Photo

Stasis | Action Platformer | Alpha v0.04a out now!

• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

#1 WeThePuppets

WeThePuppets

TeamSkyfire

• GMC Member
  • 704 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 15 June 2009 - 05:34 AM

Scroll to second post for current news & information!

Posted Image
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and track us on IndieDB!

Note: This game will require a newer computer to run. Please let us know your specs when you comment!

stasis

Stasis is an action platformer developed by TeamSkyfire. The game will feature intense fights, spectacular action, and a chilling, dystopian story. Attention to detail (blood, bits, and pieces) has been a priority of ours in this game, and we hope you appreciate it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlArwl2EoDc&hd=1
Stasis Gamemodes - Riot Mode Trailer! Be sure to watch in HD!

Posted Image
Just look at all that flying meat!

Posted Image
Quadruple kill and lookin' for mo'.

With v0.04, a lot of changes have happened. In fact, too many to list here. Stasis has simply changed so much since we last updated it, it's nearly impossible to list all of the tweaks, fixes, and changes made. The two most noticeable changes since the last update are that the game now runs in a much larger and widescreen resolution (960x540). A ton of other changes accompany this, such as blood decals, code optimization, and complete reworking of the AI.

The second major addition Riot mode has been added to the game. Riot is an action-packed, guns-blazing, kill-or-be-killed gamemode where the aim is to rack up the highest score possible by killing (and chain-killing!) enemy soldiers. Brutal gameplay and fast-paced action will keep you coming back to top your highest score. Feel free to upload a screenshot of your highest score and boast about how lethal of a Rioter you are! Riot is all about guts and glory to the end!

Update List:
Stasis v0.01 | 06/21/09 | Initial demo! This is our first test demo, just to show off SOME of what we've been working hard on!
Stasis v0.02 | 08/16/09 | Second demo! This is our second demo, in which we've cleaned stuff up, refined gameplay, and added more gameplay elements!
Stasis v0.03 | 01/18/10 | Third demo! This is our third demo, which brings online gameplay to the table! Featuring three maps, two game modes, and a friends list!
Stasis v0.04 | 01/07/12 | Fourth alpha! This release contains a WIP gamemode, Riot, which encourages players to chain-kill and rack up score as multiple waves of enemies attempt to kill them.
Stasis v0.04a | 01/09/12 | Fixed some minor bugs and tweaked a few things for a fixed Alpha v0.04.

Download Current Version:
Download Stasis v0.04a

Thanks for trying out Stasis v0.04a! Be sure to comment and leave some kind of feedback! It's much appreciated!

Sokota and TeamSkyfire

Edited by Sokota, 13 January 2012 - 02:20 AM.

Posted Image
Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | Watch the new Stasis Gamemodes - Riot Trailer!

#2 WeThePuppets

WeThePuppets

TeamSkyfire

• GMC Member
  • 704 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 05:37 AM

READ THIS

January 9, 2012
Released a fixed of Alpha v0.04, Alpha v0.04a. Fixed some issues users were having.
Download Stasis v0.04a

January 9, 2012
We are very happy to release a brand new trailer for Stasis, which showcases Riot, a gamemode in which the player racks up score by connecting kills of enemies all while trying to stay alive and earn a highscore! Check it out below!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlArwl2EoDc&hd=1
(And we strongly suggest watching it in HD on Youtube!)

And what would a sexy trailer be without the meat and potatoes? We've released the download for Stasis Alpha v0.04 HERE! Play it now, play it now! And leave some constructive feedback, of course!

With the new year comes new determination and although people thought us to be off chasing rainbows, we really are here and we really are working on this game. So keep up as we plan on releasing more content on a regular basis! So what are you waiting for? Watch the trailer, leave us some comments! Play the game, leave us some comments! Leave us some comments, then leave us some comments on those comments! We want your feedback to help make Stasis better! Get killin'!

April 17, 2011
I know it's been over a year and that this small trailer won't constitute for such an extended silence from us, but we hope it will inspire you to hope for our next installment as we are finally coming out of cryo and beginning to warm up heartily to some good ole' Stasis development.

Stasis - Clustergun Trailer

March 24, 2010
We've added a new banner so you can support us in more ways! (Yeah so two ways does count as way"s"!). Hope you enjoy it, and yes, I did make that drawing myself. It's a hint at what's to come. For more info, check this post!
[1]Posted Image

[2]http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/7205/newstasisloaderpng.png

[1][url="http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=436073"][img]http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/8833/sketchbanner.png[/img][/url]
[2][url="http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=436073"][img]http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/7205/newstasisloaderpng.png[/img][/url]

And no, I'm not dead.

