The Great Archer Rpg *crossheart Rpg*

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Staticgames

Staticgames

GMC Member

• 115 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 01:28 AM

*First, we are working on the name XD, we are just planning it out right now*, well, to shorten it, this is basically our idea...

RPG Game, birds eye view, 8 space inventory, change ur hair style, dye ur hair, change ur clothing *Poncho to armor sort of thing*
We are thinking that in ur house, u can store cloths in a dresser, u can put dye in there, u can at a hair saloon change ur hair style, u can buy armor, better archery cloths, and such, buy weapons and such, basic RPG game with more of a customizable, players in charge idea.

So, heres were we need from u,,,

Ideas!, no matter if u think we can do it or not, what ideas do u have! : D, (Ex. Talk to the king and do missions, go out into war, be a mage) , what IDEAS do u have, to make this RPG better!
If we use ur idea, we will put u in the credits under "Assisted planner", or something like that.
So please, what ideas do YOU have that we can use, to make it the best it can be!,

Thanks in advance!

Credit List so far:
Story by Carson & MovieGuy13
Programmed by Carson & Curtis
Sprites by Carson & Julian
Ideas by Carson, Julian, Curtis, The Untaken Username.

Sorry if i missed out on anyone, PM me if i forgot u, and il add u right away : P

Names picked and chosen so far,,,
-Crossheart RPG
-Arrowhead
-Wrap-Up

NOTE: Voting on the name will occur approximately November.

If u would like to support this project to its fullest, please send our banner on by placing it in ur sig.

[url="http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=442236"][img]http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll130/supercarson7/crossheartlogo2-1.png[/img][/url]

See my sig for an example of what it looks like : D

And thank u for reading : D

Edited by Staticgames, 07 August 2009 - 05:33 AM.

#2 dyblee

dyblee

GMC Member

• 153 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 01:36 AM

I think there should be a arrow quiver to store arrows like
Ruined Leather Quiver - holds 125 arrows
leather Quiver - holds 225
Quick Draw Leath Quiver - holds 225 +1 shooting speed

And so on Stuff like that

The name should probly be changed in my opinion

Edited by dyblee, 31 July 2009 - 01:37 AM.

#3 Staticgames

Staticgames

GMC Member

• 115 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 03:09 AM

I think there should be a arrow quiver to store arrows like
Ruined Leather Quiver - holds 125 arrows
leather Quiver - holds 225
Quick Draw Leath Quiver - holds 225 +1 shooting speed

And so on Stuff like that

The name should probly be changed in my opinion

Thats a good idea, like, so if u get a certain type, it can hold this many arrows, and we could maybe do that for other stuff, Great idea : D

#4 dyblee

dyblee

GMC Member

• 153 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 05:26 AM

Thanks Glad to of helped :)

#5 WeThePuppets

WeThePuppets

TeamSkyfire

• GMC Member
  • 704 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 31 July 2009 - 11:59 PM

How will the gameplay work? Will it be like a topdown shooter? So real time action? Or will it be turnbased? Or? If it's real time, be sure to make it so that arrows stick where you shot them. You could also give a good effect if you draw a shadown under the arrow and make it go in an arc rather than a straight line.

Also, I'm assuming the world will be freeroam. Perhaps you can go on hunts by yourself or with NPC for a herd of some beast of the field, to gain meat and sell it for gold.

Sokota

Posted Image
Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | Watch the new Stasis Gamemodes - Riot Trailer!

#6 dyblee

dyblee

GMC Member

• 153 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 12:03 AM

Thats some good idea Sokota

#7 Staticgames

Staticgames

GMC Member

• 115 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 02:15 AM

Thanks for the comment Sokota. Here's the stuff i left out, i hope this is all of it,,,

It takes place in midevil days, but its also like, goblins and such, so not real.
It is free roam, there will be missions by the king, but u dont NEED to do them, they just make it better, but the main idea will be free roam, make money, sell stuff, invintory, kinda stuff.

At the start we thought the great archer because it started out as us redoing my old demo game i made called the great archer. But the idea is changing so much, ur not even totaly a archer anymore in our idea. U can be a Archer, Knight, Monk, Assassin, or even a goblin, the goblins will suck though and were thinking of just making the game really sarcastic if u chose to be them.

