Well, it seems that I might have gotten around the GM7 encryption about 16-20 hours after I decided to do it (I noticed a compressor was there as well, did not try doing anything with it).
Most of the time was spent staring at GM7 executables in hex editors and in multiple windows of ollydbg, and using Cheat Engine the odd time or two to verify my suspicions.
Would have been helpful to know at least a little bit about GM7's inner workings before starting (such as where the game data starts in an executable and what it looks like; and why the hell the entire game file (for normal executables) is read into memory (actually, I still do not know why)), would have saved hours of staring at code and eventually inferring things.
Also, no idea how well my method is working since I only tested it on three simple GM7 executables I made on the fly for testing (which I used with the Java GM7 decompiler that only goes up to version 7 I think). The fun thing is that the executables my program creates are not even playable. I stopped working on my program the moment I noticed the decompiler I was using could decompile the executables.
I was assuming no one had gotten through the encryption yet, but I guess now that I check, someone (or a "friend" of someone) has already done so.
In any case, I am not going to distribute the program I made to anyone. I probably will not even use it myself (aside from testing that it works, probably only on my own stuff, which is nonexistent). Just so, you know, people do not hate me. Though it is maybe just as likely they will not believe me, which is fine.
Just posting in case the original poster wants to know.
Edited by halo7568, 02 October 2010 - 08:41 PM.