January 19, 2010
Due to an error on one of the multiplayer maps, a new file has been uploaded. Sorry guys!

January 18, 2010
After a day of trailer viewing and pantswetting, it's time for the update! Lo and behold, Stasis v0.03! Read up about all the details here! Get out there and play some!

January 18, 2010
So after quite a long haul and hiatus, Stasis has a new gameplay trailer out: Stasisv0.03 Teaser! Watch it now! In HD!

News: August 16, 2009
Stasis v0.02 is out! Oh yeah! Be sure to check out all the details in this post! Be sure to comment and gives us feedback so we can keep feeding you updates!

August 14, 2009
New gameplay trailer out: Stasisv0.02 Teaser! Watch it now!

June 16, 2009
Okay, so to keep the first post clean and organized, I'll post other junk here. So far, the game is basically a test room for stuff. We haven't released everything in this demo yet, v0.01, so be expecting more to come! I won't set dates or anything, as I do have a summer job, but be on the look out!

Also! Please join the forum! We need all the members and support we can get, as you guys keep us going! Be aware that we are under a spam attack at the moment though, so if we accidentally delete your user name, just send us a PM on the forum (After signing back up) and we will be sure that it doesn't happen again! And just a note, there are no ads! We have our own domain, so enjoy our professional forum!

We would like feedback and constructive criticism from you guys, as well as bug reports and glitch reports! Thanks for playing Stasis! We hope you enjoyed it!

Sokota and TeamSkyfire

Edited by Sokota, 14 January 2012 - 10:25 PM.

Posted Image
Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | Watch the new Stasis Gamemodes - Riot Trailer!

#3 Captain Ricco

Captain Ricco

GMC Member

• 437 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 06:34 AM

It ran pretty slow on my computer, lagged like hell, and those turrets always kill you, theres no way of killin the damn things if they spot you, you hav to kill em before it gets to aim atyou, after that its impossible!
Liked the chasing land mines, i dont think ive seen those before. Exploding barrels and the gory hanged pieces of meat were nice also.

But it makes me sad that my computar cant run a freakin 2d sidescroller properly, i mean, its almost insulting lol
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 WeThePuppets

WeThePuppets

TeamSkyfire

• GMC Member
  • 704 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:19 AM

Warning: This game will require a newer computer to run. Please let us know your specs when you comment!

Yeah, the warning is there for a reason. The game is pretty intensive to run. Although, on my Core Duo Macbook running windows, I get a 30/30 frame rate throughout, and only experience any lag at all when there are 10 enemies getting blown into a greasily mess. I put the warning there for a reason. :)

It ran pretty slow on my computer, lagged like hell, and those turrets always kill you, theres no way of killin the damn things if they spot you, you hav to kill em before it gets to aim atyou, after that its impossible!
Liked the chasing land mines, i dont think ive seen those before. Exploding barrels and the gory hanged pieces of meat were nice also.

Yeah turrets are a killer. But they are takedownable. Just harder. We will work on them some more, for sure. The mines are fun to mess with haha. They hit anybody! Thanks for the compliments.

But it makes me sad that my computar cant run a freakin 2d sidescroller properly, i mean, its almost insulting lol

I feel your pain. My old desktop was a Pentium III, 800 mhz! Yeah..Once again, thanks for being the first to try out Stasis!

Sokota

Posted Image

#5 BattleRifle BR55

BattleRifle BR55

Let Live

• GMC Member
  • 10316 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:35 AM

That was pretty cool, but I think it needs to incorporate some kind of a heavy feel to it. I felt like it played like any other platform shooter, just jumping and shooting to save myself. This truly has a lot of potential and I would hate to see it wasted because of something like this.
Jmds8UL.png

#6 Krisando

Krisando

GMC Member

• 1351 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 10:47 AM

Might I say, It looks really nice. I can tell you've put alot of time into the spriting.

Posted Image

#7 Seth52

Seth52

TeamSkyfire

• GMC Member
  • 664 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:24 PM

Yeah sorry about that. My computer isn't the fastest, either. Haha. Eventually we will add an optimization feature that'll hopefully allow for smoother gameplay on slower cpu's.

