#1 Jono20201

Jono20201

GMVision Team

• GMC Member
  • 236 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 08:21 PM

Posted Image
GMLive

If you want a game, website, team request por anything else game-maker related advertised in the show then email gmlive@gmvision.tv with a 10-30 second MP3 or Wav file. FREE

Next show: 13th Febuary 10, Time: 11:00AM EST (4:00PM GMT)

GMLive is a game maker radio, we produce shows on the 1st and 3rd saturday every month. With a range of content from game review to live Q&A with special guests.
We also accept live calls! You can ring us (In the UK) from 020-3286-6783 or you can e-mail us at gmlive@gmvision.tv with your name, country and phone number. We can only call lanlines (except US, Chinese mobiles). Or you can add GameMakerLive to your skype contacts list.

Thanks to all who listened to our shows.

Archives: http://gmlive.org/in...hp?act=archives

Been banned from chat un-fairly?
Then email us with your reason! - gmlive@gmvision.tv

#2 Revel

Revel

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɔɯƃ

• GMC Member
  • 4935 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 02 October 2009 - 09:51 PM

So basically you now have weekly video shows, monthly(?) "full" episodes, and now a weekly radio show?

*sigh*

#3 KC LC

KC LC

Ex-Administrator

• GMC Elder
  • 5309 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 10:50 PM

We normally don't allow members to announce "upcoming projects". We insist they post their magazine/video/website first, and then announce it.

But since you're announcing a "live event", your early announcement seems fine. And I know you'll do your very best to insure this event takes place as scheduled. Right? Nothing short of a fatal heart attack will be a legitimate excuse for canceling/delaying.

Anyway, this sounds fun. I hope you're prepared for the high listener volume I expect you'll get.
Geometricks 3D Rendering Demo / In Silico 3D Kinematics Simulation
Warped Space 3D Gravity Simulation / Surface Explorer Animated Surface Demo
Oscilloscope Animated Lissajous Figures

Featured Games at YoYo: Drop in the Bucket, Tut's Test(3rd place competition winner)

Older games at: Flying Banjo Games

#4 Caniac

Caniac

The #1 Caniac

• 2622 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 02:58 AM

So basically you now have weekly video shows, monthly(?) "full" episodes, and now a weekly radio show?

*sigh*

you got a problem with that :)?
The full episodes are not monthly, they are just whenever.
I bet you can't wait till we get our magazine out?

We normally don't allow members to announce "upcoming projects". We insist they post their magazine/video/website first, and then announce it.

But since you're announcing a "live event", your early announcement seems fine. And I know you'll do your very best to insure this event takes place as scheduled. Right? Nothing short of a fatal heart attack will be a legitimate excuse for canceling/delaying.

Anyway, this sounds fun. I hope you're prepared for the high listener volume I expect you'll get.

Oh we are sure it will happen. Yeah, I know people usually arn't allowed to announce their stuff (thats why I PMed you, remember?)
I am hoping for a large turnout.

We want to remind people that we will be having a live Chat room on our site for people to talk in during the show.

-Caniac

#5 randydrew6

randydrew6

GMC Member

• 389 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 03:15 AM

how do you get your game in the show?

#6 LarsonCreativity

LarsonCreativity

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 451 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 03 October 2009 - 03:16 AM

Yea, I had that feeling as well for the first little bit of reading. I read it over again, and I'm impressed, because if anything I have to admire your ambition. Here are some words of advice. Just because your going on live, you should still practice your speaking and script. One more thing, please remember you are LIVE, and basically everything you will say will be heard. Other than that, have fun.

I hope you're prepared for the high listener volume I expect you'll get.

I marked my calender.
LarsonCreativity

#7 Jono20201

Jono20201

GMVision Team

• GMC Member
  • 236 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 10:29 AM

email gmlive@gmvision.tv

I marked my calender.

Lets just hope Robin's server can handle the demand :)

#8 Caniac

Caniac

The #1 Caniac

• 2622 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 01:29 PM

email Posted Image

I marked my calender.

