JS Message Engine v2.2
Currently supported for version 8.1 and lower, Studio support will come with the new version.
I am honestly really astounded with the amount of times this has been viewed and downloaded (even to this day it is being downloaded) and I am very thankful to everyone who has tried this and provided feedback. I know I have been away for a while and there are still a few issues with this version that really should have been addressed a while ago, but I have been really unmotivated and busy to do it. However, I really do owe this to you guys and, as such, I would like to say that I shall be working on the new version of the engine during my spare time from this point on. It won't be one of my little projects that I put half-ass effort into, I will be aiming for a much better, smoother and user-based engine with functions you guys actually want. Because of that, I will be making three lists: wants, implementing and implemented on this post. Once the new version is ready I shall make a new topic and post on here for anyone following it. Thanks for using my engine and I hope this is worth the wait for you guys!
- Event system (OnOpen, OnClose, OnComplete, etc.) for more control over precise timing
- Sounds and voices (remember reading a request somewhere...)
- Individual message boxes each with their own customisations and message buffer (can still use a global style if preferred)
- Greater control and number of built-in animations (open for suggestions)
- Different animations for box in, transition and out
- Text has its own animations for in and out (open for suggestions)
- Textbox input box control (moving the cursor, inserting, highlighting, etc.)
- Animated image compatibility (character icons such as that seen in RPGs)
- More navigation options (keyboard, mouse and/or joystick in combination)
- Progression functions to force a message box to display the next message without direct input (progress a 'chat' cut-scene, progress when a player does something specific, etc.)
- User-coded animations via 'js3_animation_*()' functions
- Variable tween system with 14 different tweens, most with the option of easing in and/or out
Edited by Jazza4Lyf, 26 May 2013 - 05:39 PM.