GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4214 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 25 February 2009 - 09:10 PM

Posted Image

Please vote for Gore in the cage match!

Introduction

Gore is a Top Down Arcade Shooter game featuring a comprehensive gore and lighting system. I have made Gore to enter it in to the TIA gorey game competition. The more people that enter, the better! I would really love for Gore to win, and if it does the money I win will go towards some good sound recording equipment and a piano :whistle:

Gameplay

In Gore you play as a heavily armed individual who has found himself stranded on a far off planet. Every night a relentless onslaught of aliens attack you, and it is your job to survive and make as much money as possible. During the day you can spend your well-earned cash on upgrading and buying weapons. Each night more and more aliens come, and you'll soon start to notice new scarier aliens appearing and doing their part in making you into mutilation pie!

Controls

WSAD- Movement
Mouse- Aim
Left mouse button- Fire
R- Reload
Scroll wheel or Q and E- Select weapons
Right click- Throw grenades

Screenshots

Mutilation for the nation | Crossbow weilding | Happiness cheat | Buy menu

Cheats

To enter a cheat you simply type it whilst fighting. All the cheats are written under this, but it is more rewarding to unlock the cheats in the campaign mode :mellow:

minigun -Gives the player a minigun
acidrain -Toggles acid rain
invisible -Spawns 5 slicers
doctor -Full health
riches -$1000's
happy -Happiness mode!
sad -Normal mode
protectme -Toggle forcefield
provider -Toggle infinite ammo
firepower -Gives all weapons fully upgraded

Download

YoYoGames Instant play
Host-a
Source
GMK. And no, I'm not making a unreg version :blink:

Main Features

-Story mode
-Survival mode
-Online highscores
-Lots of aliens
-4 Challenging bosses
-Lighting system
-Very Gorey!

Support

If you like this game, please put the Gore support banner in your signature!

Posted Image

[url="http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=421457"][IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/707xiq.png[/IMG][/url]

Final notes

I would really love to do well in this competition- But I can't without your help. I need as much support in this competition as possible, so the more replies the better!

Please, if you want to help Gore win reply to the thread at TIA productions forum

Thanks,
Chaz

Edited by chaz13, 03 May 2009 - 09:16 AM.

#2 Gamer-Alex

Gamer-Alex

GMC Member

• 135 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 10:30 PM

Just replied to other thread. Awesome game! Great that you're making a sequel.

#3 chaz13

chaz13

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4214 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 10:35 PM

Thanks for your reply. A sequel is not confirmed, but I am undergoing talks with another GMC member about a fully online sequel.

#4 makerofthegames

makerofthegames

My last custom title

• GMC Member
  • 7629 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 25 February 2009 - 10:48 PM

In my opinion Gore is not blood.

Gore is organs or things inside the body (other than blood) falling out.

:whistle: Still cool though.

#5 Gamer-Alex

Gamer-Alex

GMC Member

• 135 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 10:53 PM

O...k...

I would say gore is not only the giblets and stuff that comes out, but also the blood. Without the blood they wouldn't look as gory.

#6 jarcon

jarcon

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 976 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 11:09 PM

Woohoo, finished! :whistle:
Chaz, I'll write you a full length review like I do with all finished games I follow. Just in a while, maybe tomorrow, as I'm really tired. >.>

#7 ydawg314

ydawg314

GMC Member

• 901 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 11:29 PM

Woohoo, finished! :whistle:
Chaz, I'll write you a full length review like I do with all finished games I follow. Just in a while, maybe tomorrow, as I'm really tired. >.>

me aswell. I have hw to tackle but I will write a review in a bit
Check out my newest game Redesigned from scratch!
Posted Image
Download Mobile Suit Grunt Wars.zip W.I.P 7-26
TEST YOUR MECH PILOTING SKILLS!!!
Spoiler

#8 chaz13

chaz13

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4214 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 05:28 PM

In my opinion Gore is not blood.

Gore is organs or things inside the body (other than blood) falling out.

