7 replies to this topic

#1 PsichiX

PsichiX

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 399 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 09 June 2009 - 08:10 AM

Welcome, again, I decided to give you a piece of xenon, this time it is a small library of the large possibilities offered by matrices. What is the matrix? Refer to reading HERE. And what these matrices? And here I will not be so lazy and say. All operations of transformation (no matter whether 2D or 3D) will take place on matrices, which is something that helps us complete transformation and no longer need millions lengthdirs to rotate the arm of our skeleton, it is sufficient to "rotate a matrix" and multiplied by the vector of point (2D/3D) and transformed as a result we get a point. In addition, a matrix has the good property of transformation as the composition and can store all the transactions made in transforming itself, without having to worrying about lengthdirs and multum calculations. For most people writing 3D game in GM has a problem with cameras that do not always like to be set, which may distort the picture. The more people wanting to rotate the camera in the X-axis (gamma angle) is not able to do so, and that comes with the help of a matrix, which "rotate", transpose (to move it to the GM orientation in space), multiply by the matrix vector of looking and the vector of the top of the camera. As it reads, it seems wild and confusing, but in the example is to use a much simpler, for this I recommend to check how it works, because it is very useful to relieve the CPU, you can also give examples of their proposals for the transition :D

Download

This version includes:
* simple flight simulator camera (rotate the camera using the W, S, A, D, Q, E)
* advanced flight simulator camera (rotate the aeroplane using Arrows)
* skeleton animation (kind: humanoid)

In the Game Info is TODO list, I will be happy to add Your ideas :D

Screens:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by PsichiX, 16 June 2009 - 10:08 PM.

freckles_sign.png

#2 PsichiX

PsichiX

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 399 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 11:36 PM

(sorry for doublepost, very important information)

UPDATE!
The new version with the advanced flight simulator camera added!

Download: HERE and in the first post :(

freckles_sign.png

#3 wikkuPL

wikkuPL

GMC Member

• 14 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:03 AM

All is very nice, but skybox is ugly :(
blah, signature is no longer fashionable, blah, blah :(
CODE
signature = true;

#4 PsichiX

PsichiX

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 399 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 10:11 PM

UPDATE!!!
ADD: Humanoid skeleton animation (without lengthdirs)

Download: HERE and in the first post.

Screen:
Posted Image

freckles_sign.png

#5 krele

krele

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 640 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 08:28 PM

This look very nice! I like the skeleton system, in which language did you program this dll? Do you mind sharing some source in case it's c/c++/delphi?

If I helped you, you can help me back :3

Brocoola

#6 Konstantine

Konstantine

GMC Member

• 93 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 11:42 AM

Sorry for bumping an idle topic after quite some time, but I had to point out that this is an extremely useful DLL. I have been using Ultimate3d for a long time and its matrix and vector functions would cover my needs. Now that I decided to use other engines for graphics and physics, I realised how rare engines like yours are, since I had to spend hours searching through the community to find Xematrix.
Now, I understand that you have no reason to update this topic, since this library is now part of Photon and the Xenon Core, but I would like to ask you to keep this DLL alive, as having the option to use it independently from the entire Xenon Core is very important for some users. Don't let it go just because there were not enough users to show their appreciation in this topic.

#7 ChaosMaker

ChaosMaker

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 289 posts
  • Version:GM:HTML5

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:58 AM

its possible add vertex groups ?

kind 3d models ?

and transform all matrix from model?

#8 PsichiX

PsichiX

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 399 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:36 AM

hi :) those features will be added in next version of XeMatrix for SixthSense platform.

freckles_sign.png