#1 Revenge

Revenge

Dr. Broccoli

• GMC Member
  • 573 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 01 October 2009 - 12:52 PM

Please read this:

This might seem like a bit of a necro-bump, but it's relevant I promise!

I don't know if any of the old players are still hanging around these parts or not, I took a pretty big break from the GMC. But if you are, what would you guys think if I remade this (or something with very similar play mechanics)? I've learned a whole bunch of new things since I started making this (it was essentially my first actual GML game, so it was bottlenecks by awful code from the beginning) and I'm slowly getting my head around online coding, so I'd love to make a crazy platform co-op+versus shooter with everything I have learned. Would anyone be interested in it, and what things would you like most changed about DGZK if it was remade from the ground up?

Thanks in advance guys, you were and awesome bunch of fans back in the day ;)

Hooray! I know, it's pretty much the most anticipated game of the year, and now it's finally here!
DEATH GRANNIES ZOMBIE KILLFEST is about a simple granny who likes saving small areas from zombie invasion for as long as she can.
It's a pixelated platform shooter, with six different arenas + the 'Muffin Defence' arena, six seven eight guns, lot's of upgrades and medications for granny, like a million* zombie types, and the zombies spawn from any peice of ground they can! And now there's 7 bosses as well! I got some cool music too, from Royalty Free (I'll credit it anyway, it's pretty good) called Rocket, by Kevin MacLeod.

The EVEN MORE Even More most recentest version is properly up now!

CONTROLS:
A/D: Left/Right.
W: Jump.
Shift: Open shop.
Left Mouse: Shoot
Right Mouse: Throw your current grenades
1-9: Hotkeys for weapons you've bought.
E and Q: Cycle through grenades.
R: Reload
A lot of people fail to realise that R is reload.

The only other important facts:
The bar at the bottom is the difficulty bar. It shows how close to the next difficulty level you are.
There are 7 bosses that appear when you reach specific scores. It is best to deal with them as fast as possible.
Grannies health regenerates if you don't get hit for a few seconds, COD-style.
Reloading on any weapon other than the pistol will cost you money!

SCREENS (REALLY old now):

The Beamerizer!
Posted Image

Rest of the screens broke on my host, sorry :(/>/>

The update log:

22nd December
-Fixed a lot of bugs with the SDW's. They SHOULD work on ALL stages now.
-Fixed some bugs with destroying the muffin in MuffinDefence.
-Added two new landmines, go have fun with them.
-As usual, some things I forgot about.

17th December
-Added the Beamerizer upgrade for the Lazorizer.
-Fixed the odd glitch here and there.
-Added more to an options menu that seems to work glitchlessly.
-Added ini file for the settings menu, now your settings are saved so you don't have to keep resetting them.
-Added SDWs. You'll see... and then you'll be like OH MY GOD THIS IS THE MOST INSANE THING IN DGZK EVER!
-I probably did something else that I forgot about, so that can go here.

7th December
-Added plasma and sticky nades
-Made boss 5 slightly less overpowered
-Made boss 6 a lot more difficult
-Added the Sentinel upgrade for the rokit launcher.
-Fixed the odd glitch here and there.
-Added an options menu that seems to work glitchlessly.
-Added a new smoke effect.

23 November
-Fixed the 'bosses getting stuck in floor' glitch
-Fixed my platforming engine, now you can't get stuck in walls(I think)
-Fixed a whole lot of errors involving 'obj_bosswords' when you die.
-Fixed a whole lot of errors when going to the shop while boss 6 is still alive.
-Added SOMETHING. Tehe.
This is about as UPDATED as it gets:
LATEST VERSION AS OF 22nd December HERE!
Check Online Highscores Here! Thanks to GMHighscores for that!

And hey, if you don't beleive me saying it's brilliant, beleive GMLismybeach! He wote me a review on his site!
Read the review!Sorry, the link seems kinda dead.
And so did GamingDew!
Read it!

I made a new banner now!
Posted Image
[url="http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=449206"][img]http://fluxyzog.webs.com/1hour.png[/img][/url]

Here, have a banner too!
[url="http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=449206"][img]http://fluxyzog.webs.com/DGZK%20pic%201.png[/img][/url]
Have a look here.

(I used up my picture limit, so you'll just have to trust me and try out these next few banners. Or look at }{Dark}{'s signature, coz he made them. Go congratulate him!)
Have another one!
[url="http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=449206"][img]http://brainfrog.webs.com/DGKZ%20banner.gif[/img][/url]
Have a look here.

