• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 YourFace

YourFace

Beats you up

• 732 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 11:41 PM

Posted Image

I made a min-room escape game called Rigor Mortis a while ago. You can search for it but the link might be dead. This is a reworking of that game. I hadn't used game maker in about a year when I started this, but I think I did pretty OK. I used Khelder's dialogue engine.

TIPS ( read this or you will get stuck )
- Click on things with the mouse
- Look up a HEX decoder ( you will need this to figure out the second room

This game contains a tiny little reference to drug use, and some gore.

Download

Edited by YourFace, 28 July 2009 - 02:01 AM.

#2 YourFace

YourFace

Beats you up

• 732 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 02:01 AM

updated. a lot of it is basically cut-scenes though..

#3 Angelo

Angelo

GMC Member

• 168 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 06:57 PM

I'm playing it right now! Just started actually, still in the first room. Looks creepy!

2 things I want to say, first you should make a way to skip the text faster, like holding down Z. Second, the graphics look lovely but the screen is too small. I think it would look better if there was an option to double the size of the screen (by using surfaces so it scales without getting blurry).

Is it complete?

#4 YourFace

YourFace

Beats you up

• 732 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 08:31 PM

I'm playing it right now! Just started actually, still in the first room. Looks creepy!

2 things I want to say, first you should make a way to skip the text faster, like holding down Z. Second, the graphics look lovely but the screen is too small. I think it would look better if there was an option to double the size of the screen (by using surfaces so it scales without getting blurry).

Is it complete?

It's still pretty early in development. A lot of it doesn't make sense now, but it will all make sense in the end.
About the scaling the screen- I haven't used game maker in a long time, so I don't know how to use surfaces. I'll have to look it up.

Also, I'm a little worried about the room in the screenshot. Should I change how you beat it?

#5 Angelo

Angelo

GMC Member

• 168 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 09:18 PM

Is it complete?

It's still pretty early in development. A lot of it doesn't make sense now, but it will all make sense in the end.
About the scaling the screen- I haven't used game maker in a long time, so I don't know how to use surfaces. I'll have to look it up.

Also, I'm a little worried about the room in the screenshot. Should I change how you beat it?

Actually I couldn't figure out what to do and I quit :P The truth is I didn't try long enough. I'll check it out again later. Another good idea might be to add saving and loading :P Or at least something that remembers the furthest room you've reached and let you start at that one. How many rooms are there/are you planning to add?

#6 YourFace

YourFace

Beats you up

• 732 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 09:26 PM

Actually I couldn't figure out what to do and I quit :P The truth is I didn't try long enough. I'll check it out again later. Another good idea might be to add saving and loading :P Or at least something that remembers the furthest room you've reached and let you start at that one. How many rooms are there/are you planning to add?

As many as I need to tell the story. I do a lot of writing, so I'm not really approaching this project in the traditional " making a game " sense, which is either a good or a bad thing. Saving will be added, and to beat the room you have to (spoiler ) hit F3 20 times , which is pretty stupid so I think I'm going to change that.

#7 Angelo

Angelo

GMC Member

• 168 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 09:31 PM

and to beat the room you have to (spoiler ) hit F3 20 times , which is pretty stupid so I think I'm going to change that.

Still better than in Uru: Path of the Shell where you somewhere had to (spoiler ) stand still on the same spot for 15 minutes