But hunting by urself, we were already gonna do that sorta thing, but the computer helping idea, well, its a good idea XD

Thanks u 2 for the comments : P

@Dyblee: Forgot to respond to an earlier post u made b4, about the name, Yes, we are changing it, it was called that because we made a old game for comp02 called The Great Archer, and we were thinking of remaking it because the original was just a engine on yoyo, but as we were gonna start, we started talking about what were gonna change, and the idea changed completley, wich now leads me to a new question...

What do you think it should be called?

Edited by Staticgames, 01 August 2009 - 02:41 AM.

#8 The untaken username

The untaken username

GMC Member

• 12 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 05:08 AM

Well, I'm going to assume there will be places and events to earn experience in for level ups. If not, there's an idea.
Remembering WoW, there could be places with weather and places without, and a... um... I forget what you call them, the guys you go to to get on a griffin/dragon/something else big with wings and fly to another destination. You could have mounts, some really detailed quests that are like stories (better than the 'go kill me about 5 goblins and come see me' deal) caves to mine stuff and chances to get really rare junk, and a vendor...

I can think of more... >.<
"From the moment i picked up your book untill the moment I put it down I could not stop laughing. Someday I hope to read it." - Groucho Marx

#9 Staticgames

Staticgames

GMC Member

• 115 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 05:14 AM

Thanks, We will have experience and such, and flying creatures to go from area to area, good idea, il add it to our checklist XD, my partner comes back from vacation in one hour and 30 minutes,,, so tomorow we will work more on it because we will finaly be able to work together and not threw webcam XD
Thanks again : )

#10 The untaken username

The untaken username

GMC Member

• 12 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 05:20 AM

Lol, working through a webcam sounds very painful. >.> You want to strangle them so bad for messing something up... but, you can't. :< Hmm... exactly one hour and thirty minutes? My aren't we precise. :D

Thanks for using the ideas. The minute I think of more I'll letcha know. :)
"From the moment i picked up your book untill the moment I put it down I could not stop laughing. Someday I hope to read it." - Groucho Marx

#11 Staticgames

Staticgames

GMC Member

• 115 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 05:28 AM

kk thanks, it isnt that hard,,, its just normaly when we work on projects together, we are right beside eachother, on my laptop will be the sprites, and a empty GM7 thing open, and will be putting random peaces of code together, and sending it to him threw msn, and on his computer will be the game open up, and when he wants to change the sprites, or do something, or i need to fix his glitch, we just simply switch spots XD
Threw msn its alot harder XD, because also together, we can constantly watch eachother making sure its all working well, threw msn u dont know how they are making the thing, so if u both make something, they might not be compatible when u put them together, so yah : P

And yah, tell me if u have any more ideas.

Status Update:
Currently, we have the guy's movements, the walls XD, the shooting, wich i know isnt that good, we are working on the invintory, and we have he customization beta ready
AKA, when u start the game, and make ur guy, it will say "Chose ur species" and u can pick human, goblin kinda thing, wich would just change the face sprites, and the hand sprites, then it goes to another page were u chose ur starter hair, its colour,and ur starter poncho
During the game though, to change ur hair, u need to buy hair dye, to change ur poncho or clothing, u need to buy it, dye and clothing can be stored in a dresser in ur house, and for choosing ur hair, there will be a hair saloon during the game : P

#12 The untaken username

The untaken username

GMC Member

• 12 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 01:24 PM

Well, now that you put it that way... MSN does sound a lot harder to work with >D

This isn't like, an MMORPG, right? Or is it? I might be able to give more ideas depending on which one it is.

#13 Staticgames

Staticgames

GMC Member

• 115 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 05:08 PM

Well, the diference is a MMORPG is online, this is a RPG, so, sorta like an offline version of that.

#14 MovieGuy13

MovieGuy13

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 200 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 03:26 PM

This is something I haven't seen in a game before, but if you like, you could try it:
You have like a hidden thirst level, or hunger level. You have to eat or drink somewhere, because if the level sinks too low you could start to lose health. This adds for a realism factor, as I have not seen any person, real or fictional, that is human and can go without water.

*Inventory:
Water bottle

Story idea:
I don't know if you have started writing a story, or if you are even going to have a story. If you do, i could write it for you, as I have been told before that I am quite a talented writer. I also have some ideas for a story. (PM ME)

#15 Staticgames

Staticgames

GMC Member

• 115 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 10:00 PM

This is something I haven't seen in a game before, but if you like, you could try it:
You have like a hidden thirst level, or hunger level. You have to eat or drink somewhere, because if the level sinks too low you could start to lose health. This adds for a realism factor, as I have not seen any person, real or fictional, that is human and can go without water.

