• 1353 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 03:19 AM

Posted Image

-Download high quality music version (22mb)-
-Download low quality music version (7mb)-
-Visit Abscure Games, the home of Launch!-
-Launch on Yoyogames-

Details

Launch has a simple goal, to fire a ball out of a cannon. Seems generic and boring? Well Launch has 3 games that take a twist to getting this round object out of your oh so faithful cannon.
In Far you need to get that ball as high as you possibly can, launching from a cannon in who knows where. Scattered around the world are triangles, boost pads and fuel containers, to aid your ball in getting as high as possible.
In Long you need to use your 3 cannons to destroy those incoming triangles and survive for as long as possible. Destroying triangles gives you money, and with money you can get more stuff to destroy more triangles!
In Many you need to get a certain ball into a certain area. There are different pieces put in each level that will make this a harder or easier task. Worried about restricted gameplay? Don't need to with a level editor!

Additional stuff

Launch comes with online highscores, 112 achievements and 4 secret games. You won't be bored of this game any time soon.

Media

Screenshots: [1] | [2] | [3] | [4] | [5] | [6] | [7] | [8]
Video: Gameplay video by Hach-Que - This video is quite blury and doesn't have as high a framerate as the actual game. You're getting the gameplay, but you won't be getting the true graphics.

Support
Posted Image

[url="http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=457643"][img]http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/8293/bar1d.png[/img][/url]

[url="http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=457643"][img]http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/2186/bar2j.png[/img][/url]

[url="http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=457643"][img]http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/9503/far.png[/img][/url]

[url="http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=457643"][img]http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/3518/long.png[/img][/url]

[url="http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=457643"][img]http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/1707/many.png[/img][/url]

-Download high quality music version (22mb)-
-Download low quality music version (7mb)-
-Visit Abscure Games, the home of Launch!-
-Launch on Yoyogames-

Edited by Pinpickle, 22 March 2011 - 08:53 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Desert Dog

Desert Dog

GMC Member

• GMC Elder
  • 6409 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 19 December 2009 - 04:36 AM

In the demo, I pressed escape, and got to the 'pause' menu, then when I pressed escape again, I got an error.

Posted Image

It's an interesting game, but like you said, I finished it in 10 minutes. I have no idea what the other games are like, you haven't even given me one level of it them. So essentially, I would be buying, what I know nothing about. :) (If I brought it, that is )

The full version looks really good from your screenshots, best of luck with sales, etc, etc. :)

~DD

Edited by Desert Dog, 19 December 2009 - 04:37 AM.

HTML5 games for mobile:
HexDogs Bugz Burn! Captain George Golfing Block Memory

Games for Androids
*NEW* Word Dog - Published by Dangerous_Dave

Code: General Array Functions - GM-S friendly. sorting, shuffling. Includes a quicksort.
Use the quicksort to sort ds_lists 10-18 times faster than ds_list_sort()!

#3 Hach-Que

Hach-Que

RoketGames Admin

• 1490 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 04:46 AM

It's an interesting game, but like you said, I finished it in 10 minutes. I have no idea what the other games are like, you haven't even given me one level of it them. So essentially, I would be buying, what I know nothing about. :) (If I brought it, that is )

The other games aren't actually structured with levels like Many is, so if he was to unlock those games in the Demo, there'd be very little left to sell in the Full version except the bonus features ;) (and the other Many levels of course).

Pinpickle's going to get a video trailer up soon so you'll be able to see what the other games actually look / play like :)

I don't visit these forums (and I haven't for quite some time). You can

see my latest community projects at the Redpoint Blog.

I never thought I'd see myself writing the above.. :(

#4 Pinpickle

Pinpickle

Abscure Programmer

• GMC Member
  • 1353 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 04:46 AM

In the demo, I pressed escape, and got to the 'pause' menu, then when I pressed escape again, I got an error.

Posted Image

The full version looks really good from your screenshots, best of luck with sales, etc, etc. :)

~DD

Yeah, you get that error with the old version (which was updated with in about 5 minutes of release), so it's gone now.
Problem is, the other games are score based, so one level would be like giving you the whole game. I hope the description and screenshot is enough though.
I'll take that luck and put it to good use!