And Another one!
[url="http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=449206"][img]http://brainfrog.webs.com/DGKZ%20banner2.gif[/img][/url]
Have a look here.

AND ANOTHER ONE!
[url="http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=449206"][img]http://brainfrog.webs.com/DGZK%20banner%20again.gif[/img][/url]
Have a look here.

Hope you enjoy it, tell me any improvements you want, any glitches you find, gun ideas, upgrade ideas, or just plain how much you love it! :)/>/>/>

Edited by Revenge, 12 December 2012 - 05:15 AM.

#2 walkingbush

walkingbush

GMC Member

• 447 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 04:08 AM

This game is f****** uber. I love it. There isnt anything wrong except the levels seemed kind of hard to manuver in. But other than that, i liked it. Erm... Can you get ammo for grenades and different weapons?

Edited by walkingbush, 30 September 2011 - 05:17 AM.

I don't always use signatures, but when I do, they are useful.

#3 Revenge

Revenge

Dr. Broccoli

• GMC Member
  • 573 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 12:12 PM

You can buy more grenades, if you press shift and click on grenades in the bottom left. That gives you another three. And to reload your weapons (you have infinite ammo, but only a certain number of bullets per clip before you need to reload) you press 'R'. That's free for the pistol, but it'll cost you for any other weapon.
Shotgun = $2
Assault Rifle = $10
Chainsaw = $5
Lazorizer = $20
Rokit Launcher = $15
You buy anything by clicking on it. If it's an upgrade, it'll become transparent. If it's a gun it doesn't go transparent or anything, so you might not notice until you go back into the game. I you need to change weapons, either click on the one you've already bought or press it's hotkey. I'm going to start working more on the level design, and give you $100 to start with. Glad you liked it so much!

#4 walkingbush

walkingbush

GMC Member

• 447 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 09:56 PM

Wow its better than i originally thought O.o! I better try it again...

EDIT: Wow, definitely adds to replay value. Very awesome and stuff. Very addicting too. You know, you should add multiplayer, for co-op and such.

Edited by walkingbush, 02 October 2009 - 10:38 PM.

#5 commander of games

commander of games

Kaos Kreator

• GMC Member
  • 2883 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 03 October 2009 - 01:59 AM

Screenshots please.

InvaderX.gif

#6 Revenge

Revenge

Dr. Broccoli

• GMC Member
  • 573 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 02:06 AM

Wow its better than i originally thought O.o! I better try it again...

EDIT: Wow, definitely adds to replay value. Very awesome and stuff. Very addicting too. You know, you should add multiplayer, for co-op and such.

I plan on making a co-op mode, but I don't know anything about online programmng yet, so as soon as I can find someone that will teach me, that'll be my no.1 priority. One player will be Death Granny, the other will be Killer Gramps xD

And I will add screenshots. GMC refuses to let me post my bitmaps, so I'm going to try png. I just can't stand using jpeg.
EDIT: Screenies are up! Sorry that they're not the most interesting, but if I take my hand of of shoot, then I generally die in the next two seconds.

Edited by Revenge, 03 October 2009 - 03:24 AM.

#7 walkingbush

walkingbush

GMC Member

• 447 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 04:45 AM

Sorry Revenge, but I devoted an hour of my life for the #1 place on the highscore table. And I had to put "No, walkingbush is!". It was an obligation. Also, maybe you should put like a slightly transparent background rectangle when you press shift, for looks. It woould be more like an upgrade menu. And THANK YOU for putting in the crosshair for the menu! That really helped. Also, I like the new enemies, and the bosses, but i gotta say, that shotgun dude scared me a bit. And THATS why we have to leave when its tea time! Cuz grandmas go invincible and anyone they touch explodes! That explains alot...

AND 7th weapon= a weapon you make that gets its traits from a point set, like you have ten points, and must choose between accuracy, power, and clip count. Maybe also make movement speed affected by the equiped weapon.

One last thing... i found the game too easy. I can just jump on a platform and sit there on the edge and pwn! The bosses never reached me, and i never actually died from the difficulty( it was me getting bored w/ the level)!

Edited by walkingbush, 03 October 2009 - 04:53 AM.

