360 Degree Movement And 360 Degree Sprite Rotation

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Pichuscute^-^

Pichuscute^-^

GMC Member

• 327 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 05:40 AM

There were a bunch of examples for 360 degree movement(like in overhead racing games) and 360 sprite rotation last year, right before I stopped using Game Maker. I lost them because my Computer had to be reformtted so I need them back, but I can't find them. I just need examples so I can observe how they are made myself. BTW, I don't have registered version (anymore >.>).

#2 fatgecko

fatgecko

GMC Member

• 249 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 05:44 AM

There were a bunch of examples for 360 degree movement(like in overhead racing games) and 360 sprite rotation last year, right before I stopped using Game Maker. I lost them because my Computer had to be reformtted so I need them back, but I can't find them. I just need examples so I can observe how they are made myself. BTW, I don't have registered version (anymore >.>).

well you mean random 360 movement or in like a circle?

EDIT: to do random 360 movement put the Move Free d&d and set it to 'random(360)' then put your speed

Edited by fatgecko, 14 December 2008 - 05:56 AM.

#3 flexaplex

flexaplex

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 4814 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 14 December 2008 - 06:00 AM

Is this not in the asteroids example??

#4 Pichuscute^-^

Pichuscute^-^

GMC Member

• 327 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 03:15 AM

Yes, it is I think. I don't have Pro version =(, though, so I can't check to see if it's what I want. But I do have the rotating sprites thing now =P, I feel stupid. Does anyone have an example for the 360 movement like in those overhead racing games, though?
EDIT: nevermind the rotating graphics is pro only, too, as far as I could tell

Edited by Pichuscute^-^, 15 December 2008 - 03:25 AM.

#5 kupiakos

kupiakos

Ninjas beat pirates

• 369 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 04:22 AM

If you want rotating sprites in lite version, have an animation of your sprite being rotated with a frame number that is a factor of 360(using the animations drop down menu in the sprite editor). Then set the image_speed to 0 and the image_index to whatever subimage represents that direction, like if you're facing left and the sprite is right on the first subimage, and it's 90 images long, you would do image_index=facing_direction/4.

#6 epicCreations

epicCreations

Cool As Ace

• 1241 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 04:24 AM

This is highly unethical and doesn't work with animated graphics. Get Pro or don't attempt this. That's my point of view on the subject.

#7 oddysee

oddysee

GMC Member

• 25 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 04:36 AM

Fear not!

create a sprite to use(1 frame only). Open the animation menu int the sprite editor and select rotation sequence. Select counter clockwise. Set it to 360 degrees, 45 frames.

In the key press left event for your character, add :GM072: (Variable: image_index, Value: +__(experiment) relative+true).

And for the right :GM072: (Variable: image_index, Value: -__,relative=true)

Key press up [codebox]direction=image_index*8;
speed=___.[/codebox]

I got most of this from the Game Makers Apprentice.

Hope this helps!

#8 Pichuscute^-^

Pichuscute^-^

GMC Member

• 327 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 09:13 PM

This is highly unethical and doesn't work with animated graphics. Get Pro or don't attempt this. That's my point of view on the subject.

I had it and then lost it when my computer reformatted and the recovery code for it(since I lost the code too) wouldn't work. -.- I'm not wasting more money on this either cause it'll just happen again.
And I got the rotation to work, I just need the movement now. Thanks odysee snd everyone else.

Edited by Pichuscute^-^, 15 December 2008 - 09:27 PM.

#9 Pichuscute^-^

Pichuscute^-^

GMC Member

• 327 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 04:38 AM

Awwww, c`mon guys. This was the reason I quit using this program last time, just because of the lack of help from this community (which is quite large). Though, I have gotten help for part of this, I have no clue how to do the other.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users