Photo

And Everything Started To Fall (another Update )

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 Alexitrón

Alexitrón

GMC Member

• 41 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 01:32 AM

A game about life and it's unavoidable end , death and the things that could happen in between . A story told trough images . A pretentious attempt at making art trough play mechanics . Start as a baby and grow all the way into the grave gaining and loosing abilities as time passes you by .

Posted Image

Music by Heatx ( http://gamejolt.com/...ile/heatex/224/ )

The game now has 3 versions :
surface - may cause graphical glitches on Vista and Windows 7
View Port - may cause graphical glitches on some monitors
native - uses GM native screen scaling , should work on all machines , super blurry fullscreen and super small window .

Download to get the all versions . Instant play uses View Port stretching .

Play at YoYo ( download for high quality music ( v2 )
http://www.yoyogames...started-to-fall

Play at Game Jolt :
http://gamejolt.com/...d-to-fall/1262/

Edited by Alexitrón, 12 January 2010 - 11:31 PM.

#2 megaleon

megaleon

GMC Member

• 91 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 10:53 AM

This is pure genius. I really enjoyed it! I loved the style and the game itself is pretty significative.

I hope you're spreading enough this excellent work. I'm already seeing it featured everywere on the web! :medieval:

EDIT: 1st post? AS a new user, I suppose. I remember your Blasterman vs Yellowskull!

Edited by megaleon, 22 December 2009 - 10:55 AM.

#3 guitarman4545

guitarman4545

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 539 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 22 December 2009 - 11:10 AM

This game is very cool, I love the idea. I love how the screen speed changes depending on your age, and going along with how fast a persons lifestyle is during that age. The graphics are simple, but good. The music is fitting. I like the clock effect in the background aswell. A true game of art, i love the symbolism.

There were some problems though, first off and most importantly, When you come to a checkpoint, and then die, you return to the checkpoint and the screen is where it was when you got the checkpoint (does that make sense)? For instance, I ran into a checkpoint right before I got sucked off the screen, so I never had a chance to safe myself after that (I had to restart the game and start over again twice because of this). You may want to set the screen so that the player is in the middle of the screen after you die, so this doesnt happen.

Also, I found it a pain to try and jump from ladder to ladder. Im guessing this is a problem with your controls, more than half of the times I died was because of that one part.

You may also want to include the controls in-game. An idea is to have the screen scrolling really slow as a baby so that you can read the controls (left right and S to jump). I was confused at the beginning when it was play-time or just a beginning custcene, and I died right away not knowing that I was supposed to move. I realize this kind of ruins the "art" feeling, if you display the controls, but I dont think having a seperate text document for controls is necessary, most people wont look at it. Also, if you must keep the text document I would give it a .txt format instead.. in my opinion. I just read the spoilers after the beating the game, and I realize some things that I didnt notice, such as choices as a teenager. I wouldnt get rid of this, but a seperate text document seems sketchy.

One last thing is the end, I sat there for awhile wondering if something else was going to happen (and now I feel stupid lol). Maybe have his angel fly up out of the grave into the sky, and then fade out and exit the game..? If the angel thing is against what you were going for, I would still fade to black and exit at the end.

I notice now that Ive typed everything, my criticism is much larger than my praises at the beginning. That doesnt mean there isnt alot I like about this game, I truly to think its a piece of art, just rough around the edges. Other than the things that I said, I would give it a 10/10. But for now, Ill say 9/10.

Edited by guitarman4545, 22 December 2009 - 11:10 AM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 Alexitrón

Alexitrón

GMC Member

• 41 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 12:23 PM

Glad to hear you people are liking it . No this is not my first post i just had to make a new account because i couldn't reach my old one no matter what i tried . it was just one error message after the other . Very annoying .

Anyways , i will get to that check point thing , that most be very annoying indeed . Jumping from ladder to ladder is just very tricky but there is only one of this sections and you can avoid it completely .The controls in game are not gonna happen , I know nobody reads text files but I also needed to include my point of view of the game and that couldn't go in game or in the games description . maybe i can use that press f1 for info that GM has , but I don't think so . I wanted the ending to be like this but i will consider what you said , good thinking , maybe letting people just sit there wasn't the best idea . I'll get to this issues and add a better menu image and high quality music , coming soon .

thanks again for your input .

