• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Mr.Chubigans

Mr.Chubigans

Hot, Sexy Gila Mobster

• GMC Member
  • 509 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 01:38 AM

Note: I could really use some voting support in the 2BeeGames competition! Just vote for Kablooey! in the right hand side:
http://www.2beegames.com/

Thanks for your vote!!
:(

---

In just a few short hours, the President is set to give his big speech in our small city. But the problem is we've been desperately trying to tear down a building near the speech site that’s a hazard, eyesore, and quite honestly could collapse at any moment. Gah, there's hardly any time to get the city ready for the President’s visit! Quick, combine items around the city and try to find a way to tear down that building...and while you’re at it, maybe you could fix up a few things around this city too?

Screenshots:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Trailer and download link:
http://www.2beegames.../game/kablooey-
or http://www.yoyogames...mes/show/103818

Thanks and enjoy!

Edited by Mr.Chubigans, 24 November 2009 - 03:13 PM.

#2 lol23

lol23

GMC Member

• 955 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 02:43 AM

Amazing game!!! Everything is perfect, very well polished and it looks professional! I'm at a loss of words...I can't believe this was made with Game Maker. :(
Keep up the excellent work, this game should win. You've got my vote.
Boxes "one of the best games ever created with Game Maker"
"I love it! Absolutely amazing.", "fun, addicting, and it never gets old", "...a masterpiece", "My friends...and I are all addicted."
"Nice, simple concept", "one of the best GM games I've ever played", "You should change the font to something else than Arial"
"This games insane!", "I did not enjoy this game...This is nothing more than a flashy version of the flash game Avalanche"
"I really enjoyed this game", "Great concept, perfect graphics and music, perfectly executed gameplay, and TONS of replay value"
"awesome game", "Splendid game", "excellent job"

#3 Keiferr

Keiferr

iProgram

• 378 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 07:17 AM

Pretty awesome game. Quality really seems to follow your games around.

I didn't end up playing till the end, because I got fed up. I don't think the game rewards the player enough, as I hated losing the items that I put together.

And there's some places where I couldn't exit out of the game, like when a level was over. That was another gripe.

Overall, well done and goodluck in the comp.

#4 LostOverThere

LostOverThere

Super Ugly Ruber duck

• GMC Member
  • 243 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 01:25 PM

Awesome, awesome work. I voted, but I hope other people do too. It's nice to see some originality these days. :(

Edited by LostOverThere, 20 November 2009 - 01:26 PM.

#5 Mr.Chubigans

Mr.Chubigans

Hot, Sexy Gila Mobster

• GMC Member
  • 509 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 03:13 PM

Hooray, I made the finals in the 2beegames competition! I just need your vote one last time, even if you have already voted. Thanks!!

#6 LostOverThere

LostOverThere

Super Ugly Ruber duck

• GMC Member
  • 243 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 05:32 AM

Congratulations on making it into the finals. I really hope you can get enough votes to win ::lmao::

Good Luck

#7 Spaceoff

Spaceoff

Orbital Debris

• GMC Member
  • 788 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 25 November 2009 - 07:53 AM

Congratulations indeed, you deserve to win this one.
Because this game is awesome.
Didn't notice you posted this on the Game Maker Community though.

#8 dadio

dadio

Potato King

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 2740 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 08:02 AM

Nice game.
You got my vote all rounds including the latest one as well ::lmao::...
& I think you deserve the cash to help creat more original games!

(Tbh, I think the other games in the Comp are pretty lame - competition was *alot* tougher in 2BeeComp1 imo).

Yours is the best there anyway!
(I *really* hope that vector one desn`t clinch it, cos it`s just such a simple/unoriginal game). :D

AczgxAZ.png5aj9t5.jpg

#9 Aski

Aski

GMC Member

• 36 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 04:23 PM

I want to say that this is a wonderful game, and I hope that you win the community favorite prize at least!
Good luck! :)

#10 icuurd12b42

icuurd12b42

Self Formed Sentient

• GMC Elder
  • 18181 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 04:42 PM

The game has potential, good luck with it. I think it has serious short comings related to complexity, information overflow and lack of gradual introduction to the concept, akin to teaching someone how to add then jumping to complex algebraic equations. xot explains this quite well on gmljoint and on the other thread "asking for votes" on the gmc.

gmcbanner.pnggmcbanner_tools.png

ICU Live Tutoring Through Slack or Skype | My Tools Page follow.png

I FRANTICALLY MADE MY 18000 POST TOPIC BEFORE MIKE ANNOUNCED A DELAY...
Now I'm squirming not to hit that reply button

#11 Adr3nalin3

Adr3nalin3

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 357 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 05:22 PM

Gah, I can't play the game coz it freezes during load. =/

Posted Image
Remember, everybody on the GMC is here to help you, NOT to make you your game.

