Photo

Cage Match 196

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

Poll: Cage Match 196 (65 member(s) have cast votes)

Please choose...

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Ablach Blackrat

Ablach Blackrat

GMC Member

• GMC Elder
  • 1215 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:20 PM

The results of last week's Cage Match were as follows...

Another Day in the Life of Bob by Polystyrene Man.....34
Atomic Super Boss by Nobody.....13

Cage Match 196 (ends 2nd of May)

Another Day in the Life of Bob by Polystyrene Man
Yoyo Games Link
GMC Link

Astatine by Cesque

Yoyo Games Link
GMC Link

#2 Ablach Blackrat

Ablach Blackrat

GMC Member

• GMC Elder
  • 1215 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:22 PM

My apologies for the lateness of the Cage Match. My computer once again decided to die and I didn't get it back up until just now. It still isn't working properly so I may not be on much for the next few days.

#3 eddie7k

eddie7k

GMC Member

• 467 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:32 PM

I vote for Another Day only and only because Astatine is named dumbly.What means v0.0.1?lol

#4 PurpleFuzzy

PurpleFuzzy

Punk Rock Princess

• GMC Member
  • 1589 posts
  • Version:None

Posted 27 April 2009 - 02:00 AM

I vote for Another Day only and only because Astatine is named dumbly.What means v0.0.1?lol

That's quite a silly reason to choose one game over the other.

To me, the choice was easy this week.

-PF

#5 Polystyrene Man

Polystyrene Man

Fake Plastic Fun

• 702 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 06:52 PM

You guys should at least play Astatine. I had originally chosen it as my replacement.

#6 scoz

scoz

GMC Member

• 464 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 03:48 AM

You guys should at least play Astatine. I had originally chosen it as my replacement.

Was that directed at me? I did play astatine. I always play both games before I vote. I honestly enjoyed your game more Polystyrene, is that a problem? Astatine is the type of game I usually like to play, but Bob just clicked with me. I can't offer anymore explanation than that, because quite frankly I don't know why I voted for it myself. It's just something you can't explain, because it wasn't the "logical" choice.
EGE: Yoyo | GMC | Roket | Game Jolt

#7 Polystyrene Man

Polystyrene Man

Fake Plastic Fun

• 702 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 12:05 PM

Was that directed at me? I did play astatine. I always play both games before I vote. I honestly enjoyed your game more Polystyrene, is that a problem? Astatine is the type of game I usually like to play, but Bob just clicked with me. I can't offer anymore explanation than that, because quite frankly I don't know why I voted for it myself. It's just something you can't explain, because it wasn't the "logical" choice.

Nah, that wasn't directed at anyone in particular. I meant no offense.

#8 orange08

orange08

Art Game Movement

• GMC Member
  • 2272 posts
  • Version:GM:HTML5

Posted 28 April 2009 - 12:34 PM

Wow... Im gonna have to think about this. =\

Both games were really, really good.

Z8vrE7W.png WRhLqHy.png
"I'm just glad Off-topic isn't being removed. Otherwise I risk actually doing something productive." -RoyTheShort

#9 makerofthegames

makerofthegames

My last custom title

• GMC Member
  • 7629 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 29 April 2009 - 12:34 AM

I mean some offense in this post; How in the world could that possibly be directed at you!? You hadn't even posted yet! The world doesn't revolve around you.

#10 Andrew Brophy

Andrew Brophy

Andrew Brophy

• GMC Member
  • 668 posts
  • Version:None

Posted 29 April 2009 - 01:12 AM

I mean some offense in this post; How in the world could that possibly be directed at you!? You hadn't even posted yet! The world doesn't revolve around you.

Maybe he posted something in another topic, such as the previous cage match or one of the game's topics?

Anyway, I voted for Another Day as well. Astatine was very good, nice graphics and story, but Another Day was more enjoyable for me.

#11 ninjutsu63

ninjutsu63

GMC Member

• 1128 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 01:50 AM

I think Astatine was more of my kind of game. The level design was some of the best I've seen since Iji, and it backed it up with some solid gameplay, graphics, and story.
The Entropy Movement

Agent-Third Person Shooter -"Wow! That was the best 3d TPS I've ever played on GM!"

#12 ThatSnail

ThatSnail

That Guy

• GMC Member
  • 1036 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 01:55 AM

I voted for Bob. I just liked the freedom in it. Also Astatine was too hard for me, and the slow walking speed was annoying. Still a good game, just not as good as Another Day in the Life of Bob.

Also...

Cage Match 1956 (ends 2nd of May)

Wow, we've had an awful lot of cage matches :)

Edit: Yay, fixed.

Edited by Snail Productions, 30 April 2009 - 02:52 AM.

#13 makerofthegames

makerofthegames

My last custom title

• GMC Member
  • 7629 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 02:35 AM

Cage Match 1956 (ends 2nd of May)

Wow, we've had an awful lot of cage matches :)

I know right? By the 4th king of cage match I think they got bored with it, and started doing it every 500, by the third time of doing that they got bored. I hear they start fresh with every 100 at 2000.

Edited by makerofthegames, 29 April 2009 - 02:36 AM.

#14 scoz

scoz

GMC Member

• 464 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 12:20 PM

That's ok, I wasn't offended, but I was clarifying I had played both.

I had made a post saying "Bob. Just a gut feeling" which has since been removed, which was followed by someone else posting "Bob, bob!", which has also been removed, which was then followed by Polystyrene man's post. Maybe you should get your facts straight before you try and make inflamatory statements.
EGE: Yoyo | GMC | Roket | Game Jolt

#15 makerofthegames

makerofthegames

My last custom title

• GMC Member
  • 7629 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 06:48 PM

Maybe you should get your facts straight before you try and make inflamatory statements.

Well that is kinda a stupid thing to say, if all of the posts got removed, there is no way of me knowing, infact, there isn't really a way of me knowing that what you said is true; though I do believe you. :snitch: