• GMC Member
  • 59 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 03:00 AM

Orbs Tower Defence

Posted Image

Posted Image

Translated from plain spanish
[The Gameplay]

In this little game of Tower defence, you must stop all the enemies you can before reaching your precious crystal that provides power to your orbs and to do so, you will have to summon one of the 4 basic element orbs to help yourself. Each orb is unique among the others, choose them wisley because they are your key to victory.

There are unlimited waves, each one harder than before. Last as long as you can.

[The Enemies]

*Slime: The basic type of enemy. It can be easly killed with any tower.
*Arachna: A giant spider enemy. They are really fast so slow inducing orb are recommended.
*Snail: A slow walking snail, they have a shell that makes them hard to kill. High and damage orbs are recommended
*Rock golem: They appear every 10 wave, and are fast and tough to kill. Be prepared beforehand.

[The 4 Elemental Orbs]

Fire orb: Using the power of fire, you can burn your enemies into ashes. This orb have a decent damage output, normal range and somewhat slow firing speed. This orb have the unique ability to "Splash" the damage to nearby enemies.

Water orb: Cold water is used to attack the enemies, making them die of freeze. This orb have a low damage output, normal range and normal firing speed. This orb have the unique ability to slow down enemies.

Earth orb: Giant chunks of solid rock is thrown to the enemy, squashing them like ants. This orb have a High damage onput, Good range and awful firing speed.

Wind orb: Using the power of wind, it creates violent explosions out of tin air. This orb have a awful damage output, Low range and Excellent firing speed.

[Upgrades]

You will have the option to upgrade your orbs to a most powerful one for the price of some money. Some orbs benefit more than others from upgrades, so its not a smart choice to upgrade a single tower to its maximun level (5) early on.

[The Fusion system]

The fusion system lets you combine two DIFFERENT orbs into a brand new one. Fused orbs start as Lvl 0 orbs and cannot be combined with other orbs. Fused orbs will share the abilites of the parent orbs, meaning that if you fuse a fire orb with a wind orb, you'll get a fast firing orb, with better damage output and splash damage.

To combine orbs, you will have to select the orb where the fused orb will be placed at, then click on the fusion button and select the second orb. fusion cost no money.

Controls:

*Use your mouse to select, buy, place and upgrade the orbs.
*Space Key to advance by one wave
*F4 to change Fullscreen/windowed
*Esc to exit

Link to download:
http://www.box.net/shared/y4cgf81vb3

The game is still on development, i want to know your opinios about it, if its fun, what it needs to be changed, ideas for the game play and stuff like that. Thankyou for downloading it and have fun :lol:

Edited by Homeroe, 13 February 2010 - 02:47 AM.

My games:

#2 Homeroe

Homeroe

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 59 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 05:20 AM

I updated the game.

Now it has 2 more paths to select, a title screen, a score system and diferent types of enemies.

Please, report any bugs you may find.
My games:

#3 Homeroe

Homeroe

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 59 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 02:48 AM

Minor update.

Added some graphical effects, tweaked some monster's values and added some more sound files. Also changed the link, coz Hostforfood died
My games:

#4 Obj_Control

Obj_Control

GM Mentor

• 2561 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 04:46 AM

It's about time the merging concept was properly used in a tower defense game! It was really good, but I'd replace the graphics, as they are misleading. (They make your game look bad.) I got an error when merging a fire tower with a rock tower.

#5 Homeroe

Homeroe

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 59 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 09:48 AM

It's about time the merging concept was properly used in a tower defense game! It was really good, but I'd replace the graphics, as they are misleading. (They make your game look bad.) I got an error when merging a fire tower with a rock tower.

Well, i had this idea of fusing elements for quite a while and made this game out of it. What kind of error did you got?

Also, i may update the graphics if i improve on my spriting skills (Thar are pretty crappy right now) :D .
My games:

#6 Obj_Control

Obj_Control

GM Mentor

• 2561 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 07:38 PM

I can't reproduce the error, but it said something about a missing object I think.

#7 iluvfuz

iluvfuz

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1452 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 13 February 2010 - 07:46 PM

Fusion feels more like a gimmick than a gameplay or strategic element to me, but it's still a unique concept to have in a tower defense. Good job! Everything ran well for me, no errors.