- Title: Realistic Windy Snow with Motion Blur
- Description: An example of how to make windy snow that looks real by using motion blur and averaged randoms.
- GM Version: 8
- Registered: Yes
- File Type: .gmk and .exe and .scr installer
- File Size: 686 KB and 2.9 MB and 14.96 MB
- File Link: .gmk and .exe and .scr installer
The movement is a combination of the following...
- Averaged directional changes
- Double averaged wind changes
The motion blur is drawn by simply stretching the snowflake along it's path of travel and then lowering alpha to account for the larger snowflakes.
I apologize for making this gm8 pro only but I provided an exe for those who don't have gm8 pro. Maybe someone who isn't as lazy as me will port this to earlier versions of gm.
And now... The screenshot!
Edited by petenka, 09 November 2011 - 09:43 PM.