Why should I use this?
This DLL has all of the same functions as Game Makers "ini_..." functions so its easy to remember them. The DLL also has a few more functions such as "Section Delete" where you can delete whole sections at a time. Another reason to use this DLL is because each ini file is loaded into the memory so there is no constant file reading/parsing and writing. All of the sections/keys are stored where they can be quickly searched and changed. The changes are unloaded from the memory and written back on the ini file when the file is closed. Lastly, this DLL is instanced. This means you can operate on up to 700 ini files at the same time.
Download [Zip] - Includes GMK and DLL.
Written in C++ By Revel
Functions - See GMK scripts for more info on specific functions
rini_key_delete(ind, section, key);
Please comment and leave your suggestions! I would love to add lots of handy features!
Basically the same with a few more features, tweaks and is a lot more stable.
- Features new key finding functions to iterate through keys in a section
- Function names are now all in lowercase
- Removed the password/encryption functions since they weren't necessary... I don't think o.O
- Added a function to write the ini file from memory back to Hard drive without closing the file.
- The DLL was rewritten completely in MSVC, rather than GCC.. for anyone that cares.
How powerful is this? (This was for Version 1, Haven't updated it yet)
Each ini file has 200 sections with 200 keys each this was a total of 4000 keys. The GM functions generally took a couple minutes to complete while the DLL was always around 1 minute. The keys were written and read in a for (2 of them) loop in a creation event. Note that the times also include loading and unloading the ini file.
Edited by Revel, 30 August 2010 - 07:37 AM.