aim:mouse
shoot:left-click
melee:spacebar
reload: R
change weapon:1,2,3
pick up object: face it, right click
throw object:spacebar
launch menu:escape

SHIFT +Z : commands pistol team mate to move towards mouse, and stay there until you get too far
SHIFT +X : commands rifleman
SHIFT +C: commands shotguner
SHIFT +V: commands all three
to cancel their positions simply press those buttons WITHOUT shift

Known Problems:

• zombies might get stuck.
  • bad lag.
  • Fog of War doesnt detect diagonal walls.
  • accurately shooting a zombie up close with a shotgun will produce both a falling zombie death and a fading zombie death animation.

Download:
Box.com (8.9mbs)
please give comments, criticism, and suggestions after playing, thanks!

Edited by Explicit, 02 April 2014 - 09:01 PM.

#2 heyufool1

heyufool1

Fail

• GMC Member
  • 1651 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 09 May 2009 - 08:46 PM

Wow! Very cool! It was very hard until i found out about standing still and getting a better shot :wacko:. I really like the blood and death animations. My only suggestion is to make it a norm to have a lot of enemies chasing the player. Because once that happened to me it was very fast paced and the screen was shaking and it was just really cool. But when i stood still and sniped them out with the special shot it was as fun.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 Explicit

Explicit

Destroyer of zeds

• GMC Member
  • 1647 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 12:28 AM

Wow! Very cool! It was very hard until i found out about standing still and getting a better shot :lol:. I really like the blood and death animations. My only suggestion is to make it a norm to have a lot of enemies chasing the player. Because once that happened to me it was very fast paced and the screen was shaking and it was just really cool. But when i stood still and sniped them out with the special shot it was as fun.

haha thanks for noticing the accuracy system

but i dont understand your suggestion
do you like the creatures chasing you or not?
:P

#4 heyufool1

heyufool1

Fail

• GMC Member
  • 1651 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 01:16 AM

Yea i like the creatures. But there really is two ways of playing this:

1. Get a hole bunch of enemies to follow you and take them out with low power shots
2. Take one enemy out at a time with the power shots

The thing is 1 is must more intense and fun but it's nearly impossible. But, 2 is easy but it's honestly not so much fun. Hope that clears it up a bit.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 MaGicBush

MaGicBush

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 45 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 10 May 2009 - 01:18 AM

Good game so far, the mechanics are good. Of course more guns, different types of zombies, levels, etc will be great. Only things I have noticed so far is when in full-screen mode and the screen shakes you see some distracting white spots along the edges of the screen. Also it's easy to avoid the zombies when you get swarmed, just run in circles in a large area and they can't touch you so something to prevent this would be good(instead of zombies constantly chasing, have some cut across or cut you off, etc). I know that would require improved AI, but is definitely something to think about in the future.

#6 Explicit

Explicit

Destroyer of zeds

• GMC Member
  • 1647 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 01:58 AM

Yea i like the creatures. But there really is two ways of playing this:
1. Get a hole bunch of enemies to follow you and take them out with low power shots
2. Take one enemy out at a time with the power shots
The thing is 1 is must more intense and fun but it's nearly impossible. But, 2 is easy but it's honestly not so much fun. Hope that clears it up a bit.

ill do some tweaking, some sight limitation mostly, and the range of the bullets, should even out the usage of the accushot/powershot/awesomeshot

Good game so far, the mechanics are good. Of course more guns, different types of zombies, levels, etc will be great. Only things I have noticed so far is when in full-screen mode and the screen shakes you see some distracting white spots along the edges of the screen. Also it's easy to avoid the zombies when you get swarmed, just run in circles in a large area and they can't touch you so something to prevent this would be good(instead of zombies constantly chasing, have some cut across or cut you off, etc). I know that would require improved AI, but is definitely something to think about in the future.

that is probably a result of your ability to see a great radius around you, once i implement a lighting system, they'll have the chance to sneak up on you, which should even things out, and i've witnessed some of them run around in the different direction to catch you on the other side(of usually a box) because of faulty mp_potential_step programming

#7 DJ J4KE

DJ J4KE

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 142 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 07:23 PM

Wow, it certainly is a tad different to the Outbreak as I remember it, but this seems to lack the charm the other one had, and i can't put my finger on why. Probably the stupidity of the civilians, and the wave of infection that spread through the streets bacause they wondered into the arms of a hungry zombie. :( :D

Edited by DJ J4KE, 10 May 2009 - 07:23 PM.

