Download Beta 1.3
As we all know Game Maker's level editing isn't easy at all, and especially when creating 3D games. You have to make a great number of objects and only one instance of an object sometimes, which will slow down your game and will take time and efford to do. You should also make sprites to use them for collision masks and to apply them, and many many other difficulties. Let me present you my 3D Level Editor, which will save you a lot of time and will make level creation much easier!
Using the right combinations of objects you can create great levels for your games. For example, by using animated sprites and general objects you could create fires, torches, etc. The shadow engine I developed is really good, especially when you have rooms with many point lights, which cast not just one, but many shadows. The sun shadows could look great in an outside level. By using the different blend modes and transparency alpha values you can create nice bloomy sceneries.
Why is this Level Editor better than many other
The Editor is I dare say rather good. And you want to know why? Well, because:
- it is easy to use when you get used to it
- it is easy to include the levels you make in your games
- it has many many features
- it allows you to edit various values for different objects (you can have animated objects, different blend modes, alpha values, etc.)
- it has a unique shadow engine (developed by me) that allows multiple shadows casted by one object
- it has a 3D terrain system support that allows you to have various terrains and you can apply up to 3 different textures for them
- it will allow you to create objects with specific behaviour (see the 'Unique ID' functionality in the 'ReadMe.txt' file)
- using your imagination and the Editor you will be able to create almost any level you want!
- just try it and you will see ...
A night scenery with point light
A level made with my Editor and included in my game
What resources can I use?
When making your levels you will need a certain ammount of resources to create what you want. The resources I am talking about are textures, models, animated sprites and collision masks. Here is a list of the supported file formats:
- Textures - jpeg images (JPG), bitmaps (BMP) and non-animated gif images (GIF)
- Sprites - animated and non-animated gif images (GIF)
- Collision Masks - non-animated gif images (GIF)
- Models - obj 3d models (OBJ)
You will probably find it a bit difficult to get used to the Editor in the beginning, so please have a look at the 'ReadMe.txt' file, which will help you a lot.
Put this in your signature to support the Editor and make it more popular among our community:
I am waiting for your comments. Please post what you think and tell me if you find any bugs.
!!! WARNING !!!
ALL RESOURCES INCLUDED IN THE DOWNLOAD FOLDER ARE MINE! THE LEVELS ARE FROM MY GAME SHEEPED AND ALL MODELS AND TEXTURES ARE MINE, TOO. YOU CAN NOT USE THE LEVELS FOR YOUR GAMES, BUT YOU MAY USE THE TEXTURES AND MODELS IF YOU PUT ME (Dimitar 'dmitko' Palanski) IN THE CREDITS!
Edited by dmitko, 13 August 2009 - 09:06 PM.