16 replies to this topic

#1 lord_heman

lord_heman

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 174 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 11 March 2009 - 02:21 PM

I've finally completed my latest project, Traffic Master :)

You are the Traffic Master of the cute Martinia city, and your job is to guide the traffic through the various districts of the city, without slowing down the traffic.

You'll do this by
- changing traffic-lights
- guiding rescue veichles safely through the city
- shooting drunk men
- blowing up chrashed drivers
- taking out fires
- searching for criminals
- gaining special skills
and much more..

It comes complete with a passive ingame tutorial and an online highscorelist!

Have fun :D

The download link:
http://host-a.net/lo...ffic_master.zip

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by lord_heman, 11 March 2009 - 05:05 PM.

#2 cheeserules

cheeserules

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 570 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 02:47 PM

Looks great, but sadly I can't play right now as I am in my science class. I'll drop a review when I get home, though!
SOMETHING WITTY!

#3 Topher2798

Topher2798

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 11:17 PM

Nice, clean, graphics!

#4 thetagames

thetagames

Informatikmeister

• GMC Member
  • 1005 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 04:42 PM

This is quite a lovely, inventive game. Overall, it was quite addicting, and it really got intense when there were lines of cars backed up.

Perhaps the only thing I would change is the way you have to repeatedly click the items to use them. I think once you have one of the items selected (like the water bucket or sniper rifle), you should be able to repeatedly use it.

I liked the MIDI soundtrack, especially the rendition of Pachebel's Canon. Nice work!

#5 lord_heman

lord_heman

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 174 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 10:33 PM

This is quite a lovely, inventive game. Overall, it was quite addicting, and it really got intense when there were lines of cars backed up.

Perhaps the only thing I would change is the way you have to repeatedly click the items to use them. I think once you have one of the items selected (like the water bucket or sniper rifle), you should be able to repeatedly use it.

I liked the MIDI soundtrack, especially the rendition of Pachebel's Canon. Nice work!

Thank you for the kind words.

The thing about not being able to repeatedly use items, is made on purpose.
The idea is to stress the player when a fire breaks out, or when other actions have to be made, that require the use of an item :D

#6 osl

osl

GMC Member

• 143 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 10:08 PM

The music was good for midis and I liked the gameplay, it could keep you entertained for hours. The graphics could be a little more better and interesting. Yet I also found tools such as snipers would not often be used to shoot drunk people. Maybe instead of snipers, use police or fire for crashes and all that. But overall, I like it.

#7 negen99

negen99

GMC Member

• 567 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:23 PM

Looks and plays a lot like the classic game I had on MSX i think it was called Traffic. It's fun but I didn't get the hang of it with all the powerups and such.

#8 lord_heman

lord_heman

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 174 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 07:41 PM

The music was good for midis and I liked the gameplay, it could keep you entertained for hours. The graphics could be a little more better and interesting. Yet I also found tools such as snipers would not often be used to shoot drunk people. Maybe instead of snipers, use police or fire for crashes and all that. But overall, I like it.

The Sniper Rifle should now work correctly. And overall difficulity has been lowered a bit :GM072:

#9 Agamer

Agamer

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 157 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 09:53 PM

I've finally completed my latest project, Traffic Master :P

You are the Traffic Master of the cute Martinia city, and your job is to guide the traffic through the various districts of the city, without slowing down the traffic.

You'll do this by
- changing traffic-lights
- guiding rescue veichles safely through the city
- shooting drunk men
- blowing up chrashed drivers
- taking out fires
- searching for criminals
- gaining special skills
and much more..

It comes complete with a passive ingame tutorial and an online highscorelist!

Have fun :P

The download link:
http://host-a.net/lo...ffic_master.zip

Posted Image

Posted Image

I Liked it! I just didn't like those drunk guys :whistle:

Package designer; resource maker; engine builder; program tool creator -- Be fully prepared to game:

My scripts My images My model designer My GUI components One of my engines Accepting texture requests

#10 vadim647

vadim647

Quite Epic

• 840 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 09:57 PM

I Liked it! I just didn't like those drunk guys :whistle:

Welcome to the real world :P . Such things make the game be closer to reality. Even since in reality we don't have one dude doing all that, right? :P
We'll meet again, if you will find me.

#11 Jenner

Jenner

Jenner

• GMC Member
  • 904 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 10:41 PM

I found this game to be both original and fun. Great concept.

Edited by Jenner, 28 March 2009 - 10:41 PM.

#12 Lloyd_irving_1

Lloyd_irving_1

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 270 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 03:40 AM

I really liked Traffic Master it's suprisingly addicting and fun to play, good game. = )

-Pixel Art -- Custom Isometric Pokemon
-I use GM8 Pro

#13 margoose

margoose

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 277 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:51 PM

great, unique idea and very addictive. It got ridiculously too hard after about 7 levels though.
My Creations:

#14 lord_heman

lord_heman

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 174 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 07:11 PM

Thank you all, very much, for the replies!

About the difficulity though:
The idea was, that the last 2 levels should really be quite hard (but not impossiple at all), so the player might experince that "YES, finally!"-feeling, when/if he completes it at some point :)

#15 jep

jep

GMC Member

• 1 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 01:40 AM

Hi lord_heman,
I've just find your game. That's what I need (exactly). I'm inserting a communication between gamemaker and the paralell port. The idea is to have a real traffic light (in real just leds) controled by the game. Is it possible you to send me the code, I do not need the complete game, just fase 1 and 2 for example, in return, I will send you the same version with the code plus the needed dll and some hardware tips.
Thanks, and keep going.

Thank you all, very much, for the replies!

About the difficulity though:
The idea was, that the last 2 levels should really be quite hard (but not impossiple at all), so the player might experince that "YES, finally!"-feeling, when/if he completes it at some point :D

#16 The Hidden app

The Hidden app

It's here somewhere

• 90 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 18 September 2009 - 11:54 PM

Well, its been a long time since I have played a game like this, it was pretty good, but, online highscores don't work, and the drunk people are pretty annoying!

Rate: 5/5

#17 lisa47

lisa47

GMC Member

• 7 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 11:29 AM

Hello,

Very nice, you did a great job, very clean & clear graphics, i haven't play yet but sure will play this.

Thanks for sharing!