WorldatLove

GMC Member

• 49 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 11:03 PM

Tales of Fate

Posted Image

Tales of Fate: Version 4

Do you believe...in your destiny...

Venture to become the greatest player alive in the massive epic adventure free roam rpg that unfolds to be Tales of Fate. Instead of follwing a set storyline, Tales of Fate let's you unfold your own story. The world is in trouble, but will you save it...the towns folk have problems...but will you fix them. There are beastly items, but how will you buy them...are you a hunter...are you a fighter...are you a merchant? Join hundreds of others as you take a trip into a fantasy world...in a small town...in a huge forest, a lot more can happen, then you would think...

Features:

Version Four is Realeased, so look out for new features!

- NEW free item to celebrate the 4th release: Easter Egg
- In Game Tutorial
- Saving and Loading
- Interactive people and shops
- Character Customizing
- Custom Chat
- Pet Naming
- 7 Full Length Quests
- 4 Mini Games to Play
- 17 Pieces of clothing to buy
- 10 Pieces of furniture to buy
- A Customizable home, featuring a chest and dresser to
store things in and the option for Upgrading!

Comming Soon:

Along with the following below, for Version 5, instead of a rare item, look forward to look out for a FREE exotic pet!

- More quests, including a main story line!
- Walking graphics!
- Glasses shop!

Download:

Download Client - Version 4
2.61 MB

Download Client - Version 3
2.43 MB

Download Client - Version 2
2.33 MB

Download Client - Version 1
2.26 MB

Screenshots:

http://i523.photobuc...e/Screen002.jpg

http://i523.photobuc...e/Screen003.jpg

Edited by WorldatLove, 26 August 2009 - 11:47 AM.

Tales of Fate: Play Game, Win Tickets and Coins, Buy Clothes and Furniture!

http://gmc.yoyogames...=0#entry3156548

#2 WorldatLove

WorldatLove

GMC Member

• 49 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 09:29 PM

Any feedback?

-Thoughts
-Suggestions
-Glitches

Edited by WorldatLove, 14 May 2009 - 11:57 AM.

#3 Darryl_Holmes

Darryl_Holmes

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 445 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 11:47 AM

Its a shame your first game (i assume this is your first game as these are your only 2 posts) is sinking away down the list with out being noticed, especialy since it looks like you've put a fair bit of effort into this, i will download and play as soon as i get home and update this with some feedback.

Wow, that's coming along nicely, i can imagine this becoming a kind of Animal Crossing game.
I have a few suggestions though:

1) At the start its hard to tell the boy from the girl (in fact, i have no idea which i picked), you should make them more distinctive.
2) The chest menu, it took me a while to figure out how to close it, i know in the tutorial it says press D to close pop-ups, but it took me a while to figure it applied to all the windows not just talk.
3) The movement is a bit troublesome, it gets stuck a lot, maybe perhaps change it to move around obstacles? Try potential step, it causes some collision issues but for the most part its good. mp_potential_step(x,y,speed,checkall);
4) The title put me off in all honesty, at the moment i have no idea how the title suites the game either, maybe there would be something more suitable? or maybe I'm missing something.

Edited by Darryl_Holmes, 13 May 2009 - 04:34 PM.

#4 WorldatLove

WorldatLove

GMC Member

• 49 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 01:58 AM

Its a shame your first game (i assume this is your first game as these are your only 2 posts) is sinking away down the list with out being noticed, especialy since it looks like you've put a fair bit of effort into this, i will download and play as soon as i get home and update this with some feedback.

Wow, that's coming along nicely, i can imagine this becoming a kind of Animal Crossing game.
I have a few suggestions though:

1) At the start its hard to tell the boy from the girl (in fact, i have no idea which i picked), you should make them more distinctive.
2) The chest menu, it took me a while to figure out how to close it, i know in the tutorial it says press D to close pop-ups, but it took me a while to figure it applied to all the windows not just talk.
3) The movement is a bit troublesome, it gets stuck a lot, maybe perhaps change it to move around obstacles? Try potential step, it causes some collision issues but for the most part its good. mp_potential_step(x,y,speed,checkall);
4) The title put me off in all honesty, at the moment i have no idea how the title suites the game either, maybe there would be something more suitable? or maybe I'm missing something.

