#1 chaz13

chaz13

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4214 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 15 February 2009 - 04:31 PM

Posted Image

Gore is now finished. You can find the new thread here: http://gmc.yoyogames...howtopic=421457 Thanks!

Final update! 22nd Feb!

Try to beat my highscore!

Don't be put off uploading your highscore because you have to register- You just have to type a username and password and bam, you've shown us all how good you are :whistle:

Introduction

Gore is a Top Down Arcade shooter game featuring a comprehensive gore and lighting system. Gore is almost complete, I'm just getting some final feedback before submitting it in the TIA gorey game competition. The more people that enter, the better!

Gameplay

In Gore you play as a heavily armed individual who has found himself stranded on a far off planet. Every night a relentless onslaught of aliens attack you, and it is your job to survive and make as much money as possible. During the day you can spend your well-earned cash on upgrading and buying weapons. Each night more and more aliens come, and you'll soon start to notice new scarier aliens appearing and doing their part in making you into mutilation pie!

Controls

WSAD- Movement
Mouse- Aim
Left mouse button- Fire
R- Reload
Scroll wheel or Q and E- Select weapons
Right click- Throw grenades

Screenshots

Mutilation for the nation | Crossbow weilding | Happiness cheat | Buy menu

Cheats

To enter a cheat you simply type it whilst fighting.

minigun -Gives the player a minigun
acidrain -Toggles acid rain
invisible -Spawns 5 slicers
doctor -Full health
riches -$1000's
happy -Happiness mode!
sad -Normal mode
protectme -Toggle forcefield
provider -Toggle infinite ammo
firepower -Gives all weapons fully upgraded

Download

YoYoGames Instant play
Host-a

New features

New features are bold, older features aren't.

-Story mode
-Survival mode
-Online highscores
-New aliens
-4 bosses
-Some new graphics
-5 different backgrounds
-New ambient sounds
-Player dies gore-ily
-Weapon balancing
-Various other things

-Headshots on slicer
-Many new ambient sounds
-Full screen
-Grenades! Just right click!
-A few tweaks and bug fixes
-.ogg sounds means a smaller file size
-Fixed explosion lighting glitch
-Made a few small modifications to make the game more balanced
-Speeded up movement
-Non-existant surface
-Add wind sounds
-Add better muzzle flashes
-Add screenshake when firing
-Health and speed upgrades

Support

If you like this game, please put the Gore support banner in your signature!

Posted Image

[url="http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=421457"][IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/707xiq.png[/IMG][/url]

Final notes

I would really love to do well in this competition- But I can't without your help. If you do play the game, I would really appreciate it if you could make a quick reply detailing any bugs or glitches you found, and any improvements you think I should make. You input really does help, especially at such a vital stage in the production.

Thanks,
Chaz

Edited by chaz13, 25 February 2009 - 09:21 PM.

#2 jarcon

jarcon

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 976 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 04:50 PM

That was AWESOME! Nothing like a good old zombie game on a Sunday. :whistle:
But, yeah. I'm on a laptop, and it was really hard to play. I got to day 9, and couldn't get past it. But it was really, really fun. The graphics were totally nifty, and the sounds were also good. No need for music; Just the chilling sight and struggle of hordes of zombie creatures groveling on my brains was good enough. The gameplay kept me going for a long time; I tried day 9 like 20 times before giving up. On the verge of addicting, if it isn't!
My only complaint was that when the new night started, the image of where you were the last night flashed; I have no idea how you could fix that, but I'm sure you can figure it out.
My only suggestion is maybe some chilly, spooky breeze sounds playing every once in a while to help the mood, and maybe an effect to go with it.

#3 chaz13

chaz13

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4214 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 04:54 PM

Thanks alot for your reply- That's just the sort of thing I was looking for!

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I haven't seen the flashing image bug, so maybe I'm either not observant enough or it only occurs on some computers. Either way, I'll root through the code and find a fix.

To make it easier to play in general, I'm going to add more options reguarding weapons changing. I shall make it so the mouse weel and Q+E scroll through the weapons, so you don't have to stretch to use your RPG when faced by a million tics :whistle:

Also, if you didn't see, there are quite a few cheats listed in the main post- And most of them are great fun!