#8 Revenge

Revenge

Dr. Broccoli

• GMC Member
  • 573 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 05:14 AM

Yeah, that sitting-on-the-edge thing seems to happen a lot, it just becomes too easy after a while, and then you reach the point where you can just buy 3 invincibility things if you need it. I plan on maybe adding some more bosses, like a giant bat guy, or a bat summoner, because the bats are really the only thing that counteract the sitting-on-the-edge-of-a-wall thing. I like the idea of having different movement speeds depending on the gun, I think I'll add that in. You liked the cup of tea then? Everyone knows that grannies a superpowered when they drink tea.

And be worried, your score is not safe for long. I haven't got a life, so I have a lot of spare time to beat your score with! :)
And the seventh weapon idea...maybe. It's an interesting concept, if I can be bothered making it (it sounds like a lot of work, and I'm pretty lazy) then I will do it. Otherwise it's a toss up between sniper rifle and flame thrower.

#9 }{dark}{

}{dark}{

if internet==0

• GMC Member
  • 525 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 05:19 AM

That first boss was odd. It kept making zombies spawn and even made my computer lag. Maybe set a limit.

#10 walkingbush

walkingbush

GMC Member

• 447 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 05:34 AM

Ooooh yeah, i loved the cup of tea. Although, I didnt really know i was invincible and could blow stuff up until the end of my time to shine :) You should say what the tea does somewhere. You should also be able to make your own granny(face, dress, maybe scream different insults at the zombies(if you can find a voice actor)) or grampa. You know, ii dont plan on being a grandma when i grow up (im male), but a customizable grandma is a good foundation for an online avatar type thing.

As for the highscore, NOOOOOO! I spent sooo loooong getting there! I was like hypnotized(and actually kinda bored cuz i bought everything already).

As ive always thought, you need to randomize the levels a bit. Make random gaps in the platforms, or random hills. You know terrain. And maybe destructible terrain(By rokets and grenades?)?

#11 Revenge

Revenge

Dr. Broccoli

• GMC Member
  • 573 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 04:11 AM

@{}Dark}{
It made YOUR computer lag!?! With all those fancy pants specs in your sig?! Maybe you should just kill the first boss then. Faster you kill him, the less zombies spawn.
@Walkingbush
I like the sound of destructable terrain, maybe I'll make the high ground desructable so people don't camp on edges. Customizable grandma sounds cool too, I'll see what I can do with that. Maybe I'll make a 'profile' thing in the game, and you can unlock new hair colors and stuff on that profile.

I have finished making granny move slower when she carries heavier weapons, and I have a new turret-thing: Granny now calls in an MI19 agent to help her. MI19 is the most secret organisation in the UNIVERSE! The only people who know it exists are the leader, the agents... and Granny. They run around with you (or try to, anyway.) and shoot stuff just llike the normal turret's gun. But rather than a time limit, they have HP. If they get hit by zombies, they start to lose a bit of health. Though I have a bit of a problem, they refuse to die when they're out of health, but that should be easily fixed. I've done a sixth boss too. It's a giant bat that chases you, and he covers himself with his wings, and spawns 8 bats at a time. That doesn't make much sense ATM, but I'll release an update when I've reworked the levels. Any ideas for new zombies that might make the game harder? Or should I just add more waves, and make it get harder by spamming more zombies?

#12 }{dark}{

}{dark}{

if internet==0

• GMC Member
  • 525 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 05:56 AM

@{}Dark}{
It made YOUR computer lag!?! With all those fancy pants specs in your sig?! Maybe you should just kill the first boss then. Faster you kill him, the less zombies spawn.

Yeah there where about 200 zombies and i couldn't shoot the boss because all the zombies where in the way

#13 walkingbush

walkingbush

GMC Member

• 447 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 06:16 AM

@ dark:
throw a 'nade!

@Revenge:
Make more flying dudes, and maybe make a suicide bat, because the suicide zombies actually were a nuisance, and thats good! They also helped expell large waves comin at me, so yeah. Oh, and Jackhammer for the shotty is only 200 dollars, but it says it's 500.

GOD **** you know how long it took me to get (about) 3000 points!? Now I have to get like 10000.

EDIT:

Also, dude, i dont think you updated the link...

Edited by walkingbush, 04 October 2009 - 07:13 AM.

#14 Revenge

Revenge

Dr. Broccoli

• GMC Member
  • 573 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 10:04 AM

I know I didn't. I said that

I'll release an update when I've reworked the levels.

