Anti-Decompiler [Download]

• Please log in to reply
480 replies to this topic

#271 Aragon1029

Aragon1029

GMC Member

• 940 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:44 PM

That's nice. You just might make a WORKING application that DOES SOMETHING someday. :lol:

Ha, actually I was half lying, half telling the truth, I haven't cracked Charlies encryption yet.
However most of the decompiler is finished it's missing a few things when extracting resources and a few things when creating the GMK, that I'm not lying about.

#272 benoit.rouleau

benoit.rouleau

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1528 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:20 PM

I haven't cracked Charlies encryption yet.

lol, but that's the important part!

#273 score_under

score_under

Least kawaii

• GMC Member
  • 1321 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:09 PM

Oh, by the way, since Ara is writing a decompiler (hopefully only for personal use, if that), I've decided to take a look at the Game Maker format in more depth - and it's apparent that Mark doesn't realize that compression algorithms are meant to compress low-entropy data into relatively high-entropy data. If you compress a compressed block of data, you're in fact making it larger on the whole.

And as I never hesitate to point out with the file formats that GM uses, Boolean values are meant to take only one bit. Mark's formats make them 32 times the size they need to be.

#274 Nubcake

Nubcake

Nubcake

• GMC Member
  • 1320 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 19 August 2010 - 10:29 PM

Great Job On the A-Decompiler!

#275 HaRRiKiRi

HaRRiKiRi

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1364 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 01:00 PM

Great work on this, but I guess the GM8 icon bug isn't fixed yet?
It seems to be a bug with some 32bit icons. I can AD my game with 32x32 icon, but I can't when I include 64bit and 128bit icons.

#276 score_under

score_under

Least kawaii

• GMC Member
  • 1321 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 05:30 PM

Great work on this, but I guess the GM8 icon bug isn't fixed yet?
It seems to be a bug with some 32bit icons. I can AD my game with 32x32 icon, but I can't when I include 64bit and 128bit icons.

Sorry, but I can't really fix that without changing my current .dat format (again). (I thought that I had more than enough this time...)

If you need to use the large icon for whatever reason, then you can always message me before the release and I'll try to patch the EXE manually. I'm going to France for a week, so I'll try to work on the anti-decompiler after that.

#277 HaRRiKiRi

HaRRiKiRi

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1364 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 05:55 PM

I just wanted to use larger icons, because Vista and Win7 use them. So higher quality. But no rush, if you can't fix that in the next week then its ok.

#278 lucb1e

lucb1e

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 13 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 21 September 2010 - 08:31 PM

hmm is it just me, or is this things just half working :/
Just tried encrypting my game, but it errors that it can't find any suitable dat files. Other GM8 games work fine, just my game (client and server) doesn't work. Could it be something with included files or gex'es?

edit: oh and why is the program still running in the task manager while I closed it about 3 hours ago?

Edited by lucb1e, 21 September 2010 - 10:36 PM.

#279 score_under

score_under

Least kawaii

• GMC Member
  • 1321 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:36 PM

hmm is it just me, or is this things just half working :/
Just tried encrypting my game, but it errors that it can't find any suitable dat files. Other GM8 games work fine, just my game (client and server) doesn't work. Could it be something with included files or gex'es?

Try using a smaller icon - I haven't got the anti-decompiler working with larger icons yet (and have lost most motivation to rewrite it again).

edit: oh and why is the program still running in the task manager while I closed it about 3 hours ago?

No idea, I haven't ever seen that before.

#280 PwnageMage

PwnageMage

Nobody Pwns This Mage

• 1864 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 02:23 AM

I'm being forced against my will to tell you guys that the decompiler is released and I'm bumping this topic so people see it.

#281 epicCreations

epicCreations

Cool As Ace

• 1241 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 02:56 AM

I'm being forced against my will to tell you guys that the decompiler is released and I'm bumping this topic so people see it.

You too, huh?