#4 jarcon

jarcon

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 976 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 04:58 PM

I didn't notice those cheats! I'll make sure to try it out with them... But where do I enter the cheats? Is there a key I have to press?

#5 chaz13

chaz13

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4214 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 05:04 PM

You just type them in whilst you're fighting.

#6 ydawg314

ydawg314

GMC Member

• 901 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 05:25 PM

I just played this and it was really cool up until the surfaces stopped working and I got infinite errors. Thats why I am so afraid of working with them.

Other than that I though the game was really well done. You should try and get some better effects for gun shots though. That was the only thing that bugged me about this game. Make the bullets look better by added an alpha thingy to them.

Edited by ydawg314, 15 February 2009 - 05:26 PM.

Check out my newest game Redesigned from scratch!
Posted Image
Download Mobile Suit Grunt Wars.zip W.I.P 7-26
TEST YOUR MECH PILOTING SKILLS!!!
Spoiler

#7 masterofhisowndomain

masterofhisowndomain

The Designer

• GMC Member
  • 3650 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 15 February 2009 - 05:26 PM

Great so far, but I encountered an error;

for object obj_surface:

Trying to use non-existing surface.

List Of Mods And Add-Ons

(Things you must try, for the games you already have)

Insightful links:
Higher Order Fun -- Game Design, Maths.
The Missing Concept -- Career/Hobby?
Neither Career Nor Hobby -- Career/Hobby?
Wario Land 4 Project -- Platformer design.

#8 chaz13

chaz13

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4214 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 05:27 PM

Thanks for your replies- Can you tell me where these errors occured? I'll try to fix them ASAP.

I shall make sure I add better muzzle flashes.

Edited by chaz13, 15 February 2009 - 05:27 PM.

#9 masterofhisowndomain

masterofhisowndomain

The Designer

• GMC Member
  • 3650 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 15 February 2009 - 05:35 PM

Thanks for your replies- Can you tell me where these errors occured? I'll try to fix them ASAP.

It always seems to occur after the second or third level for me, whilst fighting. :whistle:

List Of Mods And Add-Ons

(Things you must try, for the games you already have)

Insightful links:
Higher Order Fun -- Game Design, Maths.
The Missing Concept -- Career/Hobby?
Neither Career Nor Hobby -- Career/Hobby?
Wario Land 4 Project -- Platformer design.

#10 chaz13

chaz13

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4214 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 05:42 PM

I'm getting right on fixing that.

#11 ninjutsu63

ninjutsu63

GMC Member

• 1128 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 06:40 PM

Cool. My biggest problem was that you could walk outside of the room, which looked rather unprofessional.

Overall, I also felt like it could have used a little more variety. Like, after a while you get to go to some different locations (like a town, or a forest), or if you could buy some other things (like health upgrades, grenades).

Still, very nice job. I hope you do well in the competition!
The Entropy Movement

Agent-Third Person Shooter -"Wow! That was the best 3d TPS I've ever played on GM!"

#12 chaz13

chaz13

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4214 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 06:51 PM

Ah, I forget that since adding a view you could go offscreen- That'll be fixed very soon (I'm just getting a wind sound then I'll upload the update). I do agree about the variety, and I was considering things such as health upgrades and such.

Do you think have tabs on the buy menu for different things (health/armour, weapons) Would be a good idea, or should I just squeeze a few extra bits onto the menu?

#13 ydawg314

ydawg314

GMC Member

• 901 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 06:54 PM

Ah, I forget that since adding a view you could go offscreen- That'll be fixed very soon (I'm just getting a wind sound then I'll upload the update). I do agree about the variety, and I was considering things such as health upgrades and such.

Do you think have tabs on the buy menu for different things (health/armour, weapons) Would be a good idea, or should I just squeeze a few extra bits onto the menu?

go with taps
Posted Image
Spoiler

#14 chaz13

chaz13

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4214 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 07:15 PM

The only problem with tabs is that they obscure the fact there is more to die, and I'm trying to keep this game as simple and as playable as possible. The three upgrades I'm considering are Speed, Health and one more, but I'm not sure what.

