Besides, someone might still come up with useful ideas. I have a few ideas myself, for custom titles granted for "extraordinary" behavior. Such titles might be given temporarily to certain members, to acknowledge that behavior. But I'm still mulling over the idea.
Great here's some suggestions:
- Went two posts in a row, without saying something idiotic.
- Is finally able to contain the puddle of drool under their keyboard.
- Finally, gets the concept that socks are supposed to match.
- Member since July 19 2009, and finally said something useful.
- Proof that even morons can use Game Maker.
- If only this member's Mother had said "No", at prom night.
Let me know when I can start nominating people.
I think I qualify for the last one on that list....
But in any regard, giving away temporary titles, in my opinion, is fairly pointless. Yes, we can give some away for winning the Cage Match for X times in a row, or for having a topic with over 1000 posts, but in all honesty, none of this has anything to do with game making, and on top of that, the community. We shouldn't judge each member by their join date, post count, or member title. Each post they make should be judged separately. I can't tell you the number of times I've read something amazingly intelligent by one member in a certain topic, only to find their website announcement full of spam, double posts, and pointless attacks on other, fairly constructive critics.