OH! You are going to need this in order to play :
Arrows left and right = move
Up = interact ( when you see like a bubble with 3 dots on top of something )
down = duck
A = attack
S = jump
SHIFT = select weapon ( I know I shouldn't have used shift , sorry , will change it )
ESC = exit the game
ENTER = I think this loads the game for testing purposes , try not to press it accidentally , but maybe you will need it if you die or something .
If you find any bugs please report them pronto . You will be credited .
The To Do list :
-The game tears an awful lot , turn the synchronization on please . ( Overman ) I noticed this myself but turning the synchronization on makes the game run at a very low fps rate . What can I do ? I am using screen scaling scripts that draw the game on a surface and double the view scale , does that have anything to do with it ?
- The room transitioning is hard coded and stiff , it will be nicer to have smooth room transitions . ( Amidos ) I really don't know how to go about this , what is there is as far as I can go with what I know now . Any suggestions?
- The horizontal movement just cuts when you let go the key , maybe with a bit of speed and friction ... ( Sparky )
- Things should move smoothly, the character jumps to quickly . ( Lucaz )
- Lots of health showed up when I had full health. It would be better if health only showed up when you were injured. ( QOG)
- The way the camera works when you get to the vertical area of the cave level is a bit disorienting. ( tesko )
- When I tried playing it there were black blocks surrounding all the sprites. They weren't going transparent properly .I'm on Vista 64-bit if that helps . ( eepman )
- It's easy to bump into the boss accidentaly, especially if the distances between "reach the boss with your sword" and "touch the boss and get hurt" are so close. ( Cesque )
The suggestions list :
- I would like to hear some ambient noises . ( Overman )
- Add a few more background details in the dungeon areas... torches, vines, broken walls, etc. ( Farik )
The music list : ( Feel free to collaborate , I love midis but anything is welcome . )
Our first two sample songs brought to you by Overman .
All stages most end with a boss
There is no proper adventure without a cave
YouTube video brought to you by AuthenticKaizen ( http://www.youtube.c...AuthenticKaizen ) :
And the game :
I hope you enjoy what is there of this project .Leave your thoughts and suggestions , all feedback is welcome . Enjoy !
Edited by Alexitrón, 13 July 2009 - 05:13 AM.