

Rafferty97

GMC Member

• 268 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 12:41 PM

I went through all my code, but there isn't any way to solve this. It seems like a minor problem.

Gm member since 2007