Top-Down Tactical Espionage Action
Metal Gear Solid: Remnants of the Patriots
Description: MGS: Remnants of the Patriots is my first project using Game Maker, and I was inspired to start it because I am an avid Metal Gear fan and I thought it would be extremely fun to try my hand at making my own game featuring the characters, and my own storyline. My goal is to incorporate as many game-play aspects of the actual series, sans any limitations brought on by my lack of knowledge or the top down view.
Features (Features not yet created are crossed out, everything coded by me unless credit is stated):
- Stealth and Action game play.
- Weapon and Melee combat
- Functioning Enemy AI (Responds to sight and sound)
- Functioning Laser Sight (Special Thanks to Grievous) and dynamically drawn line of sight cones.
- Circular Mini-map
Linear Storyline following the aftermath of MGS4. Unique Boss Battles pushing the limits of the Top-Down Shooter Genre
- Metal Gear Soundtrack and sound-effects
- Unique backgrounds, all in-game graphics custom made.
- And much much more!
- Navigate Main Menu: Up-Down Arrows
- Select Main Menu Option: Space bar
- Movement: W-A-S-D
- Stealth: Hold LCtrl
- Sprint: Hold LAlt
- Open Weapon Menu: Hold E
- Scroll Through Weapon Menu: W-S while Holding E
- View Enemy Line of Sight: Hold V
- Aim Current Weapon: Hold Right Mouse
- Fire Current Weapon: Press/Hold Left Mouse
- Curve bullet with pistols: Hold Left Mouse after/while firing
- Reload Current Weapon: Press R (Tech Demo has no extra ammunition for you to be able to use this)
- Turn On/Off Laser Sight: Press Middle Mouse Button
- Use melee attacks: F
Tech Demo Game-play Instructions:
This level you'll be playing is the tech demo for my engine so far, it's very bare-bones. If you want to restart it, restart the game >____>. Walk,Run,or sprint around, pickup the items, and see how the guard responds to you. Everything is object oriented so it doesn't matter if there is 1 guard in the level, or 100 (Don't get excited though, the tech demo only has one). While making this I did not at all optimize it for slower computers, so please don't complain if your computer can't run it without excessive tearing/lag. The tech demo contains two weapons, the MK23 Pistol (Silenced), and the AK47. These weapons have their own firing speeds, ammunition quanitities, and they create their own amounts of sound. Sound is a factor for the enemy, so running or sprint when near them is not advised. Just play around with the demo for a bit, so you get a small glimpse of what I'm striving to achieve with game maker.
Please don't reply with any negative comments, I am also not looking for any bug reports (The only reason I am including the demo is because it is required), just play the tech demo, and leave any IDEAS you might have about possible game-play additions, or just leave other feedback on the overall project thus-far.
Tech Demo Download 08/13/09 (Yes 9 MB, Code/Graphics/Sounds)
Edited by mixmax2, 15 August 2009 - 03:31 PM.