6 replies to this topic

#1 barrya3

barrya3

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 274 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 05:13 PM

Hi All,

So I made Pinball Panda (GMC Topic) and it went down very well, winning three Cage Matches. Now it is back bigger, better, brighter.

GM7
4.2 Mb
Windowed (800x600) Full Screen on F4

* Peggle/Bagetelle Gameplay -- part skill, part fortune
* NEW Powerbar for those who like a little more skill than luck
* OLD The killer question: 'Just one more ball'? -- pay in points to skip levels or buy balls
* NEW Huge range of new features -- rotating platforms, balloons, bubbles, alien invaders, pac men, mosaic segments
* OLD The best of before -- targets, rubber ducks
* Five new bonus point levels
* 40 levels to clear the endangered animals

How to Play

If you haven't played the original it is pretty simple. The cannon follows the x co-ordinate of the mouse. Hold down R button to speed up the movement across. Hold down L button to charge the power bar (new to Pinball Panda 2). Release L button to launch the ball. The little ball needs to bounce on the animal heads, which clear from the board when both heads of a type are lit up.

Posted Image

Posted Image

40 Levels of bubbles, balloons and moving architecture.

Pinball Panda 2 at YoYo

I would appreciate any and all comments. I have really tried to polish this so that it is fun, and if I am getting it right or wrong I would love to know.

Cheers,

Barry

Edited by barrya3, 26 April 2009 - 12:29 PM.

#2 scoz

scoz

GMC Member

• 464 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 08:33 AM

This is, thus far, a very worthy sequel to PP1. The power bar is a nice addition. I have not finished it yet, but so far I have a few minor (very minor) niggles. Will expand this post later

• Balloons should be behind white text on home screen
  • It would be nice if the typeography was a little less cheesy, same with the graphics. However, I know you've previously said you like this style
  • The child windws are default GM style. You've wisely removed the default GM F1 Game info window, I suggest you change these too
  • When you run out of balls the "2" next to pinball panda is drawn over the red square, meaning it doesn't get tinted

EGE: Yoyo | GMC | Roket | Game Jolt

#3 barrya3

barrya3

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 274 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 11:03 AM

This is, thus far, a very worthy sequel to PP1. The power bar is a nice addition. I have not finished it yet, but so far I have a few minor (very minor) niggles. Will expand this post later

• Balloons should be behind white text on home screen
  • It would be nice if the typeography was a little less cheesy, same with the graphics. However, I know you've previously said you like this style
  • The child windws are default GM style. You've wisely removed the default GM F1 Game info window, I suggest you change these too
  • When you run out of balls the "2" next to pinball panda is drawn over the red square, meaning it doesn't get tinted

And there was me thinking I had finished... I'll get to the list as soon as I can -- minor niggles still niggle. Thanks Scoz :D

[Edit: fixed the depth issues with the '2' and the white text. The child windows for save and exit may take a little longer. :D]

Edited by barrya3, 16 February 2009 - 06:10 PM.

#4 barrya3

barrya3

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 274 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 07:35 AM

I have gone back to give this a final polish and to tighten up the bonus levels. I would really like to hear any thoughts from the community. Thanks for playing.

Best,

Barry

#5 Alert Games

Alert Games

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1119 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:30 AM

not too bad for a little arcade game. kinda boring because theres not too much different between the levels, but there are some enemies and bonus levels which make it alright. background changes would be nice if there arent any. there also doesnt seem to be a set way of playingthe levels. it seems like you just play whatever levels you want and play till you die and get a highscore.

but overall its a pretty cool game.

#6 barrya3

barrya3

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 274 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 03:08 PM

The rest of the game was awesome! I came to like the power bar, and the game of the original game has definately been improved. Loved the new geometry, too. I played til the end without realising how much time had passed.

many thanks! Shame you didn't like the graphics for the aliens, but I am pleased you got to the end -- I sometimes wonder if anyone sees the end of some of my games.

not too bad for a little arcade game. [...] it seems like you just play whatever levels you want and play till you die and get a highscore.

but overall its a pretty cool game.

I am a lttle confused by this, but glad you think it is pretty cool. It is structured in threes, approximately, with a new item or object dropped in to shake things up ever three levels, and then a bonus level every five? I was more worried that there might be too much variety. "it seems like you just play whatever levels you want and play till you die and get a highscore" Ummm -- that sums up an awful lot of games?

#7 barrya3

barrya3

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 274 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 12:31 PM

I have updated this to clear some of the clutter from the bonus levels. I am still looking for feedback, so if you fancy a casual game which is a mix of breakout, bagatelle, pachinko and peggle, please give this a try.

Many thanks,

Barry