I really appreciate the feedback, as you pointed out, and not to be concieted, but I don't think this is getting enough attention. Although looking back on this version from what I have now, it's not all too great.

1) I noticed that too, it's because of the bangs :D for the most part that's fixed now XD
2) Noted, thank you, working on a longer tutorial
3) That is a good idea, I'll try, and if I can get it to work, I thank you :D
4) It's a project for my girlfriend and along with the cute more girl based theme, in the end you get onto a main quest where you have to save the forest from some kind of evil thing ( don't worry, it's not going to be that lame :P ) but in short, it is more girl based :D

Thanks for your feedback, it was helpful and a good push to keep going :P

#5 banov

banov

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1172 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 14 May 2009 - 03:18 AM

This was neat. I can tell you put a lot of effort into this, I especially liked the character designs. However, the game doesn't make very clear what the goal is, however, and it's often difficult to play (talking with an NPC involves ramming into them until a textbox comes up). I too am puzzled by the title, it doesn't seem to have any relevance to the game, nor does it actually seem that "girl based" (a generally sexist attitude to begin with).

Good luck with this!

Edited by banov, 14 May 2009 - 03:19 AM.

#6 WorldatLove

WorldatLove

GMC Member

• 49 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 11:17 AM

This was neat. I can tell you put a lot of effort into this, I especially liked the character designs. However, the game doesn't make very clear what the goal is, however, and it's often difficult to play (talking with an NPC involves ramming into them until a textbox comes up). I too am puzzled by the title, it doesn't seem to have any relevance to the game, nor does it actually seem that "girl based" (a generally sexist attitude to begin with).

Good luck with this!

Thanks for your feedback ::lmao::
The NPC collision could use some work, as well as the pop-up boxes, hopefully I can get that sorted out. The title isn't really relevant to the plot yet, and sexist attitutde, I deserved that one ^.^;

But thanks alot for checking it out, it's more motivation then you'd think when somone just says, hey you, yeah you, nice effort :( much appreciated.

#7 Nixionary

Nixionary

GMC Member

• 58 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 10:20 PM

I, too, feel as though I need to respond to games like this when I see them falling down the list with only a few replies. Especially, when there's so much potential for goodness.

Alright, beginning with what's good: character designs, as stated by banov, are nice. In general, it is quite good, there are just a few problems.

- Custom cursor would be nice
- When I click, it seems like the arrow indicating where my character is moving toward appears away from the cursor.
- In "moveing mode," the character shifts slightly whenever I move something.
- I'm sure you're already working on this, but there are no backward or sideways sprites, and no walk animation fro the forward sprite yet.
- If you're going to use message_display, it would be best if you used a custom outline.

But overall, those are relatively minor issues which can probably be resolved realtively easily. This game definately has the potential to be really good, so keep it up.

Best of luck! ::lmao::

#8 WorldatLove

WorldatLove

GMC Member

• 49 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 11:34 AM

I, too, feel as though I need to respond to games like this when I see them falling down the list with only a few replies. Especially, when there's so much potential for goodness.

Alright, beginning with what's good: character designs, as stated by banov, are nice. In general, it is quite good, there are just a few problems.

- Custom cursor would be nice
- When I click, it seems like the arrow indicating where my character is moving toward appears away from the cursor.
- In "moveing mode," the character shifts slightly whenever I move something.
- I'm sure you're already working on this, but there are no backward or sideways sprites, and no walk animation fro the forward sprite yet.
- If you're going to use message_display, it would be best if you used a custom outline.

But overall, those are relatively minor issues which can probably be resolved realtively easily. This game definately has the potential to be really good, so keep it up.

Best of luck! :(

Thank you very much for your kind words.

At one point I had a custom cursor but it turned out to just be a problem, I could probally do one right if I put the time into it, so I'll give that another shot :(

I drew all the sprites myself, and I'm not really huge on graphics, so they will be pretty lifeless for awhile.

"Moving Mode" will have glitches for awhile, I still have to finish making different furniture and upgrades for it, and custom outlines for the standard text boxes sound really good, but I'm afraid I don't know how. Tutorial forum?