#8 Explicit

Explicit

Destroyer of zeds

• GMC Member
  • 1647 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 07:54 PM

Wow, it certainly is a tad different to the Outbreak as I remember it, but this seems to lack the charm the other one had, and i can't put my finger on why. Probably the stupidity of the civilians, and the wave of infection that spread through the streets bacause they wondered into the arms of a hungry zombie. :( :D

well, note that this is a very early release, human AI will be implemented in later updates

#9 Explicit

Explicit

Destroyer of zeds

• GMC Member
  • 1647 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 01:29 AM

update:
just getting the main engine done here...
  • tiles(no black blocks)
  • tweaked sight range
  • tweaked bullet range
  • some effects(shells popping out of shotgun, cartridge falling on reload)
  • reload animations
  • more sounds

try it out! thanks!

#10 Drewdelz

Drewdelz

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1056 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 12:18 PM

Pretty nice engine so far.

Some things I noticed:
- Wall Collisions are a bit sticky. For example, walking into a wall below you while walking down and right will cause you to stick instead of just sliding along the wall. (going down and left doesn't make you stick, tho. O.o)
- Does Melee work? Or is there just no animation for it yet? nvm, it's now working? It stopped working when I first ran out of pistol ammo.
- Running diagonal makes you run much faster,
- End of demo is just when everything dies? lol

Keep up the good work! :(

#11 heyufool1

heyufool1

Fail

• GMC Member
  • 1651 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 07:10 PM

I played it again and i noticed one thing that you might want to look at and think of how to fix it or something. It's getting cornered against a wall. One way to fix this is to have a option to knock enemies back with your weapon not causing any damage or causing very little damage (to avoid people being cheap and just hit the enemies through the entire game). Or you could just leave it how it is and let it be one thing that the player wants to avoid or they might die. But, i just think you should look at it a bit. Other then that it's very fun!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 Explicit

Explicit

Destroyer of zeds

• GMC Member
  • 1647 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 11:08 PM

Pretty nice engine so far.

Some things I noticed:
- Wall Collisions are a bit sticky. For example, walking into a wall below you while walking down and right will cause you to stick instead of just sliding along the wall. (going down and left doesn't make you stick, tho. O.o)
- Does Melee work? Or is there just no animation for it yet? nvm, it's now working? It stopped working when I first ran out of pistol ammo.
- Running diagonal makes you run much faster,
- End of demo is just when everything dies? lol

Keep up the good work! :(

i think ill keep the wall collisions the way they are, as i like a sense of realism in all my games, and i think realistically anyone running in a suit doesnt slide smoothly against a wall, so in the future, try to avoid running into the wall.(however, if you were running full speed diagonally, youd slide regardless of direction, the stickiness is a result of releasing a direction while running into a wall)

melee should work, you press space, and whoevers in front of you should be stunned momentarily, in that time you can walk over them and get out of a crowded situation. and when you run out of ammo for any weapon, left clicking becomes the same as pressing space.

i think running diagonally makes you accelerate faster, top speed is the same, but ill look into that.

yeah right now its just a test, no real objective or purpose.

I played it again and i noticed one thing that you might want to look at and think of how to fix it or something. It's getting cornered against a wall. One way to fix this is to have a option to knock enemies back with your weapon not causing any damage or causing very little damage (to avoid people being cheap and just hit the enemies through the entire game). Or you could just leave it how it is and let it be one thing that the player wants to avoid or they might die. But, i just think you should look at it a bit. Other then that it's very fun!

you could press space to punch and momentarily disable one to walk over it, and try not getting cornered at all, thats zombie survival 101 for ya

Edited by Explicit, 15 May 2009 - 11:10 PM.

#13 heyufool1

heyufool1

Fail

• GMC Member
  • 1651 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 11:12 PM

Oh cool lol, i think i fail zombie survival 101
Posted ImagePosted Image

#14 Explicit

Explicit

Destroyer of zeds

• GMC Member
  • 1647 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 05:20 PM

Oh cool lol, i think i fail zombie survival 101

haha, well, we'll see how you hold up when the game modes come in.