That was pretty cool, but I think it needs to incorporate some kind of a heavy feel to it. I felt like it played like any other platform shooter, just jumping and shooting to save myself. This truly has a lot of potential and I would hate to see it wasted because of something like this.

With the game being so early in development, I'll admit thats basically what the game is at the moment. Expect to see big changes in the overall feel of and play the game as we add in music, mission objectives, cutscenes, and extra abilities for the player. Don't worry xD, and thanks for playing!

Might I say, It looks really nice. I can tell you've put alot of time into the spriting.

Why thank you. We've gone through quite a few graphics revamps. Three, I think xD, and I think it paid off.

Posted Image
[ Like us! -Posted Image : Posted Image- Follow us! ]

#8 BattleRifle BR55

BattleRifle BR55

Let Live

• GMC Member
  • 10316 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:28 PM

With the game being so early in development, I'll admit thats basically what the game is at the moment. Expect to see big changes in the overall feel of and play the game as we add in music, mission objectives, cutscenes, and extra abilities for the player. Don't worry xD, and thanks for playing!

I hope you didn't mean me to take that this is what I felt the game will stay as, I just wanted to voice my opinion because the graphics really bring out that heavy feeling :)
Jmds8UL.png

#9 Krisando

Krisando

GMC Member

• 1351 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 08:45 AM

Is it using GM ragdolls for the characters? Or did you make your own system? Makes it quite fun to kill :)

Posted Image

#10 trevuar25

trevuar25

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 767 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 05:21 PM

no music, come on! haha

#11 Mailas

Mailas

Send in the Mail

• GMC Member
  • 5900 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 02:08 AM

Oh man this game is pretty insane man!
The graphics look amazing, the gameplay rules, nice effects (snow, clips, shooting, reloading, nades, blood),
I especially liked the view movement too.

Incredibly well done man, keep it up.

PS: I looked in the game_errors.txt file and found this:
ERROR in
action number 1
of Destroy Event
for object obj_bullet:

Error in code at line 7:

if(pickup>0){

at position 5: Unknown variable pickup

I also noticed you can't get rid of the pistol.

Edited by Mailas, 17 June 2009 - 02:11 AM.

omQasih.jpg

#12 WeThePuppets

WeThePuppets

TeamSkyfire

• GMC Member
  • 704 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 04:54 PM

I hope you didn't mean me to take that this is what I felt the game will stay as, I just wanted to voice my opinion because the graphics really bring out that heavy feeling :P

Heavy feeling? What exactly do you mean? Glad you like it so far!

Is it using GM ragdolls for the characters? Or did you make your own system? Makes it quite fun to kill ::lmao::

We made our own ragdolls, so everything in the game is original thus far. I think. We don't even have any .dlls on it yet. Probably will need to use some for multiplayer though.

no music, come on! haha

Well the reason for that, Trevor, is that it would only increase the filesize more, and, your music is so awesome we need to encrypt it first! ;)

Oh man this game is pretty insane man!
The graphics look amazing, the gameplay rules, nice effects (snow, clips, shooting, reloading, nades, blood),
I especially liked the view movement too.

Incredibly well done man, keep it up.

PS: I looked in the game_errors.txt file and found this:

ERROR in
action number 1
of Destroy Event
for object obj_bullet:

Error in code at line 7:

if(pickup>0){

at position 5: Unknown variable pickup

I also noticed you can't get rid of the pistol.

Glad you like it so much Mailas! Coming from you, that really made my day! We will work on it more, of course, so keep your hopes high!

Also, everyone, read the second post! That's where I'll give you random news updates and stuff. Thanks for the support everyone! Oh yeah, if you liked the game, spread the word!

Sokota

Posted Image

#13 davidp

davidp

GMC Member

• 1240 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 09:37 AM

wow, awesome game so far. nice sound (especially bullet hits) and graphics effects (especially rope swinging, gore, explosions). nicely done graphics, smooth movement, weapon system...

so far so good, keep up the good work, you have something really good going on.

forgot to post my specs:

radeon1250, amd sempron 2.2ghz, 1gb ram (shared with radeon), xp with sp2
got 30/30

Edited by davidp, 19 June 2009 - 09:45 AM.

#14 Lithium

Lithium

Spitfire Member

• GMC Member
  • 1477 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 06:45 AM

That was really cool. I liked how the mines jumped up out of the ground. The effects were awesome, especially the explosions. Good game, can't wait to see a storyline in it.