#15 cool_manga_boy

cool_manga_boy

GMC Member

• 87 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 07:25 PM

I got the surface error after I hit escape to leave the game.

I really enjoyed this, the pace was nice and gradual. I thought that there should be a TINY bit of shake when you fire some of the bigger guns, like the shotgun. It might make the game seem more intense.

I thought it was kind of strange that you would always start in the top left corner of the room. The center seems to make more sense, but I suppose you could get swarmed easier if you start there. I'm not sure if those spinning things are really fair; I never seem to have enough time to kill them.

I still really like this game though. Maybe it could be even more haunting if you made the surface MUCH darker, forcing the player to look around with their light more. :whistle:
!NEW! [ Thunder Gun ]

[ Visit ] - [ VISIT 2 ] - [ Wave Shock ] - [ Mind Shock ] - [ I.C.E. ] - [ Enigma ] - [ Descent ]

Myspace: Rotten Taters [Ted] | FaceBook: Ted Lauterbach

#16 TD Games

TD Games

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1304 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 15 February 2009 - 07:26 PM

This is a great game, I played it last night and believe me it was intense! The game has a great chance of a place in the T.I.A compo!

Only 1 thing you could add:

Maybe some upgrades and things, or maybe a mode where you can fight with a team mate (on the same PC).

Good job, well done!

#17 chaz13

chaz13

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4214 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 07:35 PM

I got the surface error after I hit escape to leave the game.

I really enjoyed this, the pace was nice and gradual. I thought that there should be a TINY bit of shake when you fire some of the bigger guns, like the shotgun. It might make the game seem more intense.

I thought it was kind of strange that you would always start in the top left corner of the room. The center seems to make more sense, but I suppose you could get swarmed easier if you start there. I'm not sure if those spinning things are really fair; I never seem to have enough time to kill them.

I still really like this game though. Maybe it could be even more haunting if you made the surface MUCH darker, forcing the player to look around with their light more. :whistle:

Thanks for your reply! I have fixed the surface error, and I'm just adding a few bits and bobs before updating it. I shall add a little shake when some bigger weapons are fired- That's a great idea. I considered the top left corner thing too; I just never got round to changing it :) As for the spinning things, they don't actually do that damage. I have been debating about them though, so I'll slow them down a bit. I tried it out having it near pitch black once, but it made the game too hard. I quite like the light the way it is.

This is a great game, I played it last night and believe me it was intense! The game has a great chance of a place in the T.I.A compo!

Only 1 thing you could add:

Maybe some upgrades and things, or maybe a mode where you can fight with a team mate (on the same PC).

Good job, well done!

Thanks for you reply. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I have considered a 2 player mode, but I was unsure of how to go about controls for the second player. If you have any ideas on this, I'd be glad to attempt to add them.

#18 FireWire Games

FireWire Games

GMC Member

• 1548 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 07:54 PM

That was fantastic :whistle: Great job on it. I really liked the ability to blow the arms off the aliens. That was cool. You should expand that to the other aliens, though, so it's kinda like Dead Space in the aspect that you can dismember the aliens. Seriously though, fantastic job. I hope you win!

Regards,
FireWire Games

#19 jarcon

jarcon

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 976 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 07:57 PM

I just thought of some more suggestions:

-When you're in the buying menu, I noticed it was still dark and raining; Change that to sunny maybe..?
-Moonlight. Another effect. At night, maybe some slowly passing moonlight shining on the ground(dimly)?

#20 ydawg314

ydawg314

GMC Member

• 901 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 08:12 PM

-When you're in the buying menu, I noticed it was still dark and raining; Change that to sunny maybe..?
-Moonlight. Another effect. At night, maybe some slowly passing moonlight shining on the ground(dimly)?

changing to sunny would completely kill the vibe. Why not show the flash light on the menu to look like your looking in a store/tool shed in the night
Posted Image
Spoiler

#21 chaz13

chaz13

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4214 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 08:40 PM

That was fantastic :) Great job on it. I really liked the ability to blow the arms off the aliens. That was cool. You should expand that to the other aliens, though, so it's kinda like Dead Space in the aspect that you can dismember the aliens. Seriously though, fantastic job. I hope you win!