#15 Christopher_L

Christopher_L

GMC Member

• 23 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 04:49 AM

I like the game , But I think you should add exploding zombies...

EXPLODING ZOMBIES FTW!

or..

ZOMBORGS!

ZOMBORGS(Zombie Cyborgs) > Exploding Zombies...

Most people put useless junk in there but Im not going to :P

#16 ninja_sheep

ninja_sheep

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 145 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 07:04 PM

Cool game, the only comments I was gonna make have already been made really - sticky walls, more weapons and variety, nice engine so far ;)
Is there gonna be a story with different missions and things or will it be all about survival ?

#17 Explicit

Explicit

Destroyer of zeds

• GMC Member
  • 1647 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 04:09 AM

I like the game , But I think you should add exploding zombies...
EXPLODING ZOMBIES FTW!
or..
ZOMBORGS!
ZOMBORGS(Zombie Cyborgs) > Exploding Zombies...

exploding zombies: maybe, a version of that
zomborgs: no..

Cool game, the only comments I was gonna make have already been made really - sticky walls, more weapons and variety, nice engine so far :)
Is there gonna be a story with different missions and things or will it be all about survival ?

the three weapons you have are the ones you start with and keep throughout the game to upgrade(as well as your melee), the others will be limited as powerups or on special levels.

the game will have a story, and about 3 arcade modes

#18 Explicit

Explicit

Destroyer of zeds

• GMC Member
  • 1647 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 06:00 AM

small update:
  • minor tweaks
  • bug fixes
  • more effects(casing falling out of gun, sounds)

lazy week i had
just bumping for the weekend

#19 Slagar3000

Slagar3000

GMC Member

• 382 posts
  • Version:GM7

Posted 29 May 2009 - 02:52 AM

I haven't played it yet, but I will soon.

Before I do, I'd like to say that I LOVE zombie games where you can barricade door ways as the undead break into the house or bunker or whatever to slow their advance, makes it much more fun as it offers a totally new play strategy from just running around randomly trying to dodge zombies. I also enjoy zombie games when you can arm certain civilians to help you :P

I'll probably just edit this post after I play it.

EDIT: WOW that was quite good fun for how early it is in development. I really liked the aiming system (that was truly original) and the melee system was perfect (I loved knocking the zombies back and then blasting them with the shotgun). The weapons were nice but there needs to be more of them.

Here's some random ideas/suggestions:
Running zombie, Acid throwing zombie, massive zombie, carrier zombie, cars (they could run out of gas/breakdown after a while), barricades, level editor, background music, "safe areas", houses, and that's all I can think of right now.

Weird that I always seem to enjoy your games more than anyone else's games :D

Edited by Slagar3000, 29 May 2009 - 03:02 AM.

No because you're a democrat living in Texas, which is IMPOSSIBLE meaning you do not exist. - AceofSpades
Violence solves everything. Like jigsaw puzzles. I could not find the piece that completed the cloud on the left side, so out of anger I punched my sister. Her earring came off and as I bent down to pick it up so that I could sell it at a pawn shop, I noticed it had landed right on top of the piece I needed. - Fintron
So I tied a noose in my closet, and then my dad came by and was like, "lol Chris why you tioeing nooses in your closet?" -Mafujalate329

#20 wiiowner

wiiowner

Absolute Zero Team

• 685 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 03:34 AM

Very nice engine although melee attacks didn't work that well and if the tiles were meant to be in-game then no offense but it looked like a training place not a real city. Good job though.
Completed Projects: Eco-Chrome || Conway's Game of Life - Update that triples framerate!
Scripts: Grid Based Lighting (With Dynamic Soft Shadows) || Mud Physics

#21 Explicit

Explicit

Destroyer of zeds

• GMC Member
  • 1647 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 12:44 AM

sorry peeps, my family and i are moving to texas , so internet's out(friends house right now), havent been able to update, but i have been working on it! as of now it has 3 AI bots to run around with! each with their own weapon(pistoleer, shotgunner, and rifleman). epic team. and ive been working on a survival room, it gets a bit laggy so ill have to tweak that around as well. and without internet access to my main computer, i cant input a flashlight code, we'll just have to wait till i get to texas.