#282 iluvfuz

iluvfuz

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1452 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:13 AM

I'm just curious, although I don't really mind the new decompiler floating around, does the anti-decompiled EXE uploaded to YYG would affect its Instant Play capabilities? I'm not sure if YYG needs to recompile the given Game Maker EXE to create a Play Now enabled file, or if it's essentially the same file.

#283 lucb1e

lucb1e

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 04:29 PM

I'm just curious, although I don't really mind the new decompiler floating around, does the anti-decompiled EXE uploaded to YYG would affect its Instant Play capabilities? I'm not sure if YYG needs to recompile the given Game Maker EXE to create a Play Now enabled file, or if it's essentially the same file.

From starting post:

Q: Can I upload the protected game to InstantPlay?
A: No, InstantPlay can't read the game data.

I think it's because the virusscan it runs on the file, and it probably isn't recognised as a gamemaker game. Or, that are my theories at least (didn't really ask anyone or read about it).

#284 Shadowrend

Shadowrend

Master of Shadows

• GMC Member
  • 2967 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 05:08 PM

Okay, ppl! I wasted 10 minutes of my time to do these tests.
I've picked some random games. I won't tell what due to the authors having accounts on these forums.

The not-compiled game took about 2 sec to decompile. The GMK was readable and I had the source. DELETED.
The compiled game took about 3-4 sec's to decompile. It said successful, but there was no GMK.
The YYG game could not be decompiled. It seems it only decompiles exe's.

I also did some checking on my program ImageStudio, and I could not decompile it cuz it was compiled with the score_under's compiler :) GJ!

PS: The compiler throws an error if you are using icons larger than 32pix.

#285 benoit.rouleau

benoit.rouleau

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1528 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 07:09 PM

Shadowrend: you seem to mistake "compile" for "encrypt". Score_under didn't make a compiler, he made an anti-decompiler which somehow encrypts executables so they can't be decompiled. There's only one GM compiler as far as I know, and it's GM. :P Also you can't decompile a not-compiled game, lol.

Edited by benetonmovie, 30 September 2010 - 07:09 PM.

#286 Shadowrend

Shadowrend

Master of Shadows

• GMC Member
  • 2967 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 07:18 PM

Shadowrend: you seem to mistake "compile" for "encrypt". Score_under didn't make a compiler, he made an anti-decompiler which somehow encrypts executables so they can't be decompiled. There's only one GM compiler as far as I know, and it's GM. :P Also you can't decompile a not-compiled game, lol.

-.-

#287 TheMagicNumber

TheMagicNumber

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 5247 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 30 September 2010 - 08:17 PM

There's only one GM compiler as far as I know, and it's GM. :P

Not quite. There are no GM compilers that work completely.

But yes, we all know this works. score_under also said he wouldn't fix icons as he'd have to redo his dat format (if I remember correctly).

#288 benoit.rouleau

benoit.rouleau

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1528 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 10:27 PM

-.-

What? :huh:

#289 Aragon1029

Aragon1029

GMC Member

• 940 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 11:44 PM

<Snip>

1. I've linked to the anti-decompiler on the decompiler's page. I want people to use this to protect their game. Of course it works against the decompiler.
2. You sound familiar
3. Thanks for the bug report. trollface.jpg

#290 Shadowrend

Shadowrend

Master of Shadows

• GMC Member
  • 2967 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 02:34 PM

<Snip>

1. I've linked to the anti-decompiler on the decompiler's page. I want people to use this to protect their game. Of course it works against the decompiler.
2. You sound familiar
3. Thanks for the bug report. trollface.jpg

2. What? Who? Me? What for?

#291 halo7568

halo7568

GMC Member

• 76 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 04:31 PM

Well, it seems that I might have gotten around the GM7 encryption about 16-20 hours after I decided to do it (I noticed a compressor was there as well, did not try doing anything with it).

