2 replies to this topic

#1 EvolutionX

EvolutionX

GMC Member

• 21 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 07:54 PM

A Tower Defense game with a twist.

Download Demo

I've decided to go with a popular game type that is very addictive. But we knew that it needed to be a bit different from all the other Tower Defense games out there.

Our original plan was to go with protect the planet from invading aliens, but it soon developed into protect the space station from waves of alien attacks. The space station was 2 rings which can rotate independently from each other, this allows for some strategy. You purchase towers using credits and place them on slots on the rings. Towers can be upgraded, upgrades can be bought that effect earning, health, etc. and abilities are super powers that can be used in times of need.

We have a forum that you guys can visit if you want to chat about the game, and give some suggestions.

Concept Art
Posted Image

Actual Game
Posted Image

Edited by EvolutionX, 12 September 2009 - 07:58 PM.

Tower Defense With A Twist

#2 Lcldlstheway

Lcldlstheway

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 266 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 09:14 PM

it looks and sounds really sweet, but i'd rather not "install" directx, since i'm not sure if it'll change some options or w/e xP.

#3 EvolutionX

EvolutionX

GMC Member

• 21 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 06:52 AM

it looks and sounds really sweet, but i'd rather not "install" directx, since i'm not sure if it'll change some options or w/e xP.

That makes no sense at all. Runinng DXSETUP will update your current directx components and will not install the core directX 9 / 10 stuff. So it will have no effect on anything, and is needed to run the game, unless you installed the components while installing one of your previous games.

Tower Defense With A Twist