Edited by Alexitrón, 22 December 2009 - 12:25 PM.

#5 rinkuhero

rinkuhero

Paul Eres

• GMC Member
  • 1919 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 06:01 PM

doesn't work for me, i just get black rectangles and can't see anything -- maybe some type of bug or incompatibility with my computer

#6 Alexitrón

Alexitrón

GMC Member

• 41 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 06:21 PM

doesn't work for me, i just get black rectangles and can't see anything -- maybe some type of bug or incompatibility with my computer

Weird . Did you tried re-downloading or instant playing it ? The game is being drawn in a surface in case that have given you issues before . But is probably a compatibility issue like you are saying . Sorry .

#7 Kapser

Kapser

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1645 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 06:29 PM

I get the black squares too.. Still playable though. I really liked the theme. It could've been nice to see some impact on the decisions we take (if you take the easy or evil road maybe) but I guess the message of the game is the reverse from what I read in the doc.

It was really enjoyable, a simple gameplay to support a brillant concept. I actually tought of making a game where you start as a baby and grow till death once, but I didn't think of presenting it this way, which I really loved.

I suggest everyone to play the game.

#8 coolsmile

coolsmile

Programmer

• 1346 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 06:31 PM

No matter what path you take, you still end up dead

#9 Alexitrón

Alexitrón

GMC Member

• 41 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 06:50 PM

No matter what path you take, you still end up dead

Yes , that is actually the point . That is actually how life is , isn't it ?

Those black squares are starting to annoy me , what could it be ? I'm glad that you still liked it with issue and everything .

Thanks for playing . Update coming soon .

#10 Kapser

Kapser

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1645 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 08:53 PM

Yeah you end up dead, but you might die older or richer :medieval: .. Anyways, I really liked the "swimming in money" metaphor and the storytelling is so simple and powerful.

I have no idea what causes the black square thing, but the last time I saw this bug was in one of your games... (the dungeon jumping one)

#11 Frenchies

Frenchies

GMC Member

• 105 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 09:01 PM

A very interesting (and depressing) game actually. I am rather surprised with how good it was actually.

The music seems to match the style you were going for in this, it is actually rather sad. Good job!
bogus

#12 Alexitrón

Alexitrón

GMC Member

• 41 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 03:36 AM

Thanks for your input dudes . About those black squares , have anyone tried running in compatibility with windows xp or pressing F4 for window mode or lowering the resolution? the game doesn't change the resolution . I really do not know .

#13 dadio

dadio

Potato King

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 2740 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 06:02 PM

I wonder is that glitch might be cos of InstantPlay.... I'll be trying the DL version & report back soon....
love the minimal retro style :(

Worked for me here...
had a weird graphical screen full of glitchy stuff at startup tho...

I like it.
I agree with whoever said it was depressing.
But ya know the "funny" thing is:
this is life.
No matter what you do, in the end you'll just get old & die (unless you die before you're old...)
It's interesting tho isn't it?
Life is really just a big game really...
it's something I often find scary/sad/funny - people who do things like say sink years of their life into games like WoW, doing boring repetitive things to collect fake gold... when that time would be so much better spent "IRL" collecting/investing actual cash...

I think ya could have done a few more "branching routes" with different effects & some more positivity...
(having kids "somewhat" immortalizes you...
leaving behind memorable works of art/music/writing/whatever somewhat immortalizes you...
things like that -
it's not all so black & white - you're dead - that's it-ish) :(

but I like the short simplicity/point of it all as you have it as well.

Also, I admire your honesty there:

A pretentious attempt at making art trough play mechanics...

I see quite a few people doing this kind of thing lately...
seems to be a good bet for getting noticed/media coverage.
Goodluck! ;)

PS: Hope to see something new from you next year with a bit more substance/length to it (like The Power). Take care!