*Inventory:
Water bottle

Story idea:
I don't know if you have started writing a story, or if you are even going to have a story. If you do, i could write it for you, as I have been told before that I am quite a talented writer. I also have some ideas for a story. (PM ME)

I like that idea, a hunger or thirst, but really, should it be hidden?, i mean, the people deserv a chance to know, maybe i could add at the start, someone tells u, but we dont have a bar being drawn, so we do mention it, BUT, we dont shove it in the players face.

#16 Tamerlain

Tamerlain

GMC Member

• 142 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 10:52 AM

Extra Item ideas :lol:

Three Skill trees;
Sharpshooting(accuracy,high damage,low rate of fire),
Marksmanship(all about quick firing,multi arrow shots Eg."Rain of arrows),
Forest Knowledge(i couldnt help this, talking to animals *dependant on race!*,healing skills,trap making,buffs Etc.)

also your character could change dependant on what skill tree you delve into
Eg. Sharpshooting experts will have piercing eyes,good sense of their surrounding and un-ending patience

Edited by Tamerlain, 04 August 2009 - 10:54 AM.

imam_mashur:when there is criticism or suggestions please do not be stored, store in the heart, will rot, expressing only here

Tamerlain:Sorry, what?

Someones been using the yoda translator!

#17 Staticgames

Staticgames

GMC Member

• 115 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 07:17 PM

Hmmm, that healing is what mage's do, we are thinking of monks but beleive it or not, were trying not to get so ahead of ourselfs XD
hmmm, the animal one probably not, sharpshooting and marksmanship i think are great ideas, and those will kick out together the archery skill.

so,,, we will have,,,
HP
Attack
Defence
Magic
Marksmanship
Sharpshooting

Well, thank u so much for helping us out : D

#18 THE KAPPTIN

THE KAPPTIN

El Capitano

• 2374 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 07:26 PM

From reading your topic post I get the impression that it's a beauty sim, or a dress-up game.

Maybe a little less focus on dressing up and doing your hair would be appropriate. :lol:

After reading a bit more though I can see that it's a free roam RPG/diablo clone sort of thing. Generally a good idea.

It sounds like you're planning on making a *huge* game though. I can tell you this, you won't be able to finish it. I expect you're planning on making the hair system, and the race system, and then making a bunch of classes, and stuff, completing the engine, and only then starting on the levels.
If you wait to do levels until you've got all that other crap done, you will never make the levels, and thus you will never make the game.
Just for the sake of getting it released, make ONE class, and ONE race first, enough that it's playable. Start developing quests, enemies and areas NOW. Try to make a game that you can play through to the end and that you are happy with. Then you can go back and add other races, and classes, and hairstyles, and makeup, and glitter. :P
I literally have a degree in game development... sucka!!
"I quote myself in my signature." -THE KAPPTIN

#19 Tamerlain

Tamerlain

GMC Member

• 142 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 07:37 PM

No no no no those two arent stats,theyre skills! when you level up you gain skill points AS WELL AS stat points :lol: and each class has 3 skills trees. in that way, players are more unique rather than infinate warriors with the same skills in the same armor :P just makes MMO's slightly more diverse

imam_mashur:when there is criticism or suggestions please do not be stored, store in the heart, will rot, expressing only here

#20 Staticgames

Staticgames

GMC Member

• 115 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 08:23 PM

@ Kapptin: Actually, it takes 5 minutes to do the custome hair design and such, it really is simple. its not even 10 ligns of script.
and we also have someone who loves making levels, so he will be helping us.
and we are working on archers right now, then after we have the kingdom made, were adding knights, then mages, and so on, we have it planned out, and trust me, we will finish it.

EDIT: its not a beauty dressup game, i just hate it when ever u start a RPG when u always have brown short hair, and the only way to look diferent is armor. Its just so people can actually like what they look at while they play. It will mostly be a shooter game, but we want the person to have almost full control over the game : P

@Tamerlain: Hmmm, thats a way i didnt think of it, that would work to : P, so like, not just have
5 Attack
5 Defence and so on,
Have
Archery
- 5 Marksmen
- 5 Sharpshooting

and have skills inside ur stats, i like it : P, if i got that wrong to, sorry XD

Edited by Staticgames, 04 August 2009 - 08:25 PM.

#21 Tamerlain

Tamerlain

GMC Member

• 142 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 09:40 PM

im gonna go mad and do EVERY classes skills Trees

Archer(already explained)
Marksmanship
Sharpshooting
Natures Gift (speed+agi buffs maybe?)

