17 replies to this topic

#1 scattle

scattle

GMC Member

• 32 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 02:37 PM

CONSTELLATION CHAOS

Posted Image

A fresh arcade game with a simple concept: Create constellations with your space ship by jetting off to distant stars. The farther you go, the more points you get. To destroy enemies, you must trap them into your constellation trails. Controls are explained in game.

Play_Now

Download

Online_Highscores

Edited by scattle, 31 May 2009 - 04:25 PM.

#2 Northern Unit

Northern Unit

GMC Member

• 26 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 05:57 PM

I'd say this is a really nice start for a game and I would suggest you to continue developing this game. I know you created this really quickly and I can say that it is really good work. The game just is quite repetitive and gets boring rather quicky, so adding some new features would be nice. :P

-> m@tö, a game with big explosions, destructible terrain and a lot of gore
-> 2D Portal Game, a game inspired by Valve's Portal

#3 scattle

scattle

GMC Member

• 32 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 06:41 PM

I'd say this is a really nice start for a game and I would suggest you to continue developing this game. I know you created this really quickly and I can say that it is really good work. The game just is quite repetitive and gets boring rather quicky, so adding some new features would be nice. :D

Thanks! I was actually thinking of implementing some enemies in the game, that get destroyed when they cross your constellation path.

#4 banov

banov

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1172 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 10 May 2009 - 11:07 PM

Pretty hard, but this is a cool original concept. I agree with Northern Unit, there isn't enough to the game yet to keep the player interested, but if you worked on it and added some more depth it could really become something neat.

#5 scattle

scattle

GMC Member

• 32 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 11:41 PM

You talked... I listened...

HUGE UPDATE!!!!!
I've added music, a pause screen (press Enter), random player position, more stars to land on, automatic respawn, X key rotation, 2 enemies, 3 powerups, and more sound effects! I really worked hard on this, so tell me what you think :blink:

#6 banov

banov

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1172 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 02:21 AM

It's great! The improvements from the old version to this new one are very noticeable, this is impressive. It plays much more like a full game now.

#7 scattle

scattle

GMC Member

• 32 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 10:39 PM

Thanks guys! I've just added a highscore system! So now you can challenge your friends! Smiley
(Check the first post for the update)

#8 scattle

scattle

GMC Member

• 32 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 08:04 PM

UPDATE!!!! There are now 3 types of enemies, great 8bit music by Phlogiston, and some cool flickery effects! Online highscores are hopefully coming soon. <_<

#9 Nobody

Nobody

GMC Member

• 335 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 08:34 PM

I love it with all my heart.

#10 banov

banov

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1172 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 02:56 AM

Truly awesome :o
I really like this, it's all great fun, and it was good to see how you took the original release--which was fairly basic--and turning it into something really deep and entertaining with all the new additions. Great work, hope to see more from you.

Edited by banov, 23 May 2009 - 02:56 AM.

#11 jarcon

jarcon

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 976 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 03:24 AM

for object musictitle:

Error defining an external function.

#12 scattle

scattle

GMC Member

• 32 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 04:15 AM

for object musictitle:

Error defining an external function.

Do you have Vista?
Because I forgot to mention that it may not work on Windows Vista

#13 scattle

scattle

GMC Member

• 32 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 06:58 AM

Woah, my bad. The reason why it didn't work for some vista users, is because I completely messed up. I messed up the files in the .zip. The good news is that everything now works smoothly, and the game will work on any PC. Yoyogames link is coming soon, but the virus scanner is messing up.

The game was recently featured on Indiegames: The Weblog for their Freeware Game Pick! I'm really happy that they made the review. You can check it out here: http://www.indiegame...onstellati.html

#14 greep

greep

Menaces with Spikes

• GMC Member
  • 2398 posts
  • Version:GM7

Posted 29 May 2009 - 07:27 AM

really fun :D But difficulty should slowly rise, not be insane from the start. Or maybe I just suck. Is 1000 for my best any good?
GMC_Jam_11_SmallBanner_zps69ed8fdf.png
Spoiler

#15 Schyler

Schyler

Noskcirderf Derf

• GMC Member
  • 2680 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 29 May 2009 - 07:47 AM

Woah, my bad. The reason why it didn't work for some vista users, is because I completely messed up. I messed up the files in the .zip. The good news is that everything now works smoothly, and the game will work on any PC. Yoyogames link is coming soon, but the virus scanner is messing up.

The game was recently featured on Indiegames: The Weblog for their Freeware Game Pick! I'm really happy that they made the review. You can check it out here: http://www.indiegame...onstellati.html

Woah, thats a prestigious achievement.

#16 scattle

scattle

GMC Member

• 32 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 10:21 PM

Thanks! Yeah, it was really exciting when I got the review. I thought no one would play my game at first.
Also, the yoyogames link is now up and running! (make sure to click the green update button)

http://www.yoyogames...ames/show/83150

#17 scattle

scattle

GMC Member

• 32 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 04:19 PM

Hey guys, I've just added online highscores! Now I can watch you beat me at my own game...

Online Highscores

#18 Silent Ellipsis

Silent Ellipsis

GMC Member

• 12 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 07:16 PM

Apparently my game is in a Cage Match with yours this week. Just wanted to say that I actually quite enjoyed your game, so best of luck.
Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...

Play my game: The Rise of Magus