#1 That guy behind you

That guy behind you

Local Psychopath

• 1093 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 04:20 PM

Path of Time

Posted Image

Info:
Path of time is a SHMUP based around time travel. Once you have collected enough sand, you can activate your hourglass and cooperate with yourself from ten seconds in the past. You'll need to master the hourglass to progress through the five challenging levels. The game also features online highscores.

Controls:
Arrow keys to move.
Z to fire.
Space bar to activate the hourglass.

Links:
YoYoGames Page
Download from Box.net
Highscore Table

Music by Vlad2.

Edited by That guy behind you, 07 March 2010 - 09:27 PM.

#2 voltain

voltain

V.C.G

• GMC Member
  • 174 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 06:24 PM

Is this game by any chance inspired from Zeit2 (the 2 is squared)?

#3 That guy behind you

That guy behind you

Local Psychopath

• 1093 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 06:50 PM

Is this game by any chance inspired from Zeit2 (the 2 is squared)?

Nope, never heard of it. I got the idea from this game.

#4 That guy behind you

That guy behind you

Local Psychopath

• 1093 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 11:31 PM

So... anyone feel like playing?

#5 jsmithLMSL

jsmithLMSL

Katamari Devotee

• GMC Member
  • 1328 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 10:46 PM

Interesting. I like the minimal graphics. The usage of the time traveling is somewhat a hit or miss "luck" factor IE spread fire all over the screen, tip the glass, then you have rapid fire, but I really love the idea and it was quite clever.

I think you made a great project here.

To all who actually read, this is definitely worth a play. ;)

Edited by jsmithLMSL, 05 August 2009 - 10:47 PM.

Like Horror? Click to play ----> *SONNEILLON*

#6 That guy behind you

That guy behind you

Local Psychopath

• 1093 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 03:17 AM

Interesting. I like the minimal graphics. The usage of the time traveling is somewhat a hit or miss "luck" factor IE spread fire all over the screen, tip the glass, then you have rapid fire, but I really love the idea and it was quite clever.

I think you made a great project here.

To all who actually read, this is definitely worth a play. :rolleyes:

Thanks =).

#7 reigalius

reigalius

Generally Awesome

• 1170 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 08:15 PM

A little difficult but definitely an awesome game.
The 10 second thing was kind of bad because during the boss my 10 seconds guy was always at the wrong place. The boss would go left and I would go left, but when I had the 10 seconds guy, he went right. Very annoying because he didn't really help and I had to go through 10 more seconds of boss.

#8 That guy behind you

That guy behind you

Local Psychopath

• 1093 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 01:28 PM

Forgot about this topic...

A little difficult but definitely an awesome game.
The 10 second thing was kind of bad because during the boss my 10 seconds guy was always at the wrong place. The boss would go left and I would go left, but when I had the 10 seconds guy, he went right. Very annoying because he didn't really help and I had to go through 10 more seconds of boss.

Odd, I thought I got rid of that glitch. Anyway, thanks!

#9 monocledsardine

monocledsardine

GMC Member

• 2345 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 28 September 2009 - 08:30 PM

Ridiculously sweet game. Excellent graphics, excellent gameplay - extremely fun. I like the time feature a lot, though it could be used a bit more efficiently (not many of the things you have to do require you to be good with the hourglass function). I think altogether it might also be a bit too slow for some of the "casual gamers" here.

Does this have anything to do with the "Hourglass" storyline you wrote for the GMCG?

#10 greep

greep

Menaces with Spikes

• GMC Member
  • 2398 posts
  • Version:GM7

Posted 29 September 2009 - 05:17 PM

Really awesome :) Beat your little high score list bwahaha. This is probably the only shooter game I've ever played where strategy was a large factor beyond "Oh noes, lots of bullets, better use my safety bomb thing." Also, it's not bugged, as far as I can tell.

And monocled, the later stages are very much dependent on your hourglassing ;) Actually stage 2 boss and beyond really.

This really sucks that your games seem to get buried all the time TGBY :(

Edited by greep, 29 September 2009 - 05:26 PM.

GMC_Jam_11_SmallBanner_zps69ed8fdf.png
Spoiler

#11 AlexAR

AlexAR

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 173 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 29 September 2009 - 10:47 PM

The time travel is a great idea. But I find it really hard to distinguish enemy bullets from background debris. They're really small and you can't tell when you take a hit. Still though, great idea.