Regards,
FireWire Games

Thanks for the reply :) I like the limb-blowing-off too, and I would like to add it to more enemies. I just can't think what bits should be blown off what enemies :) Any ideas?I hope I win too :whistle:

As ydawg said, I think it should stay dark and rainy. Moonlight would be nice, but I'm still trying to get my head around how it would look.

changing to sunny would completely kill the vibe. Why not show the flash light on the menu to look like your looking in a store/tool shed in the night

Hmm, this is an interesting idea that would make the buy menu make a lot more sense, but I would prefer playability to realism, and including a light in the buy menu unfortunately comes under catagory 2.

I have just released a new update with all the bugs fixed, and a few new additions. These are:

-A wind howling sound
-Upgrading health
-Upgrading speed
-A few minor sprite glitches
-Fixed being able to move off screen
-Fixed the notorious surface bug

Edited by chaz13, 15 February 2009 - 08:41 PM.

#22 jarcon

jarcon

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 976 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 08:45 PM

You're right.. I didn't think about it like that. Silly me. :D

#23 ninjutsu63

ninjutsu63

GMC Member

• 1128 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 09:55 PM

That was quick :D
It's quite a bit better now. I got to around night 11 or 12 before resorting to cheats. If there any limit to the game? I got to night 20 before I quit.

I was also thinking, maybe you could have the blood from previous nights still visible on the next nights, but it slowly fades away.

Edited by ninjutsu63, 15 February 2009 - 09:57 PM.

The Entropy Movement

Agent-Third Person Shooter -"Wow! That was the best 3d TPS I've ever played on GM!"

#24 chaz13

chaz13

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4214 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 11:19 PM

Yeah, it was quick :D

I was considering having the blood from previous nights stay, maybe I can alpha it so it looks like the blood isn't fresh and it's sort of staining the earth. I'll try it out and see how it looks. There is no limit, but at a certian point (around 25 I think) It will stop increasing in difficulty.

Edited by chaz13, 15 February 2009 - 11:21 PM.

#25 FireWire Games

FireWire Games

GMC Member

• 1548 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 12:37 AM

Any ideas?

Not many that would be easy to implement :D

1. Shooting chunks of the green blobbish alien off (same with the screen-seizure horned alien)
2. Shooting the legs off the humanoid alien (so he has to crawl, woot!)
3. Blowing the head off the humanoid alien (would decrease difficulty in the tougher nights, especially when backed into a corner)

#26 chaz13

chaz13

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4214 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 12:40 AM

I may aswell add some of those in :D

For the green slug enemy, I could make it so you can blow it's back end off. I could add headshots on the slicers (the invisible ones). I'm sure I could think of some more things too.

EDIT: On second thoughts, destroying the back end of the slug would make my pretty movement animation hell to get right.

Edited by chaz13, 16 February 2009 - 12:42 AM.

#27 cool_manga_boy

cool_manga_boy

GMC Member

• 87 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 03:19 AM

I was also thinking, maybe you could have the blood from previous nights still visible on the next nights, but it slowly fades away.

You could get away with having them stay for a long time instead of fading away; you can use surfaces to record screenshots of the ground after each night, and update the sprite. I've done something like this before, except zombies piling up in the background. :D
!NEW! [ Thunder Gun ]

[ Visit ] - [ VISIT 2 ] - [ Wave Shock ] - [ Mind Shock ] - [ I.C.E. ] - [ Enigma ] - [ Descent ]

Myspace: Rotten Taters [Ted] | FaceBook: Ted Lauterbach

#28 Titanium

Titanium

the perfectionist

• GMC Member
  • 1166 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 03:37 AM

Very enjoyable however. It would be a lot better if it were first-person. Nothing says fear like not knowing what's behind you. Trust me there. Only qualm about the game overall though was that there weren't any grenades. Those would've been really useful.
ljrk.png
Please Play My Games.

#29 Indecom4000

Indecom4000

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1636 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 16 February 2009 - 03:43 AM

That was pretty good really, i like the screen shaking, really added to the atmosphere. The on gripe i have about it is that they guy walks like a slug, who without a gimped leg walks that slowly? lol Also, i'd like to play in fullscreen, so you should totally let us have that option.