So there should be some destructable terrain in the next update too. I haven't been able to work on it much today, and probably won't tommorow, but I got the rest of the week off after that, so expect an update wednesday - thursday maybe.

@{}Dark{}
Nades! If you have an assault rifle you can clear out the zombie pretty easy. You can get like $450 before the first boss comes.
Boss 1 comes at 100 kills.
Boss 2: 250
Boss 3: 500
Boss 4: 1000
Boss 5: 1500
Boss 6: 2000(He isn't in the released version though)
Boss 7: 2500(He isn't either, still haven't finished him, he keeps breaking)

#15 commander of games

commander of games

Kaos Kreator

• GMC Member
  • 2883 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 02:03 PM

Wasnt bad, I never got to upgrade because i kept dieing. I suggest adding in some form of auto reload, having to remember keep pressing R is what made me lose. Also, add in some destructable terrain and thi game would be totaly awsome!

InvaderX.gif

#16 koo294

koo294

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 205 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 04:12 PM

This is great. i got to wave 11, (because only like a tenth of the zombies could hit me from where i was), then i bought a laser, fired one shot, and killed 2000$ worth of zombies.
But yea, great game, a little hard, but that's good.
Posted Image

#17 Rouge

Rouge

Mr Enigami

• 279 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 07:06 PM

I had great fun playing this, but for some reason I couldn't buy the shotgun, so I was stuck with my suckish pistol. No idea why that happened. Also, probably due to my laptop being really rubbish, I got lag quite often. But that normally stopped pretty soon after it started.

Also, I love your graphics!

Good job, I will definately keep playing this one. lol

Click to be taken to my (OLD) website. - Posted Image
Click to go to the GMC thread. - Posted Image
My Blog | My (WIP) Website | My Forum

Previously "wis3on3"

#18 LSnK

LSnK

NaN

• GMC Member
  • 1188 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 07:54 PM

On my 24" monitor the pixels are literally the size of my fingers. But it suits the game. The style is coherent and attractive, and the view rotation is a cool effect.

I enjoyed playing it a lot. I have only a few criticisms:

Reloading should be improved. People have problems because there's no positive feedback to suggest you're out of ammo. Positive feedback about the game condition is better than negative feedback (the absence of shooting) because it allows the player to react faster, which is more satisfying for them. A gun clicking noise is the typical solution to this, and a widely recognised trope.

It would also help - and I think it would fit the game - if you represented the remaining bullets visually. Perhaps with bullet sprites on the edge of the screen like you see in lightgun games.

One other thing. In the weapon buying overlay, the tooltips on the innermost icons didn't seem to work. Either that or they work strangely. Try to copy the Windows behaviour for stuff like that.

#19 Dylijn

Dylijn

GMC Member

• 553 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 08:45 PM

I love this game =D

The graphics arent good but it doesnt matter as its the style of this game and it works.
Really like the gameplay and the online highscores, now all we need is a co-op version.

#20 King Chubbles

King Chubbles

GMC Member

• 1052 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 11:29 PM

Hey

i played this game before but i never got arround to posting.

Its a good game, basicly what was said above.

As for the auto reload, do that if its arcade, dont do that if its survival, its your choice whichever best suites its

a few ideas for the last gun:
Automatic shotgun
the goldy gun: all the guns put together
Nuke
An assault rifle with a chainsaw on the end (kinda like a lancer, you shoot normaly but press a different button to start the chainsaw)
an old fassioned muckit(sp) (sucks, really bad. One shot, slow reloading, but has nice effects like smoke.)
a water gun

just throwing out ideas, good luck with your game!
Posted Image

#21 Revenge

Revenge

Dr. Broccoli

• GMC Member
  • 573 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 12:58 AM

Well, I'm glaad no-one has actually asked for auto-reload, because the reloading was the one thing that made this game actually difficult. I wiill be adding an out-of-ammo noise, and I might make the ammo flash or something. I like the idea of a visual representaion of the ammo, that's going to be in the next release too. I have added an extra upgrade for the shotgun. It costs $500, and it turns it into an automatic with six shots per reload. Oh, and the person that couldn't buy the shotgun, how much money did you have? For most of the icons, I accidentally put things like 'if global.money > 100' for a 100 dollar item. That means you need $1 more than most of the price tags. And the shop labels aren't allcoming up because I used the mouse enter event, and because they're so close together it doesn't remember entering or leaving an icon. That is easily fixed, though. I'm glad everyone enjoys it, and keep any suggestions coming!

