- Title: Fake 3D Trees
- Description: This shows a quick and simple methode to create fake 3D trees for TDS- and/or RPG games. To make it work with GM Lite, just remove or comment out the Create Event in obj_Tree and make all tree sprites transparent.
- Made With: GM7 Pro
- Registered: Yes (and No, read Description)
- File Type: .gmk
- File Size: ~120 Kb
Download (secondary link if above isn't visible)
Fixes and additions
* Separated the shadow from the bottom tree layer so the shadow stays at the same place
* Made the shadow softer for a nicer look
* The player can no longer walk through tree bases
I DID NOT MAKE THE TREE SPRITES! All credits for those sprites goes to Newly Discovered!
I used his tree sprites because they works perfectly for this example and I can't make trees myself.
To make it work with GM Lite, just remove or comment out the Create Event in obj_Tree and make all tree sprites transparent.
Controls are Arrow keys to move the player and ENTER to switch debug mode on and off.
Everything about this engine is commented in the .gmk file
Edited by C.Zorg, 24 June 2009 - 12:41 PM.