Scrolling Menu Example

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Mgamerz

Mgamerz

Lazy Developer

• 1289 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 11:29 PM

I'm going to admit off at first, this isn't a 'great' open source project. All my open source were what I used as test beds, so don't expect a ton of commenting on it. (The drawing after a few comments you should be able to under stand. That's all there was to it). It's not the best way but hey, it works.
It was made so it'd be able to perfectly merge with my game (including sprite names) because my game takes a while to load so I wanted to not have to beta test it too much.
And the stars are removed from my game because there were way too many objects, but hey this was just a test bed (and I didn't know how to do the stars correctly so I winged it).

Download Link
-.gm6 file
-.exe file, Vista Compatible

I hope you find this useful. If not, oh well, at least I tried :P
Original Menu made by Mordi, modified by Mgamerz

Edited by Mgamerz, 10 November 2010 - 07:19 PM.

[StarBord: the First Front]III[Open Source 360° Topdown Shooter]IIIOpen Source Scrolling MenuIIIOpen Source Joystick Controls
Have something you want to figure out how it works? Try a test bed. They are fast to load, and great for experiments. And they are FTW.

#2 Billyro

Billyro

GMC Member

• 57 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 08:06 AM

Actually, I think this is very good.
Did you include the source?
Or is that in the download of yoyogames?

#3 Mgamerz

Mgamerz

Lazy Developer

• 1289 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 02:39 PM

It has the source in the zip you download, but to have it work on yoyogames I had it so it could run as yoyogames. It has a GM6 on it. It's good, but I'm sure there are better ways to code it because this was kind of a nightmare to code, but once you learn the pattern it's pretty easy. I'm learning how to do it better now, hehe.

[StarBord: the First Front]III[Open Source 360° Topdown Shooter]IIIOpen Source Scrolling MenuIIIOpen Source Joystick Controls
Have something you want to figure out how it works? Try a test bed. They are fast to load, and great for experiments. And they are FTW.

#4 reigalius

reigalius

Generally Awesome

• 1170 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 10:56 PM

I liked the way it looked. Very professional.

#5 Mgamerz

Mgamerz

Lazy Developer

• 1289 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 11:08 PM

It was seriously hard to code. I could have made it smoother, but this was just how it fits in my game. This is also how my main menu works but it's alot shorter.
Thanks for the comments :)

#6 sparkythecat101

sparkythecat101

GMC Member

• 50 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 10:43 AM

This looks suspiciosly like one of Mordi's menu's.....
I apologize for having such a bad username, but I just can't bring myself to create a new profile...

#7 Mordi

Mordi

Maker of Menus

• 3635 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 10:53 AM

This looks suspiciosly like one of Mordi's menu's.....

Indeed. Couldn't download it, so can't be 100 percent sure, but based on the screenshots it seems to be a menu I made for a game a few years back. It can be found in a pack of menus I zipped and uploaded here somewhere.

Edit: Actually, it looks like I was wrong. It just looks very similar.

Edited by Mordi, 21 May 2009 - 10:56 AM.