Edited by Revenge, 05 October 2009 - 01:00 AM.

#22 }{dark}{

}{dark}{

if internet==0

• GMC Member
  • 525 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 03:32 AM

I think co-op is a great idea. "Death Grannie's and Suicidal Grandpa's Zombie Marathon" or something. DGASGZM!!!
I think a good idea for a new weapon is the "BATCH OF COOKIES!" Just like the cup of tea but instead of zombies blowing up on contact with granny, cookies are fired and the zombies die from the cookies. (or a footprint gun)

#23 Revenge

Revenge

Dr. Broccoli

• GMC Member
  • 573 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 07:36 AM

The faster someone teaches me how to make an online platformer, the faster there will be co-op. DGAKGZKM (Death Granny And Killer Gramps Zombie Killfest Marathon) will be awesome, I don't know about the batch of cookies. It's interesting, I'll see how it goes.

I am also working on a new game mode, it's kind of like nazi zombies on COD 5, you are in grannies house, and there are for doors that zombies are trying to knock down. You can shoot through doors but zombies can't get through until they smash the door down. The aim is not your survival, but the survival of grannies muffin on the kitchen table. NO ZOMBIE is allowed to touch your muffin! If you defend a door for a while, then it's health will slowly come back. SLOWLY. And when a door has been knocked down, you can buy it back for like $500 or something, I'll see how much money you make in the mode before I price that. But that comes after the normal arcade mode is finished. I think I'll make an option to turn off the blood too, because that's one of the main reasons you get lag. That, and if you are a fool and just camp in the corner, 50 million zombies will build up on the other side of the map. That can sometimes cause a little bit of lag.

Edited by Revenge, 05 October 2009 - 07:37 AM.

#24 }{dark}{

}{dark}{

if internet==0

• GMC Member
  • 525 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 08:38 AM

I think the option to turn off blood is a good idea along with the option to turn off ZOMBIES! (Sarcasm)
I think it would be better to make the blood less memory consuming, for example, SURFACES!
it's easy to get a good blood effect this way as long as you have a textured background and make the blood have an alpha of 0.2 or something.

#25 Rouge

Rouge

Mr Enigami

• 279 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 05:46 PM

I tried playing again and managed to buy the shotgun, and every time after that. Must've just been a one-time bug. ::lmao::

This game is really fun! I keep dying, but I am having fun doing it. :rolleyes:

Click to be taken to my (OLD) website. - Posted Image
Click to go to the GMC thread. - Posted Image
My Blog | My (WIP) Website | My Forum

Previously "wis3on3"

#26 Revenge

Revenge

Dr. Broccoli

• GMC Member
  • 573 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 09:40 AM

Umm, the update may be delayed a little, because I'm not sure as to whether I'll have internet access or not in the next 4 days or so. I'll list what will be in it when I get the chance to put it up though:
Something to warn you that you are out of/low on ammo.
MI19 agents that are fully functioning.
Another two bosses.
Hopefully I'll make the bosses that are already here less glitchy.
And here's the biggy: DESTRUCTABLE FLOORS.

So keep playing, and stop beating my highscores. :D

#27 }{dark}{

}{dark}{

if internet==0

• GMC Member
  • 525 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 02:14 PM

Umm, the update may be delayed a little, because I'm not sure as to whether I'll have internet access or not in the next 4 days or so. I'll list what will be in it when I get the chance to put it up though:
Something to warn you that you are out of/low on ammo.
MI19 agents that are fully functioning.
Another two bosses.
Hopefully I'll make the bosses that are already here less glitchy.
And here's the biggy: DESTRUCTABLE FLOORS.

So keep playing, and stop beating my highscores. :D

Can't wait for the new version! although with the destructible floor, you may need to improve your movement engine so you can walk up slopes, or is the destructible terrain going to be big bricks?
And with the bats getting stuck in the wall, when they collide, an idea is to use xprevious and yprevious. I have never used it in this way though. On second thought, they would just stop until they move away from the wall... ignore my previous statement (or not if you choose). BTW do you have a mask for them?
Keep this game coming!