Before I do, I'd like to say that I LOVE zombie games where you can barricade door ways as the undead break into the house or bunker or whatever to slow their advance, makes it much more fun as it offers a totally new play strategy from just running around randomly trying to dodge zombies. I also enjoy zombie games when you can arm certain civilians to help you :ph34r:

my old outbreak game was just like that

EDIT: WOW that was quite good fun for how early it is in development. I really liked the aiming system (that was truly original) and the melee system was perfect (I loved knocking the zombies back and then blasting them with the shotgun). The weapons were nice but there needs to be more of them.

thank you, non-random headshots were a concept i havent seen in most topdown zombie shooters, so i made that system
and the melee system isnt exactly perfect right now, but thanks, it just needs a few tweaks.
new weapons will take time to hardwire into the game, for now they'll just be temporary limited powerups, or only accessible in certain levels.

Weird that I always seem to enjoy your games more than anyone else's games

sigh...me and my undeserved bragging rights :(

Very nice engine although melee attacks didn't work that well and if the tiles were meant to be in-game then no offense but it looked like a training place not a real city. Good job though.

i admit the melee does need work, its kind of hard making something act a certain way when youve got a horde of the same type of object running around it.
and about the tiles..
well good job! youve figured it out, half the story actually doesnt take place in the city, it starts out in a giant military research complex(this is where youd get the other fancy prototype weapons), where the virus is studied in order to be destroyed, but eventually your quarantine fails and it spreads to a small town and eventually a city.
and for now the level is for game testing purposes, not to be confused with actual level design.

#22 mekon

mekon

GMC Member

• 94 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 01:40 PM

wow this is intense !!

I love that the shotgun becomes such a lifesaver when you're getting chased ^^

In my opinion you realy don't need a heap of different guns, just make sure each has its own purpose.

Thats why i loved the shotgun / rifle thing going on (rifle was near useless at close range, but owned hard if you had some distance on them .. )

Perhaps make it impossible to aim for headshots with the shotgun ?

Ideas for future weapons would be mines,
a siren you can place somewhere and activate remotely, causing zombies to swarm it (making traps with this would be cool .. =P )
some bolt action rifle, which increases how far your cursor can be from your character.
Maybe a minigun or something (high rate of fire equivelant of shotgun) which requires you to stand still whilst reloading ?

With a nice lighting system in, this game has the potential to be terrifying ^^

#23 Liteuser

Liteuser

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 542 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 22 June 2009 - 01:01 AM

Can i have some of the source code for the zombies?
Can you PM it to me?

#24 Explicit

Explicit

Destroyer of zeds

• GMC Member
  • 1647 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 05:30 PM

Perhaps make it impossible to aim for headshots with the shotgun ?

you dont get headshots with the shotgun, but if the accushot is on then it has better range and kill potential

Ideas for future weapons would be mines,
a siren you can place somewhere and activate remotely, causing zombies to swarm it (making traps with this would be cool .. =P )
some bolt action rifle, which increases how far your cursor can be from your character.
Maybe a minigun or something (high rate of fire equivelant of shotgun) which requires you to stand still whilst reloading ?

im not sure mines would be a practical thing to have lying around, same with sirens, but i will have versions of those(an explosive barrel of gasoline, something that you can shoot to make a sound)
and i will make each main weapon upgradeable, meaning you'll only need to upgrade your aim and your rifle is on its way to becoming a sniper rifle.

Can i have some of the source code for the zombies?
Can you PM it to me?

not right now(this isnt my computer) but the code is fairly simple, have a follow variable and set it to 0 when its created, while follow is 0 have it travel in a random direction, and make it alter every few steps via alarms, then distance check if its close to a human and set follow to 1, and if follow is 1 use mp_potential_step, and if you want it animated make it so image_speed is low while follow is 0,and make it faster when follow is 1.
hope you understood that, sorry i cant give a more definite explanation, im on somebodys laptop since i just moved in to my new house :)

#25 Liteuser

Liteuser

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 542 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 26 June 2009 - 08:36 PM

I kinda understand, ima put it in and if it works you will get some credit for the AI.
EDIT: It does work... kinda... so you get credit

Edited by Liteuser, 26 June 2009 - 09:13 PM.