Knight
Path of the _ (mace,spear,sword,axe) when making a warrior, you choose one of these as a "proficiency"
Guardianship (party buffs for defense,magic defense, and hp)
Barbarian talents (heavy hitting moves,5 hit moves,martyr arts- like +to attack and - defense?)

Mage
Divine Talents (standard RPG fare here! Healing,buffing,curing ailments "idea-healing could give a small amt of exp!")
Destruction Arts (Balls of fire RAWR!!!)(Mostly elemental damage and AoE spells -Rain on fire,anyone?-)
Way of the Witch Doctor
(Cursing enemies to cause them long-time damage,and lower their stats, also contains parasitical moves)

Any other classes?

Edited by Tamerlain, 04 August 2009 - 09:40 PM.

#22 Staticgames

Staticgames

GMC Member

• 115 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 11:29 PM

Wow, thanks XD

Other classes,,, we are doing goblin whodont use wepons, they will be like, if u click facing the arrow that movie at the right time, he can grab it, he will have high speed, and with use his fists : P

we might add Assasin's, that is a last minute after everything else is done add on XD

and another VERY last thing, even after Assasin, would be monk, but those last 2 are total MAYBES : P

and thanks for the skill stat ideas : P

#23 Tamerlain

Tamerlain

GMC Member

• 142 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 09:46 AM

No problem. ill do the two maybe classes

Assassin(Or thief)
Sneak Strikes(powerful,slow,maybe 1 hit kills, but with a 25% hit rate)
Deathly Whispers(learn knowledge about your enemies,and pickpocket skills)
Blood Pact (sacrificing hp to do larger damage)
You could subsitute this into the skills
Predator Instincts(use of shurikans,throwing knives,and eyesight-and hearing buffs -i guess that falls under DEX/AGI)

Monk(Brawler)-NB:the monk is mostly a front lines fighter, with lots of counter/crippling moves
___Locks(armlocks,leglocks,headlocks-struggled on a name)
(these will,if used at the right time,severely cripple an attacking enemie,
reducing theyre ATK,AGI and DEF by --%-dependant on level of knowledge in this area!)
Counter-Strikes(well.... you can probably guess)
Meditation(lots of HP+HP recovery buffs,as well as defense buffs. DO NOT give them atk buffs- this will ruin the gameplay!)

Equipment!!!

Hunter
Light Armor (Chainmail,leather,etc)
Bows
Crossbows
Slingshots(hmmm)
Quiver
Arrows/Rocks/Bolts

Knight
Heavy armor (steel,iron,plate,scale)
Light armor (will improve their speed and attack slightly,but sacrifice DEF)
Pauldrons (Shoulder armor)
Shields/Escutheons/Bucklers/turnblades (shields of various names,each has a different use)
Blunt Weapons (Maces,Axes)
Sharp Weapons (Knives,Daggers,Swords)
Heavy Weapons (Hammers,Battle Axes,Spears,Claymores)

Mage

Robes
Staffs
Elemental Gems (to improve a certain elements damage)
Magic Scrolls (can use them up if MP is 0)
Hmm..... maybe light armor can be equipped at level X for a slight Magic ATK decrease?

Assasin
Clothes/Robes
Dagger/Shortsword
Parrying dagger (used like a shield,but useful for counter-attacking)
Throwing Implements (shurikans,daggers)
Lime bombs (medival smoke bombs,lime irritates the eyes, making it better than a smoke bomb!)

Monk
Clothes
Theyre bodies (extremely strong + resilient)
Barehanded/Knuckles/Claws

Thats all they need to pwn really!

Will add more or correct this soon

Edited by Tamerlain, 05 August 2009 - 09:56 AM.

#24 PixelPalace

PixelPalace

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1008 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 01:34 PM

Well,maybe....
"Golden Arrow"
or "The Golden Arrow"
or even "Cross Heart"(You could use this if the game is going to have a strong love element or something like that.)
I choose the name Cross Heart because of Cross Bow,an actual weopon.