#28 Revenge

Revenge

Dr. Broccoli

• GMC Member
  • 573 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 04:17 PM

1. I'm not using you're movement engine. And how do you know I can't walk up slopes? I just haven't put any in the game, that's all.
2. Yes, I have a mask on the bats. Although, once before, all of the masks on my objects mysteriously were reset to <no_mask> so maybe this happened to the bats. And xprevious and that wont help ATM. I think the bricks may not be checking whether there is a brick already on top of them before they try and spawn a bat, they only check with zombies. That's just a thought, I'll have to look into it.

And GOOD NEWS! I have made a flamethrower! Yay!

#29 koo294

koo294

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 205 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 08:31 PM

Nice. I beat wave 15, finally. just used a MG for most of it. I love this game. lookin forward to updates...
Posted Image

#30 }{dark}{

}{dark}{

if internet==0

• GMC Member
  • 525 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 11:27 AM

1. I'm not using you're movement engine. And how do you know I can't walk up slopes? I just haven't put any in the game, that's all.
2. Yes, I have a mask on the bats. Although, once before, all of the masks on my objects mysteriously were reset to <no_mask> so maybe this happened to the bats. And xprevious and that wont help ATM. I think the bricks may not be checking whether there is a brick already on top of them before they try and spawn a bat, they only check with zombies. That's just a thought, I'll have to look into it.

And GOOD NEWS! I have made a flamethrower! Yay!

1. How would I know, well, I've seen how you make games ever since you started, I've looked at the simple movement engine you gave me, you showed me this game including the gmk file since you started making it... that is all.
2. ...

The flame thrower is awesome!

#31 Snoogms

Snoogms

GMC Member

• 103 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 12:31 PM

Haha, I had fun, good stuff man:)
“One of the most difficult tasks people can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games.” --Jung

|| "For a WIP, 8/10." --chichmonkey || "I'll give it a 9/10" --simple-games || "There's just something about this game which makes it so addictive" --ninja_sheep ||

#32 Shadowrend

Shadowrend

Master of Shadows

• GMC Member
  • 3071 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 16 October 2009 - 02:17 PM

Add a Gatling minigun!!!

#33 }{dark}{

}{dark}{

if internet==0

• GMC Member
  • 525 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 11:14 PM

Add a Gatling minigun!!!

you will find that in the next version that revenge has shown me, there is an upgrade from the machine gun to a Gatling and yes it is freaking awesome!
good work revenge

#34 Revenge

Revenge

Dr. Broccoli

• GMC Member
  • 573 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 01:16 AM

Alright, I'll add the new version up in just a bit. Yes, as }{Dark}{ has said, there is an upgrade for the MG to turn it into a MINI VULCAN! It is pretty fun, but I have to make some new soundfx for the flamer and the MiniVulcan before I release it.

#35 Gorgon Cola Man

Gorgon Cola Man

GMC Member

• 19 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 04:29 PM

Woah, how did I miss this? And how did such a cool game get on page 4, this ROCKS! PLEASE tell me you're still working on it, I so wanna use a minigun, thatd be so cool to kill that friggin boss with teh gun. even when you try and run from im the bullets keep hittin you so your health wont come back :) ! Hope thtat update comes oout soon, I wanna play it. I think you should add in some stuff like nazi zombies did, coz this is a bit like that how it's just 'survive as long as you can' and all. so maybe you could like stick yourself in a room, and you have to defend it rather than just yourself because this game gets too easy after a while.

#36 Revenge

Revenge

Dr. Broccoli

• GMC Member
  • 573 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 01:20 AM

I have already practically finished a new mode called 'muffin defence' It just needs a slight touch-up, and I think I'll release it as the last beta. Then I'm getting some help to make it online co-op from someone, and that will be the finish of it. Glad you enjoyed it!

Another thing, there is also a new enemy. He has 20 hp, only spawns after wave 9, and he does double the damemge of normal zombies. Wait till you see his attacking animation...

#37 FurinKazanNZ

FurinKazanNZ

GMC Member

• 489 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 01:53 AM

This is actually a really great game, lots of clean, simple fun. I really think the weapons need to be balanced out a bit. The fully upgraded machine gun was the best weapon IMO, as the shotgun had such low ammo, the laser gun, had low ammo, long reload time, and pretty average damage even when upgraded, plus it cost tonnes to reload, and the rocket was too slow to be used regularly. The machine gun had great ammo efficiency, even if you just held the mouse button down the whole time, it was so cheap to reload and had so much ammo that.... well, need I say more?

