• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 jomo24

jomo24

GMC Member

• 252 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 12:54 AM

Here are some updates:
Escape on a Motorcycle, a game created by Sarx, the first iteration is on the site, it's been edited, is now a 2 player game, new modes of play, etc.
NOW RELEASED!

Speedbots, another game created by Sarx, it's 2 player enabled, top down view as you try to survive an array of enemies.
Now Released!!

www.psychestudios.co.cc

Please support us in the GM Competitions

Posted Image
GM Top Sites

Also new: We now have individual pages for each of our games, as the amounts of our games expanded, we realize this is a necessary choice. These pages in the future, will contain the Instant Play to our games.

Please note: Our instant play will ONLY work with Firefox. Not to mention, our website has been optimized for Firefox. It has specific problems with IE, but will work perfectly in Firefox

Edited by jomo24, 02 March 2009 - 08:34 PM.

#2 10to2

10to2

GMC Member

• 75 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 01:42 PM

In this age of wide screen monitors and resolutions at 2 million x 1 million, I really like the 'big' style you have.

Can you drop us a line when the weekly comic starts. That really interests me.

Regards,

TtT

#3 jomo24

jomo24

GMC Member

• 252 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 08:21 PM

Comic should be done today or tommorow. Very excited, it's about Zelda so keep your eyes open for it.

It will be a omic strip not a whole page ordeal oO Unless maybe.. Iunno.. we'll see. Thanks for all the insight.

Started a new game project called Tromp, no spoilers yet!

Comic will actually come out friday, her photoshop is being glitchy. Got plans for 3 more comics, probably will be Halo 3, and brawl.

#4 jomo24

jomo24

GMC Member

• 252 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 03:19 AM

Hey, we're now announcing a media creation contest.

What do we mean by media?

Anything to do with Psyche!
Gifs, Bannners, videos, pictures, anything.

What will I get if I win?
Every entrant gets their design added to the media center, with credit given.
The winner gets their media announced, implemented into one of our numerous games.
And if they own a website, we may be willing to be affiliate.

So please send in some submissions, there isn't a limit or a max to your submissions

#5 BlitzBasic

BlitzBasic

GMC Member

• 24 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 07:02 AM

Just a heads-up, unless someone is logged into the GMC, they won't see your sig and they won't have a link!

#6 jomo24

jomo24

GMC Member

• 252 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 05:59 PM

Thanks bunches, edited, now has a link.

Media contest deadline is a month from now.

We now have Motorcycle Escape 1.0 up [versus the WIP Motorcycle] I think it's pretty fun, so go check it out. Tons of reviews flying up, also, submitted Not Another Game Demo and Motorcycle into YoYoGames, so hopefully they'll get some instant play going on.

Comic is done, going up as soon as I get the e-mail.

So have a great day. =]

#7 Sarx

Sarx

GMC Member

• 14 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 05:23 PM

Hey, this is Sarx, CEO and President of Psyche! Studios. A fewcorrections on Jomo's post.....

1. For the media contest, the logo, video, or whatever you do must have the words "Psyche! Studios", not just psyche. Also, only the best will be accepted, and credit will be given to them along with a Wii or DS game. The contest ends January 1, 2009.

2. The motorcycle game is called "Escape on a Motorcycle", and although it is a cheesy name, the game is fun. I hadn't finished the game completely before it was put up. Alone, I completely created that game. It was not an update, but a finalization of the game.

--Sarx, CEO and President of Psyche! Studios

Edited by Sarx, 18 November 2008 - 06:00 PM.

#8 Sarx

Sarx

GMC Member

• 14 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 05:24 PM

From now on, I will be posting the announcements here, not jomo. Thanks.

Edited by Sarx, 18 November 2008 - 07:42 PM.

#9 BlitzBasic

BlitzBasic

GMC Member

• 24 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 07:07 AM

Jomo, any sign of that comic yet? I can't find it!

#10 jomo24

jomo24

GMC Member

• 252 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 07:47 PM

You know, it's weird, shehasn't sent it to us. We've sent her an e-mail.

I'll see about calling her cell later today.

=/ Sorry guys.

Would check the company e-mail but Sarx got mad because I tweaked his post a little bit, thus he changed the company e-mail. So now I have no access, generally. But I'm working things out.

