• GMC Member
  • 904 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 11:50 PM

Super Slime Soccer

Introduction
Super Slime Soccer is a well polished, actionpacked and humorous extension
of the classic Slime Soccer browser game. It features lots of different slimes,
areas and game modes, such as Versus mode, Championship and
Quickplay mode. Each slime has it's own special ability, which allows the player
to explore the slime's different forces and weaknesses. As the singleplayer
modes are completed, a huge selection of slimes will be unlocked.
It is highly recommended that you Super Slime Soccer against a friend,
as it will allow you the most exiting gameplay.

Screenshots

Posted Image

Details
File size:
GM version: GM7.0 Pro
Vsita Compatible: Yes
Screen Resolution: 560 x 400
Change Screen Resolution: No
Players: 1 or 2

Default Controls
Player 1:
Arrow keys and spacebar
Player 2:
ASDW and 1

Download link
SuperSlimeSoccer.com

Credits
All graphics, coding and sound is made my me, Jenner,
unless otherwise is stated below:

Crowd sound: Unknown author
Discomove sound: Kevin Macleod

Final comments
Please help me balance the different special abilities
by telling me which slimes you find good/bad.
Please help me balance the difficulty by telling me
if you find the game too easy or hard.
Please help me balance the AI by telling me if you
find a way to out smart it
Please report all bugs, errors or general dislikes.
Thank you.

Enjoy, Jenner

Edited by Jenner, 21 July 2009 - 04:14 AM.

#2 Honored

Honored

GMC Member

• 62 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 03:00 PM

This looks fun!

Im downloading as I type il edit this post soon.

The game was fun to play.
The only things to improve are those:

Make it a little bit easyer.
Very easy is realy VERY EASY and easy is alot harder.
you might want to make those a little more equal.
In the tutorial make space also go to the next message.

Those are only tips.
Not bad points.

It kept me playing long while i kept losing!

Keep up the good work!

Edited by Honored, 21 July 2009 - 03:18 PM.

#3 Mailas

Mailas

Send in the Mail

• GMC Member
  • 5900 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 21 July 2009 - 07:27 PM

I really enjoyed the work-in-progress ones you had before.
This game is extremely fun and enjoyable with all the cool special-abilities and such, I would
recommend it for anyone.

omQasih.jpg

#4 Orc Leader

Orc Leader

Confused but Grateful

• 609 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 12:43 AM

Yay, another Jenner game! I really like where you went with this game! I currently have two things to report.
1. I found a bug when Basketball Slime activates his power, and the ball scores/hits the rim (I'm not sure which) I got an extra point each time the error happens. I ended up with 13 points at the end. (You can just Ignore it)
for object obj_w_goal_basket:

In script scr_scored:
Error in code at line 1:
   if scoredone=true

at position 4: Unknown variable scoredone

2. The gray background for this level matches Magnet Slime's power bar. Making it kind of hard to know when you can use it.

Finally what's the difference between Magnet, Fisher, and Ice Slime's powers?

Thanks

Edited by Orc Leader, 22 July 2009 - 12:51 AM.

"This is Miller, he's fifteen years old. Miller is uh, probably the most rock and roll member of our crew.
He has seven wives and fiftythree children, and uh, he takes cocaine for breakfast, crack for lunch, and heroin for dinner."

-Chris Martin

#5 DPoole

DPoole

KwikLook Editor

• 188 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 23 July 2009 - 09:20 AM

Just thought I'd mention that I reviewed this game on the KwikLook Blog.

I really like every aspect of this game. It's obvious you've been working on it for quite a while. :)

Edited by DPoole, 23 July 2009 - 09:20 AM.

#6 feldrikwarlock

feldrikwarlock

GMC Member

• 8 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 11:56 AM

Great game!

I loved the special abilites and the graphics.

However I found some of the energy-recharge modes strange. In the offensive mode for instance you regenerate energy really fast as long as you´re standing at the opponents side of the map. I felt that the recharge rate was way to fast. Playing with the magneto-guy I could practically stop the ball from reaching my goal just by using my ability over and over again :mellow:

Still though, I loved the game!
MIDI-composer writing game music. Check out my youtube channel!

#7 zachTaylor

zachTaylor

GMC Member

• 329 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 07:29 AM

I am really glad this game had a 2 player mode. My brother and I play it all the time :P

Its a great game.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 Somelauw

Somelauw

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1096 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 31 July 2009 - 11:01 AM

I have played a lot of the earlier versions and like this one too. It seems the AI improved. There are just a couple of glitches.
The default mana loads a bit too fast in my opinion. I have gamemode on "very hard" and mana extend on "low" and I still think it loads pretty fast.