Really fun game though, and could we get some stats on the zombies?

Keep up the good work 4/5

#38 Revenge

Revenge

Dr. Broccoli

• GMC Member
  • 573 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 02:38 AM

Yeah, I have balanced the guns a little more now, but the flamer is currently rediculously overpowered. And some stats on the zombies:

Zombie: 5hp, 1 damage, 2 speed.
Red Zombie: 15hp 1 damage, 1 speed
Suicide Zombie: 1 hp 1 damage, 2 speed, explodes on impact.
Bat: 2hp, 1 damage, 2 speed. Flies around. Gets stuck in walls a lot, but that will be fixed...I hope.
Blue Zombie: 2 hp, 2 damage, 0 speed, jumps a lot.
White Zombie: 5 hp, 1 damage, 5 speed.
Giga Zombie: 50 hp, 1 damage, 1 speed.
Flame Zombie: 7hp, 1 damage, 2 speed, resistant to flames and explosives.
Zap Zombie: 7hp, 1 damage, 2 speed, resistant to lazorizer.
Dark Grey Zombie: 20 hp, 3 damage, 1 speed.

BOSS STATS:
Boss 1: 100hp, 0 damage, 0 speed, summons hordes of zombies.
Boss 2: 200hp, 1 damage, 4 speed.
Boss 3: 300hp, 1 damage, 1 speed, makes explosions when jumping.
Boss 4: 100hp, 0 damage, 0 speed, summons hordes of GIGA zombies.
Boss 5: 100hp, 1 damage, 1 speed, has a shotgun-pistol.
Boss 6: 200hp, 1 damage, 3 speed, flies around, spawns 8 bats at a time.
Boss 7: 300hp, 1 damage, 1 speed, has double granade ;aunchers.

#39 FurinKazanNZ

FurinKazanNZ

GMC Member

• 489 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 03:30 AM

Cool, thanks. The flamer? Do you have to unlock that? Or is it in the next release. I didn't get it........

Oh and I've also been having troubles with the shop, sometimes the mouseover didn't actually show up so I didn't know what things were or how much they cost.

Edited by FurinKazanNZ, 26 October 2009 - 03:40 AM.

#40 Revenge

Revenge

Dr. Broccoli

• GMC Member
  • 573 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 04:41 AM

Cool, thanks. The flamer? Do you have to unlock that? Or is it in the next release. I didn't get it........

Oh and I've also been having troubles with the shop, sometimes the mouseover didn't actually show up so I didn't know what things were or how much they cost.

Yeah, all of that is fixed in the next release. And flamer is in the next one too. I SHOULD be able to get it up today, and get you guys to find any last bugs before I go online with it.

#41 david9537

david9537

GMC Member

• 182 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 04:41 AM

here's some ideas for 7th weapon

Instentinal biobliterator
cause mass internal bleeding and death (eventually)

Last Resort
Nukish gun

flashbagnthroughthedoor
screen goes white and everything dies

blitzkreig 9000
just a cool ray/antyhing u can think of gun with extreme damage

Rhyno 6
just a thought

Blackdeath
shoots vampire duckling dat kill everything it sees

if u use ne of them (which im guessing not) can u give me some credit?

#42 Revenge

Revenge

Dr. Broccoli

• GMC Member
  • 573 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 01:36 PM

UPDATE IS OUT! HOORAY!
Oh David, the seventh weapon is a flamer, but I may be using one of those ideas as an extra upgrade kind of thing, so don't get disappointed that it's not in right now because I may still use one of those ideas. I had a lot of guys from school asking for a flamer, so I gave in to the old peer pressure thing. Darn. Oh well, I hope everyone enjoys this new version, I haven't had the time to fully test it yet, so if the is some game-stopping bug, let me know quick so i can add in a quick update to it.
Oh, I'd better mention that I have decided not to do the destructible terrain thing, as it was making glitches left, right and centre, and was making more bugs than it was worth. So sorry to everyone that was looking forward to that, but it was just causing too many problems.

Edited by Revenge, 26 October 2009 - 02:02 PM.

#43 commander of games

commander of games

Kaos Kreator

• GMC Member
  • 2883 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 02:00 PM

Heres an idea for a weapon:
Uber Gun(you can think of a better name if you want)
A massive gattling pistol with a laser sight, sniper scope, and self-replicating(so you dont have to reload)thermonuclear bullets that kill EVERYTHING(except the granny).