EDIT Hach beat me to the point! So yeah, what he said.

Edited by Pinpickle, 19 December 2009 - 04:49 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 lol23

lol23

GMC Member

• 955 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 04:52 AM

Looks very similar to this...
Boxes "one of the best games ever created with Game Maker"
"I love it! Absolutely amazing.", "fun, addicting, and it never gets old", "...a masterpiece", "My friends...and I are all addicted."
"Nice, simple concept", "one of the best GM games I've ever played", "You should change the font to something else than Arial"
"This games insane!", "I did not enjoy this game...This is nothing more than a flashy version of the flash game Avalanche"
"I really enjoyed this game", "Great concept, perfect graphics and music, perfectly executed gameplay, and TONS of replay value"
"awesome game", "Splendid game", "excellent job"

#6 Pinpickle

Pinpickle

Abscure Programmer

• GMC Member
  • 1353 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 04:55 AM

Looks very similar to this...

I have to admit there were a couple of games these were roughly based around, but I've never heard of this.
Besides, this is one game and the goals aren't exactly the same.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Mr. Munchkin

Mr. Munchkin

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 718 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 19 December 2009 - 04:56 AM

I enjoyed playing it through, but it seems a little empty.
It's a good game, but nothing I'd buy, I barely know anything about it.

How about for the Far and Long levels, you let the player have 1 or 2 shots, and then make it locked so they can't play it. Just an idea.

I might have another go of the demo later, I found it quite entertaining, but like I said, not enough content to make me want to buy the game.

I hope your succesful in selling it!
I wish you the best of luck.

~ Mr. Munchkin

#8 Pinpickle

Pinpickle

Abscure Programmer

• GMC Member
  • 1353 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 05:02 AM

I enjoyed playing it through, but it seems a little empty.
It's a good game, but nothing I'd buy, I barely know anything about it.

How about for the Far and Long levels, you let the player have 1 or 2 shots, and then make it locked so they can't play it. Just an idea.

I might have another go of the demo later, I found it quite entertaining, but like I said, not enough content to make me want to buy the game.

I hope your succesful in selling it!
I wish you the best of luck.

~ Mr. Munchkin

The point where it actually becomes worth playing is too much in Long and Far, 2 shots would probably leave you with more questions that when you started with.
Like Hach said, there's gonna be a gameplay video soon, so you can get more info through that.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 c_raethke

c_raethke

TeamSkyfire

• GMC Member
  • 2010 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 06:00 AM

Hmm. Reminds me of a game I would play on a random Flash games site lol. It's not the kind of game I would pay to play though, unfortunately. Also, I have no idea what the full game contains based on this. There is not really any menu, and I would like to at least see some gameplay of the other games if I was planning on buying it. The trailer should fix that though. I am also not sure how much game there really is.. Are there just those 30 levels, and are the other 2 games around the same length? Because I beat the demo in around 3 minutes, and I also wouldn't pay for a game that I get half an hour of play out of.

The graphics could also use a little bit of touching up. I realize they are stylized to that "hand-drawn" kind of thing, but it makes it look a little unprofessional. The object sprites don't quite fit with the backgrounds, and the colors kind of clash. It would also be cool to see some nice effects for collisions and stuff. You could also try to be a little more creative with the objects.. the basic geometric shapes are a little overused :)

I think the music fits great in the Many part; I hope you have music like that for the rest of the game. I really adds to it. I didn't really notice the sound effects... maybe I wasn't paying enough attention.

I hope this reply doesn't come as too harsh.. I think this is a really well made GM game from what I have seen. I just don't think it is quite ready for people to buy. I bought Robot Arena 2 for 4 bucks, and I spent hours and hours playing that :). Good luck with this though.

Edited by c_raethke, 19 December 2009 - 06:03 AM.

