Last Update Jan 23 2009 (V2 is out!)
sandbox.yoyogames.com/games/67971 4 MB
Download at bottom right, as usual.
This terrain modeller allows you to quickly create and use terrain files in your games. Everything is included. It is dedicates to terrain ONLY and height map ONLY, no trees, no clowds, just terrain height map, models and textures
- Allows to create a map made of tiles which eventually will be save as GM d3d models.
- Using a pen type system, you can make your terrain using the supplied morph pens or you can add your own to the pen folder
- Allows painting your textures right in the modeler, using the same pens
- Allows painting your textures using an external image editor
- Saves as a single file (using GMBinFile.dll, not required in your game) (Fast Load)
- Export to a GM natively supportable multi file system (Fast Load)
- 100 Undo/Redo
- Edit and paint in both fly mode and walk mode
- 2 terrain model supported; 2 triangle or a finer 4 triangle cell system
- Terrain smoothing (Entire terrain)
- Models are Light Maped Generated (simple cross product)
- GMMModelEx.dll Now Used for perfect light mapping (Not required in your game)
- Smooth terrain using pen
- Shows the drawing pen in texture draw mode
- Sample terrain file (test.gmmt) included. Took me 5 minutes to make
- Comes with engine (merge file) for your game
- Supports quickly loading the height map, the models and the textures using GM's native file system and multiple files
- Supports loading the height map, models and textures from a single file, the original Modeler File, using gmBinFile.dll (Not required by your game if you use the GM native format)
- Scripts to load the map, create the tiles, the models and the textures
- Scripts to calculate the height map smoothly and even provide the cross product of the triangle you are standing on so you can glide down off the mointain if the slope it too steep
- Sample terrain tile object to manage the drawing (optimisation excluded)
- Sample and simple object that walks arround to help you understand the various loading and movement methods
- Sample balls that glide and bounce on the map
- Everything is kept simple so not to confuse you with a ton of optimisation and hidden functionality...
Version 2 Patch See Edit
On room start
f = ""
read_map_binfile(get_open_filename("GMModelTerrain Files (*.gmmt)|*.gmmt", f));
//read_map(get_open_filename("Heightmap Files (*.hm)|*.hm", f));
in step event
testz = get_z(x,y,100000,-1)
z = testz+5;
The rest is up to you, the movement, the camera system, the individual 3d objects, that is all left to you. I kept it simple on purpose to have as little clutter as possible between your game, the files and the engines. Optimisation (draw when not in view) is up to you as well. I did not want to conflict with whatever method you may be using.
Edited by icuurd12b42, 26 November 2013 - 01:37 PM.