:) Still cool though.

There are organs and things too, but the blood makes them hard to see.

I'd love to get some reviews, that would be fantastic :D

#9 masterofhisowndomain

masterofhisowndomain

The Designer

• GMC Member
  • 3650 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 26 February 2009 - 06:14 PM

Excellent additions you've made. Only completed it on Easy, since I'm terrible, but I love the new sound effects and camera shaking. Would say more but am still busy with coursework..

List Of Mods And Add-Ons

(Things you must try, for the games you already have)

Insightful links:
Higher Order Fun -- Game Design, Maths.
The Missing Concept -- Career/Hobby?
Neither Career Nor Hobby -- Career/Hobby?
Wario Land 4 Project -- Platformer design.

#10 ninjutsu63

ninjutsu63

GMC Member

• 1128 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 06:29 PM

Gore:
At first glance, Gore doesn't look like anything new. A zombie game? Been there done that, you might think. The list of features doesn't exactly include anything mind blowing or incredibly innovative. However, this is one game that shows the zombie/alien shooting genre hasn't fallen dead into a rotten grave yet.

When you start up the game, you're treated to a short cutscene that might remind you of a classic arcade game. From there, you start by shooting small bugs in explosions of blood, until you work your way up to the epic final boss. It hardly ever gets old when you're playing through, as you are constantly getting new weapons and upgrades, and fighting new aliens blowing up unique gory ways. Of course, it's also broken up by the 4 boss battles. Sometimes these can turn out to be the epic confrontation they are meant to be, while others times they can provoke a yawn with their repetitive nature (a symptom I found the third boss to suffer from especially).

If you find yourself hungering for more blood, you can also try out the survival mode, where you simply try to hold off the alien hordes for as long as you can. When you're done, you can submit your score online.

All in all, Gore is an excellent way to spend a little of your time, although don't be suprised if you end up playing it for a little more than you though at first.

--------------------------------------

There's your review, as promised. I hope you win. Pianos are very nice to have.
The Entropy Movement

Agent-Third Person Shooter -"Wow! That was the best 3d TPS I've ever played on GM!"

#11 chaz13

chaz13

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4214 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 08:09 PM

That's an awesome review! Thanks!

Have you posted it at yoyogames? I would check but it seems to be down at the moment.

#12 ninjutsu63

ninjutsu63

GMC Member

• 1128 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 10:04 PM

No, but I will when the site comes up.
The Entropy Movement

Agent-Third Person Shooter -"Wow! That was the best 3d TPS I've ever played on GM!"

#13 Wilbo

Wilbo

GMC Member

• 187 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 01:27 PM

I had good fun with this, which seems unfair somehow because you didn't enjoy mine :)

Anyway - as usual I'm going to try to be a bit more useful than bumping and saying it's fun, because that doesn't really help anyone. I played a very slightly older version so go ahead and flame me if I'm picking up anything that's changed - it's just such a nuisance to have to download the file, put it on a usb, and take it home just to play it - reckon it's probably better to post now and revise later if I notice any changes (I just downloaded the new version).

- Great to see a game with an intro and some sort of story - mabye I play too many WIPs
- Groans and rain splatter sounds during intro (in space)?
- A flash of multi-coloured-ness in between levels (possibly my laptop just sucks at life)
- A couple of typos on mission briefings: alternation between first and third person (???)
- Zombie dismemberment is fun :)
- Crossbows are fun :)
- The laser gun never really runs out of ammo (you can keep firing it as it reloads), making it kindof OP and as a result, enabling you to roll in cash as of when you first buy it. It's so good in every situation that it makes everything else kindof redundant. Except grenades...
- Grenades are fun, especially because the enemy follow them - perhaps buying extras could be a way of using up spare cash?
- The health display heartbeat thing is nice - only a few games use it (1213 for example) but I reckon it's far cooler than health bars

edit: forgot to mention the blood! This is down really really well - it carries it's name well :)

Anyway, great game, what's your next project?