#9 WorldatLove

WorldatLove

GMC Member

• 49 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 05:02 AM

Does anyone have any ideas for the following:

- Pets
- Furniture
- Clothes

Just basically anything you'd want to see, but mostly the first 3.

#10 Nixionary

Nixionary

GMC Member

• 58 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 02:28 PM

...custom outlines for the standard text boxes sound really good, but I'm afraid I don't know how. Tutorial forum?

I believe all you need to do is use "message_background(back)". I use a custom script for my dialogue boxes, so I'm not really sure, but I think it's as simple as that. Back needs to be a background. Also, you can set the button images with "message_button(spr)". Also, yeah, it's "show_message," not "message_display," don't know what I was thinking. But you already knew that... :(

#11 WorldatLove

WorldatLove

GMC Member

• 49 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 01:40 AM

...custom outlines for the standard text boxes sound really good, but I'm afraid I don't know how. Tutorial forum?

I believe all you need to do is use "message_background(back)". I use a custom script for my dialogue boxes, so I'm not really sure, but I think it's as simple as that. Back needs to be a background. Also, you can set the button images with "message_button(spr)". Also, yeah, it's "show_message," not "message_display," don't know what I was thinking. But you already knew that... ;)

That worked really well :(
Thank you ^.^

It looks so much more professional now, it's ridiculous XD

#12 WorldatLove

WorldatLove

GMC Member

• 49 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 12:16 AM

Version 3 is Out!!

With the explosive new realease of Version 3, World at Love is expanding quickly!

Now with more quests, clothing, furniture, games and more!

Let's Go!

#13 Nixionary

Nixionary

GMC Member

• 58 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 12:39 AM

Found a depth problem. You appear underneath non playable character's feet, when you're below them. Just put "depth = -y" into every object's step event to correct it.

Edited by Nixionary, 22 May 2009 - 12:39 AM.

#14 WorldatLove

WorldatLove

GMC Member

• 49 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 01:26 AM

Found a depth problem. You appear underneath non playable character's feet, when you're below them. Just put "depth = -y" into every object's step event to correct it.

Thanks, I've noticed that too, alot of the slow realeses is due to depth stuff <_<
are you a W.a.L fan?
because I'm taking item and furniture requests.

That goes for anyone else too

#15 WorldatLove

WorldatLove

GMC Member

• 49 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 12:39 PM

Besides some thoughts and ideas for the game:

I would like to ask for some depth help
currently I am using the depth codes

depth=-y ( For trees )
depth=-x ( for text )

It was working fine, but now I need to add a draw event
where text is being drawn by the main character...
but the text appears under trees and when the depth
of the character is changed, then he can walk on trees...
please help!

also any idea are welcome!!

#16 Darryl_Holmes

Darryl_Holmes

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 445 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 05:35 PM

remove depth=-x for the text, use something like depth=-100 and then it will always stay on top.

#17 WorldatLove

WorldatLove

GMC Member

• 49 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 06:45 PM

remove depth=-x for the text, use something like depth=-100 and then it will always stay on top.

Awsome, thank you so much!
I should have just asked somone before I spent like 4 hours messing with depth!
But anyway I accpreciate it ^.^

Anything you wanted to see in the game?
I'm working on a Version 4 currently.

#18 WorldatLove

WorldatLove

GMC Member

• 49 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 03:41 PM

So who is the best player out thar so far? 0.0

Does anyone have any ideas for pets?
Or anything you want to see in the new Version 4?

Special New Item in the upcomming Version 4, hope everyone is able to find it :) goodluck players!

#19 sasracer

sasracer

GMC Member

• 499 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 04:22 AM

Beat all the quests! BTW: fun game, but really it would work better online maybe.
Also, somethings to consider: Maybe make different levels of games, each one for more tickets. Maybe make jobs so people to get more coins. Also some quests that involve interesting topics like drugs and stuff.

Have fun!

#20 WorldatLove

WorldatLove

GMC Member

• 49 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 12:00 PM

Beat all the quests! BTW: fun game, but really it would work better online maybe.
Also, somethings to consider: Maybe make different levels of games, each one for more tickets. Maybe make jobs so people to get more coins. Also some quests that involve interesting topics like drugs and stuff.

Have fun!

Thank you so much for replying!
I was starting to feel like I was bumping my own topic too much!

