I've pretty much completed the game - Unknown Gamer is now implementing the online features.
In the mean time, I would like to publically release the game in beta form. This contains, other than the online aspect, pretty much everything the full release will. The feature list (in the beta) is as follows:
- 30 brand new levels with level selection allowing you to replay any level you've previously completed
- Three modes: Standard: the basic type - get to the finish
- Three modes: Conditional: complete an objective for each level while completing it. These can be completing in a set time, hitting a set number of breakable blocks, etc
- Three modes: Fiery Floors: As Standard, but some of the floors are now deadly, forcing you to take different, harder routes
- INQS 30: A timed speedrun of the 30 levels of Innoquous 3.
- INQS 60: A timed speedrun of 60 Innoquous levels - all ten from Innoquous, all 18 from Innoquous 2, a couple bonus ones, and Innoquous 3's too
- Trophies - ten to collect
- Statistic recording - useful stuff like overall completion % and quickest INQS 30/60 speedrun times, and useless but interesting stuff like how many times you've used a gravity switcher during play
- Menu system - Easy to use, left and right to switch pages. Interface designed for easy user interactivity - only the mouse is needed to activate things on pages
- An easy-listening soundtrack by Nathan Wills, which can be switched off if you'd rather listen to your own stuff
- Saving/loading progress
What I need now is any reports of bugs/glitches you may find, as well as opinions on what is there and minor suggestions you may have.
Thank-you, and please enjoy the game.
DOWNLOAD THE BETA
YoYo Games link*
Please note: Any saved progress from the beta may not be compatible with the final version.
*may be down every so often as the virus checker checks updates
-- ORIGINAL POST (for conservation purposes) --
Hello, I've decided to make a third entry into the Innoquous series, addressing some faults, changing and adding things etc. This time though, I would like to get constant feedback to ensure the game is as entertaining as possible for you all.
One of the most striking differences at the moment is the addition of colour. The colouring is simple, and the game retains the effect where the ball "joins" to surfaces, I just believe it to add visual flair to the game.
The first build linked below contains the first two levels of the game, which essentially act as a tutorial and introduction respectively. They are fairly big levels.
I would appreciate any feedback you're willing to give, especially on the following subjects:
- Colour - Prefer the original white/black? Like how it is currently?
- Levels - Modifications to current levels? Ideas for more levels?
- Glitch, bug and crash reports
- Feedback on what there is currently
- Anything else?
Note the following are planned additions, but are yet to be implemented (so no need to suggest them):
- Automatic saving and the ability to load upon game startup
- Music and better balanced sound effects
Thanks in advance for any thoughts you may have.
YoYo Games link