Stasis server: Offline
On a scale of 3 to 9, how awesome is this game:
sig.png
IndieDB | World In War | Stasis [UPDATE 1/7/12]

#10 Pinpickle

Pinpickle

Abscure Programmer

• GMC Member
  • 1353 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 06:06 AM

Hmm. Reminds me of a game I would play on a random Flash games site lol. It's not the kind of game I would pay to play though, unfortunately. Also, I have no idea what the full game contains based on this. There is not really any menu, and I would like to at least see some gameplay of the other games if I was planning on buying it. The trailer should fix that though. I am also not sure how much game there really is.. Are there just those 30 levels, and are the other 2 games around the same length? Because I beat the demo in around 3 minutes, and I also wouldn't pay for a game that I get half an hour of play out of. :)

The graphics could also use a little bit of touching up. I realize they are stylized to that "hand-drawn" kind of thing, but it makes it look a little unprofessional. The object sprites don't quite fit with the backgrounds, and the colors kind of clash. It would also be cool to see some nice effects for collisions and stuff. You could also try to be a little more creative with the objects.. the basic geometric shapes are a little overused :)

I think the music fits great in the Many part; I hope you have music like that for the rest of the game. I really adds to it. I didn't really notice the sound effects... maybe I wasn't paying enough attention.

I hope this reply doesn't come as too harsh.. I think this is a really well made GM game from what I have seen. I just don't think it is quite ready for people to buy. I bought Robot Arena 2 for 4 bucks, and I spent hours and hours playing that ;). Good luck with this though.

Many isn't the longest game of all, and trust me those first 10 levels are peas compared to the last 20. Plus, I'll be getting level packs out every so often, and you'll have the levels you've already made, so you have a lot to work with.
The other two games are ready to play for hours and hours, especially Far.

The problem with Many is it has to use GM6 (because of physics), which doesn't have as good support for rotating sprites, which means the colours will end up clashing a bit. It's not so obvious in Far and Long because they're in GM7.

The music is like that the whole game (4 different tracks to mess with). There are sound effects, they're just a little quiet.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 Kamina

Kamina

Game Maker

• 212 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 07:48 AM

I played through the demo, and I found it quite nice. The levels were easy, but it kind of felt like a tutorial to the game - which was cool.
The graphics were pretty good, and the music was nice. I look forward to purchasing the full version some time early next week.

Good work.

#12 Ethan718

Ethan718

Go Cubs Go

• 212 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 04:30 PM

I love the art style, physics, and just overall play of this game. If you play the demo and enjoy it, I suggest you buy it. It just gets better as you go on... In fact, if you don't like it the first time you play it, try it again.

One suggestion though is to maybe solidify the secret games and make them better. I played one of them, it had a fun engine but. It felt very empty. And I'll tell you Pip that if those games are good, it would make it a lot lot better.

#13 Pinpickle

Pinpickle

Abscure Programmer

• GMC Member
  • 1353 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 08:39 PM

I played through the demo, and I found it quite nice. The levels were easy, but it kind of felt like a tutorial to the game - which was cool.
The graphics were pretty good, and the music was nice. I look forward to purchasing the full version some time early next week.

Good work.

Thanks - and I'm looking forward to you buying it too! :whistle:

I love the art style, physics, and just overall play of this game. If you play the demo and enjoy it, I suggest you buy it. It just gets better as you go on... In fact, if you don't like it the first time you play it, try it again.

One suggestion though is to maybe solidify the secret games and make them better. I played one of them, it had a fun engine but. It felt very empty. And I'll tell you Pip that if those games are good, it would make it a lot lot better.

The first two secret games are very... meh, and that's because they're the first 2! If you want a solid game, wait until you get to the last one. Oh ya.
But, I will look into updating the game with a more user-friendly and polished approach to those first secret games.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 Pinpickle

Pinpickle

Abscure Programmer

• GMC Member
  • 1353 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 12:37 AM

Just a minor update.
I didn't know that the new anti-decompiler got rid of that annoying virus warning, so the new demo and full version gets rid of that warning for anybody who couldn't play due to it.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 Jelly Attempts

Jelly Attempts

GMC Member

• 34 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 01:13 AM

Pretty cool game.

A few problems I have with it:
-If I'm only getting 20 more levels I'm not paying for it.
-The graphics could be better (backgrounds, smoother-edged sprites, more detailed sprites.)
-Change up the music a little bit (add a couple more tracks.)
-Make the instructions less vague. I didn't realize at first that I had to hit play or what the numbers in the light meant.