#12 icuurd12b42

icuurd12b42

Self Formed Sentient

• GMC Elder
  • 18181 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 08:43 PM

The game would be much more enjoyable if it was more progressive. Instead of 60 seconds to figure everything out, maybe 5-minutes... You state that when you hit continue the items combined will remain combined, except for the first continue. That is not true. I have the same items to combine everytime I hit continue. Your game is impossible. You have 100+ things to generate acording to the list. that is 200 find and clicks in 120 seconds. SO I have to figure 2 combinations click them, each in less than 1 second...

Edited by icuurd12b42, 29 November 2009 - 08:44 PM.

gmcbanner.pnggmcbanner_tools.png

ICU Live Tutoring Through Slack or Skype | My Tools Page follow.png

I FRANTICALLY MADE MY 18000 POST TOPIC BEFORE MIKE ANNOUNCED A DELAY...
Now I'm squirming not to hit that reply button

#13 stuff.and.co

stuff.and.co

GMC Member

• 10 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 05:39 PM

I think the game would be way better if it saved the objectives you have completed already, instead of having to repeat everything all over again. It gets boring to fail the third time without discovering anything new.

#14 weckar

weckar

Helping Hand

• GMC Member
  • 2616 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 20 December 2009 - 10:31 AM

I can't figure out how to fuel the fires, or how to paint the company... Those (and Booming the building) are my final objectives...
Just had my 10-year forum anniversary. Feeling - Even - Older.
Awards & Recognitions:
Spoiler

[I have a nasty habit of writing "it is" simply as "it". Please forgive me, I try to avoid it.]

#15 WillShattuck

WillShattuck

GMC Member

• 33 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 11:02 PM

I like this game, but there isn't enough time to combine items. I think it would be much more fun if there were more than "one hour" to complete the objectives. THe second stage starts at 11:00 AM so it would be much better if the first stage went from 7:00 AM until 11:00 AM. That would give 4 minutes or so to complete the objectives, and then another 4 minutes for the much larger list. Unfortunately I can't play this game any longer as there isn't enough time to make the combinations. I also have to recombine the First Hour boxes in order to mark that stage as complete every time I start the game over. That kind of conflicts with the instructions that say all items will stay combined.

It's a nice game. I would like more time.

Thanks.

#16 Hookhandedman

Hookhandedman

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 239 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 03:23 AM

That kind of conflicts with the instructions that say all items will stay combined.

Noooo he means that if you complete an objective or create something on the master list, they will stay checked off on your lists, but will be disassembled when you start from the first hour again, so you can create different things with the same objects.

If you've played Majora's Mask, it's like that. You start the time period over, but you keep a personal list of the items you have.

Edited by Hookhandedman, 03 June 2010 - 03:24 AM.

#17 mr.hey

mr.hey

GMC Member

• 112 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 10:16 AM

AWESOME! I LIKE THE GAME VERY MUCH~ =3
SpeederXP, powerful speed hack software!
Buy one, get one FREE now!

#18 Hookhandedman

Hookhandedman

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 239 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 10:50 PM

So ahh, does anyone know how to fix the broken package?

#19 weckar

weckar

Helping Hand

• GMC Member
  • 2616 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 05 June 2010 - 11:30 PM

You don't, you cushion it so it doesn't break.
Just had my 10-year forum anniversary. Feeling - Even - Older.
Awards & Recognitions:
Spoiler

[I have a nasty habit of writing "it is" simply as "it". Please forgive me, I try to avoid it.]

#20 Hookhandedman

Hookhandedman

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 239 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 03:29 PM

You don't, you cushion it so it doesn't break.

Ahh, thanks! I was trying to cushion the package, rather than the object itself.

#21 Ninetailz

Ninetailz

Programmer

• GMC Member
  • 313 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 03:23 AM

It's good, and I don't really have a problem with the time, just the time inbetween the actual object combining. Having to wait on the fancy animations, and have everything spin around and whatnot for about 30 seconds just so I can move on to another minute of gameplay, and then wait, after that minute, you have to wait for about 2 minutes for everything to get past the main menu, back into the first list (That you just showed me 30 seconds ago) and then I have to wait 3 MORE seconds for the minute to start.

It feels like I'm waiting to play more than I'm actually playing, which isn't... very... fun. Other than that, it's a cool game, it's very unique, it's just... impossible to play for very long, due to the tedious time inbetween.

Posted Image