Glen

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 841 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 12 December 2009 - 07:04 PM

Axe Engine

Posted Image
This engine uses a ragdoll effect to create a nice fighting engine. It features motion planning on the rotation
of the weapon and creates body gestures to go with the movements. I've also added a collision system.
Anything that the weapon hits is destroyed "only" when you swing downward in the slash, or when you thrust
forward in the stab. This allows the weapon to touch objects and do damage to them "only" when you attack it,
rather than whenever the two objects touch.

Posted Image

Credits:
Glen - Ragdolls, Axe Motion Planning, and collisions
NoodleNog - smooth rotation script
Mordi - wobble script

Glitches:
-There's no head. I know. I didn't make one. The example is not about the head.

Edited by Glen, 13 December 2009 - 05:11 AM.

Avic Pro (Work in Progress):
Portable media manager. Just pop in your usb drive and use Avic Pro to organize and present all of your media content in categories. On top of that, it makes handling portable games, software, and other utilities a breeze. It allows you to launch just about any of your media content quickly and efficiently from your system tray. No more long paths to finding content.
Savage Defence| Text FX | Ragdoll Axe Engine | Professionalism | Online Games | Game Progression | 3D Game Development | Online Anti-Hack Strategies

#2 kv.v

kv.v

GMC Member

• 95 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 05:08 AM

Very cool :P but complecated :P
i have a very original signature

#3 Newly Discovered

Newly Discovered

Harmonious Genius

• GMC Member
  • 2475 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 22 December 2009 - 07:23 AM

I love it! it's the exact thing I'm working on but it's so complex when you're animating with variables...manual changes etc.
if only there was an easier way.

congrats on an awesome example, and thanks.

poof_sig.png

#4 Glen

Glen

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 841 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 03:35 AM

Thanks, yea hopefully I'll get this engine optimized and simplify it some more. I'm trying to make an engine that can easily be implemented into any game with accurate movements and swinging effects. If I make another version it will include walking movements. Possibly in the form of a platformer.
Portable media manager. Just pop in your usb drive and use Avic Pro to organize and present all of your media content in categories. On top of that, it makes handling portable games, software, and other utilities a breeze. It allows you to launch just about any of your media content quickly and efficiently from your system tray. No more long paths to finding content.
Savage Defence| Text FX | Ragdoll Axe Engine | Professionalism | Online Games | Game Progression | 3D Game Development | Online Anti-Hack Strategies

#5 Alienpunisher10

Alienpunisher10

Blue X Gaming

• GMC Member
  • 636 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 12:25 AM

Dear God, this is really good. This example must have 8/10 for it

STREAK Progression : ||||||||||
Actually, STREAK is out but it's not the time to goes public yet :)
Need Fake 3d Frets and Notes ! PM Me with your work !
STREAK Needs YOU

#6 Xzaldar

Xzaldar

GMC Member

• 48 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 28 January 2010 - 11:46 PM

Can you make a lite version please?
Currently making: Cakeman
i am older than I was a few years back(obviously ;p), I look back at my posts and games and think: "What was I thinking?"

#7 Glen

Glen

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 841 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 12:39 AM

Can you make a lite version please?

Not possible. It uses pro version features to accomplish the effect.