#11 jomo24

jomo24

GMC Member

• 252 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 07:01 AM

We finally got the comic done.
We couldn't get color [the photoshop was broken]

Thus it isn't colored, but we still like it, and hopefully you will too.

Sorry for the wait, but hey, stop reading this, and get to the picture

Posted Image

#12 jomo24

jomo24

GMC Member

• 252 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 05:49 PM

Alright, first comic is up, we have demos and games to be released hopefully by friday. Sarx just finished a zombie shooter, and we got a demo called ShooterX waiting approval by him, the first demo made by our webmaster and game designer Samuraikill.

So await the games and meanwhile help us raise ranks in the GM competitions by clicking...

Posted Image
GM Top Sites

Edited by jomo24, 25 November 2008 - 05:53 PM.

#13 jomo24

jomo24

GMC Member

• 252 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 09:58 PM

Alright folks, it's been a great thanksgiving weekend for Psyche! Studios. Unfortunately, Sarx was in Idaho this weekend, so we had to delay the release of speedbots, but before he left, he did send me his current game project, Codenamed: Save Yourself, whether this will be the title of the game, I'm not sure. It's a very cool game, even though it's only in its first stages. You got bugs flying towards you, and you have to destroy them, I'm not exactly sure of his entire concept idea, but I think it's a lot of fun.

I spent the last couple of hours actual developing the first Psyche! Studios Jukebox.

It's a basic CD Player, but you a little graphic of our little Dinosaur guy [Alfie, is what we call him] who does a variety of things, like exploding, twisting, and other fun things. This should be up as soon as I get the approval from Sarx, it should be a fun little thing.

Meanwhile, we also got word from Travis that he is working on a game called Penguin Adventure (which is actually going to be a series). It's going to be a 'Sandbox' type of game, and he said the view and the movement will be a lot like pokemon.

Soon, I'll have screenshots of his menu for penguin adventure, as well as a screenshot of the Jukebox, and Save Yourself.

Thanks for all the support, we've been getting.

You still have until New Years Day to turn in entries to the Media-Creation Contest.

The forums have also been relaunched, however, we're having some problems with it, so as of right now, it's just an easier way for our staff members to talk, until we have resolved all the problems with our forums.

We're still raising the ranks in the competitions.

Currently for top GM sites, we are nestled at 9th place, see the links below to support us.
And for the top 100, we're now in 1ST PLACE!

Thank you to all that have supported us. And keep watching for more updates.

#14 jomo24

jomo24

GMC Member

• 252 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 03:31 AM

We have a couple new updates for you guys

The second comic came out, as well as a little jukebox program. Tromp is soon to be posted, and development for a level editor for it as well.

There are always several projects going on, including Sarx an unbelievable platformer, Sector 17, a tower defense shooter, and Speedbots.

Several games will be put up just after Christmas. Meanwhile enjoy our media package and your christmas!

#15 jomo24

jomo24

GMC Member

• 252 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 11:23 PM

Unfortunately, they have been taken down for the time being.

They didn't fulfill their purpose, and we had tons of problems and errors pertaining to migrating over to PHPBB v. 3.0

So once we get the forums all worked out. We'll release it back to the public.

#16 jomo24

jomo24

GMC Member

• 252 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 08:00 PM

Hey everyone, thanks to the use of YAIPP, we now have one game available for Instant Play (at this moment)

The plug-in is only currently available for firefox users (Sorry IE you're out of luck) But our website has been optimized more for Firefox from the beginning.

Visis: www.psychestudios.co.cc/instantplay.php To play Psyche! Smash instantly.

We'll be working how exactly we want the games to work (Which may include a separate page for each game, and perhaps a comment system as well for each of our games. I'll keep you updated on the games we have available as I get them to work. Thanks everyone!

#17 jomo24

jomo24

GMC Member

• 252 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 07:51 PM

Tromp, one of my first solo games, is going to be out TONIGHT!

Thanks to DSL.. ^^;; Finally..

Yeah, it's a challenging little platformer that I spent a good deal of time designing. I hope you guys enjoy it.
Meanwhile, we've been having problems with several of our games, but don't worry not only are we working to correct the downloads, We're going to start making Instant Play available.

So have a great week.