Do that and you'll have a really good game on your hands.

LD-Logo-sml.png

#30 chaz13

chaz13

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4214 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 09:47 AM

Very enjoyable however. It would be a lot better if it were first-person. Nothing says fear like not knowing what's behind you. Trust me there. Only qualm about the game overall though was that there weren't any grenades. Those would've been really useful.

Thanks for your reply, but first person isn't gonna happen :D Still, I'll go ahead and add grenades.

That was pretty good really, i like the screen shaking, really added to the atmosphere. The on gripe i have about it is that they guy walks like a slug, who without a gimped leg walks that slowly? lol Also, i'd like to play in fullscreen, so you should totally let us have that option.

Do that and you'll have a really good game on your hands.

He walks slowly for starters, but when you fully upgrade his speed he's like lightnin'. I would go with a fullscreen option, but I've never been sure how to do it without a) Having a black area around the game or b ) Hideously resizing everything. Anyone fancy helping me out with that?

Edited by chaz13, 16 February 2009 - 09:47 AM.

#31 Gamer-Alex

Gamer-Alex

GMC Member

• 135 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 10:16 AM

Hey, could you, y'know, try and fix my game too?

The only problem I can find with this game is the character moves really slowly, othewise it's fun!

#32 chaz13

chaz13

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4214 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 10:22 AM

Thanks for your reply; as I said in my last post, try upgrading the characters speed. I will however increase his speed slightly in the next version, because it seems to be a recurring problem.

Edited by chaz13, 16 February 2009 - 10:23 AM.

#33 Indecom4000

Indecom4000

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1636 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 10:35 AM

yes, in game options toggle let player switch to full screen, and keep aspect ratio, as long as your game is set to something like 640*480 or 800*600 then it will fit most peoples monitors fine without a black border frame.

LD-Logo-sml.png

#34 chaz13

chaz13

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4214 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 10:38 AM

Thanks for the info, I'll give it a go. I'm currently sourging the internet for scary noises to add in for background ambience :D If I was to upload a zip containing a sound dll and the .exe to Yoyogames, would instant play work?

EDIT: Just checked it out. It doens't look so great on my wide screen monitor, but it would work with a normal monitor perfectly. Consider it added!

Edited by chaz13, 16 February 2009 - 10:40 AM.

#35 Indecom4000

Indecom4000

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1636 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 10:42 AM

Awesome. one thing you might consider is actually making it adjustable to the screens aspect ratio. so if you have a wide monitor, the view in game gets wider to fit if it were scaled up, so you dont have to worry about that.

LD-Logo-sml.png

#36 chaz13

chaz13

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4214 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 10:54 AM

I was considering that, but making the views wider then means I'll have to make the rooms wider, because I don't want everything looking stretched. I think I'll just leave it as-is for now. Do you know whether dll's work in zip's when using instant play?

#37 Indecom4000

Indecom4000

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1636 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 10:57 AM

I think that they do, from what i've heard and seen.

one thing you can do instead of making view wider, is to squish them, decrease their height until they match the monitors aspect.

LD-Logo-sml.png

#38 chaz13

chaz13

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4214 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 11:02 AM

Hmm. I'm still not sure about the whole full-screen thing yet (4 years of GM and never using full screen... tut tut) so I'll have the basic full screen in the next version then maybe you could give me some tips after that :D

I'm just tweaking a few bits and getting all the new sounds ready, then I'll release it, probably within the hour.

#39 chaz13

chaz13

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4214 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 12:43 PM

New update- February 16th

The new features include:

-Headshots on slicer
-Many new ambient sounds
-Full screen
-Grenades! Just right click!
-A few tweaks and bug fixes
-.ogg sounds means a smaller file size
-Fixed explosion lighting glitch
-Made a few small modifications to make the game more balanced
-Speeded up movement

Unfortunately YoYoGames have decided to make the game download only, for some strange reason. A previous game of mine utilised files and dll's outside of the .exe file, and this worked with instant play. Can anyone shed light on this issue?