You beat all the quests?
Nice job, I have some hardcore gaming friends that I use to beta test and they always get stuck XD
I've been considering different levels ever since I took a careful look at how sureal it feels to be in the snail tunnels compared to the forest :lol:
Mini-jobs have been an idea that I've thought about :rolleyes:

You're the second person I know to say bigger mini-games, so I'm going to do that too. Alot of work ahead of me, but thanks for the help! It's very appreciated!

#21 WorldatLove

WorldatLove

GMC Member

• 49 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 12:02 PM

Also, does anyone know how to make it so if you have a lower amount of experience for a stat needed and then you level up, how you make it so you need more experience the second time.

First time /25
second time /55
third /125

like this?

Post the code if you do please!

#22 WorldatLove

WorldatLove

GMC Member

• 49 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 04:11 AM

I have not gotten any feedback in awhile. I've been tweaking some things in W.a.L lately, but I really need some feeback.

Ideas?
Glitches?
Graphics?
Anything?

#23 WorldatLove

WorldatLove

GMC Member

• 49 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 05:04 AM

Tales at Fate - The LONG awaited release of Version 4.

Please leave some feedback, I really need some help finding out what YOU, the people want. Look I know that sounds cheesy and you know, honestly a lot of the programmers out there get too cocky and only use what they want.

But give me some ideas. They'll probally end up in the game.

What do YOU want to see in the game?
Glitches?
Feedback?

ALSO PLEASE NOTE THE SCREEN SHOTS MAY NOT OFFER JUSTICE TO THE GAME!

-WorldatLove
:whistle:
thx for the help guys.
appreciate it tons.

#24 dyblee

dyblee

GMC Member

• 153 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 05:20 AM

First I don't the skin type should be called "normal" maybe call it tanned?
same with the hair style maybe istead of black hair being "normal" call it "black"

it seems like your trying to remake runescape, I would try and shy away from that a bit

cool game so far though. Keep updating it and it will be good

#25 WorldatLove

WorldatLove

GMC Member

• 49 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 05:28 AM

First I don't the skin type should be called "normal" maybe call it tanned?
same with the hair style maybe istead of black hair being "normal" call it "black"

it seems like your trying to remake runescape, I would try and shy away from that a bit

cool game so far though. Keep updating it and it will be good

Comments noted, I wasn't trying to make it so that the like "white" color was like "normal" it wasn't a racial thing, just that like these are the "default" setting, same with hair.

Not trying to really re-create runescape, but yeah, with the editor, quests, and clicking, I can see where that would look similar.

thanks for the feedback. :whistle:

#26 WorldatLove

WorldatLove

GMC Member

• 49 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 06:06 PM

Okay not to be pushy, but this is seriously falling really fast. Can someone please test this and give me feedback...I have nothing to go off of for a v.5

#27 AquariusUSA

AquariusUSA

GMC Member

• 221 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 02:21 AM

The link to V4 is broken.

#28 WorldatLove

WorldatLove

GMC Member

• 49 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 11:48 AM

The link to V4 is broken.

Link fixed. Thanks for the heads up, much appreciated.

#29 WorldatLove

WorldatLove

GMC Member

• 49 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 01:19 AM

Okay, I know I've been bugging you guys a lot, like I'm worried I've illegally bumped this or something, but this time I really need help, I don't need new testers as much as people who know the game and can tell me: I'm REDOING the TUTORIAL, please tell me what would be a more efficent way to:

1. Learn the controls
2. Have fun
3. Learn the area better

Thanks

-ParaSyte Studios

Comming at ya soon.

#30 WorldatLove

WorldatLove

GMC Member

• 49 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 10:49 PM

I really need some help with the following idea concepts for Tales of Fate:

1. A better tutorial, what should it include?
2. PETS :)
3. New house features?
4. INRODUCING COMBAT

PLEASE REPLY AS I HAVE MUCH I WANT TO ADD, BUT I WANT TO INCORPORATE YOUR IDEAS!

#31 WorldatLove

WorldatLove

GMC Member

• 49 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 03:01 AM

New Version comming out soon. A ton of fun new stuff to do. Re-polished most of the quests, you can bet on snail races if that tells you anything about all the fun upcomming things...