It's got a lot of potential. I suggest you work more on this.

#16 Pinpickle

Pinpickle

Abscure Programmer

• GMC Member
  • 1353 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 01:32 AM

Pretty cool game.

A few problems I have with it:
-If I'm only getting 20 more levels I'm not paying for it.
-The graphics could be better (backgrounds, smoother-edged sprites, more detailed sprites.)
-Change up the music a little bit (add a couple more tracks.)
-Make the instructions less vague. I didn't realize at first that I had to hit play or what the numbers in the light meant.

It's got a lot of potential. I suggest you work more on this.

I think what people don't understand is that the demo has extremely restricted content.
There will be more music.
There will be more games.
GM6 has poor alpha support, the graphics in the other 2 games are smoother.

But I do understand your concern, I really need to make this a little more clear.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 Ethan718

Ethan718

Go Cubs Go

• 212 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 07:41 PM

I can't get the online high scores to work. It's not my internet- I have good internet, and it just keeps loading and loading and loading.

#18 Pinpickle

Pinpickle

Abscure Programmer

• GMC Member
  • 1353 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 11:26 PM

I can't get the online high scores to work. It's not my internet- I have good internet, and it just keeps loading and loading and loading.

I'll have to ask Hach-Que about that, because it's due to Roket-Games.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 Hach-Que

Hach-Que

RoketGames Admin

• 1490 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 12:05 AM

I'll have to ask Hach-Que about that, because it's due to Roket-Games.

The RoketGames Game Integration seems to be operating responsively on my end.

#20 Hach-Que

Hach-Que

RoketGames Admin

• 1490 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 02:59 AM

Gameplay itself was predictable, seemingly built around the physics extension solely. Using physics is good and all, but take it further! Sure, the later levels might be harder, but you can do a lot more with physics than the demo displays. Check out a game called 'Bumps!' on YYG for inspiration (if you haven't already).

You've only played you've only played 1/3rd of one of the three games that are included. The problem with including the other two in the demo is, as Pinpickle says, they aren't level-orientated games so there's very little you can actually restrict them to in the demo; essentially he'd have to give you the other games completely unlocked and that reduces the value of the full version.

On top of that, the full version also includes 4 bonus games as well that you unlock as you progress through the first 3.

#21 Swifty

Swifty

Shadow

• GMC Member
  • 516 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 03:36 AM

Two things I would like to suggest, one is a keyboard control for the Play and Restart button, having the mouse to aim with the cannon sometimes I don't want to move the mouse to reset the level, but I am forced to. Two; having the tip written down the bottom right kinda bugged me, maybe have it up the top of the screen, or just centered and bigger font? Other than that, I quite enjoyed the demo.

Swifty

Edited by Swifty, 22 December 2009 - 03:38 AM.

Don't be Afraid to Fail.

#22 Pinpickle

Pinpickle

Abscure Programmer

• GMC Member
  • 1353 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 06:13 AM

I downloaded the demo, and I have to say there was definitely not enough content in it to make me even consider buying the game (and I like supporting indie developers). Those first 10 levels feel more like a tutorial than a gameplay sample. If that is how limited the demo is, I'm definitely not convinced enough to buy the full version.

The graphics are very boring. They could so easily be stylised with nice plasma/neon graphics and that alone would increase polish and interest immensely. Gameplay itself was predictable, seemingly built around the physics extension solely. Using physics is good and all, but take it further! Sure, the later levels might be harder, but you can do a lot more with physics than the demo displays. Check out a game called 'Bumps!' on YYG for inspiration (if you haven't already).

The in game instruction were easy enough to understand, but the presentation is just poor. Take a look at a game such as Peggle and how it introduces new gameplay elements. The menu was very plain, too.

Sorry that these are all critiques, but they are constructive. If you want to go commercial, you need a lot more polish and attention to detail than you have demonstrated. Such a limited demo doesn't help either.

Will check back for updates; I want to see how far you take this.

-Tv

It seems no matter how many times I try to take this advice, it's not enough.
I was really expecting this much from my first commercial game, though. I know it's something hard to achieve and more than all of your effort needs to go into it.