Edited by dadio, 23 December 2009 - 06:29 PM.

AczgxAZ.png5aj9t5.jpg

#14 Explicit

Explicit

Destroyer of zeds

• GMC Member
  • 1647 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 07:45 PM

well. that made me tear :(

okay well its a solid engine, neatly presented with simple graphics, and the message it sent was sheer brilliance, in my opinion you succeeded in the 'art' portion of the game.
9/10
thanks for this game alexitron

Edited by Explicit, 23 December 2009 - 07:46 PM.

#15 D1g1talAli3n

D1g1talAli3n

BoyGenius

• GMC Member
  • 965 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 23 December 2009 - 08:29 PM

I love it. 10/10 :(

Posted Image

#16 Alexitrón

Alexitrón

GMC Member

• 41 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 09:43 PM

(having kids "somewhat" immortalizes you...

you did had a kid , see after the wedding and during the funeral and , who do you think is pushing you around on that wheel chair and getting the bad news in the background ?

I am very happy to see how well this game has been received . Thank you all .

#17 dadio

dadio

Potato King

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 2740 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 09:51 PM

Yeah...
I see that, don't me wrong... I like this :(...
I guess what I meant is that it should be more like...
"if ya go this way & have a kid", then when you die you restart as your kids kid... if ya get me... & the whole game loops forever... that kinda thing ya know (a bit more positivity) :(
Or if ya became a master of art/music etc...
if your achievement were recognised (like a zoom out on the world with you stamp on it & the time counter fast forwarding by decades as your name fades away...)
I guess they're pretty complicated ideas that would dilute your concept tho ;)

I do like the direction ya took - it "works" - it's good stuff ;)

I especially love the very ultra simple retro chunky pixel art style.

Edited by dadio, 23 December 2009 - 09:53 PM.

AczgxAZ.png5aj9t5.jpg

#18 tapeworm

tapeworm

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 95 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 05:24 AM

Nice work. I didn't really find the game's tone depressing. Life doesn't last forever, so we need to remember to get those Game Maker projects done that we've been procrastinating, right?

I like how the game is enough of a game not to be just an artistic statement--it's actually fun, too.

#19 Mattman123

Mattman123

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 07:21 PM

this game is really addicting, it has a meaning to the game, you can get trapped and you cant climb down the ladder again, or fall without dieing. Its really a good game.

#20 Alexitrón

Alexitrón

GMC Member

• 41 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 09:19 PM

Nice work. I didn't really find the game's tone depressing. Life doesn't last forever, so we need to remember to get those Game Maker projects done that we've been procrastinating, right?

Yeah , get to work slackers ! what If you die tomorrow ? you can't just leave us teased .

I like how the game is enough of a game not to be just an artistic statement--it's actually fun, too.

This was my biggest concern trough the whole production proses . I really wanted to deliver game first and art later . Is a videogame after all .

Thank you very much for your feedback people

#21 ptsick

ptsick

GMC Member

• 1 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 06:23 AM

I love this game, anyway it's a bit hard for me ..

Finally u'r dead..cooool........ :snitch:

#22 dadio

dadio

Potato King

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 2740 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 06:16 PM

Yeah , get to work slackers ! what If you die tomorrow ? you can't just leave us teased.

Now here's a statement that 99% of the GMC could benefit from paying attention to! :P
(Me included! Lol!)

(By the way, showed a few friends this one: they all liked it.)

(Still think The Power 's your best to date tho - sorry!)

Keep up the great work! :D

Edited by dadio, 26 December 2009 - 06:17 PM.

AczgxAZ.png5aj9t5.jpg

#23 Alexitrón

Alexitrón

GMC Member

• 41 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 10:50 PM

They got me going on on yet another cage match . This game against Kablooey! by Mr. Chubygans . Go check it out !

#24 weckar

weckar

Helping Hand

• GMC Member
  • 2616 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 26 December 2009 - 11:43 PM

I found this really difficult. I couldn't keep up :P
Just had my 10-year forum anniversary. Feeling - Even - Older.
Awards & Recognitions:
Spoiler

[I have a nasty habit of writing "it is" simply as "it". Please forgive me, I try to avoid it.]

