Photo

Cage Match 173

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

Poll: Cage Match 173 (96 member(s) have cast votes)

Please Choose...

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Ablach Blackrat

Ablach Blackrat

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1215 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 15 November 2008 - 06:34 PM

The results of Cage Match 172 were as follows...

Karoshi Factory by 2Dcube.....44
Waxy's Sushi Party by Srehpog.....37

Cage Match 173 is underway (ends on the 22nd of November).

Karoshi Factory by 2Dcube
GMC Link
Yoyo Games Link

System Lord by Fiender
GMC Link
Yoyo Games Link

Cage Match Rules
  • Starting on Saturday of each week, two games in the Creations Forum will go head to head in a contest to be voted on by GMC users.
  • On the following Saturday morning, the winner will be chosen from the tallied votes and will go onto the next Cage Match.
  • The Creator of the game that didn't win will pick the next game to compete.
  • This is important: I will contact both contestants at the beginning of the match and ask that both submit a replacement game to me by PM by the Thursday of the same week that they are in the Cage Match. This is to ensure that the Matches continue without interruption. If I do not receive PM's then I will choose the next game. Please no one else submit game suggestions to me.
  • If a game wins four rounds it will be retired to the Hall of Fame and the two games recommended for replacement by the contestants will be entered into the next Cage Match.
  • The games selected to be replacements can be any game posted within the last 4 months of the end of the voting period.
  • The games chosen by the participants can be either posted in the GMC or at Yoyo Games.
  • A contestant may not choose another one of their own games to take their place.
  • Any type of valid Game Maker creation may be chosen, not just games.
  • In the event of lack of nomination or a game making into the hall of fame, the cage match moderator may choose a game beyond the four month deadline.
  • Under no circumstances may anyone PM the contestants to ask if their game be nominated. This will earn an immediate ban of that game from participating in the Cage Match. Posting in the actual Cage Match topic to ask the same thing will received an immediate warn.
  • When replying to this topic: do not post just to say who you voted for.
Cage Match Main Pages

The Cage Match Hall of Fame and complete list of all Cage matches can be found in this topic.

Sig Banners

The following banners have been created by members of the forum for you to use in your signatures. Please save them to your own server space and link from there. Thanks.

Banners created by RoachofDeath...

Round 1 Banner
Round 2 Banner
Round 3 Banner
Hall of Fame Banner

Banners created by DLEntertainment...

Participant Banner
Round 1 Banner
Round 2 Banner
Round 3 Banner
Hall of Fame Banner

Banners created by E-magination...

Round 1 Banner
Round 2 Banner
Round 3 Banner
Hall of Fame Banner

Banners created by Fox-NL...

Banners (single pic for all)

I believe that that is more than enough variety for people to choose from. Thank you, but I won't be accepting anymore banners

#2 thebogeyman

thebogeyman

The Boogey Man

• 514 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 06:44 PM

I went System Lord...

I'm surprised people have been picking recent games to put in the cagematch. There still have been a LOT of good games that came out before the cagematch came back.

#3 FallenMaster

FallenMaster

GMC Member

• 417 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 07:18 PM

Karoshi for me, System Lords was too buggy :P.

#4 IQbrew

IQbrew

Pro-Grammar

• Banned Users
  • 2607 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 15 November 2008 - 07:20 PM

Karoshi. Hey, its tied 3-3.

#5 TGOC

TGOC

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 370 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 08:17 PM

I think almost every game I voted for so far lost.

What's the big idea!?

#6 masterofhisowndomain

masterofhisowndomain

The Designer

• GMC Member
  • 3650 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 15 November 2008 - 08:32 PM

I admire Fiender for the entrance into the RTS genre. It's something GM needs a lot more of to raise it's profile, and as a veteran of the genre, it's my choice in the match. ;)

#7 PurpleFuzzy

PurpleFuzzy

Punk Rock Princess

• 1587 posts
  • Version:GM7

Posted 16 November 2008 - 12:30 AM

Third consecutive week where neither game was over-the-top quality. But System Lord is definitely the better of the two. The graphics are great and the gameplay isn't horrible. So it got my vote.