But, you've put up somewhat of a good point here and I've been inspired. Is 30 levels and a level editor really enough of an excuse to make a GM6 executable run inside of my full GM7 executable? I guess not.
I could make this mode "Original", but add 30, 50, or even 60 new levels of an "Advanced" mode that takes the physics to a whole new level. Sadly, I don't think I could manage making a new level editor for that.

So I guess, it's time for Launch to have (yet another, but smaller) rehaul. To those who have already bought it/planning to, if you buy it now Roket-Games won't stop you from downloading the new one.

Thanks True Valhalla, that post right there has really done something to me that finally got the point through to me.
But, I'm probably going to keep Long and Far the way they are... although I was thinking of a few extra game modes for both of 'em.

Graphics are staying as-is, well at least the style is.

Two things I would like to suggest, one is a keyboard control for the Play and Restart button, having the mouse to aim with the cannon sometimes I don't want to move the mouse to reset the level, but I am forced to. Two; having the tip written down the bottom right kinda bugged me, maybe have it up the top of the screen, or just centered and bigger font? Other than that, I quite enjoyed the demo.

Swifty

Point taken and will be taken into account.
I think the tip being down there with the rest of the HUD is convenient.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#23 Kamina

Kamina

Game Maker

• 212 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 09:36 AM

Hows the update coming along? What can we expect in it?

#24 scoz

scoz

GMC Member

• 464 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 10:43 AM

You've only played you've only played 1/3rd of one of the three games that are included. The problem with including the other two in the demo is, as Pinpickle says, they aren't level-orientated games so there's very little you can actually restrict them to in the demo; essentially he'd have to give you the other games completely unlocked and that reduces the value of the full version.

But, to play Devil's Advocate, the role of the demo is to convince the consumer the purchase is worthwhile. Saying that the other two modes would be effectively "given away" if included in a demo doesn't say much for how much they add to the overall package.

People come to expect different things from commercial games than they do from freeware. To put it bluntly, people become tightarses. At the end of the day all the consumer has to judge the game is the demo and the screenshot material to judge the game on. What seems to be the general consensus is that there isn't enough polished, enticing content visable to justify a purchase.

All of that said, judging from my point of view (no purchase) so far it's an admirable effort, although I believe it's a few updates in both quantity and quality away from what I'd call commercial quality (although the hot and cold clusterfudge that is the iPhone market really has destroyed my quality compass for indie commercial games :P ). I don't think the price point is an issue, as Rinkuhero has noted many times half price doesn't equal double sales.
EGE: Yoyo | GMC | Roket | Game Jolt

#25 Mince

Mince

GMC Member

• 70 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 08:02 AM

Trust me, it is DEFINATLEY worth the money.

Every penny.

All the games are awesome (far! ;)), the secrets are even better and the graphics are simplistic and effective

8.0/10
with great lol,

"i'm fattie magatti, and i live by my own rules. i am unlike skinny mabinni, who lives by the governments rules. also, he is very skinny."

that was funny, bubba, you're supposed to laugh.
bubba: OK BOSS, UH HUH HUH HUH HUHHHH!!!!
-razourik

#26 Pinpickle

Pinpickle

Abscure Programmer

• GMC Member
  • 1353 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 01:03 AM

Hows the update coming along? What can we expect in it?

The update with the new demo will be coming very, very soon.
There are 30 new levels, 10 of which will be in the demo.
Posted Image
Cool new objects like bombs.
Posted Image
A brand new gameplay area, space!
Posted Image
And to top it all off, a brand new level editor that can take all of these new things and make a level of any size.
That's right, massive levels.

But, to play Devil's Advocate, the role of the demo is to convince the consumer the purchase is worthwhile. Saying that the other two modes would be effectively "given away" if included in a demo doesn't say much for how much they add to the overall package.

People come to expect different things from commercial games than they do from freeware. To put it bluntly, people become tightarses. At the end of the day all the consumer has to judge the game is the demo and the screenshot material to judge the game on. What seems to be the general consensus is that there isn't enough polished, enticing content visable to justify a purchase.