#26 Explicit

Explicit

Destroyer of zeds

• GMC Member
  • 1647 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 10:12 PM

update:
  • 3 AI members with each gun that follow you around
  • 2 room versions keypad 1: zombies spawn, keypad 2: zombies present
  • faster shotgun shooting and reloading, with a larger clip, for even more carnage
  • other tweaks

i just got my computer back from storage because moving produced some complications, but ill be resuming work on both my games during this summer

Edited by Explicit, 19 July 2009 - 10:14 PM.

#27 Dylijn

Dylijn

GMC Member

• 553 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 11:13 PM

Nice game I like how this keeps getting better.

Maybe release a example of your team mate a.i ?

#28 Explicit

Explicit

Destroyer of zeds

• GMC Member
  • 1647 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 01:09 AM

Nice game I like how this keeps getting better.

Maybe release a example of your team mate a.i ?

thanks, it sure is getting there :P

and i might make a few examples of all the little features in my freetime

#29 serenity4ever

serenity4ever

GMC Member

• 513 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 11:18 PM

Awesome game will be one to watch I agree with the more guns but you don't want to have 10 different MG variations I would say something like 3 at most SMG, MG/Assult Rifle, Mounted MG any more would degrade from the value of what is there same goes for other guns like hand gun I would say at most for that have single and dual wield and have that done. Graphics are pretty nice except the the gun icon's in top left they seem out of place.
They are coming - A 2d top down Call of duty WAW zombie mode game - WIP
----------------------------------------
Wash: This landing is gonna get pretty interesting.
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: Define "interesting".
Wash : Oh God, oh God, we're all going to die?

#30 Mr. Munchkin

Mr. Munchkin

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 718 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 22 July 2009 - 06:44 AM

Great game to play.

I haven't downloaded a game, since...oh I don't know if I've ever downloaded a shooter! But this was a great download, definatly worth it, even if I get hastled because of our limits :) Somthing to play on the weekend!

Just a couple of complaints.
Try and change the room changes to somthing other than keypad 1 and 2. Because I attempted to change weapons with that, and it restarted the level when I was in a great spot.
Maybe just fix up the collision with walls, as usual, you can't slide against walls.

Some suggestions.
Maybe in the future, you should be able to watch your teammates get infected by zombies. I saw that on halo once, it was awesome.

This is a great game, not to mention the approach to it. It must have been extremly hard to code this, and I congratulate you on releasing this. Really awesome.

Graphics.....7.5/10 , this doesn't really mater, it's obvious your going to change them.
Sounds.......9/10 , they are really good, for what you've got so far, just add some groans and it's 10/10.
Gameplay...15/10 , you've thought of everything! I can't think of anything I would've done differently!
Overal........9/10 , great game, I'm glad I downloaded it, as I'm sure many other people are.

I look forward to more!!

#31 King Chubbles

King Chubbles

GMC Member

• 1052 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 12:20 AM

I loved this game! always have. Such a solid engine

Just... i never seem to die... maybe make it harder to get headshots?
Posted Image

#32 Rolfero

Rolfero

GMC Member

• 144 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 04:37 PM

I seriously never died, my infection just went back down again. I ran into hordes of 5+ zombies, standing in the middle, and I got up to a maximum of 30 infection. Then my stupid teammates killed the zombies.

#33 Explicit

Explicit

Destroyer of zeds

• GMC Member
  • 1647 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 05:58 PM

Just... i never seem to die... maybe make it harder to get headshots?

I seriously never died, my infection just went back down again. I ran into hordes of 5+ zombies, standing in the middle, and I got up to a maximum of 30 infection. Then my stupid teammates killed the zombies.

yeah i think the addition of the teammates threw the k/d ratio off balance, so ill be tweaking that

in fact i need to start making the game harder, because soon ill give you the ability to upgrade your traits anyways

#34 Explicit

Explicit

Destroyer of zeds

• GMC Member
  • 1647 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 02:27 PM

update:
  • major graphics rehaul, added doodads to the environment, it is now a multipurpose testing room of the facility.
  • timer(minutes:seconds)
  • kill count
  • kill-chain count(kills within 4 seconds of each other will continue the chain, this will be used in the scoring system later)
  • added a HUD, displays a visual of the players body, the life, the current gun, the ammo AND reload BAR, and extra clips.
  • breakable crates(shoot or punch) which might contain:
  • ammunition boxes, hopefully enough in a room to keep you alive for about 20 minutes
  • ive made tweaks to the infection and healing(it is now easier to get infected, and now slower to disinfect)

this was the funnest update ive done so far, so much new things to try and implement, everything i knew about gml went into this update,
so i hope you enjoy,

thanks!