Lets just hope Robin's server can handle the demand :)

Yes, thats always a good idea to hope that -_-
It supposed to be able to take the demand though, so we shouldn't have any problems.

If you are sure you will call in, can you please post saying so, so we know about how many people will call?

Edited by Caniac, 04 October 2009 - 01:47 PM.

#9 KC LC

KC LC

Ex-Administrator

• GMC Elder
  • 5309 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 03:11 PM

If you are sure you will call in, can you please post saying so, so we know about how many people will call?

No, please don't do that. It's not really fair to use this topic for an "audience tally". Members can just PM you, or one of your co-hosts.
Geometricks 3D Rendering Demo / In Silico 3D Kinematics Simulation
Warped Space 3D Gravity Simulation / Surface Explorer Animated Surface Demo
Oscilloscope Animated Lissajous Figures

Featured Games at YoYo: Drop in the Bucket, Tut's Test(3rd place competition winner)

Older games at: Flying Banjo Games

#10 Caniac

Caniac

The #1 Caniac

• 2622 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 03:38 PM

No, please don't do that. It's not really fair to use this topic for an "audience tally". Members can just PM you, or one of your co-hosts.

Okay.
if a member is sure he/she can call in, please post on our blog post for the show content (a few days before each show we will post, showing the content for the upcoming show, and you can post that you will be calling in there.)

#11 Jono20201

Jono20201

GMVision Team

• GMC Member
  • 236 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 06:40 PM

Hey,

If you would like to be on the show please PM me or Caniac, This would help us alot for estimating numbers.

#12 Caniac

Caniac

The #1 Caniac

• 2622 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 07:29 PM

I would like to note that if anyone has any special requests for topics, or Games, please post them on our Blog, when we make the "Show Topics" topic there.

#13 Frederick

Frederick

GMC Member

• 374 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 08:21 PM

I personally don't think that's it's going to be as successful as your GMVision show. But it's going to be interesting -_-

#14 Caniac

Caniac

The #1 Caniac

• 2622 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 08:24 PM

I personally don't think that's it's going to be as successful as your GMVision show. But it's going to be interesting -_-

Its only as successful as people make it. If no one ever listens, and no one ever calls in, yeah, it will probably go under. On the other hand, if we get lots of listeners and lots of views, we will probably keep it going.

#15 Frederick

Frederick

GMC Member

• 374 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 08:27 PM

What I'm saying is that many people might not have time!

Your GMVision show has a PAUSE button on it. So when someone has to go do something it can be paused and continued later. You can't do that with the radio show unless you are going to record each broadcast and put it up for download so people that missed the show can download and listen.

Edited by Frederick, 05 October 2009 - 08:29 PM.

#16 Caniac

Caniac

The #1 Caniac

• 2622 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 08:30 PM

You can't do that with the radio show unless you are going to record each broadcast and put it up for download so people that missed the show can download and listen.

some people don't ever read announcements do they? I would appreciate it if you would look before you post next time -_-

I hope you can make it on the 10th, if not we will be uploading a recorded version later!

(and that applies for all the live shows)

Edited by Caniac, 05 October 2009 - 08:31 PM.

#17 Simple-games

Simple-games

GMC Member

• 400 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 08:46 PM

Sounds interesting I'll have to check it out. Oh wait, 11 AM? That's 10 AM for me. Are you crazy I don't get up that early! But I'll have to email my game, Zombie City for the show (it should be finished by tomorrow).

And will you guys post the show like on youtube or something for people who want to watch it later on?

Posted Image
Massive RPG platformer!
Play here

#18 TerraFriedSheep

TerraFriedSheep

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3273 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 05 October 2009 - 08:49 PM

Yea I'm having trouble finding out exacty what time "Eastern" is... I assume this is an American time-zone, so I'm guessing roughly 5-8 hours behind here, so time should be fine for me- can anyone confirm the time difference to GMT?

#19 ThatSnail

ThatSnail

That Guy

• GMC Member
  • 1036 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 08:55 PM

A live radio show? Like, the tune-into-a-channel-and-listen stuff?