#25 Explicit

Explicit

Destroyer of zeds

• GMC Member
  • 1647 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 11:50 PM

played this like twice, and now im wondering is there some sort of scoring system? maybe you should have a speed run online highscore list, and probably throw in some grab-able achievement objects? just saying, would add to the replay value of this [short and sweet] game

#26 Alexitrón

Alexitrón

GMC Member

• 41 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 12:13 AM

played this like twice, and now im wondering is there some sort of scoring system? maybe you should have a speed run online highscore list, and probably throw in some grab-able achievement objects? just saying, would add to the replay value of this [short and sweet] game

I believe all those things could prove to be a distraction from what the game is trying to do/be . But they are not bad ideas .

#27 ev149

ev149

NinetySix Design

• GMC Member
  • 1035 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 12:20 AM

Cool game, great job! When playing under Windows 7 x64 I get black boxes around the sprites, but it's still playable. Works fine on my other Windows XP machine. Very artistic and great quality artwork, however you may want to double-check your spelling in the info...
I ain't 'round these parts too much no more...

InfraTerrra

#28 Alexitrón

Alexitrón

GMC Member

• 41 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 12:40 AM

Thanks for confirming this compatibility issue . also , please do not mind my spelling , I am from Puerto Rico and we speak Spanish here . I really try the best i can with spelling thing . Anyways , thanks for playing and for your input .

#29 ev149

ev149

NinetySix Design

• GMC Member
  • 1035 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 12:46 AM

Thanks for confirming this compatibility issue . also , please do not mind my spelling , I am from Puerto Rico and we speak Spanish here . I really try the best i can with spelling thing . Anyways , thanks for playing and for your input .

Sure, no problem. I know it's hard writing in languages other than your native one (I'm trying to learn Espańol myself, but my grammar's no es muy bueno). ;)
I ain't 'round these parts too much no more...

InfraTerrra

#30 Alexitrón

Alexitrón

GMC Member

• 41 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 02:02 AM

Espanol is kind of a tricky deal . Good luck with that .

#31 Druid TC

Druid TC

Forever Floyd

• GMC Member
  • 1585 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 01:56 PM

Espanol is kind of a tricky deal . Good luck with that .

I'm half Spanish myself, but at school we learn French, German and Latin, so I often get muddled up.

Great game by the way.
Assorted Quotes:
Spoiler

My Forum Fic (currently on prologue + ten chapters)

#32 orange08

orange08

Art Game Movement

• GMC Member
  • 2272 posts
  • Version:GM:HTML5

Posted 28 December 2009 - 02:33 PM

I couldn't get past the teenager stage... this game really makes me mad.

There's a platform that keeps letting me drop right through it so I cant get past...

Z8vrE7W.png WRhLqHy.png
"I'm just glad Off-topic isn't being removed. Otherwise I risk actually doing something productive." -RoyTheShort

#33 Alexitrón

Alexitrón

GMC Member

• 41 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 09:06 PM

There's a platform that keeps letting me drop right through it so I cant get past...

i'm gonna look into this . thanks for pointing it out and thanks everyone for playing .
BTW : they featured me on YoYo Games

#34 Alexitrón

Alexitrón

GMC Member

• 41 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 01:19 AM

Sorry for this unintentional double post . I just wanted to announce that a new version is up that hopefully got rid of that graphics glitch . Apparently it was my screen scaling method . See first post .

Oh , and I fixed that missing platform issue . I just forgot to put a floor block there ... ups

if anyone gets anymore graphical glitches please let me know .

Edited by Alexitrón, 29 December 2009 - 01:23 AM.

#35 Desert Dog

Desert Dog

GMC Member

• GMC Elder
  • 6409 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 02:23 AM

That was certainly interesting! I liked 'passing' through life, and seeing the different paths ahead of me.. I found it kinda interesting, that in the game I was so much in a rush jumping and all, that I didn't really realize what the 'path' was that I was on, until I it was too late.. if that was intentional, a really brilliant touch.

