66 replies to this topic

#51 hithere

hithere

GMC Member

• 86 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 08:57 AM

AWESOME! :)
The ridiculous amount of blood spewing all over was great! lol
And the graphics are quite nice and the music goes well with the gameplay.

UPDATED! (Aug 6th '09) Battle now! Download Here (.exe, 7.89MB) or go to the YoYo Games page.

#52 Lord Alfred

Lord Alfred

GMC Member

• 322 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 01:50 AM

First off, good job; This game is quite well done. The graphics were pretty simple, not that that is bad. They were a little boring though. Varied zombie sprites would be nice, such as some having gore on them or something like that. The gameplay was decent as well, but not exceptional. To improve, I would make the new content come a little quicker, the zombies and shotgun zombies were the only enemies for the first 4 levels, which made them a little boring. I liked the weapon system though. The first boss was very cool. The second boss wasn't quite so fun and a little too hard, I couldn't get past him. The level design was repetitive, some puzzle elements would be nice. Lastly, it was frusterating to have to start all the way at the beginning after dying, maybe instead of starting all over, just restart the chapter. Overall, a 8.5/10.

Edit:
So I figured out that the second boss is do-able and that you dont have to restart the whole game each game over. Also, the third chapter was really fun and the level design was a lot better after chapter 2. Chapter 2 really brings the rest of the game down, it has no atmosphere, in the other chapters you actually feel like you're in the environment, a dungeon, a sewer, a cave, whatever. The third boss was pretty cool too. How do you get past the room with the jet pack in it? I can't get past the part where you have to jump across those huge gaps and then... up?

Edited by Lord Alfred, 24 December 2008 - 12:41 AM.

#53 Nobody

Nobody

GMC Member

• 335 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 08:00 PM

Thanks! I will take everything in consideration when I start the update.

Jetpack jumps are easier when you activate the boost right after starting your jump.

#54 gamewizkid

gamewizkid

GMC Member

• 436 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 08:25 PM

I would have liked this game more had I gotten past level 2.
Imagine a large mansion. And imagine that it has light, reflected off of the very large moon at night. Now imagine rain. Rain, rain, rain, rain, rain. Now imagine a light flickering in one or two of the windows of the mansion. And finally, imagine a cinder block and some sort of burnt trophy, laid on the side of the house; pieces of broken metal and wiring is twisted over and under them. Then imagine that the flickering lights turn off. Now the moon turns off. Did you like that? go here to read the full story...and PM me about it if you liked or didn't like it...

#55 Johnnsen

Johnnsen

Braaaains

• 418 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 11:17 PM

Hard but I love it.
I can't hear "ZIP FILE PLZ" anymore. Install Winrar or 7zip, it can extract them all.

#56 Revenge

Revenge

Dr. Broccoli

• GMC Member
  • 573 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:23 AM

Bloody hell, I just past level two by some kind of flamer glitch, level 3 is way harder. Can't do it!!! I probably shouldn't even post here considering my game is always being accused of being a 10800 zombies rip-off.

#57 DBB

DBB

GMC Member

• 248 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 11:09 AM

This game is better than sex! :)

#58 JordanMaster22

JordanMaster22

GMC Member

• 496 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 04:11 AM

It reminds me of an NES game. This game's pretty fun. The only thing wrong is that your player shakes when in the air.
Oh no! Is Hypercam and Camstudio too laggy and crappy to record your games? All you want is to get some HQ or HD footage of your Game Maker game, but you don't have a state of the ark computer. There's a solution! This engine records hours of HQ or HD footage of your game, saves it to a KB-sized file, and doesn't require a lot of memory! Also, you can customize the frame-rate while playing back a file, so Hypercam can record a low frame rate and output a high one!

HD PLAYBACK ENGINE

#59 dragonforce327

dragonforce327

GMC Member

• 548 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:32 PM

Amazing game! Although also pretty difficult... the second boss, how do you defeat it? By the time I get there, I'm at 20% health, with no extra lives... Anyway, besides that, great. Graphic style was simple yet pleasing, music was nice, and movement was very smooth. I give it 8.5/10.
I WILL ONLY OCCASIONALLY BE VISITING THE GMC FROM HERE ON.

SENSES FAIL FAN!!
For a simple, script-free, LITE-user friendly, drag-drop inventory example that has over 2200 downloads, click here.
Click here for a collection of 7 free, original MIDIs!
Bashing people for their religion doesn't solve anything.
Click here
for my FULL MIDI collection.

#60 dragonforce327

dragonforce327

GMC Member

• 548 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:38 PM

Amazing game! Although also pretty difficult... the second boss, how do you defeat it? By the time I get there, I'm at 20% health, with no extra lives... Anyway, besides that, great. Graphic style was simple yet pleasing, music was nice, and movement was very smooth. I give it 8.5/10.
I WILL ONLY OCCASIONALLY BE VISITING THE GMC FROM HERE ON.

SENSES FAIL FAN!!
For a simple, script-free, LITE-user friendly, drag-drop inventory example that has over 2200 downloads, click here.
Click here for a collection of 7 free, original MIDIs!
Bashing people for their religion doesn't solve anything.
Click here
for my FULL MIDI collection.

#61 gurilazs

gurilazs

GMC Member

• 385 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:39 PM

That's impreseive!
Instant File Upload: http://upload.shoutsomething.com

#62 Verruckt

Verruckt

GMC Member

• 54 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 12:34 AM

Graphical style is awesome, lover of the pixels.
The picking up weapon/ammo system is great, very strategical instead of simply hoarding ammo.
The shotgunners? Very difficult at first. It took me a while to learn how to beat them without getting hurt. Perhaps you should've slowed their reaction times by a few fractions of a second for when you first see them, and then increase their reaction times per area?

I beat the first boss, attempted chapter 2 twice getting pretty far but not quite making it.

The damage system is a little frustrating, especially considering the viewport. If you were set to be immune to damage for at least half a second (and then upped the zombie damage a little) that would make it so much less frustrating (like how two frog zombies come from either direction and kill you instantly). But I suppose some may prefer the gameplay this way.

I might play again some time, which is rare for me. 9/10

#63 garrlker

garrlker

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 349 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 01:09 AM

This is my favorite game on the GMC :lol:. I only got past the 3rd level but I still love it. 10/10

#64 artist

artist

GMC Member

• 145 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 06:53 PM

what is up with the dam frame rate loss every now & then???
sometimes the game goes very slow

i have a very good pc,u used simple graphics.
did u forget to delete objects outside the room or something??

good game btw! hope u make a 2nd . :blink:

#65 Nobody

Nobody

GMC Member

• 335 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 07:02 PM

I never have any lag. Don't know what causes it. D:

Thanks for all the positive feedback everybody!

#66 DJ J4KE

DJ J4KE

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 142 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 03:36 PM

This game is amazing.
Beat the giant frog, but then died soon after on chapter 2 :whistle:

8/10.

#67 DJ J4KE

DJ J4KE

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 142 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 03:45 PM

Bug Founded

When i picked that brown guy, and died, i respawned as the whiteguy in the room, and after like 3 sec he changed to the brown guy

Wow what a major bug.

And I think you mean Found not Founded.