William

Edited by Wilbo, 04 March 2009 - 01:29 PM.

Supersoldat: My first and most complete game - DnD only and now open source!

Abomination: My current project - harder, faster, better looking but totally ignored by the community at large. Check it out, I need feedback!

#14 chaz13

chaz13

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4214 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 04:35 PM

Thanks for your detailed reply, I really appreciate it :)

I never said I didn't enjoy your game, I just think it needs a bit more soul, because at the moment it seems a bit more like an engine :)

#15 JoriathLionfort

JoriathLionfort

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 01:56 PM

Excellent game, indeed! One of the few games in the vein of the supreme Crimsonland that comes even close to its level of fun. Very inspiring!

One comment, though: I guess its a bug (it has to be, in this game :D ) , but when you hit the weapons' buttons, you get the corresponding weapon fully loaded, even if you hit the number for the one you're currently holding. So: number 6 + mouse button = rocket fest!!! :D I don't know if that's an intended behaviour, but it kinda makes the whole game pretty easy :)

Keep it up!!!

~~Senri no michi mo ippo kara~~
~~ Senri no michi mo ippo kara ~~

#16 chaz13

chaz13

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4214 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 04:43 PM

I'm flattered to see that this is your first post :)

Thanks for the feedback; and yeah, that bug is a bit of a pain!

#17 JoriathLionfort

JoriathLionfort

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 01:38 AM

I'm flattered to see that this is your first post ;)

Thanks for the feedback; and yeah, that bug is a bit of a pain!

Thank you for sharing such a great piece of entertainment! <_< Should I need some inspiration, now I know a place where I can get it...

Oh, and by the way: your lighting engine's truly helped me clarify some concepts. Thank you very much! :)

#18 chaz13

chaz13

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4214 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 06:00 PM

You're very welcome :)

I'm glad to hear my lighting engine has gone to good use. And now, I have released the Source of Gore so you can see how I implemented it!

#19 ninjutsu63

ninjutsu63

GMC Member

• 1128 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 10:52 PM

Nice to see the source out and about. I'm looking forward to see how the heck you animated that final boss!
The Entropy Movement

#20 H4WK

H4WK

GMC Member

• Validating
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 08:00 PM

cool game. Really like the graphics and the blood effects.^^
Gameplay is also awesome. One thing that I didn't liked was the unbalanced difficulty. Until 13 day I didn't die once and then suddenly it became so hard that couldn't make it trough that day(I tried 5 times or so). lol
great job with the lightning engine btw.

Edit:
I have now beaten the Story mode and this time it was really easy. I just used all the time the rocketthrower.

Edited by H4WK, 12 March 2009 - 08:27 PM.

#21 zarley11

zarley11

GMC Member

• 112 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 14 March 2009 - 06:33 PM

Awesome game! Incredible!

#22 chaz13

chaz13

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4214 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 11:59 PM

Thanks for the replies :P Hopefully the source will help people out, too. Shame about the competition.

#23 FireWire Games

FireWire Games

GMC Member

• 1548 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 09:59 PM

Thanks for the replies :( Hopefully the source will help people out, too. Shame about the competition.

Gore didn't win the competition? Where do you find the results, I don't see it on the TIA page or forums?

#24 MMORPGguy

MMORPGguy

MMORPG guy

• GMC Member
  • 2208 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 05:12 AM

That wasn't much, but it felt like quite a lot I must say. AI could've used some improvement though, almost anything was beatable by rounding them up into a huge mob and rocketing them.

edit:

Wait, what? The results are in? I had a game in it too (the one with the banner in my sig). Who won?

Edited by MMORPGguy, 16 March 2009 - 05:12 AM.

My blog.