E1JdWqS.png

FCO now in Alpha testing phase

http://fco2.forumotion.cc/

#15 ninjutsu63

ninjutsu63

GMC Member

• 1128 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 12:52 PM

Nice job. The effects and physics were very cool, and fit well with the sound.
Possibly my only complaint was that the sniper rifle was rather inaccurate. With a sniper rifle it's nice to have your shots go exactly where you want the to go.
The Entropy Movement

Agent-Third Person Shooter -"Wow! That was the best 3d TPS I've ever played on GM!"

#16 Seth52

Seth52

TeamSkyfire

• GMC Member
  • 664 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 01:28 AM

@ Every living human being
Well, recently I've been working to improve the speed of the game, and I think I've succeeded in boosting it up quite a bit. So, expect for the game to run smoother in the next update!

@ True Valhalla:

-If you shoot beneath you while in mid air with a pistol (I think it was pistol), you can kill yourself because you get damaged by your own bullets on the way down.
-The cursor completely disappeared on 5 seperate occasions, but the game was so fun that I quit and reloaded just to go again. Mouse was totally gone. On that note, it would be nice if you froze the window when the window isn't selected.

Haha, oops. Forgot about that.
I think I may know what happend with the cursor disappearance. A while back, I added a hotkey to be able to switch off the mouse cursor. This was for Sokota, so he could make a trailer, I think. Anyway, you may have accidentally pressed the <2> digit key. That would explain it.

+I loved the whole feel of the game. If I had any suggestions: make the human enemies more powerful. I'd love to fight a squad of them in a heated battle using cover and such. I'd also like the environment to play a bigger role in combat. ie. Fighting a squad, turret above them shooting at you to as you've behind cover: get a few shots into the turret so it falls on the squad. Simply combat situations like that would add so much.

Suggestions taken. I am constantly updating the AI, making it smarter and more dynamic, so the enemies will become smarter and harder to kill. If this becomes a problem for some people, I'll probably add in a difficulty setting, so everyone can have a chance ^_^
Heh, I kinda like that idea about the turret falling. But yeah, good point.

I also suggest you change the snowy-ground tile. It is very average compared to the rest of the graphics.

Aww, I made those :P. No problem, I'll look into improving it.

Thanks for playing!

@ davidp && pat_stix:
Thanks guys, glad you enjoyed it. We have a pretty epic story in the works for this game. Be prepared!

@ ninjutsu63:
Yes, the sniper rifle is inaccurate, but thats only if you are standing. Its also even more inaccurate if your jumping. But, if you're crouching, it is %100 accurate :). Sorry for not mentioning that.

Edited by Seth52, 21 June 2009 - 01:30 AM.

Posted Image

#17 WeThePuppets

WeThePuppets

TeamSkyfire

• GMC Member
  • 704 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 04:51 AM

I think Seth addressed most issues you guys had, or comments anyways. Thanks for all the great words! I'll have to make a quote list..hehe. Anyways, just want to say, it's my birthday today!, and all of the great replies are a good present! If you could spread the word about the game, that would be great!

Sokota

Edited by Sokota, 22 June 2009 - 04:51 AM.

Posted Image

#18 trevuar25

trevuar25

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 767 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 08:24 PM

Can't wait till the next update!

#19 TheMitch21

TheMitch21

Nightmare Studios Owner

• 836 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 09:42 PM

This game will go far. I can see it now.

#20 linx137520

linx137520

Graphics Designer

• 1284 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 08:39 AM

Hmm this is pretty fun :P, im not sure if this hasn't been suggested already but maybe there could be dual wielding, and possibly the grenades not blowing up the second they hit the ground.

Edit: Nevermind found out the control to switching weapons. :P

Edited by linx137520, 30 June 2009 - 08:45 AM.

Posted ImageLinx~

#21 trevuar25

trevuar25

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 767 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 04:31 AM

there are different types of nades :) there are 3 so far I think.

#22 Seth52

Seth52

TeamSkyfire

• GMC Member
  • 664 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 06:33 PM

im not sure if this hasn't been suggested already but maybe there could be dual wielding, and possibly the grenades not blowing up the second they hit the ground.

Yeah, we've disscussed dual wielding a bit. We'll think about it a bit more.