Good work, Alexitron! I look forward to seeing more pretentious artsy games from you. :whistle:
HTML5 games for mobile:
HexDogs Bugz Burn! Captain George Golfing Block Memory

Games for Androids
*NEW* Word Dog - Published by Dangerous_Dave

Code: General Array Functions - GM-S friendly. sorting, shuffling. Includes a quicksort.
Use the quicksort to sort ds_lists 10-18 times faster than ds_list_sort()!

#36 Alexitrón

Alexitrón

GMC Member

• 41 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 05:30 PM

Thank You .

Also another update , hopefully the last one :

The game now has 3 versions :
surface - may cause graphical glitches on Vista and Windows 7
View Port - may cause graphical glitches on some monitors
native - uses GM native screen scaling , should work on all machines , super blurry fullscreen and super small window .

That should settle all graphical issues . See first post for download link .

#37 dadio

dadio

Potato King

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 2740 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 05:38 PM

Hey cool.
PS: Viewport solution shouldn't have any graphical glitches *if ya make sure all tiles/sprites & screen size are divisible by 16 & the scaling is exact (2x/4x/8x/etc) * afaik.

EDIT: Also, you should make sure to enter something into Comp 5. Your stuff tends to be very low/res retro anyway... seems like the perfect opportunity for ya! :whistle:

Edited by dadio, 30 December 2009 - 06:55 PM.

AczgxAZ.png5aj9t5.jpg

#38 Alexitrón

Alexitrón

GMC Member

• 41 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 08:51 PM

My tiles are 12x12 my scaling is 2x from the view port .

The new compo theme couldn't be more lame . The rules/restrictions don't help it one bit . Even the Game Boy had more than one button . ridiculous .

#39 dadio

dadio

Potato King

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 2740 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 09:03 PM

12x12= gaps

16x16= no gaps, 32x32= no gaps, 64x64= no gaps etc.

The new compo theme couldn't be more lame . The rules/restrictions don't help it one bit . Even the Game Boy had more than one button . ridiculous .

:whistle:

Really?
Wow... wasn't expecting that response from you... :D
sorry to hear ya don't like it (personally I think it's fantastic).

Oh well, still, I look forward to your future games & hope you change your mind about the Comp...
after all, AESTF only uses arrows & one button...
& The Power *could have* only used arrows & 1 button (make "up" "shoot")
remember that "esc" can be used to bring up a menu...
the rules aren't really as restrictive as people seem to think...
& you could even have extra function like if you hold "space" down for 3 secs it "pauses" or whatever...
or if ya tap an arrow key twice fast it does something else... ya know?
You should consider entering...
your stuff seems like such a perfect fit to me..
*shrugs*
well, best of luck & Happy New Year to ya anyway! :)

Edited by dadio, 30 December 2009 - 09:03 PM.

AczgxAZ.png5aj9t5.jpg

#40 cred13

cred13

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 270 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 10:35 PM

This was something I didn't expect at all.

Great game, I look forward to see your next one.

#41 makerofthegames

makerofthegames

My last custom title

• GMC Member
  • 7629 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 08:54 AM

Half way up I said (outloud), "I think this game is trying to make me depressed! :whistle:"

EDIT: At the teenager stage. When I hit 'school.'

EDIT2: By the way, I went into this game blind. IE: Didn't know anything in advance, didn't even see the image.

I downloaded it from the yoyogames page and I got a link to that from the cagematch topic.

Edited by makerofthegames, 11 January 2010 - 09:13 PM.

#42 Alexitrón

Alexitrón

GMC Member

• 41 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 11:31 PM

I won the first cage match round against Kablooey ! . Now i am going against This is infinity by cactus .

#43 banov

banov

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1172 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 09:28 PM

I'd like to play this, but there seems to be a problem with the download on yoyogames. It takes forever to finish, and then when it finally downloads it says the file is invalid. Might just be a personal problem. If it is just me, do you think you could upload to an alternate location so I can try downloading from there?