PS: try not to lose all your ammo, the engine gets buggy and you will be stuck unarmed.

#35 Dylijn

Dylijn

GMC Member

• 553 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 08:37 PM

It sure is getting a nice game ^_^

I like the door system and the way the doors open.

Keep going like this :D

#36 Virus2_0

Virus2_0

Penguin Programmer

• 476 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 08:50 PM

very awesome. btw, for the 2nd screenshot, do u use a system similar to the one in my tds tut (see sig)?

galex - NoD Member -TDS flashlights, Fast - Draw Regular Polygons
Recursive (adj.): see [i]recursive.
Programmer (n): An organism that turns caffeine into code.
FIGHT FOR GM FOR LINUX! PLEASE ADD THIS IF YOU WANT THE DEVELOPERS TO COMPILE A LINUX VERSION!

#37 Explicit

Explicit

Destroyer of zeds

• GMC Member
  • 1647 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 08:55 PM

very awesome. btw, for the 2nd screenshot, do u use a system similar to the one in my tds tut (see sig)?

youre in the credits :P

Edited by Explicit, 24 July 2009 - 08:56 PM.

#38 Dylijn

Dylijn

GMC Member

• 553 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 09:09 PM

Explicit ?
Why dont you use the aventus light engine ? its really amazing :P and runs great on most computers that are 5 years old.

#39 Explicit

Explicit

Destroyer of zeds

• GMC Member
  • 1647 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 09:20 PM

Explicit ?
Why dont you use the aventus light engine ? its really amazing :P and runs great on most computers that are 5 years old.

64digits link is down
and his mirror beings me to a page where i cant even find the download...

edit: just tried the link YOU put up, i must say it doesnt run as good as you say, gets down to about an average of 14 fps, which would slow down to about 5 if i implemented that into my game

Edited by Explicit, 25 July 2009 - 07:41 AM.

#40 Virus2_0

Virus2_0

Penguin Programmer

• 476 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 08:08 PM

thats weird, runs at 30fps on my 9 year old computer.... what did u set "add" as?

also error:

for object fadetext:

Error in code at line 11:
x=followid.x

at position 13: Unknown variable x

Edited by Virus2_0, 25 July 2009 - 08:15 PM.

galex - NoD Member -TDS flashlights, Fast - Draw Regular Polygons
Recursive (adj.): see [i]recursive.
Programmer (n): An organism that turns caffeine into code.
FIGHT FOR GM FOR LINUX! PLEASE ADD THIS IF YOU WANT THE DEVELOPERS TO COMPILE A LINUX VERSION!

#41 Explicit

Explicit

Destroyer of zeds

• GMC Member
  • 1647 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 09:10 PM

thats weird, runs at 30fps on my 9 year old computer.... what did u set "add" as?

also error:
<error>

its...1

and for anyone who gets that error, its because your teamate died, just press ignore 15ish times

#42 Explicit

Explicit

Destroyer of zeds

• GMC Member
  • 1647 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 10:28 PM

update bump:
  • added a new slow moving exploding proximity zombie(they do lots of damage), when the score gets high they spawn.
  • added a score system, it does the math on your kill count, time, and max chain, and gives you a score when you die.
  • made it so when you get hit multiple times your view gradually reddens. stay still for it to wear off
  • added little walls you can shoot through while zombies are forced to walk around them.
  • added ammo dispenser into both rooms, touch it to get ammo, it reloads every 2 minutes.
  • added team member transformation animations(they look so cool turning into zombies).

alright, keep playing zombie slayers :ph34r:

Edited by Explicit, 26 July 2009 - 10:28 PM.