As for the grenades, as Trevor said there is more grenades that aren't in the demo, so don't worry. More than three, too :huh:

Posted Image

#23 linx137520

linx137520

Graphics Designer

• 1284 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 06:58 PM

I found a way to duplicate dual weilding :huh:. I kept pressing the button for whatever direction i needed to move, while holding the "pick up weapon key".
Posted ImageLinx~

#24 Alex Muncatchy

Alex Muncatchy

GMC Member

• 1168 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 03:43 PM

very impressive!
slick interface, smooth gameplay, definitely one to watch.
I'm not dead.
Releasing demo soon-ish.
game 4 years in the making.

#25 orange08

orange08

Art Game Movement

• GMC Member
  • 2272 posts
  • Version:GM:HTML5

Posted 02 July 2009 - 04:03 PM

Im definitely gonna play this...
And edit!

Z8vrE7W.png WRhLqHy.png
"I'm just glad Off-topic isn't being removed. Otherwise I risk actually doing something productive." -RoyTheShort

#26 WeThePuppets

WeThePuppets

TeamSkyfire

• GMC Member
  • 704 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 07:10 PM

very impressive!

One to watch, and hopefully one to play? Thanks for all the comments guys! But I hope we can get some more constructive feedback! The more feedback we get, the faster we can get things done.

Sokota

Posted Image

#27 Mailas

Mailas

Send in the Mail

• GMC Member
  • 5900 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 10:36 PM

very impressive!

One to watch, and hopefully one to play? Thanks for all the comments guys! But I hope we can get some more constructive feedback! The more feedback we get, the faster we can get things done.

Sokota

I agree, even though the game is just a demo, it still looks pretty phenomenal.

omQasih.jpg

#28 trevuar25

trevuar25

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 767 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 07:44 PM

What features would you guys like to see in the next update?

#29 orange08

orange08

Art Game Movement

• GMC Member
  • 2272 posts
  • Version:GM:HTML5

Posted 08 July 2009 - 07:25 PM

What features would you guys like to see in the next update?

EXPLOSIONS AND DEATH!!!

Oh wait... you already have that.
Well, first, you need to have ammo packs, that add ammo to the gun your holding(They disappear after you get one). And enemies should drop their weapons when they die (Or maybe drop ammo packs?).
The rocket launcher never ran out of ammo, erm.. This was somewhat strange. I would fix it if I were you.

If I have any more Ideas I will post.

-orange08

Edit: I know this is pretty much a redoing of Frozyn.

Edited by orange08, 08 July 2009 - 07:28 PM.

Z8vrE7W.png WRhLqHy.png
"I'm just glad Off-topic isn't being removed. Otherwise I risk actually doing something productive." -RoyTheShort

#30 Seth52

Seth52

TeamSkyfire

• GMC Member
  • 664 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 07:12 PM

<_< Thanks for your suggestions. Though in the current build there is infinite ammo no matter which gun you are using. This will change, though.

Its not a redoing of it. Its a whole new game. :lol:

Posted Image

#31 infinitygames

infinitygames

GMC Member

• 254 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 04:33 AM

Hey. great game loved the graphics and blood, smooth controling and nice gameplay,

Gameplay: 8/10
Graphics: 9/10
Sound: 7/10

Overall: 9/10 :)

Edited by infinitygames, 22 July 2009 - 04:39 AM.

I'm often bored, if you need any help I can always see what I can do!
"lemmon1994@hotmail.com"

#32 chaz13

chaz13

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4214 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 01:59 PM

I can't believe I didn't realise you had released it- The forums were down a while ago and I hadn't had contact with any of you for a while. I was talking to cody last night, and he was helping me work on the level editor so I can finally get some things done :)

In terms of the game, it's looking really nice. It ran perfectly well on my computer, and there's something so sadistically pleasing about the gore!

#33 WeThePuppets

WeThePuppets

TeamSkyfire

• GMC Member
  • 704 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 08:15 AM

:P Thanks for your suggestions. Though in the current build there is infinite ammo no matter which gun you are using. This will change, though.

Its not a redoing of it. Its a whole new game. :P

What he said. :)

Hey. great game loved the graphics and blood, smooth controling and nice gameplay,

Gameplay: 8/10
Graphics: 9/10
Sound: 7/10

Overall: 9/10 ;)

Thanks! And this is just an engine, wait till you see the story direction and other goodies we have in store!

