- Title: The Flexible Platform Engine
Ever wondered how Platform games are built, ever wanted to change anything you like in a game with just the changing of a few digits? Have you? Then today, your dreams come true as this is the FPE where all this and much, much more is possible! I will regularly update or try to update this engine and will add anything I see fit!
- GM Version: GM7 or later.
- Registered: Yes.
- File Type: .gmk
- File Size: 0.25 Mb
- File Link: Host-a.net
- Additional Info: If you use this, you MUST give credit. See the help file for more information.
- IN THE SPOTLIGHT:
Did you know...
- You can change parameters on the fly using triggers? This brings a whole new range of possibilities!
- The FPE is not only for use on the programmed-side but also graphical, and soon audio?
- The FPE comes with a fully complete documentation?
- There is a mechanism included for animated tilesets? (check the create event of oController)
- There is a highly experimental functionality for costumes in build 3, which will be expanded later on?
- Using the kill_player() script, you don't have to search up all your codes and append on what you want to happen when the player dies/gets hurt, just change the script!
*) These objects have 6 varieties, as-in, colors.
**) These objects have 4 varieties, as-in, directions.
***) These objects are part of the 'advanced' design (check documentation).
[*] Coming up next: (anything striped is done, but not yet released)
Fix bug 3.
The old-school Mill trap.
Blocks that fall after running over them.
Running system with stamina (the jumping will cost stamina too).
[*] Bug-list: (anything striped is fixed in the currently released version)
2) Player cannot double-jump when in a not appeared appearing block.
3) Player can gain back lost double-jumps when on top of a non-appeared appearing block.
Edited by T. Westendorp, 14 October 2009 - 08:25 AM.