All of that said, judging from my point of view (no purchase) so far it's an admirable effort, although I believe it's a few updates in both quantity and quality away from what I'd call commercial quality (although the hot and cold clusterfudge that is the iPhone market really has destroyed my quality compass for indie commercial games :o ). I don't think the price point is an issue, as Rinkuhero has noted many times half price doesn't equal double sales.

Thanks for your opinion on the game. I promise I will try to find a way to put the other games into the demo.
I just hope it doesn't put people off the game more, because I'm thinking 30 seconds of easy mode in Long, and 5 days of Far.
Which isn't very much.

Trust me, it is DEFINATLEY worth the money.

Every penny.

All the games are awesome (far! :)), the secrets are even better and the graphics are simplistic and effective

8.0/10

Thanks for your opinion, Mince. It's good to see what the people who have actually played the full version think of it.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#27 TheMordeus

TheMordeus

The Dark Lady

• GMC Member
  • 1540 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 01:27 AM

After playing through the demo, Im a bit divided. While I like the concept, it provided little to no challenge whatsoever. Even if its like you stated, that the rest of the game will change that, you should definately have had some more challenging levels in the demo, if you wish to attract people into buying it. What was in the demo could easily be summed up in three or so levels, so you should work alittle on the design and progression.

Also;

You'll finish it in about 10 or so minutes and it does not to the full game any justice.
The full version is much better.

Thats not a very good thing to say :) A demo should represent the quality of a full game, otherwise it wont do you any good. I realize that you dont want to give away all the features, but you should definately let the user try some more features. Just enough to get them hooked and realize that potential.

Here is a really good article about Gameplay progression thats great for anyone doin game design to read:

http://www.gamasutra.../lopez_01.shtml

Good luck with the game!
Posted Image

#28 Pinpickle

Pinpickle

Abscure Programmer

• GMC Member
  • 1353 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 09:07 PM

After playing through the demo, Im a bit divided. While I like the concept, it provided little to no challenge whatsoever. Even if its like you stated, that the rest of the game will change that, you should definately have had some more challenging levels in the demo, if you wish to attract people into buying it. What was in the demo could easily be summed up in three or so levels, so you should work alittle on the design and progression.

Also;

You'll finish it in about 10 or so minutes and it does not to the full game any justice.
The full version is much better.

Thats not a very good thing to say :whistle: A demo should represent the quality of a full game, otherwise it wont do you any good. I realize that you dont want to give away all the features, but you should definately let the user try some more features. Just enough to get them hooked and realize that potential.

Here is a really good article about Gameplay progression thats great for anyone doin game design to read:

http://www.gamasutra.../lopez_01.shtml

Good luck with the game!

Looking back at all that, I realized how much I was putting people off the game.
I have released the new demo, featuring a little bit of all of the 3 games and the new Many update.

Demo

The demo is the first 10 levels of classic mode, and the first 10 levels of advanced mode of Many. So that's 20 levels. You don't have the level editor.
It also has easy mode of Long and a 10 day game of Far.
You get the "low quality soundtrack", mainly to lower the size. But listening to that oh-so awesome soundtrack is another reason to buy the full version.

NOTE The full version of Launch with the new 30 levels of Many hasn't been released yet, so if you don't want to download the game twice, wait a little while.

Have fun with the demo!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#29 Dr. Watz0n

Dr. Watz0n

The Best Doctor

• 351 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 08:00 AM

Not too bad of a game. While I found the music somewhat annoying and loud, the rest of the game was good and well designed. The only gripe I have is not being able to press "enter" to go to the next day. I was forced to use the mouse even though it wasn't needed for the rest of the game.

#30 Kamina

Kamina

Game Maker

• 212 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 09:16 AM

New demo was nice. Still waiting to get money into my paypal ;/
Good work, once again.

#31 Pinpickle

Pinpickle

Abscure Programmer

• GMC Member
  • 1353 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 10:46 PM

Okay, I've updated the full version so you can get all of that extra content now.
Have fun!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#32 Pinpickle

Pinpickle

Abscure Programmer

• GMC Member
  • 1353 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 11:08 PM

Hrm, 10 days without a post.
I do believe it's ready for a bump.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#33 TwilightPrincess2009

TwilightPrincess2009

GMC Member

• 218 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 06:42 PM

I liked it very much, especially Many!

