• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Sajttam

Sajttam

GMC Member

• 32 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 05:43 PM

• Title: RPG Battle engine
  • Description: This is a RPG maker battle engine made for other programmers learning and for those who would want this engine in their games, thought then credit is very much needed. The engine includes, items and skills that can be used in many different ways, enemies, classes, a menu, random encounter battles and a standard RPG movement system.
  • GM Version: GM 7
  • File Type: .gmk
  • File Size: 1.63 MB
  • File Link: Anubis Battle Engine (Lite), Anubis Battle Engine (Pro).

Additional Info
New version! Januari 2010
I have uploaded a completely new RPG battle engine it's programmed from scratch and is a lot better then its older brother. You now have two choices either you download the old lite version the requires no pro game maker or you download the new extremely improved pro version.

Pro version vs Light Version!
I would strongly advise the use of the pro version, it's pretty much the 2.0 version of the light version and even thought they share some graphics in common they are completely differently programmed. So even thought you are planing on downloading and use the light version I suggest that you download the pro version as well. So that you check out how that one is programmed for the best learning experience.

The pro version isn't complete and lacks some futures that I'm planing on adding to it.

- Enemies can't use items and skills.
- No info boxes are shown when using items in battle.
- If you don't have a full party the game will crash.*
- When having a character with over 1000 hp the numbers are written under the battle bar.
- Skills aren't learnt by levelling,

* There is a fully working party system in the lite version.

Full RPG Engine
I'm working on a full RPG engine I have come quite a far way and I hope to be able to show how it works soon. It will be really cool :D. I wont release the source until I have made a game with it thought except the battle engine. Well hopefully that engine will increase the number of RPGs that are made with Game Maker :p. if you want to help you can always PM me, I don't check this forum to often but I will notice.

Posted Image
Picture from the lite version.

Keys
Enter = Accept
Backspace = Undo
Arrow keys = Move around or select something
ctrl = Brings up the menu in version 0.7
P = Party select menu

Edited by Sajttam, 07 January 2010 - 03:19 AM.

#2 daman123125

daman123125

AZN Game Programmer

• GMC Member
  • 1956 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 13 December 2008 - 04:27 AM

Looks pretty nice. Some glitches but thats OK. I have never seen any1 else make an RPG example.

#3 freestyle

freestyle

GMC Member

• 174 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 12:50 PM

awesome :)

very similar to final fantasy 4. keep it up (Y)

#4 zape

zape

GMC Member

• 13 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 03:04 PM

awsome time based engine. havent ever seen one of these. would help if there where animations but thats just me 4/5 :)

Edited by zape, 13 December 2008 - 03:04 PM.

#5 mrperson

mrperson

GMC Member

• 513 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 03:45 PM

Sounds awesome! Downloading now.

#6 miki100

miki100

GMC Member

• 13 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 06:10 PM

Sorry for necropost, but thanks dude, it's the best battle system for GM! It helped me much! THANKS!!! :D :D

#7 Cardboard Box

Cardboard Box

GMC Member

• 1 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 12:00 AM

3/5

Very buggy at times, you can hit yourself, and the look is not so pretty. Although, it's decent.

#8 rocktatic

rocktatic

GMC Member

• 19 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 11:31 PM

I am downloading this and going to put it through it's paces, I'll let you know how it turns out.

#9 rocktatic

rocktatic

GMC Member

• 19 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 12:23 AM

hmmm, i am having troubles integrating this or even customizing this... i left everything alone except for the how the player moves, and now the battler will not come up at all.... (changed from keyboard movement to mouse movement)

also, i tried transplanting the hero into a new room with the same dimensions and i keep getting a boat load of errors, other than that, it's a great little engine, i'd love to be able to use this, but i don't think i can quite figure out how to implement it...

creating new items, characters, and changing the skills and everything is very easy to do though.

#10 rocktatic

rocktatic

GMC Member

• 19 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 05:14 PM

Well i figured it out and got it working in my game, many thanks for this, I'll be altering a lot of the code as needed, but it provides a solid base of what i wanted... i'll credit it you for sure.

#11 Sajttam

Sajttam

GMC Member

• 32 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 11:20 AM

Well i figured it out and got it working in my game, many thanks for this, I'll be altering a lot of the code as needed, but it provides a solid base of what i wanted... i'll credit it you for sure.

Glad you got I working and I'm sorry for not responding sooner.

Anyway I have now released version 0.7 of this engine. I hope it's to your satisfaction.

#12 crazy_games

crazy_games

GMC Member

• 70 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 05:54 PM

Awsome!Just like RPG maker VX

#13 miki100

miki100

GMC Member

• 13 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 06:20 PM

Thanks for the update, but I can't solve one thing [in previous version it is, too]: When i have a lot of items or magic, they aren't drawn[their names when I want select them] in battle, because there isn't any place left. And one more thing: is it possible to make it that if I have for example 99 Potions, their name is drawn only once- like"Potion X 99" (Like in Final Fantasy games)?? Will it be in the next version, or You stopped working on it?
But, anyway this update rocks!(Finally Classes system!)