"Let the guarantee of free speech be in every man's determination to use it, and we shall have no need of paper declarations."
- Voltairine de Cleyre

#25 chaz13

chaz13

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4214 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 07:48 AM

No, the results aren't in, but it's been almost a month now. I have a feeling the guy's forgotten he even owns a website <.<

#26 MMORPGguy

MMORPGguy

MMORPG guy

• GMC Member
  • 2208 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 06:23 PM

No, the results aren't in, but it's been almost a month now. I have a feeling the guy's forgotten he even owns a website <.<

You check the site today? It had a facelift, and somewhere it said "judging in progress".

But yeah, until today I was a little worried too. The guy hadn't even been online in a month.
My blog.

"Let the guarantee of free speech be in every man's determination to use it, and we shall have no need of paper declarations."
- Voltairine de Cleyre

#27 chaz13

chaz13

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4214 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 07:41 PM

Ah, thanks for the update! :D

I'm looking on the site, but it doens't appear to be different. Could you link me to it?

#28 makerofthegames

makerofthegames

My last custom title

• GMC Member
  • 7629 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 18 March 2009 - 03:56 AM

I didn't see any organs, just body parts..

#29 MMORPGguy

MMORPGguy

MMORPG guy

• GMC Member
  • 2208 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 04:04 AM

Ah, thanks for the update! :blink:

I'm looking on the site, but it doens't appear to be different. Could you link me to it?

www.tiaproductions.com

You must be going to the old competitions section, which he left up. Get to the new one from the homepage thing.
My blog.

- Voltairine de Cleyre

#30 chaz13

chaz13

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4214 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 07:40 AM

Hmm, that website looks like the older one. In the competition section it's talking about a two colour game.

I suppose I'll just wait and see.

#31 ardnat

ardnat

GMC Member

• 421 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 11:09 PM

there seems to be a problem with your highscore table
http://gmh.gilsoftwa.....urvival Times
hehe, pm me I can fix it :P

#32 sub

sub

EVIL GENIUS

• GMC Member
  • 1905 posts
  • Version:GM6

Posted 23 March 2009 - 06:37 AM

as usual chaz you continue to churn out top-notch stuff.. a quick reply as i'm about to go visiting for a few days, just fired up GORE while waiting..

first the things that didn't escape my attention..
there seemed to be a bug buying the Xbow (it always said BUY instead of UPGRADE)
it was a little hard keeping track of HP but the HP bar itself was really cool, i found myself wondering how u made it.
difficulty increased sharply around day 13 as another player reported.
[SPOLIER ALERT!] the invisible boss.. maybe coulda briefly appeared when it was hit?

what i liked..
the intro! really smick, reminded me also of some old coin-op game or something.. as another player stated.. really really good! ..kinda had a deja-vu of 'colony' also XD

[SPOILER ALERT!] the final boss was really cool. it was a bit of a letdown tho when its head just stood there and rockets didn't seem to damage it further.. i just whipped out the ol' fully upgraded SMG and finished it off.. haha a great boss.. those armored bugs n stuff coulda emerged from destroyed body sections to increase the difficulty?

weapon choices were varied enough.. a flame-thrower woulda kicked ass

the outro.. LMAO how the guy just kept shooting as he winched up to the chopper.. he sure wanted to make sure nothing followed him..

tweaks..?
death animations for those teeny bugs.. like flipping over, rolling around, scattering, etc.. would look great
shadows? (a high end gfx setting?) -- what FPS were u getting? it was smooth for me (i recently upgraded to 1.5gig RAM, still have 1.8+ghz processer and 128mb gfx)

zombies falling, lurching as they die.. legless zombies that drag themselves to you..

overall impressive! good sound effects, smooth gameplay, lots of little animations etc and attention to detail.. can't wait to collaborate with you once more

#33 chaz13

chaz13

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4214 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 04:38 PM

Thanks for the great reply. You really highlighted the main problems and merits with Gore, which will help me to develop other games better. I look forward to collaberating with you, too.

#34 DJ J4KE

DJ J4KE

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 142 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 03:20 PM

Took me about an hour to complete, and it was AMAZING! SEQUEL, SEQUEL, SEQUEL!