-PF

#8 Dmaster270

Dmaster270

GMC Member

• 1736 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 12:39 AM

かろし (Karoshi for those who can't read japanese/see boxes).
System Lord was poorly done for me. And かろし (karoshi) although a sequel, was just a bit better.

#9 Fuzzle

Fuzzle

The Super Pickle

• 163 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 02:32 PM

System Lord is like that really pretty girl in school that doesn't really have anything else to her and Karoshi factory is like that girl that everybody is in love with and that you know that you could do better than to get with that girl but you like her anyway and you have no idea why... I have a pretty big crush on Karoshi factory.

Edited by Fuzzle, 16 November 2008 - 02:35 PM.

#10 fawful

fawful

dear leader

• GMC Member
  • 1321 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 16 November 2008 - 02:48 PM

System lord could have been pollished more,it was ok.
But i really dislike the karoshi series,it's so average and over rated.
That alone is enough for me to vote system lord.

#11 overboy

overboy

Andrew Brophy

• GMC Member
  • 668 posts
  • Version:None

Posted 16 November 2008 - 04:32 PM

System Lord is like that really pretty girl in school that doesn't really have anything else to her and Karoshi factory is like that girl that everybody is in love with and that you know that you could do better than to get with that girl but you like her anyway and you have no idea why... I have a pretty big crush on Karoshi factory.

Haha, that's hilarious. I voted Karoshi as well, I'm kind of a fan of the series...

#12 Ju Ju Master

Ju Ju Master

GMC Member

• 16 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 04:42 PM

I'm not a huge fan of Karoshi Factory - I think it's a bit overrated - but System Lord was way, way too buggy. So Karoshi gets my vote, definitely

#13 Pallas

Pallas

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 94 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 02:28 PM

System Lord isn't really a game that belongs in a Cage Match, in my opinion. It's just not the same quality as other games here. I especially disliked the tutorial (I thought it was boring), the lack of music (sometimes), the change in the size of the window and the graphics, which were sometimes really ugly.
I don't really think Karoshi Factory is a great game, but it's still the better of the two in my opinion.

#14 Fiender

Fiender

GMC Member

• 912 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 03:08 PM

System Lord was poorly done for me. And かろし (karoshi) although a sequel, was just a bit better.

Oh, and how was it "poorly done" ? :GM040:

What the hell is this supposed to mean? :)

System Lord isn't really a game that belongs in a Cage Match, in my opinion. It's just not the same quality as other games here.

So you would have preferred a version of 1945 with the sprites changed? Because that's more or less what most of the Yoyo games are.

Thank you everyone! You've taught me that work and effort are repaid with people not appreciating what you've done. So it's not the best game in the world, hang me on a cross for it.

#15 ui264

ui264

GMC Member

• 368 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 03:26 PM

I don't like 2dcube anymore.

His only good games are karoshi 1, 2 and wubly 1.

Yet he still gets a ton of praise for all his other games.

If you look on YYG, you'll see that all of his games have 3 stars, yet they still get staff picked...

Why?

#16 DPoole

DPoole

KwikLook Editor

• 188 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 03:51 PM

Analogy of the week. :GM040:

Fiender. You are generalising way too much. Not everyone makes 1945 games. :)

Edited by DPoole, 17 November 2008 - 03:53 PM.

#17 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 21539 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 17 November 2008 - 07:13 PM

Oh, and how was it "poorly done" ? :GM040:

What the hell is this supposed to mean? :)

System Lord isn't really a game that belongs in a Cage Match, in my opinion. It's just not the same quality as other games here.

So you would have preferred a version of 1945 with the sprites changed? Because that's more or less what most of the Yoyo games are.

Thank you everyone! You've taught me that work and effort are repaid with people not appreciating what you've done. So it's not the best game in the world, hang me on a cross for it.