I hope that you will help solve my problem.
PS Sorry for my bad English ^_^

#14 Sajttam

Sajttam

GMC Member

• 32 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 07:15 PM

Thanks for the update, but I can't solve one thing [in previous version it is, too]: When i have a lot of items or magic, they aren't drawn[their names when I want select them] in battle, because there isn't any place left. And one more thing: is it possible to make it that if I have for example 99 Potions, their name is drawn only once- like"Potion X 99" (Like in Final Fantasy games)?? Will it be in the next version, or You stopped working on it?
But, anyway this update rocks!(Finally Classes system!)

I hope that you will help solve my problem.
PS Sorry for my bad English ^_^

Nah, I'm still working on it. After all it's quite far from done. Next version will be 0.71 and is just a lite version of 0.7. But yeah I will probably add the function you asked for in version 0.8. Thanks for liking my engine :D

#15 zezimaimp

zezimaimp

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 552 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 08:10 PM

WTF did you use naked ppl for tho?

#16 Sajttam

Sajttam

GMC Member

• 32 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 09:15 PM

WTF did you use naked ppl for tho?

More fun that way... nah they are not really naked they just don't have any cloths... anyway they are good basic sprites that are easy to paint cloths on for those who feel like using them in their game ^^

#17 Kalex91

Kalex91

GMC Member

• 355 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 09:58 PM

I cant wait for the lite version. :P
I like the sprites for the trees and paths and stuff, is it ok if i use them in my game if i give you credit, oh and my game might become comercial.

Edit: Please PM me the answer

Edited by Kalex91, 20 February 2009 - 10:46 PM.

#18 miki100

miki100

GMC Member

• 13 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 08:49 AM

I found a bug in version 0.7! :D
If you want use magic and you have less Mp than needed and press Enter, you cannot do any turns anymore...But enemies will attack you.You can't press backspace to go back, too.
You can reproduce this bug in the example by using 2 times Frost (Magnus) and then try to use it third time.
But I found a solution! :P Simply place this:
if (cd_mp[current_turn]<skill[global.skill_list[char_class[current_turn], h_option],5]-1){break;}
above
if (cd_mp[current_turn]>skill[global.skill_list[char_class[current_turn], h_option],5]-1){
in "Press Enter" event (Section "Option SKILL") in obj_battler!
Enjoy! B)

#19 Sajttam

Sajttam

GMC Member

• 32 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 01:10 PM

Thanks I didn't know about that bug ^^

Edited by Sajttam, 21 February 2009 - 01:12 PM.

#20 doekoeb

doekoeb

GMC Member

• 23 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 01:47 PM

i really want to see how you made a engine for battles

#21 irational

irational

GMC Member

• 2 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 09:48 PM

PRG Battle 0.6 zip file - > Broken Link

#22 Sajttam

Sajttam

GMC Member

• 32 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 11:27 PM

i really want to see how you made a engine for battles

Hmh, have you got it working... was kind of a long time you wrote that. I should be around more...

Anyway I released a new version of this example... I hope you find good use of it.

#23 reigalius

reigalius

Generally Awesome

• 1170 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 07:45 PM

This is a lot like RMXP (RPG Maker XP). You even use "actors" which I've never heard except for in RMXP/RMVX.

#24 Sajttam

Sajttam

GMC Member

• 32 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 02:28 PM

Fixed the dead link so the example is up for download again.

#25 wolfrider219

wolfrider219

GMC Member

• 118 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 08:48 AM

sounds good.
but... whats with the naked ppl?
also, i cant use it, as i dont got pro =[

#26 gamer360

gamer360

GMC Member

• 23 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 11:30 PM

I like it! I love it! I love the graphics! I love the feel of it!
:)

#27 Sajttam

Sajttam

GMC Member

• 32 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 08:56 PM

sounds good.
but... whats with the naked ppl?
also, i cant use it, as i dont got pro =[

Well, you can you can use it now , it no pro friendly now. Hope you like it when you try it.

I like it! I love it! I love the graphics! I love the feel of it!
:P

Glad you liked it ^^, still I'm working on a totally new version that will be much better programmed.

#28 Titanium

Titanium

the perfectionist

• GMC Member
  • 1129 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 01:22 AM

This is really good. I really like how everything is organized and how easily it can be expanded upon. You've got your system mathematics down flat, and it's not hard to use at all. It really feels like RPG Maker.

The only downfall is that there are some glitches in the HUD, and you didn't use alpha blending for your effects.

4/5

#29 unknowngmlnoob

unknowngmlnoob

GMC Member

• 26 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 09:37 AM

this is absolutely the best rpg battle engine - one of the reasons i upgraded to pro was to use the pro version in my game
thanx for such an ownage engine and keep up the good work!!! :P

#30 Marcos_del_Bauer

Marcos_del_Bauer

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 44 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 08 August 2009 - 07:33 PM

It's a pretty good engine. I applaud you for making a rpg engine. That is very hard to do. This will definately help those who want to make a rpg.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users