Graphix 10/10:
Awesome graphics, even the cutscenes are good. Rain's realistic, and so is the blood. I like the way the arms fall off the zombies.

Soundz 10/10:
Extremely chilling, the thunder and moans of terrifying creatures really got the mood going.

Gamplay 9/10:
A bit too easy, I only used the laser gun throughout the game and did all the nights (except for 2) first time.

Creativity 8/10:
Its very simple, stay in a small area and kill everything that comes near you. Not saying its not good, its works fine, but sometimes I sit thinking 'is this it?'.

Overall 9/10:
Unlocked the cheats at the end of the game. :)
Now i'm going to have a go at the Survival mode...

EDIT: Just a thought, maybe if you do make a sequel, how about a level or something where the aliens invade Earth :)
P.S I'm addicted to the game now!

Edited by DJ J4KE, 24 March 2009 - 04:14 PM.

#35 chaz13

chaz13

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4214 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 05:44 PM

Wow, such a positive response! I really appreciate it!

There is going to be a sequel, and I am currently planning it with FireWire. It is however going to be rather different to Gore at the moment, it will be online coop (much like left 4 dead) and it will be a bit more objective based. I can't say much more at the moment, but thanks again for your reply :)

#36 DJ J4KE

DJ J4KE

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 142 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 05:55 PM

Wow, such a positive response! I really appreciate it!

There is going to be a sequel, and I am currently planning it with FireWire. It is however going to be rather different to Gore at the moment, it will be online coop (much like left 4 dead) and it will be a bit more objective based. I can't say much more at the moment, but thanks again for your reply :)

Cool, but beware - theres this one game I play and the online works locally, but not for two different people on differnet networks. :) So just choose your multiplayer engine carefully lol.

#37 chaz13

chaz13

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4214 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 06:36 PM

Thanks for the advice, but we're coding it from scratch :)

#38 DJ J4KE

DJ J4KE

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 142 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 06:46 PM

Thats good, just be careful how you code it then lol. And good luck!

#39 chaz13

chaz13

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4214 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 08:37 PM

I will be, and thankyou :whistle:

#40 FireWire Games

FireWire Games

GMC Member

• 1548 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 11:28 PM

Hey everyone. I'm the guy working on Gore 2 with chaz13. I figured I'd give a little insight into our progress and a few teasers while giving this topic a bump.

Currently progress is slow as I'm sure chaz13 will agree to. I've been busy with a lot of things and just haven't had much time to work on anything in GM. However, this week is Spring Break so I've got plenty of time. I'll be working on the online engine as much as I can (most likely in the dead of night because I'm busy all day), as well as improving SGU (for those very few of you who care <_<) which will most likely be the source of updates for Gore 2.

Here's what I think I'll give away to keep you guys interested. Keep in mind that none of it is completely confirmed, but will most like be put in.
-Will take place about a decade after the events of Gore.
-Pits you and 3 others against hordes of aliens to accomplish objectives.
-SOCOM Confrontation-esque weapon and gear loadouts.
-All new aliens, plus some of the old favorites.
-Large and expansive maps.
-A completely new arsenal of weapons.

That's about it. We have a website up located here where we will be posting updates from now on I believe, just as soon as I finish everything. One last thing, here's a rough draft of the logo for Gore 2:

Posted Image

Regards,
FireWire Games

Edited by FireWire Games, 07 April 2009 - 11:34 PM.

#41 DJ J4KE

DJ J4KE

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 142 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 05:05 PM

Hey everyone. I'm the guy working on Gore 2 with chaz13. I figured I'd give a little insight into our progress and a few teasers while giving this topic a bump.

Currently progress is slow as I'm sure chaz13 will agree to. I've been busy with a lot of things and just haven't had much time to work on anything in GM. However, this week is Spring Break so I've got plenty of time. I'll be working on the online engine as much as I can (most likely in the dead of night because I'm busy all day), as well as improving SGU (for those very few of you who care :)) which will most likely be the source of updates for Gore 2.