I can't believe I didn't realise you had released it- The forums were down a while ago and I hadn't had contact with any of you for a while. I was talking to cody last night, and he was helping me work on the level editor so I can finally get some things done :ph34r:

In terms of the game, it's looking really nice. It ran perfectly well on my computer, and there's something so sadistically pleasing about the gore!

Hehe, oh yeah! And we're only gonna work on the gore and fine tune it even more. I'm glad it ran perfectly well, as it seems some are having problems with it. Though this should be fixed next update. Speaking of updates, can't promise the next actual date or anything, but the next update will be great!

Sokota

Posted Image

#34 zachTaylor

zachTaylor

GMC Member

• 329 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 02:27 AM

I cannot play it right now because I have no mouse(on a laptop), but it looks amazing. I will play it later for sure. The graphics look great, and by what I played, it feels very professional.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#35 Southman

Southman

I simply am not here

• GMC Member
  • 1662 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 07:00 PM

really fun demo
a problem
i was happily jumping through the air while shooting my rpgs at the cute little mines, when i died and flew across the room
i tried it again with the uzi(i think that is what that is) and it hurt me a little

#36 zachTaylor

zachTaylor

GMC Member

• 329 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 07:47 PM

I finally got around to playing it, and i must say I'm impressed. The only problem I had was that I couldn't make it full screen so I kept clicking outside the screen instead of shooting. Other than that, I had quite a bit of fun. The graphics were good and so was the atmosphere. The effects were professional looking. At first I had a problem with the robots on the ceiling, but after I found the other guns it was pretty easy.

I am looking forward to updates.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#37 WeThePuppets

WeThePuppets

TeamSkyfire

• GMC Member
  • 704 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 04:11 AM

really fun demo
a problem
i was happily jumping through the air while shooting my rpgs at the cute little mines, when i died and flew across the room
i tried it again with the uzi(i think that is what that is) and it hurt me a little

Hm, odd. I know that there is a glitch on the sides of the room. Shoot the ground with rockets or grenades near you to send yourself flying out the upper part of the invisible wall. Kinda funny actually. Is this what you're talking about? If not, could you make a video?

I finally got around to playing it, and i must say I'm impressed. The only problem I had was that I couldn't make it full screen so I kept clicking outside the screen instead of shooting. Other than that, I had quite a bit of fun. The graphics were good and so was the atmosphere. The effects were professional looking. At first I had a problem with the robots on the ceiling, but after I found the other guns it was pretty easy.

I am looking forward to updates.

Okay well, the AI is gonna get an upgrade and there are gonna be lots more enemies. And there will be more ways to interact with objects, without guns (Mahaha). I can't say when that will be implemented though. Also, there is fullscreen! Go into options, and in the graphics options you can set it to fullscreen. The game will remember your settings, so no need to change them again! We plan to have many more options to make the game more optimizable. I'm glad you enjoyed our first demo. We are working on an update, just give us some time as we want to make it really good.

Sokota

Posted Image

#38 Southman

Southman

I simply am not here

• GMC Member
  • 1662 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 04:23 AM

really fun demo
a problem

Hm, odd. I know that there is a glitch on the sides of the room. Shoot the ground with rockets or grenades near you to send yourself flying out the upper part of the invisible wall. Kinda funny actually. Is this what you're talking about? If not, could you make a video?

sure, i will edit this post
EDIT:
heres teh vid

Edited by bikekid2222, 06 August 2009 - 05:19 AM.

#39 WeThePuppets

WeThePuppets

TeamSkyfire

• GMC Member
  • 704 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 10:09 PM

Ah thank you. I know what that glitch is. It's the 'shooting yourself in the foot' glitch. Yep, it happens. People really shoot themselves in the foot! Just don't aim completely straight down for now (It should be fixed next update), and you'll be okay. The second death in the video you just killed yourself, lawls. Rocketjump fail. Anyways thanks for making the video! You literally blew both feet off, haha.

Sokota

Posted Image

#40 Mailas

Mailas

Send in the Mail

• GMC Member
  • 5900 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 02:39 AM

I do hope people could comment on this more, even though there isn't a lot to play yet its still
pretty amazing and I hope to work with them on it soon.

omQasih.jpg

#41 e_barroga

e_barroga

ES Studios Leader

• GMC Member
  • 2475 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 03:21 AM

You should add some parallax backgrounds.

rsa_gmc_sig.png

logoGIF1.gif EXTENSION. PM TO PURCHASE LICENSE.

