I just finished working on a tower defense that I've been spending some time on after managing to get Game Maker to work on the extremely old computers in my programming class. It's a fairly generic tower defense, containing 6 different towers, each with slightly different ways of attacking, and each with a maximum 5 upgrades. The towers are listed below:
- Basic Tower: Starts with a mid-level attack range with an AOE shot and upgrades to higher range, shooting speed, damage, and AOE.
- Ice Tower: Stops enemies that it shoots who come within its very small range. Upgrades to longer lengths of freeze.
- Poison Tower: A tower that shoots poison darts that will poison enemies into being hurt for a period of time. Upgrades to longer poison time and a higher shooting speed.
- Flame Tower: Blasts flames in a radius that will damage any enemy nearby. Good early on, but can be near useless later on. Upgrades to shorter times between explosions and more damage.
- Epic Tower: An expensive tower that shoots quickly and with very damaging bullets. Does not upgrade.
- *NEW* Darkness Tower: This tower spits out small enemy-seeking missiles that will continue to hunt down enemies for a period of time that can be increased through upgrades.
The enemies change color from green to red showing their health, and will wear different helmets and have different auras depending on their resistance (if they have any). the types of resistance include:
- Freeze Resistance: Can not be targeted nor frozen by the ice tower.
- Poison Resistance: Can not be poisoned.
- Flame Resistance: Can not be hurt by flame tower.
- Darkness Resistance: Can not be hurt by darkness towers.
Also, waves will occasionally come with enemies that have more health, but move much slower.
EDIT: I wasn't going to work on this game anymore, but I couldn't help it! Now with four different maps to play on. Select one on the menu, then hit play
Edited by Time, 02 June 2009 - 11:19 PM.