I think a couple of slimes are too good.
I think the ability of the female slime is too good. When she uses attraction there is no way to stop her from scoring. All you could do is trying to win before her mana has reloaded.
The boxer slime has a similair problem that if he is on your ground he can hit you again before you get back to consciousness. It's possible to win by avoiding him but if he gets the chance to hit you on your own terrain you could lose your consciousness until the nest goal.
The kosmos slime can create a black hole in the opponents goal and recharge it's ability before the opponent has pushed the ball back. (I haven't seen the AI exploiting this yet but I used it myself and it was pretty fun to feel invincible for a moment)
I also noticed the clone slime (I don't remember its name) can sometimes create 2 clones. I haven't tested this yet, but it might be possible that if she is on her opponents terrain she can create a whole football team. This might make her invincible for a while, but I haven't tested this yet.

Some other minors:
Invisibility is spelled wrong (in this sentence it's spelled correctly)
When dance slime dances, it's opponent is able to push the ball through the dancing slime.
I enjoyed the basketball slime the most, but the mode itself doesn't last that long.

#9 TerraFriedSheep

TerraFriedSheep

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3273 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 10:33 PM

I'm so glad to see this game back! Its a classic! :)

#10 sbeast64

sbeast64

GMC Member

• 57 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 11:05 PM

Seems too hard at the moment. How many do you have to beat in championshiop mode to actually get some Sp?

Edited by sbeast64, 02 August 2009 - 11:09 PM.

SBeast - Composer | www.sbeastmusic.com

#11 Orc Leader

Orc Leader

Confused but Grateful

• 609 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 11:18 PM

Seems too hard at the moment. How many do you have to beat in championshiop mode to actually get some Sp?

Three.
"This is Miller, he's fifteen years old. Miller is uh, probably the most rock and roll member of our crew.
He has seven wives and fiftythree children, and uh, he takes cocaine for breakfast, crack for lunch, and heroin for dinner."

-Chris Martin

#12 Broxter

Broxter

Jack Brockley

• GMC Member
  • 540 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 10:08 AM

I've literally spent hours on this game; I love it! :medieval: And I still have a few slimes to unlock.

#13 Diptoman

Diptoman

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1906 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 12:07 PM

Super Slime Soccer 4 -sort of- review

First impression (Before playing the game): The polished graphics, as shown in the screenshot, gives a very good first impression. The screenshot (and the topic setup) also suggests a good gameplay to come with the polished feel.

Graphics: The graphics in the game is simple, yet effective, nice, and well balanced. A few slimes, like the female slime and the normal slime, could have done with a little more detailing, but that's nothing major. Same for the (lots of new) backgrounds. They fit nicely. I see that the text-overlapping exists no more, and I like it.

Sounds and Musics: There's only one music in the game, so there's nothing much to say about it. It blends with the mood though. The sounds used are just as good and appropriate.

Gameplay: The gameplay of the game, is definitely the best element of the game. The gameplay is incredibly fun, which is by default of short length (which can however be increased). As mentioned before, the aim is to get the soccer ball (football, or rather 'bodyball') into the opponent's goal (using only one slime). Whoever achieves the target score first, wins. The ball physics are very accurate and realistic. The slimes have to use their body to kick the ball. But there is more to it. Each slime has a different and unique ability to assist in scoring. There are numerous slimes to choose, all of which (except the Normal slime) have a power which can be activated when the mana bar is at a required amount. Nice innovative addition, this system. It makes the game yet more attractive.
The abilities of the slimes are also quite balanced. The classic (normal) slime doesn't have any ability, so that is weak, and you should assign it something (I kind of feel it's even more weaker now than what it was in the demo, it's speed seems lesser). The runner slime's speed is still a con for it, as it moves too fast, which is very hard to control in the small play area. Also, if you are at the extreme end of the arena (with any slime), you can't jump (THIS IS MAJOR! FIX IT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!). Other than that, I have no complains (until now, 'cause I haven't unlocked all slimes).
However, I said this game is 'incredibly' fun, because the A.I. is very good. You can choose the difficulty, but the ' Very Easy' A.I. ain't too easy. A lesser difficulty should be added (really!). And the Championship mode is kind of annoying. It's really hard getting 3-in-a-row wins against that hard A.I.s. And the Quick matches offer only 5 sps for a win, so it doesn't really appeal to me!

Presentation: The game is very well presented and polished. However, there are (actually a lot of) menu bugs. Firstly, after you select 1-P match, start a match, and then go back, you will be taken to a screen where all the slimes are available. Selecting any one of those freezes the game. Apart from that, the selector can be moved over empty spaces and not only over the slimes which can be selected, which looks, well, weird.

Overall though, this is a very enjoyable game. I give it 4.8/5. Great work!

Edited by dmsuper, 04 March 2010 - 05:48 PM.

#14 bendter

bendter

GMC Member

• 1 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 03:46 PM

Great game, ive enjoyed it a lot. however having played the original slime soccer for so long, i do feel this game a bit slow and floaty, maybe you could add an option for it to play more like the original. as regards the abilities, they are all fantastic, but i'd improve the normal slime a bit to make it more appealing. As cool as the basketball mode is, i dont see much benefit now, so maybe you could make it jump higher, or something else. i also think the water slime is slightly underpowered.
And like others said, it should be easier.
Other than that, fantastic game!