#42 mr glasses

mr glasses

GMC Member

• 425 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 12:33 AM

Downloading now....could you add an option to turn off the blood? The screen shots look really interesting, I will edit this post when I'm done playing.

Really good looking menu! The physics are also very solid. It does run slowly though. Perhaps having a turn off blood option as well? The graphics are consistant and the animations are good. Overall, Great job!

Edited by mr glasses, 08 August 2009 - 12:37 AM.

Eternal World Online
Click here to see if the server is online. If you want more details, click here to see the latest server/glitch/release information.

#43 jakman4242

jakman4242

Vertical Shmup Junkie

• 3222 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 03:24 AM

Downloading now....could you add an option to turn off the blood? The screen shots look really interesting, I will edit this post when I'm done playing.

Really good looking menu! The physics are also very solid. It does run slowly though. Perhaps having a turn off blood option as well? The graphics are consistant and the animations are good. Overall, Great job!

Did you even look for it? Honestly.

Go into options->graphics from the main menu. Turn 'Gore' to off. :medieval:
-- My blog. --

#44 Phantom107

Phantom107

Graphics Enthusiast

• GMC Member
  • 2774 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 08:08 PM

The is pretty promising so far. I liked the graphics and the action.

But here are some tips:
- Make an option to make the game able to run 60 fps.
- There should be a way to cover. The game is a bit unfair now.
- Right now the snow just spawns in. That isn't good. Get the particle system going a number of steps before play with part_system_update(ind).

GMCSignature.png

The most advanced GM game yet. Check out the Titan Rush GMC topic here! Developed by Phantom Technology

Talented spriting artist, looking for work? PM me. I'm working on a small project and need assistance. :)

#45 jakman4242

jakman4242

Vertical Shmup Junkie

• 3222 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 09:00 AM

The is pretty promising so far. I liked the graphics and the action.

But here are some tips:
- Make an option to make the game able to run 60 fps.
- There should be a way to cover. The game is a bit unfair now.
- Right now the snow just spawns in. That isn't good. Get the particle system going a number of steps before play with part_system_update(ind).

In regards to your -'d suggestions in respective order:
1) I've been getting at Seth about converting the FPS to 60 for a while, but that might cause issues for people with slower computers. An option for it would work well, but it's not top priority for us right now.
2) Me and AJ talked about this last night, a method of cover, along with more powerful shooting dynamics should be coming at you soon.
3) I find this suggestion a bit irrelevant and pointless, but we won't overlook it.

Thank you for playing Stasis~

Edited by jakman4242, 10 August 2009 - 09:01 AM.

-- My blog. --

#46 magma24

magma24

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 429 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 05:24 AM

This is actually a very awesome game!
More people should reply to this topic, this game really deserves it

#47 WeThePuppets

WeThePuppets

TeamSkyfire

• GMC Member
  • 704 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 11:23 AM

This is actually a very awesome game!
More people should reply to this topic, this game really deserves it

Hey, thanks. I wish more people would comment too, haha. Anyways, we'll be updating here soon, so here is a trailer for those interested:

Stasisv0.02 Teaser

Enjoy!

Sokota

Posted Image

#48 Locate

Locate

TeamCyborg

• 337 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 11:32 AM

This is a brilliant game. The graphics are very nice and the animations are smooth. The lighting sets up a very nice environment for the player to be in and the level design is well designed and thought over. The sounds all fit in well and the A.I is fairly good. Overall, the game had my attention for quite awhile and I quite enjoyed.

Posted Image

#49 magma24

magma24

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 429 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 10:07 AM

Just would like to know why there isn't much in the game but its 8mb already?

#50 jakman4242

jakman4242

Vertical Shmup Junkie

• 3222 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 12:34 PM

This is a brilliant game. The graphics are very nice and the animations are smooth. The lighting sets up a very nice environment for the player to be in and the level design is well designed and thought over. The sounds all fit in well and the A.I is fairly good. Overall, the game had my attention for quite awhile and I quite enjoyed.

Thank you for the comments!
It's my job to do the hardcore super-smart AI for this game. I didn't make any of the current AI, but there will be improvements to the current AI in the near future as I reprogram them.

Just would like to know why there isn't much in the game but its 8mb already?

There a lot in the game, actually. Much more than meets the eye, as is the usual case. It's mostly just due to the high-quality mp3 files.
-- My blog. --