The game offers a lot of variety and has great physics.

One thing I don't understand though is why a new program is executed when you play Many :whistle:

Tip: maybe you should upload your game to Yoyogames, then more people will play it.

#34 Pinpickle

Pinpickle

Abscure Programmer

• GMC Member
  • 1353 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 11:59 PM

I liked it very much, especially Many!

The game offers a lot of variety and has great physics.

One thing I don't understand though is why a new program is executed when you play Many :whistle:

Tip: maybe you should upload your game to Yoyogames, then more people will play it.

Thanks for that! Many is the my personal favourite and many other's too.

I use GMPhysics for Many, which is very unpredictable when running in GM7, so I had to put it in GM6 and vista convert every time I updated.
Only a couple of annoyances from doing that (minus Roket-Games support, opening it, having to recode achievements)

Maybe I should upload it to YYG...

Posted Image
Posted Image

#35 Schyler

Schyler

Noskcirderf Derf

• GMC Member
  • 2680 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 05:28 AM

The new demo is great Pinpickle, and I hope you make the profit you deserve from the commercial sector.

I wish you all the best.

Regards,
-Schyler-

#36 Aertcz

Aertcz

Aleksander

• GMC Member
  • 1660 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 08:39 PM

-First off, let me say the two links you provided which weren't YoYoGames had .zip files which were corrupt.
-I did manage to download the game from YoYo Games.
-The Help option in the Main Menu wasn't very helpful. You could have just re-worded it to say "Go **** Yourself"
-I didn't understand what I was even supposed to do for a while
-The interface in the game blew
-The graphics were unimpressive

Regardless I've seen many games like this before, except much higher quality and for free. With non-commercial games on the GMC like Iji, An Untitled Story, etc., how do you plan to sell your game without asking for money from people at gunpoint? I don't care if the Full Version unlocks features, the demo clearly told me that I can find much better freeware titles elsewhere.

Also, have you asked the creators of ultracrypt, netread, etc. for permission to use their files in a commercial product?
Posted Image

#37 Hach-Que

Hach-Que

RoketGames Admin

• 1490 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:43 PM

-First off, let me say the two links you provided which weren't YoYoGames had .zip files which were corrupt.

Oops, that was my fault (via enabling GZip compression on the site). Download links should be working again.

#38 Pinpickle

Pinpickle

Abscure Programmer

• GMC Member
  • 1353 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 08:44 AM

-The Help option in the Main Menu wasn't very helpful. You could have just re-worded it to say "Go **** Yourself"
-I didn't understand what I was even supposed to do for a while
-The interface in the game blew
-The graphics were unimpressive

Regardless I've seen many games like this before, except much higher quality and for free. With non-commercial games on the GMC like Iji, An Untitled Story, etc., how do you plan to sell your game without asking for money from people at gunpoint? I don't care if the Full Version unlocks features, the demo clearly told me that I can find much better freeware titles elsewhere.

Also, have you asked the creators of ultracrypt, netread, etc. for permission to use their files in a commercial product?

Harsh words, but all very true.
I know that I've got some way to go before I get my hands on a really good commercial product that has everything it needs to have.
But, we all have to start somewhere.

Yes, to most of the extent I have.
I don't even know why netread is in there... I don't use it at all (not for the online highscores).

Thanks for the advice.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#39 cogexmod5

cogexmod5

GMC Member

• 183 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 03:41 AM

Pretty good, but it probably wont sell too much. needs A LOT more content...
Want to be a paid multiplayer programmer for Cogex? Click here.

#40 DanRedux

DanRedux

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1404 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 03:51 AM

I have purchased this game many weeks ago.

It's sheer simplicity makes it a game I still open every now and then, to relax.

However, the news about Roket-Games being shut down is very saddening.

#41 Pinpickle

Pinpickle

Abscure Programmer

• GMC Member
  • 1353 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:38 AM

Due to Roket-Games shutting down, giving me no medium to sell from, and the fact this game has been out for two years and has given me almost no money, Launch is free now!
First post has more information.

Posted Image
Posted Image