#43 Explicit

Explicit

Destroyer of zeds

• GMC Member
  • 1647 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 12:28 AM

update bump:
  • added a new room:Hangar
  • gave players ability to carry crates, right click them, you can throw them at zombies(spacebar)
  • gave the game a primitive menu design
  • tweaked the rifle sound
  • changes to old rooms
second bump?
poo
if anyone has anything to say about/for the game im willing to hear it

Edited by Explicit, 31 July 2009 - 12:29 AM.

#44 Explicit

Explicit

Destroyer of zeds

• GMC Member
  • 1647 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 09:57 PM

3rd update bump:
as much as i HATE to bump my own topic 3 times in a row, im glad to say ive done some major work:
  • leveling up system! your actions determine what you learn and what you learn, helps you stay alive!
  • ive been to the mountain top! and i came back with the ability to externally load backgrounds and use particles
  • added a flashy menu background, i love red
  • zombies level up too! everytime one spawns, its stats(attack, defense, speed) are SLIGHTLY more increased than the last

heres an image and an explanation of the stats:
Posted Image
accuracy: making successful headshots will teach you a greater aiming form, increasing your accuracy, and speeding up the time it takes to narrow down the sight

attack: as you kill you develop a sense of where to shoot these things, this increases the life taken from a ghoul in every bullet it takes.

defense: leveling this up increases the counter-infection whenever your suit is attacked.

speed: as you run n gun, you develop a higher control of shooting, thus allowing an expansion to your running capabilities.

regeneration: the adrenaline in your endocrine system fuses with the chemical reactions in your suit's regenerative compound, fueling the speed of which your suit de-infects itself.

melee strength: as you kill using bodily actions such as punching, your exoskeleton should get a feel of the movement, and help guide you through
i will be unable to update the game for a while, let alone work on it, im moving again, we need to store my computers monitor

Edited by Explicit, 24 January 2010 - 05:21 PM.

#45 Dylijn

Dylijn

GMC Member

• 553 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 10:34 PM

This is really going well, nice work explicit :medieval:
About the aventus light engine, then you must have a sh*tty graphic card or pc, sorry for the words.

I have a 5 year old pc and it runs at 150 fps.

Anyway, keep going.

and secretly im waiting for a npc mate example :)

#46 Dylijn

Dylijn

GMC Member

• 553 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 05:42 PM

Explicit Wy did you removed the files ?

#47 Explicit

Explicit

Destroyer of zeds

• GMC Member
  • 1647 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 08:36 PM

This is really going well, nice work explicit :)
About the aventus light engine, then you must have a sh*tty graphic card or pc, sorry for the words.
I have a 5 year old pc and it runs at 150 fps.
Anyway, keep going.
and secretly im waiting for a npc mate example ;)

i believe you haha

and i cant make anything for a while my computers in storage

Explicit Wy did you removed the files ?

kay i reuploaded the file, should work now

Edited by Explicit, 09 August 2009 - 08:39 PM.

#48 Explicit

Explicit

Destroyer of zeds

• GMC Member
  • 1647 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 08:30 PM

im gonna bump this to announce my new home is connected to the internet, i just need a monitor for my pc and im set to finally get to work on this game soon, thanks for whoever still played during my absense

#49 FurinKazanNZ

FurinKazanNZ

GMC Member

• 489 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 09:21 PM

Wicked fun, I loved the leveling system. I basically couldn't lose though. All i had to do was stick in one place, and I only got about 5 zombies on me at any one time. You should make them roam more, so that the huge army doesn't simpl form up on the other side of the map and not do anything, get them to gradually move to your position, seeing as you've got the alertness sort of variable. Anyways, the games tonnes of fun, and probably the highest quality TDS I've played.

#50 Explicit

Explicit

Destroyer of zeds

• GMC Member
  • 1647 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 12:03 AM

I basically couldn't lose though.

yeah, i balanced it out before the leveling up system was in, but after adding it the game got easier, ill tweak it up,

but after a certain score is reached, exploding zombies come into play, and zombies level up as well, just in case you didnt notice

Anyways, the games tonnes of fun, and probably the highest quality TDS I've played.

hey thanks, its sayings like this that make me proud for actually wasting 3.5 years of my life on game maker :T

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tds, windows, arcade