Woa! Don´t take these comments so seriously... My game got bombed when it was in the cagematch and I didn´t mind a bit. At least it was nominated and some people voted for it!!! I haven´t played System Lord yet so I´ll edit back once I´ve played and voted... (I promise not to use any analogies (nice one Purple Fuzzy!) and explain myself properly)...

EDIT: Ive played and voted... For Karoshi. System Fiend is too inconsistent for me. I found some of the graphics excelent and others very poor... Some parts of the interface are great and others terrible, etc... I recognise that making an RTS is very difficult and think that Fiender has done a very good job, but its just not polished enough (there are a number of small bugs) and I found the lack of options (screen size, keyboard etc...) most annoying. And I also missed the typical RTS conventions like shift+1 creates a group(I tried it and it took me to the missions screen, abruptly ending the tutorial), right clicking from the main base creates a waypoint for created ships, or holding shift and clicking one ship selects all of a similar type...

Edited by Mark13673, 19 November 2008 - 09:54 AM.

#18 makerofthegames

makerofthegames

Never you mind!

• GMC Member
  • 7526 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 02:26 PM

Sig Banners

The following banners have been created by members of the forum for you to use in your signatures. Please save them to your own server space and link from there. Thanks.

Uh, has anyone ever used those? Seriously...I've never seen one.

#19 True Valhalla

True Valhalla

ಠ_ಠ

• GMC Member
  • 5277 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 09:00 PM

I actually quite liked it. I know how hard it is to make RTS, and if anyone has tried, and then played System Lords, you will know that a lot of effort has gone into making it the game it is-which is quite exceptional.

#20 Pallas

Pallas

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 94 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 07:38 PM

I obviously referred to other games in the Cage Matches, e.g. Frozzd, Ancient Ants Adventure, Robbie Swifthand and the Orb of Mysteries, Iji, Byteality's Tower Defense, Skullpogo, ... All the stuff that came across in the last months.

#21 randomGamer

randomGamer

GMC Member

• 43 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 05:39 AM

System lord seems to be better than karoshi factory. I don't really like the idea of killing yourself... or others... but that's not too big for me(it IS a game) What really struck me was how both games seemed to glitch about the same(system lord a bit more), but RTSs are really hard to fix glitches in. I tried making an RTS a while ago, it didn't turn out very good. The factory's bugs were: you can shoot a block into someone, and they can't move. The bullets sometimes go thru the bounce thing. And I dislike the control system- who though jump is usually the up key, not z... System lord's bugs were only really noticable to someone who's played RTSs before. Examples: ctrl+1 doesn't set a group to 1- it goes to the level select screen. You can't put orders on the minimap, and left clicking on the minimap deselects your units. There seemed to be some problems with the FoW, or "grayspace" and the minimap, with the minimap showing stuff that I couldn't see normally. They are both good games, but system lord has more effort put into it judging by the graphics and the amount of things to do in it. (note- I didn't get very far into either game, but this is what I judge by the first 10 levels in karoshi and the first 2 in system lord)

#22 masterofhisowndomain

masterofhisowndomain

The Designer

• GMC Member
  • 3650 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 20 November 2008 - 08:15 PM

Fiender I'd be very proud if my game was even selected for a cagematch, let alone pitted against a game by 2DCube, and let alone holding a sizeable share of the %'s. So what it's not winning? It just means you'll have to improve upon it and add to it. If it makes you feel any better I also voted for you. :P

#23 makerofthegames

makerofthegames

Never you mind!

• GMC Member
  • 7526 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 11:25 PM

What the hell is this supposed to mean? :P

I laughed when I read that, I agree..What the heck does that mean? *uses the stupid noobie smiley* :)

#24 FallenMaster

FallenMaster

GMC Member

• 417 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 04:29 PM

/.../

/.../

Here's my contribution :angry:: gamemaker.isthe****.net

Oh c'mon! Censoring even in links :/? Anyway, replace the **** with S.H.I.T (no dots)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users