#25 Staticgames

Staticgames

GMC Member

• 115 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 05:25 PM

@Tamerlain: Thanks again : D, but just so u know, we were thinking monks wouldnt be like,super offence people, they would be defence, and they would be intouch with god, so in the game, the monks wont have high attack, but they will start with higher defence, they will have some magic, but they aer prayers, and god most of the time helps, they will be able to heal, so, they arnt gonna be fighting monks, they are gonna be holy monks, but still, thanks : D

@Pixelplace: Actually, golden arrows i like because i really dont want to use bronze, and the other stuff like every other RPG, but cross heart, LOVE THAT NAME : D, It proboly wont have anything to do with hearts, or not much to do with hearts, but still, LOVE THAT NAME : D, and we will make something to do with hearts : P

#26 PixelPalace

PixelPalace

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1008 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 05:32 PM

Oh,well,thank you! :P

#27 Tamerlain

Tamerlain

GMC Member

• 142 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 06:12 PM

Thanks too.

my posts kinda pointed out that monks were defense orientated! xD

I was kinda thinking about the grades of items. i may post ina min

Quick Edit: i was thinking.... when you make the game can anyone that has contributed this topic create themselves a piece of unique equipment? xD

Edited by Tamerlain, 05 August 2009 - 06:13 PM.

#28 Staticgames

Staticgames

GMC Member

• 115 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 06:37 PM

WEll actually, i was thinking once it was almost done, i was gonna open another topic, or just ask in this one, about equipment, send in the sizes, like, if u mean Hair piece, il send u the size of the hair, and u can edit it, if u mean that u are wearing, yes and no,,, i mean, u can, but there are 22 pictures because of animation, so we were thinking of gold armor, just colour the one we have now gold, and if u mean in the invintory, we will just send u the size of the invintory.

But later, right now we are working on the basic engine : P, im working on our banner, but since we are working on like, the enemys and such, so far in the game ur only a archer, so the banner implies its more about archery XD, wich in a way, it is, but not always.

Btw, i talked to my partner, and he said "i guess" to if crossheart could be our name,,, he doesent really care at all XD, basicly, we are good partners because of this,,,
Im emotional, he isnt
Im a perfectionist, he isnt
I care, he doesent
Im better at TDS movement, hes better at platformers
Were equal at 3D models, hes better at 3D engines
And im better at sprites.

So, he sorta put together really well, most people think its a bad idea because u 2 cant agree on anything, but thing is, i want to make a great game, and he does to, so we work really well XD
BTW< this is our staticgames account, but he doesent use this, he uses his own so yah : P

So its called Crossheart So far, il go edit the title : P

#29 MovieGuy13

MovieGuy13

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 200 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 01:32 PM

I thought of this names
Arrowhead
World of decisionland(just a joke)
Wrap-up

#30 Staticgames

Staticgames

GMC Member

• 115 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 06:39 PM

Out of those, i like Wrap-Up, and Arrowhead, il add it to our list of ideas,,, i think il go clean up that list of ideas cause its abit messy : P

#31 Staticgames

Staticgames

GMC Member

• 115 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 06:05 AM

So, does anyone have anyother clase ideas?, like, we have so far Archer, Knight, Mage, Assasin, Monks, Goblins,,, i think thats it, so we need more ideas.
Please leave a comment with ideas.

#32 PixelPalace

PixelPalace

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1008 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 02:27 PM

Giants?
Trolls? ;)
Undead? :)
Tv Talk Show Hosts? B)

#33 Staticgames

Staticgames

GMC Member

• 115 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 11:07 PM

giants i dont see how we can cause its TDS and such,
trolls i guess as long as we can identafy it from the top of there head : P
Undead, good idea : D
TV Talk show hosts,,, GREAT IDEA B) *Proboly not gonna happen XD*

#34 Staticgames

Staticgames

GMC Member

• 115 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 07:50 AM

LEGAL BUMP : P, always wanted to say that XD

#35 Staticgames

Staticgames

GMC Member

• 115 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 07:40 PM

Legal Bump ,,, sorry, i had to : P

#36 Staticgames

Staticgames

GMC Member

• 115 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 12:57 AM

Bump:
UPDATING: okay, to update on stuff, we have now rewrote the enemy ai, so its not PERFECT anymore, BUT, it now doesent lag our game : P, we have added healthbars, levels, and currently working on XP, so please, any ideas on what we can do to make this game great?

#37 MovieGuy13

MovieGuy13

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 200 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 11:37 AM

Ride on dragons or other creatures:
So you get a creature and with it you can reach a location easily. But that is too easy, so you make it a minigame. If the player completes the minigame successfully he is at the place, but if he loses he is only half way and is health is low cause he just fell of a dragon and he loses his dragon.

#38 PixelPalace

PixelPalace

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1008 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 08:28 PM

I have an idea...crossbow "zoom"! When you get out an arrow,the screen should should go into a crosshair,so you could get better aim at your enemies. Simple...but still...