* Game Name: m@tö
* Category: Arcade
* File Size: 7.37 MB
* GM Version: GM7
* Vista Compatible: yes
* Changes Screen Resolution: no
* Multiplayer: no

* Description:
M@tö (correctly spelled 'mättö') is Finnish and means something like 'massacre'.

In m@tö you are a hermit who lives in a small bunker with a cannon. But there are "agents" who think that you're planning something, so they decide to blast you up. Your goal is to defend yourself from them!

M@tö features a beatiful forest scenery that will not look so nice anymore (unless you happen to like total destruction) when you start to use your bombs. The main feature of m@tö is that the ground morphs when shot. That gives you a lot of tactical options and interesting situations everytime you play.
There are a few different game modes in m@tö: two different survival modes, phases mode and fun mode where you can do whatever you want. To make the massacre even better, you get new weapons from small crates that appear occasionally.

To give you some goals, m@tö also has a total of 34 achievements and 3 unlockable enemies for fun mode. Even an online scoreboard exists where you can compare your score to your friends' and others'. After two and a half years of (slow) development and with all this stuff, m@tö is definitely our best game and a game that everyone should play. (even regarded as the best game ever by one of our friends)

* Screenshots:
Posted Image Posted Image
Screenshot3
Screenshot4
Screenshot5
Screenshot6

M@tö gameplay video on YouTube

Direct download link
m@tö at YoYo Games
Check out our other games at our site

Edited by Northern Unit, 09 October 2009 - 04:41 PM.

-> m@tö, a game with big explosions, destructible terrain and a lot of gore
-> 2D Portal Game, a game inspired by Valve's Portal

#2 cheeserules

cheeserules

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 570 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 06:12 AM

Wow, from the description, I'm surprised this isn't getting more attention! Then again, ever since they divided up the creations section into genres no arcade games ever get recognized...:D

Sadly, I am in possession of only my Mac right now...will definitely give this a go (screenies look amazing)...as soon as I can find that damn PC charger...
SOMETHING WITTY!

#3 Northern Unit

Northern Unit

GMC Member

• 26 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 04:16 PM

Thanks for that comment. I was already afraid that my game was never going to get any comments. It is quite a shame because it has got so many good comments and people really like have liked it at YoYo Games.

#4 Explicit

Explicit

Destroyer of zeds

• GMC Member
  • 1647 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 03:21 AM

cool game, kept me busy for quite a while,
only thing frustrating is the aiming and slow shooting, but the gore, powerups and explosions were cool to play through

#5 Northern Unit

Northern Unit

GMC Member

• 26 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 04:39 PM

Hey, we released a gameplay video of this game on YouTube. So, if the screenshots didn't prove this game to be awesome enough, check out the video and you'll change your mind.

M@tö gameplay video on YouTube

#6 AlexAR

AlexAR

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 173 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 09 October 2009 - 10:29 PM

Pretty good game. Graphics could have been a bit nicer, but the game play is OK. It gets really hard to aim , once the terrain gets very low and messed up, but I guess Its supposed to. And don't feel bad about not getting comments, it seems no one ever leaves comments on these forums anymore, regardless of the game quality.

I try to leave as many comments as possible though. Great job on the game.

#7 Commander Rex

Commander Rex

GMC Member

• 1 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 01:53 AM

I liked your game. The aiming could be better, but it kept me occupied for a while.

#8 Mordi

Mordi

Maker of Menus

• 3635 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 11:07 AM

Although it's not very polished, it has great classic-style graphics, and the setup is nice.
It's a very Finnish game to me. They seem to make these kinds of games, I feel!