Photo

Cage Match 203

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

Poll: Cage Match 203 (47 member(s) have cast votes)

Please Choose...

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Ablach Blackrat

Ablach Blackrat

GMC Member

• GMC Elder
  • 1215 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 20 June 2009 - 04:24 PM

The results of last weeks Cage Match are as follows...

Crazy Over Goo by banov.....30
Crystal Universe: Aftermath by JMchaos.....13

Which means that banov has won four matches in a row and becomes a two-time Hall of Famer. Congratulations! Time for two new games...

Cage Match 203 (ends on the 27th of June)

Constellation Chaos by scattle

Yoyo Games Link
GMC Link

The Rise of Magus by Silent Ellipsis
Yoyo Games Link
GMC Link

#2 Obilink

Obilink

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 394 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 11:34 PM

Well...I guess I will post first. I am honestly surprised that Constellation Chaos is winning, because the other is a superior game. However, I feel that an original game always outweighs a fan game. I feel the original should be commended because it is an original idea and not someone else's.

~ Obilink

#3 ramses12

ramses12

• GMC Member
  • 5769 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 22 June 2009 - 09:12 AM

The idea makes the game!
However Rise of Magus' graphics and gameplay are very good and it's not sure Constellation Chaos is winning.

#4 Silent Ellipsis

Silent Ellipsis

GMC Member

• 12 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 06:17 PM

Oh, we can post? I guess I just assumed it was locked...

In any case, it seems to me that they're a little hard to compare. I obviously like my own game, and I think it has a lot more content and depth, but it is also a fan game.

Moreover, I expect many players are voting based on their first couple minutes of play - which makes sense, but probably will work against me. Apparently a lot of people also respond very negatively to the file size (over 16 MB). Of course, I appreciate it whenever someone can tell me why they responded negatively to my game, but in the absence of that I need to guess, and it seems like the major factor is how easy it is to pick up and play for a few minutes. By that measure Constellation Chaos clearly wins.

Edited by Silent Ellipsis, 22 June 2009 - 06:19 PM.

Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...

Play my game: The Rise of Magus

#5 Vizorslash

Vizorslash

GMC Member

• 85 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 07:46 AM

(Off Topic... I think): Probably voiced before but I don't think that rating two games that are different in style (Minigame, Adventure game) is a smart way of deciding which game is better (even though this is usually a popularity contest).

That said, I don't have any ideas on fixing this as good games of the same genre don't always come out around the same time and rarely in favour for a Cage Match.

Being the hypocrite I am though, I voted for Constellation Chaos as it had a new premise that could be expanded on while ROTM was a fan game. It was a good game but I've never been one for a fan game. At least it was taken in a new direction instead of being a copy like most fan games.

#6 Alexitrón

Alexitrón

GMC Member

• 114 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 02:39 AM

I voted Constellation Chaos . Is original and addictive .Also bonus points for the nice looks .
I got nothing against fan games , maybe if it was The Rise of Samus I would have fell for it .
Good job both of you !