#18 jomo24

jomo24

GMC Member

• 252 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:39 AM

Tromp is now available for download (at last) I'm way happy with it.. download it here!<- Linky

We recently held a kind of competition for some banner creations, as well as a Logo Remake, hopefully we'll have a poll up on our website between the 6 different ones we liked.

Thanks all, and we'll be bringing more updates soon.

#19 jomo24

jomo24

GMC Member

• 252 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:01 PM

Sorry guys, apparently our server didn't accept Tromp. Hopefully I can get it up ASAP... it's transferring right now.

#20 Schalk

Schalk

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 487 posts
  • Version:GM:HTML5

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:53 PM

The site layout is simple and good. On thing which I don't like about it is the the colors which you used, it could just be me but I don't like light text on dark background.

#21 jomo24

jomo24

GMC Member

• 252 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 10:11 PM

Hello, we finally got Tromp working, by using Will Host for Food... This will not be for everything.

I'm currently working on individual game pages for our.. 11 games thus far. With a couple on the way. So stay tuned and enjoy tromp

#22 jomo24

jomo24

GMC Member

• 252 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 09:22 PM

The individual game pages is done, follow this URL to see our new Games Page.

Basically, the amount expanded, and we needed more room, (it was either individual pages, or multiple pages of the games, we chose individual and keep the list one page)

In the future, we will have a rotating logo (we have 25 logos to use ^^;;) As well as Instant PLay coming to the games. Watch out for these updates!

#23 jomo24

jomo24

GMC Member

• 252 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 07:24 AM

Hey everyone another update, we've been busy working on games, as well as Java for me (suprisingly similar to GML), so we haven't gotten back to you guys in like, what, 10 days?

But hey. The forums are back, PERMANENTLY. Which is great news to our staff members, who have registered on many different iterations of them.

Meanwhile, we got some more news pertaining, to, well, staff!

Mrpickle is the latest staff member to join our team, he just released a demo for his game Egypt Bombing, downloadable here: www.psychestudios.co.cc/files/EgyptBombing.zip

It's a way cool game, which inspired Sarx to start a 3Dgame project of his own.

We also got another member, Alex, joining our team as well, we hope to get a game demo of his Codename: 'Zombies' soon. Hmmm.. I wonder what it's about?

Thanks to Team [logo] for our fantastic new banner! Thanks everyone.

#24 connery64

connery64

GMC Member

• 108 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 03:14 PM

Amazing website, but change the banner back to the one you had before, the new one is not consistent with the rest of the page at all and looks more like an advertisement than a banner. Also, you should consider making it so that the links in the navigation change colors when you hover over them, it really adds a lot to websites. Overall it's a really original and well designed website with great content as well.

#25 jomo24

jomo24

GMC Member

• 252 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 07:56 PM

I've been debating that, I got tons of options as to which banners we want.

And I'll see about the hovering over. =] Thanks ya much. I'm going to go update stuff now. xD

Jeez. I am so slow at getting games up now.. but that's going to change. Right now I'm uploading Speedbots. =] Will post link here, (WHFF - We've ran out of room I think..)

Posted Image

Go ahead and download!

Edited by jomo24, 02 March 2009 - 08:11 PM.

#26 mrpickle:)

mrpickle:)

RebelGamesCo.com-CEO

• 205 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 02:47 AM

OK guys i'm still updating the DEMO. nothing that is playable yet but pretty darn close!
By the way, Sarx, I never knew you are making a 3D game!
If you need help, you know my email or PM me!

Edited by mrpickle:), 03 March 2009 - 02:53 AM.

#27 jomo24

jomo24

GMC Member

• 252 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 02:22 PM

Sarx doesn't read the announcements. But yes, he is working on a 3D game.

Your best chance to talk to him is to e-mail him.

#28 mrpickle:)

mrpickle:)

RebelGamesCo.com-CEO

• 205 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 11:13 PM

Ok i will later.

#29 samuraikill

samuraikill

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 07:46 AM

The new site is Psyche-studios.com. It has been updated with new posts and a new forum.

#30 2DLuis

2DLuis

Graphic Designer

• GMC Member
  • 2504 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 07 April 2010 - 04:16 PM

The new site is Psyche-studios.com. It has been updated with new posts and a new forum.

Good amount of content, some interesting games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users