Edit: I tried the new version, but for some reason I couldnt buy guns. Also, in Muffin Defence, how do you get the doors back?

Edit 2: Just decided to change the name of the Ultimate Gun to Uber Gun.

Edited by commander of games, 26 October 2009 - 06:56 PM.

InvaderX.gif

#44 Revenge

Revenge

Dr. Broccoli

• GMC Member
  • 573 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 02:47 PM

Ultimate Gun(you can think of a better name if you want)
A massive gattling pistol with a laser sight, sniper scope, and self-replicating(so you dont have to reload)thermonuclear bullets that kill EVERYTHING(except the granny).

Edit: I tried the new version, but for some reason I couldnt buy guns. Also, in Muffin Defence, how do you get the doors back?

OK, I'll check that gun thing out, I have no idea why that happened.
And in muffin defence...you DON'T GET THEM BACK! AHAHAHA!!! That is part of the very big challenge. Their health regenerates when they aren't being attacked, so i usually let one door die, and sve the others. That mode takes a lot of practice to complete, and turrets/landmines become very useful things indeed. Good luck, I'll see what's up with the not-buying-guns thing ASAP.

EDIT: Well, the only possible reason for you not being ble to buy guns was that you didn't have enough money, OR some guns require you have $1 more than the price tag, because of a little glitch, so maybe if you killed one more zombie you could buy guns. I tested the downloadable version, and I could buy guns fine. So I made a minor fix so that you don't need $1 more than the price tag on ANYthing, so you can re-download it if you want.

Edited by Revenge, 26 October 2009 - 03:17 PM.

#45 koo294

koo294

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 205 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 03:50 PM

Ultimate Gun(you can think of a better name if you want)

OK, I'll check that gun thing out, I have no idea why that happened.
And in muffin defence...you DON'T GET THEM BACK! AHAHAHA!!! That is part of the very big challenge. Their health regenerates when they aren't being attacked, so i usually let one door die, and sve the others. That mode takes a lot of practice to complete, and turrets/landmines become very useful things indeed. Good luck, I'll see what's up with the not-buying-guns thing ASAP.

EDIT: Well, the only possible reason for you not being ble to buy guns was that you didn't have enough money, OR some guns require you have $1 more than the price tag, because of a little glitch, so maybe if you killed one more zombie you could buy guns. I tested the downloadable version, and I could buy guns fine. So I made a minor fix so that you don't need $1 more than the price tag on ANYthing, so you can re-download it if you want.

well, i got to wave 15 first try on muffin defence, so it cant be that hard :)
ya, i think you should be able to buy doors in the shop maybe?
the new weapons are awesome.
Posted Image

#46 commander of games

commander of games

Kaos Kreator

• GMC Member
  • 2883 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 04:03 PM

Re-downloading now...

I also have a cool idea, how about a game mode where you have to defend your grandkids house from zombies(kind of like muffin defence, except.... You have a guy named Homicidal Grandpa helping you). That would be cool in my opinion.

Edit: I still cant buy guns. I usualy go to buy the shotgun when I have around $300, but it doesnt work. Maybe if you dont have enough money and you try and buy a gun/upgrade it could play a sound. And when you buy something it will make a "Cha-Ching" sound.

Edit 2: Oh wait... Buying guns does work. You have to exit out of the shop to see the results. I feel like an idiot. :) But when I bought the shotgun it had no ammo and I couldnt figure out how to get more. Help?

Edited by commander of games, 26 October 2009 - 04:24 PM.

InvaderX.gif

#47 FurinKazanNZ

FurinKazanNZ

GMC Member

• 489 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 06:27 PM

When you buy a weapon it has no ammo by default. You have to reload, first.

#48 commander of games

commander of games

Kaos Kreator

• GMC Member
  • 2883 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 06:55 PM

I tried that, but maybe I was pressing the wrong key...

InvaderX.gif

#49 koo294

koo294

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 205 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 07:11 PM

either that, or you didn't have enough money.
Posted Image

#50 commander of games

commander of games

Kaos Kreator

• GMC Member
  • 2883 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 07:19 PM

I was pressing the wrong key lol. I finaly got the machine gun, its 1337! :)

I did pretty good in muffin defence once I bought the machine gun, but all my doors got destroyed so there was just to many zombies and I died.

InvaderX.gif