Here's what I think I'll give away to keep you guys interested. Keep in mind that none of it is completely confirmed, but will most like be put in.

That's about it. We have a website up located here where we will be posting updates from now on I believe, just as soon as I finish everything. One last thing, here's a rough draft of the logo for Gore 2:

Posted Image

Regards,
FireWire Games

Wow, sounds good.

Also, I would have thought more people would have replied considering how popular it was/is, not only on GMC but on other sites too. ;)

#42 grimmjow

grimmjow

GMC Member

• 817 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 05:09 PM

Currently progress is slow as I'm sure chaz13 will agree to. I've been busy with a lot of things and just haven't had much time to work on anything in GM. However, this week is Spring Break so I've got plenty of time. I'll be working on the online engine as much as I can (most likely in the dead of night because I'm busy all day), as well as improving SGU (for those very few of you who care ;)) which will most likely be the source of updates for Gore 2.

Posted Image

Regards,
FireWire Games

Brilliant to see GORE 2 I hope it goes great!
<div align='center'><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><a href="http://gmc.yoyogames...owtopic=433061" target="_blank"><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro--><b>Project Leader for the Game Maker Community Game</b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></a></div>

#43 chaz13

chaz13

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4214 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 11:23 AM

Thanks for the replies. Not a lot is happening with Gore 2 as of yet, but hopefully we'll be past the design stages soon.

EDIT: Just an small update, I have indeed started work on the engine and so far it is coming along well.

Edited by chaz13, 04 May 2009 - 09:57 AM.

#44 grimmjow

grimmjow

GMC Member

• 817 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 06:23 PM

I cannot wait for GORE 2 ;) GORE was superb :)
<div align='center'><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><a href="http://gmc.yoyogames...owtopic=433061" target="_blank"><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro--><b>Project Leader for the Game Maker Community Game</b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></a></div>

#45 chaz13

chaz13

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4214 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 03:43 PM

Thanks ;) I'm having a little touble with the multiplayer engine at the moment (if anyone would like to help me out with it, pm me!) but other than that all seems to be going well. I'm really excited about Gore being in the Cagematch, and I appreciate any votes :)

Edited by chaz13, 06 May 2009 - 03:43 PM.

#46 grimmjow

grimmjow

GMC Member

• 817 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 04:09 PM

When will GORE 2 be released approximately?

#47 chaz13

chaz13

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4214 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 06:15 PM

There is no realease date as of yet, I'd wait a month or too then I might have a better idea. I'm still having quite a big issue with movement lag, so you like Gore and is good with the 39dll I'd really appreciate your help.

#48 kr_default

kr_default

GMC Member

• 871 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 02:00 AM

Not working properly for me sadly, a lot of the graphics go strange at times, and also the more serious part which makes it unplayable for me is that the lighting it all black, so I can't actually see anything my crosshair is pointed at. The light effect seems to be on the outside of the black light sprite.
Any ideas why this is happening?

#49 chaz13

chaz13

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4214 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 12:14 PM

Not working properly for me sadly, a lot of the graphics go strange at times, and also the more serious part which makes it unplayable for me is that the lighting it all black, so I can't actually see anything my crosshair is pointed at. The light effect seems to be on the outside of the black light sprite.
Any ideas why this is happening?

Unfortunately it seems as though your computer can't handle the surfaces for some reason. This could be because your graphics card is out of date, or you need to update your drivers. There's no real way for me to make a version without surfaces, it would ruin the feel of the game :wacko:

#50 Shim Kangrey

Shim Kangrey

GMC Member

• 50 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 01:54 PM

The main story was much too easy. By day 5 I had the rocket launcher and just owned until the last day.

But I love this game, it really is unique. The violence is superb! Everything is above-par, except for the difficulty. Great work!

EDIT: I just took a peak into your source and I must say, it is TERRIBLY complex!!! Everything has it's own object! It's very hard to change anything without first changing the values of every like object.

Edited by Shim Kangrey, 10 July 2009 - 09:50 PM.