#44 Alexitrón

Alexitrón

GMC Member

• 41 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 04:44 AM

here you go:
http://gamejolt.com/.../download/1262/

you can quick play there too:
http://gamejolt.com/...d-to-fall/1262/

I'll ad these to the first post . Thanks .

#45 9_6

9_6

• GMC Member
  • 3627 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 03:16 PM

Why are you making people download 6 executables with a total of over 40 mb?
Those 'versions' only differ in a little detail, couldn't you simply have crammed it all into one executable?
And why is the viewport stretching one the standard version?
This is the one people have most problems with. The tiles are a mess for me.
Just make the native version the standard and have the player pick their poison in a menu you lazy bum.
Also why is there even 'V1' and 'V2'? Couldn't you just go with V2 since that one seems to have mp3 or whatever music and sounds a bit better?

That said, I still think this game is as pretentious and artsy as it gets. Good job.

Needs jumping and landing sounds and maybe little puffs of smoke whenever you jump/land though.

Edited by 9_6, 09 January 2010 - 03:22 PM.

#46 banov

banov

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1172 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 09:06 PM

Haha, yep, pretty artsy/pretentious ;) I had some trouble with control on the ladders. I spent a lot of the game just figuring out the controls, actually... I didn't want to check the controls and see the spoilers. Seems counterproductive to put those on the same screen. Also thought it was odd that the top of the screen was a wall, I banged my head on it and died a couple times. Life ended pretty abruptly after you turn, like, 30. I feel like you could have milked your life with the wife/kids and then having them watch you die as an emotional thing.

But the idea was cool. I'd like to try something artsy like this eventually, myself. The best moments were when the interactive bits clicked with the actual life events, like when you're getting older and you have to push the heavy blocks... felt representative of the general struggle of aging, or something. Nice job!

#47 Alexitrón

Alexitrón

GMC Member

• 41 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 04:38 AM

Why are you making people download 6 executables with a total of over 40 mb?
Those 'versions' only differ in a little detail, couldn't you simply have crammed it all into one executable?
And why is the viewport stretching one the standard version?
This is the one people have most problems with. The tiles are a mess for me.
Just make the native version the standard and have the player pick their poison in a menu you lazy bum.
Also why is there even 'V1' and 'V2'? Couldn't you just go with V2 since that one seems to have mp3 or whatever music and sounds a bit better?

I ain't gonna do no dirty job for you mister . Eat those 40mb or don't play at all !!!! No but seriously , I was so frustrated with Gm's stupid scaling and the half working alternatives that I just did this and got done with it .

Life ended pretty abruptly after you turn, like, 30. I feel like you could have milked your life with the wife/kids and then having them watch you die as an emotional thing.

Your wife and daughter were there during your dad's funeral , your mom was there also , at a very advanced age . By the time you were very old you can see yourself in the background facing your last minutes , one of the doctors is giving your daughter the bad news . Your wife is not on this scene , probably outside the room , maybe died before you . Your daughter is also the one pushing you on your wheelchair . I did not make scenarios of you having some good times with the kids because these were already presented when you were on the kid/teenage stage . I just kept the focus on the main character and his life . But I get what you are trying to say .

#48 Alexitrón

Alexitrón

GMC Member

• 41 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 11:37 PM

Bump for good news .

This game won the Experimental Gameplay Project Art theme and is being shown at The FACT museum's Space Invaders exhibition in Liverpool , England until February 21. If you want to check it out go here :
http://experimentalg...1/#comment-2861

#49 Holy Fruit

Holy Fruit

GMC Member

• 254 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 02:45 PM

awesome game,i don't know what to say probably everything was said above.
for me it was like a short story only,game itself is kinda easy,it seems like maybe it just needs 1 good thing more to make
it the whole.
reality is not solid

#50 chris morgan

chris morgan

GMC Member

• 46 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 11:59 PM

There should be a new genre - art games. Maybe there already is.

Oscar Wilde said that Life imitated Art, and not the other way around. Does Life imitate Games (like yours Alexitron) or do Games imitate Life?

Keep up the good work,

Chris.