...you do know what you're getting yourself into, right?

I mean by all means what you're doing is amazing, but it's much more than just talking. And then imagine a radio show based on games. Game design can be interesting, but I can't imagine how you'd put it in audio form and retain it's awesomeness. What I'm trying to say is you can't really describe the wonderful graphics of a game without showing it. You can't describe the sound effects without streaming them. You can't describe how interactive it is, or how long it is, or how stable or fluid or extensive it is without playing it. That's why most games are advertised via trailers.

Anyways, however it ends up, I wish you the best of luck. :rolleyes:

@Soulsnatcher: It's GMT -5.

#20 pgg

pgg

GMC Member

• 321 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 08:57 PM

And will you guys post the show like on youtube or something for people who want to watch it later on?

It is audio only and they have already said that they will post it online for playback afterwards :rolleyes:

#21 TerraFriedSheep

TerraFriedSheep

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3273 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 08:59 PM

Thanks, I'm going to try and tune into this almost historic event just to see how it turns out.

#22 jalb

jalb

Joshua Brookover

• GMC Member
  • 629 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 09:01 PM

I'm excited to see how this is going to work out, though I probably won't join in. Just listen.

For those of you confused about the timezones, the show will start at 3:30:00 PM (GMT), aka 15:30:00 (GMT). Take your timezone (ex. mine is -6) and add/subtract from that time. 15-6=9. So 9:30.

#23 Simple-games

Simple-games

GMC Member

• 400 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 09:05 PM

It is audio only and they have already said that they will post it online for playback afterwards :rolleyes:

Audios can be played on youtube. And oh I didn't see that.

Posted Image
Massive RPG platformer!
Play here

#24 DPoole

DPoole

KwikLook Editor

• 188 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 09:09 PM

I'm excited to see how this is going to work out, though I probably won't join in. Just listen.

For those of you confused about the timezones, the show will start at 3:30:00 PM (GMT), aka 15:30:00 (GMT). Take your timezone (ex. mine is -6) and add/subtract from that time. 15-6=9. So 9:30.

Yes, so in the UK, it will start at 16:30, because it's currently British Summer Time (BST).

Will there be a live comment thread so we can post our thoughts and feedback throughout the show?

Edited by DPoole, 05 October 2009 - 09:12 PM.

#25 Caniac

Caniac

The #1 Caniac

• 2622 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 09:11 PM

Wow, this topic just exploded in about 15 minutes!

Sounds interesting I'll have to check it out. Oh wait, 11 AM? That's 10 AM for me. Are you crazy I don't get up that early! But I'll have to email my game, Zombie City for the show (it should be finished by tomorrow).

Yes, like I said before, we will be uploading archives of all the episodes.

Yea I'm having trouble finding out exacty what time "Eastern" is... I assume this is an American time-zone, so I'm guessing roughly 5-8 hours behind here, so time should be fine for me- can anyone confirm the time difference to GMT?

thats -5 GMT. (Eastern time standard).

A live radio show? Like, the tune-into-a-channel-and-listen stuff?

...you do know what you're getting yourself into, right?

I mean by all means what you're doing is amazing, but it's much more than just talking. And then imagine a radio show based on games. Game design can be interesting, but I can't imagine how you'd put it in audio form and retain it's awesomeness. What I'm trying to say is you can't really describe the wonderful graphics of a game without showing it. You can't describe the sound effects without streaming them. You can't describe how interactive it is, or how long it is, or how stable or fluid or extensive it is without playing it. That's why most games are advertised via trailers.

Anyways, however it ends up, I wish you the best of luck. ::lmao::

Yes, we know what were getting into ;)
its going to be about reviews, news, games, and all sorts of GM Related stuff.

thats right.

Thanks, I'm going to try and tune into this almost historic event just to see how it turns out.

glad you'll be there ;)

thats fine, for those of you who just want to listen, we want to remind you there is a text chat as well ;)

<snip>
Audios can be played on youtube. And oh I didn't see that.

we may archive some on youtube, and again, we may not.