Nevermind, I guess I was being impatient.

Edited by chaz13, 16 February 2009 - 01:09 PM.

#40 ninjutsu63

ninjutsu63

GMC Member

• 1128 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 02:28 PM

Strangely enough, it started on night 11 for me, which made it rather hard to complete because I only had a measly pistol. I hope that wasn't one of the modifications to make the game more balanced :D
I was using Instant Play, if that helps.
The Entropy Movement

#41 chaz13

chaz13

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4214 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 02:37 PM

Yeah, I just realised that. I have finished uploading the proper version that start on night 1. Sorry about that!

Edited by chaz13, 16 February 2009 - 02:37 PM.

#42 ninjutsu63

ninjutsu63

GMC Member

• 1128 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 03:10 PM

Cool.
I like how grenades attract aliens. Perhaps you should include an option to buy/upgrade grenades?
Oh, and I also realized the laser never stops, even when the bar gets down to zero.

Edited by ninjutsu63, 16 February 2009 - 03:11 PM.

The Entropy Movement

#43 chaz13

chaz13

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4214 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 03:19 PM

I will at some point add buying grenades (probably very soon) But I wasn't sure where I could stick them in. I'm sure I'll find somewhere. The laser never stopping isn't a bug, because when it gets down to the minimum it's at 1/4 damage.

In the next version I am having some new backgrounds. So far I have grass, dirt and asphalt. Hopefully I'll find some other nice ones to stick in!

EDIT: I just had a new idea. I'm considering making it so that you get rescued in twenty days, and so you have to survive up to and through night 20. At the end of night twenty, you win. I can then also have a survival mode, where waves and waves keep coming and coming and you can try to survive for as long as possible. How does this sound?

Edited by chaz13, 16 February 2009 - 03:38 PM.

#44 orcywoo6

orcywoo6

GMC Member

• Validating
  • 82 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 04:17 PM

Really cool! i played it and loved it :D

#45 chaz13

chaz13

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4214 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 10:30 PM

I've already added a storyline and short cutscene- It's coming along great.

#46 ydawg314

ydawg314

GMC Member

• 901 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 12:24 AM

I've already added a storyline and short cutscene- It's coming along great.

im just saying... this might even be the wrong place to tell you but.... You sig is probably too big and you might get yelled at by the mods
Posted Image
Spoiler

#47 chaz13

chaz13

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4214 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 12:30 AM

Nope, it's under 150 pixels. I had it removed yesterday, so I made sure of that.

#48 XpressO

XpressO

GMC Member

• 184 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 03:19 AM

This is a really great game! If it ever gets old or anything. I would LOVE to see it in a GMK so I can learn from it. This looks really good. When beginning the game, there is a bug in the surfaces, it is all deformed, but it then fixes right away.

#49 FireWire Games

FireWire Games

GMC Member

• 1548 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 03:52 AM

I found a glitch. When I started out in Week 13 I bought the laser (I had $765). I kept dieing after that (still can't seem to beat it :(), and every time it would start the day over I would have $765. I was able to get my laser and shotgun full before it stopped XD

#50 chaz13

chaz13

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4214 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 10:48 AM

This is a really great game! If it ever gets old or anything. I would LOVE to see it in a GMK so I can learn from it. This looks really good. When beginning the game, there is a bug in the surfaces, it is all deformed, but it then fixes right away.

Thanks for the reply!

I'd be happy to release this as open source, but only after the competition ends and is judged; Tell you what, if 5 people have the support banner in their signature I'll release the source ;)

I found a glitch. When I started out in Week 13 I bought the laser (I had $765). I kept dieing after that (still can't seem to beat it :P), and every time it would start the day over I would have $765. I was able to get my laser and shotgun full before it stopped XD

Thanks for the reply! (And I like the content of your signature)

I thought that was a glitch before, but it's very illusive. I would not be paying attention when buying weapons, I'd go to the battle and die, and come back with quite some money. then I'd purposely die again to test it and it would work ;) Thanks for confirming this, I'll get right on fixing it.

You guys are in for a treat when you see the story mode, cutscene and everything :P

Edited by chaz13, 17 February 2009 - 10:49 AM.