#12 That guy behind you

That guy behind you

Local Psychopath

• 1093 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 10:25 PM

Thanks for the responses/comments, everyone.

Does this have anything to do with the "Hourglass" storyline you wrote for the GMCG?

Only with the use of an hourglass to measure time.

Really awesome :) Beat your little high score list bwahaha. This is probably the only shooter game I've ever played where strategy was a large factor beyond "Oh noes, lots of bullets, better use my safety bomb thing." Also, it's not bugged, as far as I can tell.

And monocled, the later stages are very much dependent on your hourglassing ;) Actually stage 2 boss and beyond really.

This really sucks that your games seem to get buried all the time TGBY :(

I think you're the only person to ever beat it, unless someone didn't submit their highscore. Congrats!

And yeah, it does... though this time I did submit it to some website, where I got a few hundred plays.

Edited by That guy behind you, 30 September 2009 - 10:27 PM.

#13 That guy behind you

That guy behind you

Local Psychopath

• 1093 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 05:59 PM

Lack of plays is disappointing =(.

#14 monocledsardine

monocledsardine

GMC Member

• 2345 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 07:29 PM

Seriously, this is awesome, but it's waaay too slow for some people. Is there any way you could make things a little bit faster, so that more people actually get to the parts where you have to use the time effect?

#15 greep

greep

Menaces with Spikes

• GMC Member
  • 2398 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 07:31 AM

you could make an "easy" mode where you start out with sand limit + 1 level. It'd make the beginning easier so players would get farther AND give you more practice with it.
Spoiler

#16 monocledsardine

monocledsardine

GMC Member

• 2345 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 08:58 PM

Yay! This is in the cagematch now!

#17 That guy behind you

That guy behind you

Local Psychopath

• 1093 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 12:57 AM

Sorry for the late response, I've been working on at least three other projects.

Anyway, through sheer coincidence, I used Path of Time yesterday for a government-required school project. The group of teachers there told me I passed right after I finished, so I took it to mean they really liked it...

And I'll look in to an easier mode. Also, everyone remember to vote for this in the cage match!

Edited by That guy behind you, 15 November 2009 - 12:58 AM.

#18 monocledsardine

monocledsardine

GMC Member

• 2345 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 06:10 PM

I don't know... I was originally sort of annoyed at this game because of how long it took, not how hard it was. However, it did annoy me (and still really does) that you cannot start from any level you like (that you have reached, of course). I think if you simply added this feature, it would take a lot of the issues people have with it away, plus, it probably wouldn't take longer than half an hour to make the change.

Edited by monocledsardine, 15 November 2009 - 06:11 PM.

#19 That guy behind you

That guy behind you

Local Psychopath

• 1093 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 08:55 PM

I don't know... I was originally sort of annoyed at this game because of how long it took, not how hard it was. However, it did annoy me (and still really does) that you cannot start from any level you like (that you have reached, of course). I think if you simply added this feature, it would take a lot of the issues people have with it away, plus, it probably wouldn't take longer than half an hour to make the change.

Ok, I'll add that in the next version.

#20 greep

greep

Menaces with Spikes

• GMC Member
  • 2398 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 03:03 AM

Well you could do like Tohou games, where they give you several continues but your score gets reset if you continue. You would, naturally, keep all your abilities that you had at that point.

Edit: Btw, how is score calculated in the game anyways?

Edited by greep, 20 November 2009 - 03:04 AM.

Spoiler

#21 monocledsardine

monocledsardine

GMC Member

• 2345 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 07:46 AM

Sweet!

#22 That guy behind you

That guy behind you

Local Psychopath

• 1093 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 09:28 PM

Just updated the game, I forgot about it ages ago. Sorry about that.

#23 B Factory LLC

B Factory LLC

We're awesome!!

• 511 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 09:35 PM

Why must you download it!?

Really, the InstantPlay plugin needs to be updated to work with GM8 games, I really am so sick of downloading games.

But I did download, and its okay, but hard.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not

appreciate your neutrality.

Posted Image

Anti-Wikileaks Bill introduced in US Congress! (When the giant is mad, it hits hard...)

"So this is how liberty dies. With thunderous applause." - Padme

"The ruling class has the schools and press under its thumb. This enables it to sway the emotions of the masses." - Albert Einstein

Please check out my blog: My link