PS: I noticed in the sprites folder there are some slimes that dont appear in the shop, is it possible to unlock any of those?

Edited by bendter, 22 August 2009 - 10:24 PM.

#15 ProgWare

ProgWare

GMC Member

• 150 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 09:03 PM

Wow great game I play it and i win all slimes
Wow i like the Cosmos slime and Super Slime

#16 fredcobain

fredcobain

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 165 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 09:54 PM

So fun!!! Love it!!
=)
I am an Posted Image in the GM Quiz!

#17 Syphilis

Syphilis

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 127 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 15 October 2009 - 03:15 AM

This game is making a second showing!
Really good game, been playing for 30 minutes!
...Female slime is an extremely hard opponent...

a responsive organization of small electrical charges packed with human meaning:  http://nurseostsaudy...mpkin-moonshine

#18 Vizorslash

Vizorslash

GMC Member

• 85 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 11:55 AM

Unlocked all slimes and won championship as all slimes. Very good game and fun to play against friends.

Good Job!

#19 Hoblibian research

Hoblibian research

GMC Member

• 1 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 09:42 AM

Great game and all that but: There are slimes in the sprite folder which don't appear in the game. Can you unlock those?

#20 DarkLopo

DarkLopo

GMC Elite

• GMC Member
  • 909 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 26 December 2009 - 01:57 PM

This is really fun game! Perhaps best game i have ever played, honestly :D... Because it is so addictive ;)
I can't wait until you make other one, if you do :P

5/5 Nice graps, too.

bt2.png

#21 [Cool*Beat]

[Cool*Beat]

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 141 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 04:38 AM

........¶¶¶¶¶¶...... ......¶¶¶¶¶¶
....¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶....¶¶ ¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
..¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶.. ......¶¶¶¶
¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶.. ......¶¶¶¶
¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶. ...¶¶¶¶¶
¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶ ..¶¶¶¶¶..
....¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶ ¶¶¶¶¶
..........¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶ ¶¶¶¶¶¶
..............¶¶¶¶¶¶ ¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
..................¶¶ ¶¶¶¶¶¶
.................... ..¶¶¶¶

WOW VERY NICE .... Now even have shop to buy smile with :whistle: , took me a while to win the AI thou...... :)

#22 Lbckf

Lbckf

GMC Member

• 243 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 01:53 AM

I've been playing this game with my brother since the first version and I still love it. Just one thing, Campaign is extremely hard! And also a slime maker would be nice, like having to choose a power you own and load a sprite from your computer or something like that.

#23 fergyvivapinata

fergyvivapinata

GMC Member

• 98 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 02:11 AM

The game is a bit difficult when it comes to the AI battles, but it's fun none the less.
I found that when you have the ball stationary to the left of the AI, the AI stays in place & you can hit the ball away.
You should also add more characters.
I'd like to give ideas.

Edit - Also, I looked at some sprite files in the pack for the game...& I found these slime name
pictures:
Australian: Looks like the crocodile hunter. Might have a boomerang as a special.
Builder: Seems to be just a hard hat. Might build a wall at goal as a special.
Cowboy: Similar to Australian, but obviously more of a cowboy. Might shoot a pistol as a special.
Nude Runner: Maniac like slime but with a skin color. No idea for special.
Diver: Can be seen on the Super Slime Soccer Banner, the scuba diver. Possibly has a harpoon.
Mud: A muddy character. Can't find possible special.
Murderer: A masked villain. Can't find special, he might have the pistol.
Music: A purple one with music notes. Not sure on special.
Retro: An outline slime. Doesn't seem to have a special.
There is also a volleyball + the net. Either a minigame or it's like the Basket Slime.
Are these future planned, secret, or what?

Edited by fergyvivapinata, 06 February 2010 - 06:11 AM.

#24 Kubanen

Kubanen

Vipers

• GMC Member
  • 1723 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 05:59 PM

UPDATE LINKS please ;d

I support

For its awesome gameplay & graphic style

#25 Supergohan1234

Supergohan1234

GMC Member

• 2 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 02:27 AM

Yeah even i've noticed the sprites in the data file but i was wondering how to get them?

i tried replacing classic slime for diver slime but then diver slime had no powers and he was still called classic slime.

it depends what power u want ur guy to have if u want diver to do explosions replace him with bomb slime.
if you guys find a way to make the slimes in data playable with thnks.
:lol:

#26 theg721

theg721

G Dawg

• GMC Member
  • 1959 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 18 July 2010 - 08:00 PM

@fergyvivapinata - Maybe Music has a boombox, and when the other team gets close, they get Rick Roll'd to death? :D

Anywho, the link is broken and the screenie dosen't show up. Oh well.

#27 moraboy

moraboy

GMC Member

• 11 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 06:08 PM

The link dosn't work anymore can you send me the newest please because i love this game :D