@DPoole:
Yes, or for those of us that use a 12-hour clock, 4:00 PM.

Edited by Caniac, 05 October 2009 - 09:11 PM.

#26 Frederick

Frederick

GMC Member

• 374 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 06:50 AM

some people don't ever read announcements do they? I would appreciate it if you would look before you post next time ::lmao::

Sorry I didn't see that. When I first read about GMLive I was very tired. Now that I am awake... :rolleyes:

#27 scoz

scoz

GMC Member

• 464 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 08:40 AM

I was glad to see the phrase "Free Music" on your site... care to share where you're getting your tracks from?
EGE: Yoyo | GMC | Roket | Game Jolt

#28 Caniac

Caniac

The #1 Caniac

• 2622 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 09:11 AM

some people don't ever read announcements do they? I would appreciate it if you would look before you post next time ::lmao::

Sorry I didn't see that. When I first read about GMLive I was very tired. Now that I am awake... :rolleyes:

thats always good. Yeah, it was mainy a reminder to everyone incase they thought I wasn't clear enough ;P

I was glad to see the phrase "Free Music" on your site... care to share where you're getting your tracks from?

most likely the Newgrounds Audio Portal. We will also most likley be linking to most of the songs we play.

#29 siper games

siper games

SLAM Games Team

• GMC Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 11:36 AM

This sounds pretty interesting! I just did some math, and where I live, the show would be on at 10PM, so I will most probably be able to listen! (If I remember!) But I have a game that is finished, and I might send it to you so you could review it! I haven't posted it anywhere yet, but I would like to see what you think of it.

Proud member of Braingale, http://braingale.net/forum/index.php, Creations:
Super Chicken , Kofu and Buddy , Super Chicken -Remix, Super Chicken 2 (In progress)

#30 DPoole

DPoole

KwikLook Editor

• 188 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 11:56 AM

Will there be a live comment thread so we can post our thoughts and feedback throughout the show, without the need to call in?

#31 Caniac

Caniac

The #1 Caniac

• 2622 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:11 PM

This sounds pretty interesting! I just did some math, and where I live, the show would be on at 10PM, so I will most probably be able to listen! (If I remember!) But I have a game that is finished, and I might send it to you so you could review it! I haven't posted it anywhere yet, but I would like to see what you think of it.

That'd be pretty neat. You can email it to us, or PM Jono or I.

Will there be a live comment thread so we can post our thoughts and feedback throughout the show, without the need to call in?

Yes, we will be using a live chat system that we have on our site.

#32 DPoole

DPoole

KwikLook Editor

• 188 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:12 PM

Oh, sorry. I just realised that you've added one. :rolleyes:

Don't let us down. ::lmao::

#33 Caniac

Caniac

The #1 Caniac

• 2622 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:17 PM

Oh, sorry. I just realised that you've added one. :rolleyes:

Don't let us down. ::lmao::

well, its all up to how many people listen ;)

if anyone would like an audio advertisement played part-way through the show for their site or game (or whatever) please PM me.

#34 Jono20201

Jono20201

GMVision Team

• GMC Member
  • 236 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 08:43 PM

There is 1000 slots on the streaming radio server so we shouldn't have any problem with space. We will hopfully be able to upload the recorded version by wednesday the following week at the latest.

Just 4 and a bit days to go :rolleyes:

#35 zachman

zachman

MagicMan Productions

• 212 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 09:41 PM

Interesting... never thought anyone would actually do this! :rolleyes: I'm not sure if I'll be able to listen or not, but I will if I can!

just out of curiosity, what are you guys using to stream it?

#36 Caniac

Caniac

The #1 Caniac

• 2622 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 10:06 PM

Interesting... never thought anyone would actually do this! :rolleyes: I'm not sure if I'll be able to listen or not, but I will if I can!