Most of the time was spent staring at GM7 executables in hex editors and in multiple windows of ollydbg, and using Cheat Engine the odd time or two to verify my suspicions.

Would have been helpful to know at least a little bit about GM7's inner workings before starting (such as where the game data starts in an executable and what it looks like; and why the hell the entire game file (for normal executables) is read into memory (actually, I still do not know why)), would have saved hours of staring at code and eventually inferring things.

Also, no idea how well my method is working since I only tested it on three simple GM7 executables I made on the fly for testing (which I used with the Java GM7 decompiler that only goes up to version 7 I think). The fun thing is that the executables my program creates are not even playable. I stopped working on my program the moment I noticed the decompiler I was using could decompile the executables.

I was assuming no one had gotten through the encryption yet, but I guess now that I check, someone (or a "friend" of someone) has already done so.

In any case, I am not going to distribute the program I made to anyone. I probably will not even use it myself (aside from testing that it works, probably only on my own stuff, which is nonexistent). Just so, you know, people do not hate me. Though it is maybe just as likely they will not believe me, which is fine.

Just posting in case the original poster wants to know.

Edited by halo7568, 02 October 2010 - 08:41 PM.

#292 Shadowrend

Shadowrend

Master of Shadows

• GMC Member
  • 2967 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 07:52 PM

So then quit Game Maker. Every protection gets hacked sooner or later... Even the infamous DRM and Sony Playstation 3 ...

#293 halo7568

halo7568

GMC Member

• 76 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 08:52 PM

So then quit Game Maker. Every protection gets hacked sooner or later... Even the infamous DRM and Sony Playstation 3 ...

If that was directed at me, I probably have not actually used GM for 5-6 or more years. I would not be such a stranger to the GM format if I had been using it all this time.

A few times a year I come by the GMC and look at random things, which is how I discovered this thread and decided randomly to try it out.

Also, I was not complaining about GM or anything. So, even if I was using it, I do not see why I would want to quit.

Edited by halo7568, 02 October 2010 - 09:31 PM.

#294 piluke

piluke

Pixel Matrix Member

• GMC Member
  • 491 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 23 October 2010 - 02:57 PM

Do you want me to give credit?

#295 score_under

score_under

Least kawaii

• GMC Member
  • 1321 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 10:03 PM

Do you want me to give credit?

You can if you want to, but I don't really ask for credit. Besides, if someone was trying to decompile it, they'd find out soon enough ;)

#296 van0014

van0014

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 300 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 03:15 PM

I found the process of anti decompiling an .exe and compressing it a bit annoying for anyone protecting a few games at once, with lots of things to click and .exe renaming to go through, so i made this program to make the process more straightforward. It does it all in one go and deletes the temporary .exes. You just pick an exe to protect and pick a place to save it and its all done. Hope its helpful for someone!

Edited by van0014, 30 November 2010 - 04:11 AM.

#297 piluke

piluke

Pixel Matrix Member

• GMC Member
  • 491 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 01:19 AM

I think that anti-decompiling is quite easy. All you have to do is browse for it and copy it. But for me, I can never get the compressor working. :o

Edited by piluke, 25 November 2010 - 01:23 AM.

#298 piluke

piluke

Pixel Matrix Member

• GMC Member
  • 491 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 01:21 AM

~~~Oops double post~~~

Edited by piluke, 25 November 2010 - 01:22 AM.

#299 van0014

van0014

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 300 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 04:32 AM

If that didn't work have you tried using the program i made? It includes the compressor and runs it from a temporary folder. If the .exe compressor doesn't work from the program, it may not work at all.

There are probably a lot of good .exe compressors out there, you just have to look for them. An exe compressor should work for game maker .exes without a problem, i dont think game maker exes need a special compressor or anything.

#300 piluke

piluke

Pixel Matrix Member

• GMC Member
  • 491 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 01:43 PM

Hmm... I guess I'll try your program. The only problem is that I'll have to boot into Windows. <_<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users