Photo
- - - - -

Gearshift Car Physics Engine-new Unreg Version!

• Please log in to reply
200 replies to this topic

#181 magma24

magma24

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 427 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 10:13 AM

Hey for the unregestired version how do I change the left and right steering to make it better?

#182 chaz13

chaz13

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4212 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 30 August 2009 - 11:10 AM

Define "make it better".

#183 magma24

magma24

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 427 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 01:32 PM

Define "make it better".

Increasing the speed which the car turns

#184 chaz13

chaz13

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4212 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 01:55 PM

Alright, you can increase the second to last argument "turn speed" in the physics_ini_ext script

#185 magma24

magma24

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 427 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 02:05 PM

Alright, you can increase the second to last argument "turn speed" in the physics_ini_ext script

Great, Thanks

By the way thank you for posting the Unregistered version, I saw physics like these in a Gta clone called GTA Columbia which was made with Game Maker Pro. I looked at the cars in the editable and I could not understand the code at all. The code in this engine is much better and easier to understand.

#186 chaz13

chaz13

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4212 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 02:16 PM

No problem, its my pleasure.

#187 RamboFox

RamboFox

Tainted Fortune

• 992 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 01:20 AM

Ehh, I just had a look at your "latest" version - and I don't see much difference.

Cop AI is still in there - which is nice, and my favorite thing of this car physics engine is it's collision/rotation function. Apart from that, it's still pretty basic.

So when will you implement gear changing? I find it rather ironic how you name your physics engine "Gearshift" straight of the bat, and have no basic gear system.

Also: I suggest you add slide to the car if you hammer the brake-pedal too hard - this gives you the illusion that the car has mass and wants to continue on the direction it was going on previously. :)

#188 chaz13

chaz13

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4212 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 04:36 PM

There is no new version, and I'm no longer developing this.

#189 RamboFox

RamboFox

Tainted Fortune

• 992 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 09:44 AM

Why not? This engine got me interested - I like the collision physics and such, so why stop?

#190 chaz13

chaz13

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4212 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 04:20 PM

Although the engine itself could probably be improved I think adding some things that may be superfluous to some people wanting to use the engine is a bad idea. I'm also rather busy at the moment which doesn't really help.

#191 ShadowAndroidX

ShadowAndroidX

GMC Member

• Validating
  • 56 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 06:50 PM

Although the engine itself could probably be improved I think adding some things that may be superfluous to some people wanting to use the engine is a bad idea. I'm also rather busy at the moment which doesn't really help.

This engine could really do with some improvement, although the turning is pretty nice; and will really help with a project I'm working on at the moment - Thanks!

#192 spicydeath82

spicydeath82

Awesomesauce

• 138 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 28 November 2009 - 01:22 AM

i like how people say it could be improved, but never volunteer to do it, it's always gimme gimme gimme! lol.
really, the man(? guessing you are) said repeatedly that it is not supposed to be realistic simulation, so stop *****ing people... frankly i like it, it's fine the way it is, and any thing it could use i'll add myself to soot my needs.
and that's what you should do folks, thank the man(?) for his hard work, and make the changes your selves...
and please for the love of god, read all the posts before you complain... you just might learn something if your not busy moaning...

Great job chaz, the second i started playing with it, it gave a bunch of game ideas...

P.S. by the way chaz, Gore one is awesome... hope you get the chance to finish the second one.

Edited by spicydeath82, 28 November 2009 - 01:24 AM.

#193 chaz13

chaz13

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4212 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 07:53 PM

Thanks for the reply. I won't be updating any of my creations any further, but I'm glad people are still finding good uses for them. I'm only visiting the forums to check up on my threads and pm's, but I suppose over time I'll start to stop coming here.

#194 Dylijn

Dylijn

GMC Member

• 553 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 08:40 PM

Thanks for the reply. I won't be updating any of my creations any further, but I'm glad people are still finding good uses for them. I'm only visiting the forums to check up on my threads and pm's, but I suppose over time I'll start to stop coming here.

So you arent developping Gore 2 anymore ? :D

EDIT:

Just saw that you released the game and the source :(

Edited by Dylijn, 29 November 2009 - 08:41 PM.

#195 chaz13

chaz13

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4212 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 08:57 PM

Yeah, I'm leaving everything. Sorry, but at least I've released it and you can learn/borrow from it or carry it on or whatever.

#196 prahasith

prahasith

GMC Member

• 65 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 01:17 AM

Broken download links

#197 chaz13

chaz13

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4212 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:42 PM

Sorry for the worlds biggest bump, but I was wondering whether people would be interested in a brand new up to date version of this engine?

#198 OldSkoolGamer

OldSkoolGamer

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 127 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:08 AM

Sorry for the worlds biggest bump, but I was wondering whether people would be interested in a brand new up to date version of this engine?

I for one would definitely be interested, trying to work on a racing game myself now & having difficulty getting the right "feel" to everything.

#199 HayManMarc

HayManMarc

The HayMan

• GMC Member
  • 1222 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:57 AM

I'd be interested in seeing an update for this, too. I have a 'car' game on the back burner, waiting for development.

#200 richicon

richicon

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:26 PM

There is an issue with the smoke effect.

If you switch your map to using tiles, and paint a couple of tiles, the skid smoke then draws on top of the car (rather than below as it should) and no amount of tinkering with layers will fix this. I can only presume it is a bug with the 'effect_create_below' function and tiles.

This is in GM Studio.

#201 Magicnanners

Magicnanners

GMC Member

• 11 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:16 PM

A new update would be great!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users