We are using Icecast to stream, and Audacity to record the shows. http://icecast.org/

#37 Jono20201

Jono20201

GMVision Team

• GMC Member
  • 236 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 10:30 AM

Interesting... never thought anyone would actually do this! :D I'm not sure if I'll be able to listen or not, but I will if I can!

We are using Icecast to stream, and Audacity to record the shows. http://icecast.org/

I found out my streaming software can record it, i think that'd be better.

#38 Caniac

Caniac

The #1 Caniac

• 2622 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 12:04 PM

Interesting... never thought anyone would actually do this! :D I'm not sure if I'll be able to listen or not, but I will if I can!

Ok.

We would like to note that we will also be posting/announcing each archive episode here, for members to discuss and talk more in-depth about.

#39 TerraFriedSheep

TerraFriedSheep

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3273 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 01:54 PM

I am right in thinking the link has not been issued yet?

#40 Caniac

Caniac

The #1 Caniac

• 2622 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 02:07 PM

a link for what? the episode archive?
considering that we have not started the show, there is no link.

#41 zachman

zachman

MagicMan Productions

• 212 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 02:52 PM

We are using Icecast to stream, and Audacity to record the shows.

hmm... looks like Icecast streams through shoutcast. (Which is what my dad uses for his internet radio station)

I would still use audacity as a backup :D make sure you get the lame_emc dll so you can export mp3's

#42 Caniac

Caniac

The #1 Caniac

• 2622 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 02:54 PM

hmm... looks like Icecast streams through shoutcast. (Which is what my dad uses for his internet radio station)

I would still use audacity as a backup :D make sure you get the lame_emc dll so you can export mp3's

Yeah, it does use shoutcast. I installed the lame_enc dll the first day actually (Not sure about Jono)

#43 Jono20201

Jono20201

GMVision Team

• GMC Member
  • 236 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 03:34 PM

Yeah, it does use shoutcast. I installed the lame_enc dll the first day actually (Not sure about Jono)

yeh i did.

#44 TerraFriedSheep

TerraFriedSheep

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3273 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 04:31 PM

No I mean like, the link which will go to the live show, or will there not be one until the show is actually broadcasting?

#45 Caniac

Caniac

The #1 Caniac

• 2622 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 04:40 PM

No I mean like, the link which will go to the live show, or will there not be one until the show is actually broadcasting?

go to www.gmlive.org
and click Listen

#46 Jono20201

Jono20201

GMVision Team

• GMC Member
  • 236 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 04:53 PM

The chat and flash player doesn't seem to be on the site at the moment, we are working on it.

#47 Caniac

Caniac

The #1 Caniac

• 2622 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 04:59 PM

The chat and flash player doesn't seem to be on the site at the moment, we are working on it.

For whatever reason, the site reverted its self and removed the chat box and audio player. Fortunately, I had a back up copy and it is all working fine now.

#48 Jono20201

Jono20201

GMVision Team

• GMC Member
  • 236 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 02:53 PM

For whatever reason, the site reverted its self and removed the chat box and audio player. Fortunately, I had a back up copy and it is all working fine now.

We have fixed a bug the site had with firefox so all firefox users should be able to listen on saturday.

In other news:
We are in need of a host for this Saturdays show! This is urgent as we have realized that we may not be able to cope with just two hosts.
(requirements; Skype, Good mic and can speak good English)

Read the full post here:
http://gmvision.tv/g...s-a-third-host/

Edited by Jono20201, 08 October 2009 - 03:06 PM.

#49 Caniac

Caniac

The #1 Caniac

• 2622 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 04:44 PM

Official list of show topics now posted: http://gmvision.tv/g...on-topics-2-10/
We have also chosen our two new hosts: Dan Eggers, and "Dan" (Two Dans :whistle:)

#50 siper games

siper games

SLAM Games Team

• GMC Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 02:14 AM

I sent in my beta of my game in last night, I hope it wasn't too late. But nevertheless, I look forward to listenng to the show!

Proud member of Braingale, http://braingale.net/forum/index.php, Creations:
Super Chicken , Kofu and Buddy , Super Chicken -Remix, Super Chicken 2 (In progress)